So Hold My Hand (I'll Walk With You, My Dear)

Hot Librarian AU

genrehot librarian au, romance, excessive fluff
length: drabble ― 380~ words

 

 

 

Jinki’s hands are really warm and small; Jonghyun learns this when the two of them are out for coffee a few days after their first meeting. His hands also calloused from steering his wheelchair, but the younger man enjoys running his own guitar-roughened fingertips over the bumps and coarse patches.

 

While Jonghyun continues to play with Jinki’s hands, the elder suddenly entwines their fingers together tightly, and Jonghyun looks up to Jinki’s mischievous sunshine smile. “I’ve been waiting for you to hold my hand, you know,” Jinki tells him, a lighthearted pout in his voice.

“Yeah?” Jonghyun asks, leaning just a bit closer. They’re sitting next to each other so it’s easy to invade each other’s personal space. In the dim lighting of the café, it’s not so hard to see the light blush dusting Jinki’s cheeks. “You know what I’ve been waiting for?” When Jinki shakes his head, Jonghyun’s small smile brightens. “This,” he whispers before closing the small gap between them and pressing their lips together.

Jinki’s mouth is indulgent and hot under his, and just as plump as Jonghyun had imagined they would be. His breath is bittersweet from the coffee as it puffs softly over Jonghyun’s cheeks, and the younger can feel Jinki’s long eyelashes flutter against his skin. His grip tightens around Jinki’s hand, boldly biting at the elder’s lower lip as he pulls away ever so slowly. He doesn’t really want to move―he’d much rather kiss Jinki some more―but he didn’t want to push the elder out of his comfort zone.

Jinki’s eyes are still closed when Jonghyun opens his own, their foreheads pressed together. “Was that okay?” he asks, rubbing circles into the back of Jinki’s hand.

When Jinki’s eyes open again, they are practically glowing as he smiles back. “Yeah,” he replies. “That was more than okay.”

So they kiss again.

Later they head back to the college library where Kibum has kindly taken Jinki’s seat behind the desk for the hour, and the couple’s lips are swollen and red. Luckily the feline man doesn’t comment, although the smirk on his face said much more than any words would have, leaving the other two embarrassed when the youngest very obviously leaves them alone.