Chapter II

Captivating Stranger

Inez brought the windbreaker with her everywhere. 
“Because it's warm,” she said all the time. 
But deep down in her heart, Inez was positive it was not that simple.

Perhaps, she was waiting for her next encounter with  'mysterious man'.  
His genuine smile, kind eyes were indelible. His angelic voice kept ringing in her head, driving her mad. 


On a pale Saturday night, where the streets were empty and lights were mostly out, Inez decided to go out for a breather, against her parents' will. 
She was too occupied with her work just because she wanted to keep a particular him out of her mind. 

Just a light stroll in this peaceful streets will do, she thought.

She pulled the 'mysterious man's' windbreaker around her tightly, for the harsh fingers of the cold were threatening to crawl into her body.  

Then a hand tapped  her shoulder. She stopped in her tracks. 
The touch was way too familiar.

'Mysterious man' skipped to Inez's front, and gave her a cheeky wink.
Inez's heart started beating erratically against her ribcage.
She was filled with joy and there were butterflies in her stomach, the beautiful kind.

“So we meet again huh? Seems like we're destined to meet! And look you have the windbreaker with you!”

Inez was about to return it to him, but he touched her hand to stop her from doing so. 
That totally sent electricity to her.
 

He said, now without his playfulness, “Hey, if we managed to meet so quickly, we'll surely meet again!”

Just when he was about to leave, Inez grabbed his hand. She was not sure what made her do it. It was just by her instinct.

“When... when will we meet again? At least tell me your name?”

He smirked at her, as if teasing her for having the littlest bit of interest in him.
He pulled her hand out and wrote 'Kim Joon Myeon. 01 15228803 (a/n: of course, I made it up keke)'

After that, he walked away. 
He never failed to leave a scent, or perhaps stench, of mystery.