Final

A Cliche Forever

Kwangyeon was sitting on his couch at home, thinking about Kyumin. It had been a month, but he couldn't work up the courage to call the latter. It was weird. Kwangyeon was able to kiss Kyumin on the very first day they met, which was also the last day they had seen each other. Kwangyeon wondered if Kyumin forgot him already.

"Don't be a wimp, Kwangyeon. Just call him." Kwangyeon picked up his phone and stared at Kyumin's name. "Why is this so hard to do!?"

It was unhealthy, how much Kwangyeon was beating himself up over the entire thing. He couldn't go a single day without thinking about Kyumin. They only met once, but he couldn't stop thinking about the latter. Every day, before and after work, Kwangyeon would stop by the convenience store, hoping to see Kyumin again. It hasn't happened yet. Kwangyeon wondered if Kyumin missed him.

"Arggggh! That's it! I'm going to call him!" Kwangyeon quickly pressed the call button, and he knew he couldn't go back when he heard the ring.

"Hello?" Kyumin's voice sounded through the phone

"Um..." Kwangyeon couldn't think. His mind went blank.

"Can I help you? Who is this?"

"Um..."

"Listen, I don't want to have anything to do with a creep, ok? If you're not going to say anything, don't call me again."

"Wait!" Kwangyeon could feel that Kyumin was about to hang up on him.

"Are you going to talk now?"

"It's me...um...Kwangyeon..."

"Kwangyeon? Really? It's been one month, three days, and thirteen hours since we first met and last saw each other!" Kyumin coughed at the other end. "Not that I was keeping track or anything...I just...I've missed you..."

"Seriously? You remember me?"

"As if I could forget. You were adorabley shy that day! Besides, you kissed me before I went home."

"Yeah...I did..."

"After the first week, I kind of gave up on the thought of you calling me. I still had a little hope, though."

"Well, I called you today..."

"You did. Do you want to know the best part about that?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Today's my birthday."

"Are you being serious!? Happy Birthday! I feel bad now..."

"Why?"

"If I had called sooner, I would have known that today was your birthday, and I could've gotten you a present."

"If you let me come over, I'll count that as my present from you."

"Y-you want to come over? Here? M-my house?"

"Yeah. Is it a bad time?"

"N-not at all! I'm just...surprised..."

"Well, if it's alright with you, I'll be over in about an hour."

"Ok...I'll be here..."

They said their goodbyes and ended the call, and Kwangyeon felt like he had run a mile. He was sweating and out of breath, and he didn't understand why. All he could think was that Kyumin was coming over, and he needed everything to look perfect and clean. Kwangyeon stood quickly and got to work.

He placed all of his dirty clothes in the hamper, folded all of his clean clothes and put them in the closet, swept the floors, washed the dishes, cleaned the countertops and table, and straightened up the little things. With how quickly he was working, he got all of that done in half an hour. He spent ten minutes of the remaining half in the shower and five minutes of the remaining twenty to style his hair. He put on his nicest casual clothes and brushed his teeth again for good measure.

There was five minutes left for Kyumin's approximate arrival time, and Kwangyeon was incredibly nervous. What if Kyumin decided that he was weird? What if Kyumin decided that he wasn't up to his standards? What if Kyumin came by just to tell him that he didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore?

The sound of the doorbell interrupted his thoughts, and Kwangyeon thought his heart stopped for a second. He shuffled to the door, tripping on his feet on the way, and slowly opened it. He found himself in an incredibly tight embrace that made it hard for him to breathe.

"I really missed you." Kyumin whispered in Kwangyeon's ear, and Kwangyeon's breath hitched.

"I really missed you too." Kwangyeon shyly smiled at Kyumin when the latter released him.

Kwangyeon and Kyumin soon found themselves kissing each other. They were slow and hesitant kisses, but they left both of them breathless. Soon, they were cuddling on the couch, pecking each other on the lips every once in a while.

"Are we rushing this?" Kyumin looked down at Kwangyeon, unsure.

"To most people, we probably are..." Kwangyeon trailed off uncertainly.

"Yeah..."

"It's only the second time we've met, but we're already like this. We only know each other's names, but we're already so comfortable with each other. It's weird, but I'm fine with it for some reason..."

"You know...I think I fell in love with you..." Kyumin mumbled, and Kwangyeon didn't hear him.

"What?"

"Nothing...It's just...I saw an extremely cute guy trying to reach for a box of instant ramen that was too far out of reach for him. Normally, I would have just laughed and walked away, but I felt like I needed to help you. I felt like I was being pulled toward you. It was like my legs had minds of their own."

"I normally would've been creeped out by a guy suddenly basically hugging me in public, but I wasn't. All I could think was that you were extremely attractive and nice. Are we weird?"

"I think I'm weird, but I don't think you're weird. I think you're perfect."

"I'm far from perfect."

"But you're perfect to me."

"Even though you don't know me?"

"I'm willing to find out everything about you, and I'm sure I'll still think you're perfect."

They spent the rest of the day getting to know each other. They told each other their likes, dislikes, habits, peeves, and quirks. They told each other the positive things and the negative things. Despite all of the things that would have made them seem unappealing, they still found the other to be nothing short of perfect.

"I love you, you know." Kwangyeon used every ounce of courage in his body to say that one sentence.

"Me? Really?"

"Yeah, since that day. My heart rate sped up, and it wouldn't calm down. I got so shy and nervous around you, and it didn't get better since you decided to walk me all the way home. It also explains why I haven't gone a single day without thinking of you. It explains why I missed you so much..." Kwangyeon looked away, embarrassed.

"Hey," Kyumin forced Kwangyeon to look at him by grabbing his chin. "I love you too."

They stared at each other for a bit before slowly closing the distance between them. They shared a kiss that was more meaningful than their previous ones. It was a kiss that promised a lifetime. It was a kiss that promised forever.