Jessica Jung Likes Pink

Press Start

Jeti : 1

 

Jessica Jung had been sitting on her favorite bench in a park by her school when she first saw the bubbly teenager. The girl, wearing a short pink skirt and a gray wool cardigan, locked eyes with her briefly. The eye-smile stayed etched into Jessica's memory, following her for the rest of the day.

 

She smiled stupidly during dinner, which led to her younger sister Krystal to poke fun at her. Their parents could only sigh as the sisters bicker back and forth. Luckily the two stopped sharing rooms once Krystal turned 8, or else no one would ever get to sleep in the house.

 

That night Jessica had dreamt of pink skirts and eye-smiles, curling into a ball as she breathed soundly into the night.

 

The next day had been normal, normal for Jessica at least. She arrived to school late, because she refused to run there, she then took a nap during her lunch period. When it came to after school, she delayed her arrival to the club to visit the park once again.

 

It had been wishful thinking, like a scene straight out of an RPG where the main characters would coincidentally bump into each other multiple times.

 

Much to her surprise she saw pink once more, and she didn't know how to react when she saw the girl had started to walk over to her.

 

Pink shoes and a pink headband today, that was the first thing she noticed when their eyes met, shyly on Jessica’s part.

 

"I'm Tiffany. I saw you here yesterday, and I just wanted to say hello."

 

Jessica found herself blushing, "Hi."

 

That eye-smile once again graced her presence, and her blush started to redden a bit more. If Tiffany had noticed, she didn’t say a word.


 

-------


 

Tiffany wasn't a student at their school. She had found out thanks to Luhan, who managed to convince the Student Council Vice President, Taeyeon, to show him the entire student database. How he managed to convince her remained a mystery to her, but Taeyeon seemed to be smirking at her more often now.

 

And Tiffany hadn't been to the park since they had talked, which saddened Jessica more than she would like to admit. But even despite them not seeing each other in a while, Jessica still dreamt of pink hues and shades in all sorts of combinations. The eye-smile never once leaving her thoughts.

 

And before she could count the number of dreams she had concerning the other girl, a week had passed and she found herself on a shopping trip with Kris. It had been a promise between the two of them, with Jessica promising to convince Hyemi to go on some family trip Sera had invited her to, and Kris promising a shopping trip to anywhere she wanted.

 

The reason why she had to do what she had to do was never discussed or even mentioned in passing.

 

Kris, Jessica had found out, worked in mysterious ways. He never explained his actions outright. But the two of them were close, sometimes closer than Tia and Hayana.

 

Kris and Jessica had been browsing a popular game store in mall when Jessica caught sight of her.

 

Her pink beanie and light teal sweater stood out from the crowd. And as always she was well dressed. Jessica almost yelled out for the girl, confusing Kris when she did so. However he was then more confused when she closed hesitantly, hands dropping as the tall boy that had been walking with Tiffany wrapped an arm around the girl's waist.

 

Jessica could faintly hear the girl's giggles when she turned around, apologizing quickly to Kris. If the boy noticed how forced her smile was, he didn't mention it. Kris just nodded, his eyebrows still furrowed at her actions.

 

"Do you think I should preorder the new Final Fantasy game for Hyemi's birthday?" Jessica found herself trying not fumble around with the keys in her pocket.

 

"If you want to, but we came here because I owe you gift." Kris dragged her to the PlayStation section of the store. Jessica didn't put up much of a fuss as she usually did.

 

There she was met with Tiffany. Did Kris do this on purpose? Jessica tried to back away, tried to leave, but Kris' figure blocked her.

 

"Hello, Jessica."

 

Tiffany waved at her excitedly, but she only a got stale smile in response. Jessica seemed to be trying to avoid her eyes, but that wouldn’t deter her starts of a conversation.

 

"Do you play?" Tiffany waited for her to respond, but it was Kris who gave her an answer.

 

"She does. My name's Kris, I'm her friend," Kris simply stated.

 

Jessica sighed, looking at Kris who seemed to be only interested in the games before him. He nudged her, showing her the new Assassin's Creed game, to which she shook her head no to. She already had the game downloaded unto her PS3 at home.

 

Tiffany smiled at the girl, "My brother dragged me here. He plays too, he always beats me in Street Fighter."

 

"She's gone to a tournament before," Kris said nonchalantly. He showed another game to the glaring girl, who once again shook her head. Was he so oblivious to the reason for her glaring?

 

Jessica, now relieved to know that the boy she had seen earlier was just her brother, faced Tiffany directly. Tiffany confused by Kris' words, asked quietly "A tournament for what?"

 

Jessica opened to speak, but Kris beat her to it. "For Street Fighter. She won, granted by default, but she's still named by IGN as one of the best Street Fighter players."

 

Tiffany gulped bit as if she was suddenly overwhelmed by all information, her brother finally returned from wherever he was and instantly recognized Jessica.

 

"You're Jessica Jung!" He exclaimed excitedly. He fumbled around his pockets for his phone. "You're just as pretty as your pictures."

 

Jessica gave him a small tight-lipped smile, "Thank you."

 

Kris went to buy her the game she had unconsciously nodded yes to; she had no one to turn to except for Tiffany who was giving her a small smile. Just when he had managed to find the phone, Kris appeared out of nowhere.

 

"Can I talk to your sister while you two take a picture?" Kris gruffly asked. He was met with a hesitant nod, and with that Tiffany followed him with a nervous smile.

 

Jessica took at least ten pictures for the boy, she had lost count after the third one. He continued to thank her, but soon it turned awkward as they both waited for their shopping partners. The two entered both looking as if they were longtime friends. Tiffany thanked him before waving a goodbye to Jessica. Kris shook his head at Jessica when she tried to get closer to the girl.

 

When she had later asked what they had talked about, she was only met with Kris’s stale face.

 

 

“I asked her where she got her beanie, that’s all,” he simply stated with a shrug, “It looked nice even if it was pink.”

 

And with that thoughts of a bouncing pink beanie and an unwavering eye-smile haunted Jessica for the rest of the days.


 

-------


 

Tiffany had somehow gotten her phone number, and when Jessica had questioned Kris she was only given a raised eyebrow in response. He was behind it, she was sure of it.

 

They sent each other texts in between the day, Tiffany greeted her in the morning, Tiffany wished her good luck during her classes.

 

Somehow the rest of the club had found out about Tiffany, and it took Luhan's constant jabs at her side for her to notice. Hayana laughed at Jessica's embarrassed faces whenever Tiffany sent her a particularly cute text (in her opinion at least). Tia always playfully teased Jessica about her pink wearing girl. Kris smirked with his all knowing self.

 

Hyemi was more understanding about her situation. Sera gave her the funnies whenever she was around, so she knew the effect that Tiffany had on her supposedly cold hearted club president.

 

They had been sitting around the dining room table of Hyemi's house, when Kris had suddenly turned their attention unto a giggling Jessica. They openly stared at their oblivious president, with Luhan being the most surprised.

 

Jessica found Tiffany to be an amusing person. The other girl was clumsy, bubbly, loud, and over eccentric at times. Her jokes were cheesy and corny, but they made Jessica laugh so they were okay in her book.

 

“How’s Tiffany doing?” Kris asked, smirking at her embarrassed posture.

 

Jessica swallowed down the nervousness in , “She’s doing alright.”

 

“When are you going to bring her to the club?” Luhan chirped, with the other members looking at her expectantly.

 

“Uhh…I don’t know. I mean, she’s not a gamer,” Jessica mumbled.

 

Kris grinned slightly, “You know, you’ve been wearing pink a lot more often now.”

 

Tia and Hayana both nodded furiously at his statement, “Usually it’s blue that takes over your outfit.”

 

Jessica’s borrowed eyebrows prompted for further explanation to which Tia allowed for Hayana to do. Hayana beckoned the girl to stand up, before walking around the girl a couple of times.

 

“Like for example you’re wearing blue oxfords, which I expected, but other than that you’re outfit is mostly pink. You’re wearing floral shorts, with the flowers all being pink, and then you’re wearing a pink cardigan with a light pink dotted blouse.”

 

Tia clapped at Hayana’s thorough fashion analysis, with the rest of the club only shaking their heads in amusement.

 

“To put it simply you just wear a lot more pink,” Luhan and Hyemi quipped together.

 

And with that Jessica’s face grew hot far too fast for her liking.


 

-------------


 

It seemed as though the world had been out to get her today. She woke up late which then led to her arriving more than thirty minutes late to her first class. She then forgot her lunch which led to her having to up and eat Kris’s cucumber infested salad. And ultimately, she had to change our of her uniform due to some boy bumping into her during art class with his palette.

 

Hyemi’s clothes didn’t fit her (surprisingly) leading to her having to borrow Luhan’s blazer for the day, which was far too baggy but it was better Kris’s clothing.

 

Plus she was upset with Kris due him failing to tell her of Tiffany’s secret surprise for her. Kris had promised the pink wearing girl to not tell Jessica a singly detail, but after seeing how her day was going he just admitted to her their plan.

 

Tiffany was going to be arriving any time now, and Jessica could not feel any worse. Plus, she was visiting the club room, her safe haven so it was almost uncomfortable for Jessica. Thankfully the rest of the club members promised to be on their best behavior.

 

When she had heard a knock on the door, she felt a sense of dread overwhelm her. Opening the door hesitantly, she braced herself.

 

Standing before her had been Tiffany panting, “Sorry, I had to run here. I didn’t want to be late for this.”

 

Jessica instinctively slammed the door shut, not expecting for the other girl to trigger such a reaction from her.

 

“Jessica? Jessica, did I do something wrong? Jessica?”

 

Even her voice makes her knees weak, “No nothing, I just needed to make sure this was happening.”

 

Opening the door once more, Jessica smiled weakly at Tiffany’s figure. The other girl’s uniform was perfectly ironed and in no way pink. It was blue. The only pink that was to be found on her were the video game earrings that hung loosely from her ears.

 

“Why did you need to make sure?” Tiffany shyly asked as she stepped through the doorway.

 

Jessica swore that the small distance between them allowed for Tiffany to hear the erratic beating of her heart. And she liked to think that if she strained her ears enough, she could hear the same coming from Tiffany’s direction.

 

“I think,” Jessica breathed in the aroma of lilies, “I might like pink a little more than I had thought.”

 

An eye-smile met her own plain eyes, “Really?”

 

“Tiffany, this past month I have spent more money on clothes than on video games, and that hasn’t happened since six years ago. And the reason for it is because I want more things to remind me of you, so that when I look through my wardrobe I remind myself of you.”

 

Jessica waited hesitantly for some sort of reaction, and when she was just met with silence, “Tiffany you are the last heart piece that I need.”

 

A light blush covered Tiffany’s milky-white skin, which then later turned crimson when she heard the soft chuckles of a group of people from the game area in the room.

 

“Or in other words, to go with the cliche, would you be her player two, because Jessica’s too stubborn to ask you out herself,” Kris cheekily stated, high-fiving Hayana who agreed with him openly.

 

Jessica blushed wildly managing to match Tiffany, “What he said.”

 

Tiffany only gave her a peck on the lips, leaving a dazed Jessica in her wake as she hurried to introduce herself.

 

-----------------------------

 

Jessica Jung isn’t sure when her wardrobe split between shades of blues and pinks, and she doesn’t really mind it,





 

 

 

A/N - Hello everyone again,  I’d like to thank the subscribers. I hope you guys enjoyed this Jeti oneshot, and onwards to Tia and Juliane! Also thank you again for reading!