Goodbye

Goodbye

She was cutting onions and crying. The tears just rolling down the globes of her cheeks. Some would fall down on the cut onions but others just slid down her chin and neck and some more before drying and forming paths of salt on her skin. 

Changmin watched her from the sofa he was sitting. He had offered his help, but she had pushed him away with red eyes. 

"No.", she had said. That was all she had said. 

Changmin bit his lower lip. He was burning to join her and help her. He stared at her from behind his long fringe. 

She was cutting tomatoes now. Her tears flowing.

thud..thud..thud. 

The knife made whenever it cut through the tomato and hit the bamboo wood. Changmin felt very warm. An uncontrollable smile formed around her lips and his eyes. He could watch her like this forever. 

thud..thud..thud. 

Changmin wanted to get up and kiss her and make her finally his. Again.

She had said “no” , but his legs moved down from the sofa, touched the fluffy carpet and moved towards the cold tiles in the kitchen area.

She looked up and said “No.”, tears in her eyes. Changmin`s legs just moved more and more and stopped in front of her. He had lost control. 

thud..thud..thud. 

She cut some more. She stopped when Changmin put his hand over the sharp blade. Slowly he pulled the knife from her hand and put it aside. 

He touched her right cheek with his left hand. A fresh tear was rolling down. He moved closer and kissed that tear away. He liked the taste of her salty tears. His heart stirred in sadness and something like joy when he tasted her sadness. A sadness which meant love. He followed the path of the other tears and planted more kisses over her face and cheek. She was not protesting, but her eyes were closed. 

Changmin stopped. He his salty lips. 

"Do you love me that much?, he whispered to her.

"No.", she said clinging to his shirt.

"I only hate saying goodbye to you. I hate that when I sleep on the sofa that no one will poke my side to wake me up. I hate that when I get wet by rain, that you won`t get wet as well. I hate that I will cook something great and you wont eat it. I hate that you wont annoy me in bed with your hugs. I hate that I have to go. I hate to say goodbye to you. I hate that I fell for you so easily knowing that I won`t be staying long here.",she told him right onto his face.

She smeared the last tears from her face with her hand and her mascara bled over. 

"Let`s eat now." She told Changmin, smiling at him with her mascara smeared eyes. 

She has never looked as beautiful as this at this very moment to Changmin. Tears started building in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks