A Place To Call Home

The Adventures Of Kris And Lay

Chapter 2: A Place To Call Home


Lay P.O.V:


“U-uh…”  Lay starts to panic and cringes a bit. He hopes that the man will let him stay here, but his feelings are telling him otherwise.

The man doesn’t look like he enjoys his company, but he has a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

Lay’s breath is unsteady and his hands are shaking. His whole body trembles because of the cold. He is trying to reduce it by wrapping his arms around his body and sort of hugs himself.

 

He starts observing the man in front of him. Dark brown, almost black eyes look right into the light brown eyes of Lay.

His thick hair is painted blond, probably a while ago because you can see some black hair on the top of his head.

A golden glow falls over his hair due the lightning in the hall. No doubt, he is handsome. His face looks flawless. He seems so perfect…

 

Lay kicks against a plank that is sticking out. He would love to be as handsome as this stranger.

Perhaps he would get more attention, then people would think he’s nice… and maybe they would give him shelter.

“Hey, are you alright?” Lay looks up, a bit dazed.

He sees that the man that is standing quite close in front of him and Lay backs away.

“Ye-yeah I’m fine.” The man grins, but his face changes in a view seconds. He now seems to be thinking. He looks at Lay.

“Let’s…” he starts while walking towards Lay. Lay is panicking, definitely panicking right now. He isn’t feeling save at all, his vision is becoming blurry and he is about to run away.

Lay pulls the zipper of his vest up before the man can even finish his sentence.

“N-no, I get it.” He says while waving his hand in front of the man. 

He doesn’t want to hear the story they tell them all day again, he'd rather leave on his own.

“But…” the man tries to say something but Lay is already walking towards the door.

“What is wrong?” The voice of the man sounds somewhat impatient and even a bit angry. Lay looks at him with sad eyes.

“I get it, you know. You just don’t want me here!” Lay sees that his sight is getting blurry and tears start to roll over his cheeks. He quickly walks past the man and pushes the door open. He takes a step out of the café and turns around.

“You're j-just… ” His voice sounds dark and hoarse.

“Just like everybody else.” Lay wants to walk away and just dissapear, but just before he is outside he feels something around his wrist that pulls him back. Lay stumbles and falls. He cringes a bit and is ready to hit the hard floor, but instead of the cold, hard ground he feels two warm hands on his back.

When he opens his eyes slowly he notices the face of the blond stranger is only a few inches away.

“Are you okay?” The man looks at him with worry, but he still smiles at Lay.

Lay blinks his eyes a few times, astonished he looks at the man. He can feel his cheeks getting warm and he quickly tries to get out of the man his arms, so he can get up.

“Y-yes I’m fine.” Never has anyone asked Lay before how he felt.

There weren’t many people who cared about him, especially not strangers.

Lay is trying hard not to look at the tall man in front of him and the ground is just the right spot to stare at.

“You can come by at this place anytime you want.” He says to Lay.

The boy nods, but he is still looking at the ground.  He feels something by his hand and follows the movement it makes, and with that he gets pulled towards the room where they were before.

“By the way…” The man looks over his shoulder.

 

“My name is Kris.”


 


Kris P.O.V:


“U-uh…” the boy in front of him stutters a bit and Kris needs to push away the urge to smile. He’s so cute! 

He looks at the guy with curiousity written in his eyes, unaware of the cold stare he actually gives people instead.

When the guy starts to tremble he feels a wave of pity hitting him, he didn’t say anything wrong right?

Kris his eyes are opening wider and he doesn’t move his gaze of the boy. Kris keeps looking at him in a calm way while the boy wrappes his arms around his body.

For a moment Kris wants to hug him and it takes a lot of his self-control to not do it right away.

He couldn’t help it, the guy was just too cute.

When the guy in front of him is looking at the ground Kris takes a closer look at him.

His fragile figure makes him look vulnerable with his shaking body and his arms wrapped around him. 

His arms are thin, He needs to eat more… 

Kris thoughts are slowly wandering away until he snaps out of it, because of the boy who just kicked a plank that’s sticking out.

Kris lifts his head in surprise, and notices the sad face of the unknown boy in front of him.

“Hey, are you alright?”

“Ye-yeah, I’m fine.”

The boy in front of him talks calm but has something that sounds like fright and disappointment in his voice.

Hoping to calm the boy he steps towards him, but instead of a friendly smile the boy has written fright all over his face and Kris backs away a bit.

A wave of guilt hits Kris because of his impulsive action, but he isn’t planning on giving up and takes another step forward.

“Let’s…” Kris looks at the frightened face of the boy in front of him with surprise. He knew the boy was looking afraid before and assumed it was because of the cold, but right now there is a blurry sheen in his eyes and he looks like he wants to run away. What is it that I do wrong!? 

The boy pulls the zipper of his vest up and when Kris wants to let out a sigh he starts talking.

“No, I get it.”

Kris looks at the boy in confusion when he starts walking towards the door.

“What is wrong?” Kris’ voice sounds irritated, although it wasn’t his intention. He doesn’t know why the stranger came to the restaurant and why he is acting so weird every time he makes a move.

“I get it, you don’t want me here! J-just, just like anybody else.” Kris doesn’t even know how to react anymore and he just stares at the back of the boy who is walking towards the door. 

He watches in shock while the boy reaches the door and opens it. At the same moment his brain starts working again and he walks towards the boy, right before he can step out of the door is Kris’ hand grapping his wrist. In one smooth move he pulls him back.

The sudden movement of Kris makes the boy unstable, Kris jumps to the front immediately to catch the boy. The clothing of the boy are cold under Kris his hands and the fabric is still wet because of the rain outside. Since the boy is in his hands he can feel his backbone.

Kris’ legs are losing their  strength, one leg of his is placed on the ground and the other is half standing.

The eyes of the stranger are still closed. Kris his face comes closer to his to check if there is something wrong. When his face is really close to the face of the boy, his eyes shoot open.

“Are you okay?” a loving smile enters Kris face while he is asking it out of worry.

“Y-yes I’m fine.” The boy stands up out of Kris his grip. Kris’ hands are still cold, but it feels as if they are glowing.

You can come by at this place anytime you want.” A smile is entering his face again, but the boy isn’t able to see it. His eyes are plastered at the ground. Looking at the wooden floor that Kris should’ve cleaned...

He feels his head turning red because of the shame, luckily the stranger was staring at the floor.

In one quick movement he takes the boys hand and drags him inside towards the restaurant.

“By the way, my name is Kris.” Kris looks over his shoulder and feels his hand getting warm again.

 


We actually finished chapter 2!!!! after 5 months   -dreamdream

ps.  I changed the look of the story so it reads better..?