Love At First Sight

The Adventures Of Kris And Lay

Chapter 1: Love at first sight.


Lay P.O.V:


“Stay away!” Lay frowns at the woman who shoves him out of the shop. Why is she sending him away?

 

He stumbles on the step and he nearly falls down on the streets. The strong wind let's his hair flow around. Lay hugs himself because of the cold that penetrates through the thin fabric he weares.

 

He turns around and he opens his mouth to speak, but the shopkeeper closes the door in front of him. She shakes her finger and gives the boy an irritated look.

 

Lay looks at the shop with gloomy eyes.

 

“Yet, again.” He mumbles softly.

 

Lay feels raindrops falling on his skin and he shivers. He pulls his thin sweater up.

 

Unfortunately he has nothing else to stay warm. He left his coat in one of the shops he visited before and he doesn't think he'll ever get it back. His hair is starting to get fuzzy and wet because of the rain and wind. He gently wipes the wet strands of hair, that sticks against his forehead, out of his face. His cold fingers come into contact with his warm forehead. 

 

Even though he's feeling cold, he's sweating. He probably catched a cold again. It wouldn't really surprise him, he has been wandering around the whole day in this city and the weather stayed unchanged.

 

Lay presses his fingertips against his temples. His fingers, in the meantime, got a redish color. He blows some air on his fingers to heat them up. He squeezes his eyes and he stands still for a moment. He hopes the pressure on his head will dissapear if he does so, but that doesn't happen.

 

He opens his eyes and shifts the backpack that rests on his back. All day he has been trying to find shelter, without any luck. 

 

Lay feels his stomach rumble, he's dying of hunger.

 

Maybe there is someone who wants to give him a place to say?

 

There should be atleast one person, right?

 

But the boy knows, no one wants to help him.

 

He went to see quite a lot of shops, but most were closed. The shops that were opened, they sent him away. He tried to explain, that he was a traveler and it was a while ago that he had eaten and that he was in need of a place to sleep. Sad thing for Lay was his lacking in English. Which causes a lot of people to get confused when talking to him and got some even to distrust him, but most people just ignored him.

 

It's starting to pour and the drops feel like small sharp stones on Lay's cooled down skin.

 

Lay steps out briskly, but the strength in his body has weakend. He is exhausted and can't keep up that pace. He slows down and breaths heavily.

 

He walks past a dark narrow alley and he sees from the periphery of his vision a sign. Lay immediatly turns around and he walks into the creepy alley. It's almost pitch black and it doesn't feel safe at all, but Lay doesn't know what else he could do so he takes the risk.

 

He walks towards the small sign, made out of wooden planks. In graceful letters is written; 'OPENED' Lay's sad look dissapeares and a small smile forms on his face.

 

Maybe I can get some food here? Lay stands in front of the door, it's a small door, people taller than 180 centimeters would definitly bump their head. The door has been painted purple and it's done quite imprecisely. Some parts are still brown, not coated by the paint.

 

Lay puts his hand on the doorknob. He opens the door and lets his hand slide of the metal knob. The door creaks and after a view seconds it bumps against the heater.

 

A stream of warm air flows against Lay's body. He takes a glance into the building and he decides to wait a bit before he walks into the small cosy cafe. He waits for about a minute, scared that he gets sended away by a furious shop manager. He doesn't want people to chase him with brooms again. Lay shudders while he remembers the event.

 

Inside of the cafe it's quiet, it seems like there's no one. Lay carefully walks over the wooden floor. The old floor creaks every step he takes. It seems to take an eternity before he arrives at the end of the long hallway. He presses the doorknob down and enters the room.

 

He sees a bar and tables, but even over here there seems to be no one. There's no server who cleans the table, or someone at the bar who serves drinks.

 

“H-Hello..” Lay's voice is barely hearable and his English sounds horrible in his opinion. Lay looks down at his feet and to be honest, he is a bit scared . He bites his lip and he holds his breath, but it doesn't seem like he will get a response.

 

He sighs deeply and he decides to walk towards a table, but he stops. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. There's no one around, what if someone saw him here and gets angry. Lay turns around and is ready to leave, but a low voice stops him in his tracks.

 

“Who are you and what do you want?”

 


Kris P.O.V:


Kris wipes the cold waterdrops off his face with his cold hands. Irritated and soaked, he opens the purple door of the familier small cafe and he walks inside.

 

“Why am I even working here?” he mutters. Which isn't weird at all when you think about the fact he has to ride a bysicle for 30 minutes through this weather that has been ongoing the whole day.

 

As usual, his boss is sleeping in a chair in the room at the end of the hallway. A empty bottle of vodka in his hands, almost falling out of his handhold.

 

Kris sighs softly, the heavy smell of alcohol lingers in the air. Eventually Kris grabs the bottle out of the old man his hand.

 

 

With a quick movement turns Kris the sign in front of the shop around. 'OPENED' is written in gracefull letters.

 

Gradually he walks down the narrow staircase which leads to the sign . He opens the door from the room of his drunken boss. Even though the shop was opened, not many visitors would come. Especially not before 12 o'clock. So that's why Kris decides to take a nap.

 

 

“What..?”

 

Kris is still tired and he opens his eyes. Did he really hear the door just now? He realises that there's indeed someone, when he hears creaking sounds of a person walking.

 

The place in the hallway where the wooden planks creak when someone visits the cafe. The sound of a pushed doorknob sounds through the building. Yawning he walks towards the restaurant in the room right next to his.

 

A boy is standing in front of him, his brown hair is wet because of the rain. His clothes are looking a bit dull. The boy is about to turn around and Kris only sees his side profile, but he decides that the boy is handsome.

 

“Who are and what do you want?” Kris' voice sounds a bit harsh which wasn't his intention, but he is curious who the boy is....

 


wow you guys!! sooo many subscribers with just the forword O.o... Thanks~ I wrote Lay's P.O.V and Myrnaa wrote Kris' P.O.V ^^ - dreamdream

we hope you enjoy! :)