II

Say No To Love {HIATUS}
Please log in to read the full chapter

II

“Who is this girl anyway?” Chanyeol barked loudly. “Ugh, and why is she warping everyone’s mind?”

“Why does it matter? Geez, calm down,” Minseok muttered. “Not every girl is listening to her column anyway – just go find those girls.”

“They’re not the ones I want!” Chanyeol complained as if he was talking about icecream flavors.

 

“Hey, Hyung~,” he sang as an idea popped into his mind. His eyes sparkled and a mischievous grin appeared on his face.

Minseok already didn’t like where this was going. “What do you want now…”

“Your sister works on the magazine team too, right?” Chanyeol asked with a grin. “If you could just ask her…”

The senior gave him a stern look. “Really? You’re that desperate?”

Chanyeol sheepishly bit his tongue and shrugged. “Come on, it doesn’t hurt. Hyuuuuuung,” he whined.

Minseok sighed in defeat. “I’ll see what I can do – but you owe me one!”

 

###

 

“Everyone’s talking about your column, you know,” Heejae whispered with a grin. A week had passed, and sure enough, she was back to her happy state.
“Shh, it’s anonymous – remember?” Sojin hushed.

“So have you written the newest addition yet?” 
She shook her head. It was due tomorrow and once again, she had procrastinated until the last minute. “I’ll write it tonight,” she murmured, writing a reminder in her agenda.

 

 

"So Yixing asked me out on a date..." Heejae slyly introduced a new topic.

 “No, don’t do it,” She snapped. “Don’t you dare say yes.”

Heejae pouted. “B-But Sojin… He’s a really nice guy…”

“You think that now, but then you’re going to sleep with him and then he’s going to leave.” Her words were harsh, but she couldn’t be soft with Heejae.

“He isn’t like that,” her best friend insisted. “He’s thoughtful and sincere… He confessed to me with flowers today!”

 

Sojin held in the urge to roll her eyes. If Heejae had been born ugly, things would have been much easier… But it wasn’t a secret that she was one of the easier girls in Hansegae to get with. No one really looked down on her for it because she was a nice girl, but desperate guys took advantage of her pretty often.
“Say no,” she repeated, trying to type up her latest material for the next magazine edition. “I started this column for you – so do me a favor and at least listen to what I’m writing.”
 

Heejae picked up HM and flipped to Sojin’s article. “… Don’t be eager for guys – be eager to make them work for your attention,” she read. “… You’ll regret getting attached too quickly. Don’t fall for their sneaky charm –”

“You can stop reading aloud… I know what it says – I wrote it, remember?” Sojin muttered.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll say no,” Heejae finally gave in after re-reading the short column.
She embraced Sojin warmly. “What would I do without you?”

Sojin smiled. “Your life practically feeds me ideas to write about, so we’re even,” she said, finishing up her paragraph.

Hyerin, HM's editor-in-chief, had said the column would be continued due to popular demand, so every week she would have to milk out some more paragraphs about feminism and other things girls liked to hear. She had to exaggerate a little considering they were expecting longer and longer pieces.
And worst of all, she wasn’t exactly proud of this “Say No To Love” column… She had even tried to pass the authorship to some other student, but Hyerin had made it clear that no one else was to write SNTL.
 

Heejae beamed. “I’m the inspiration for the most popular column in HM – I’m honored,” she joked.

“Oh sh

Please log in to read the full chapter