Tiger and Rabbit

The Demon Hunter and The Demon

The sun was in my face, waking me up. I cleaned myself up and went downstairs, where Toro was waiting. I gave him food and water, which, he scarfed down, "H-Hey! Don't eat too fast, you'll choke." He ate it all and then went upstairs. "I hope he didn't hurt himself," I said, picking up his bowls. Tuesday mornings are the worst for me, I always end up forgetting everything. I already had my things ready to go, so, I had some time left. I decided to make myself lunch for school. I made a bento box, pretty good, if I do say so myself. I felt someone tapped me and I jumped, scared. I was gripping Mike's robe, then looked up and saw Mike, "M-Mike?" I found myself shaking. He chuckled and gently my hair. I calmed down and we both stayed like that for a while. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that," He smiled. "I-It's okay," I let him go and grabbed my things, "See you later." I closed the door and walked down the sidewalk. I bumped into a guy, "I-I'm sorry, are you alright?" I saw that it was the demon I met yesterday night. He sighed, "Why do I always meet all these damn humans?" "I-I wasn't born a demon, so, I think I can't do anything about that," I laughed nervously. He stood up and put me on his back. I blushed, "W-What're you doing?!" "Shut it, I'm helping you," he said, looking ahead. "A-Aren't I heavy?" "Actually," he says, "no, you don't weight anything." I rested my head on his back, he was pretty tall for a demon. "Hey," he poked my face, "don't fall asleep." "I'm sorry, you're just really warm, it's very comforting," I sighed. "S-Shut up," he said quickly turning away. I took this to my amusement, his red face, all tough-like, trying to hide it. He put me down when we were outside of my class. 

"Thanks," I said, looking down. "Don't get in the way of a train again," he scolded. "That was just a mistake." "Sure it was," he kissed my forehead as my face flushed red. "See you later," he began to walk away, but stopped and smirked at me, "princess." I couldn't process what just happened, I thought I was dreaming. For a moment, I thought about him. I'm not even supposed to be associated with a demon. "Whatever, just stop thinking about that guy," I walked into class. "Shiro!" Moe called. I walked over to him, "Hey." "Don't forget to swing by after school." "Ah, I won't." I sat down at my seat as class started. Man, I couldn't concentrate at all. Throughout the whole school day, I couldn't concentrate. I walked to my locker and out my things away. I tried to grab my math book at the top of the locker, but, couldn't get it. I felt a hand on my head and saw a hand grab my math book, "This what you needed?" I turned and saw him again, "Thanks." "Princess, I know the demon hunting corporation wants you as a recruit, but, be careful, they can take something very powerful away from you." "Very powerful? What're you talking about? There's nothing powerful about me," I said, pretty sure that I don't have powers. "You just haven't found it yet," he smiled and put me on his back. "H-Hey! I need to get the rest of my things." I got my stuff out the locker and closed it. "Ready?" "Why do you keep doing this?" I asked. "I can't help you out?" "That's not what I meant. I-?!" he took off running. "H-Hey! Please slow down!" I gripped his shirt and closed my eyes. He slowed down, "Sorry, princess." I pouted, "Don't call me that." "Then what do you suggest, your highness?" "I don't know, just, not that." "Okay, princess."

I suppressed a groan. "What's wrong princess?" he set me down when we got to a bus stop. I sighed, "I couldn't concentrate at all because of you." "Did I do something wrong?" He bent down to see my face. "N-Never mind. Forget I even said anything." "Okay." "Oh yeah, I never got your name," I looked up at him. "Hm? Oh, Kurosaki's my name," he looked down at me. "Can I call you Kuro?" He blushed, "O-Okay, Shiro." I was jumping up and down with happiness in my head, he finally said my name. I looked over at a guy who was reading a book. "Shiro," he pulled me close to him and lifted my head up meeting his eye, "I don't want you to hunt me down like the others do." "K-Kuro, what're you doing? And of course I won't hunt you." I tried to push him off. People were staring at us and smiling. "K-Kuro," my face turned red. "Yes, Shiro?" Kuro asked, smiling. "C-Could you let me go?" "Why?" "It's embarrassing," I pouted. "Aw, how can I say no to a face like that?" he smiled, letting me go. He took my hand instead. I blushed and hung my head in embarrassment. Kuro chuckled, "You're so cute when you're embarrassed." I leaned against him, "I'm not cute." "Even the way you deny your cuteness is cute." "Whatever, Kuro," I rolled my eyes and squeezed his hand. He looked down at me and smiled, "You seemed so nice, but, now I see how you act around people you care about." "I act differently?" "Yeah, with people you know/care about you tend to express yourself more, and with people you've never met you don't express yourself as much." "Oh, yeah. I do do that," I said, thinking about for a bit. 

"Hey, look!" I pointed to some tulips. "Tulips?" Kuro asked. I ran over to them, "They're pretty." A butterfly landed on my nose. "Hi, Mr. butterfly, how are you?" Kuro knelt down beside me, "Silly. Butterflies can't talk." "What would they say if they could talk?" I asked, lightly touching the butterfly's wings. "I guess it would say it likes you." "Really? That's nice, well, I like you too Mr. butterfly," I giggled. 

Kurosaki's P.O.V.:

Shiro looked so cute, I could just hug him. I didn't know he liked nature. His sweet, soft little voice was adorable. "Hey, Shiro, do you want to get some ice cream?" I asked. "Can we? I don't want you to think that I'm mooching off you or anything," he said, giving me a half-I'm-not-so-sure-if-I-should-do-that-smile. "Don't worry, I'll pay for us both," I laughed. We walked to an ice cream parlor and got some ice cream. I had chocolate and vanilla swirl while Shiro had plain vanilla. He got some on his nose. "You're such a little kid, Shiro," I lifted his head and the ice cream off his nose. He blushed and looked away. I chuckled and my ice cream. After we finished our ice cream we went to the park and sat down in the grass. "Kuro?" Shiro asked, lying down in the grass. "Yeah?" I asked, closing my eyes. "Thanks for saving me yesterday," he said. "No problem."

I heard light snoring and looked over, Shiro was asleep. I stood up and picked him up, "So cute." "Kuro..." Shiro whispered. I don't think I've ever had a human friend. Nope, I haven't. But, it's forbidden for humans to even talk to demons. "Shiro, I'm sorry. We won't be seeing each other anymore," I sighed. "Kuro," Shiro said more clearly. I looked down and saw that he was awake, "Welcome back sleepyhead." "Did you say something?" "No, nothing important," I said quickly. "Okay," he smiled up at me. Oh my god! Why is he so cute?! "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I wanted to give you something in return." "And what would that be?" "A tiger," he said, blushing. Aw, adorable. "A tiger?" I asked. He smiled radiantly, "Tigers are really tough, just like you. So I'll make you a tiger." "So~, Shiro, who's the little guy?" I asked, pointing at the dog standing right in front of us. He chuckled softly, "Hey, Toro." He hopped out of my arms and hugged the pet. Toro barked and his cheek. "T-Toro! That tickles!" he giggled. He looked so cute. I wonder what animal he would be? If anything he'd be a bunny? 

Well, this is new.