When they met

The Demon Hunter and The Demon

Today's Monday and it's hotter than a desert out there. I just sat in my room in front of my air conditioner, "Ha~ It's too hot to go outside, I really wanted to though." Toro sat down beside me and plopped down. "I know, bud, it's hot isn't it?" I ran my hand down his furry back. He yawned and sat down on my bed then slept. "You're so carefree." "Shiro you have to go to school," Amanda opened the door. I already had my uniform on, "Alright, see you later Toro." I put my shoes on and grabbed my bag then out the door I went. I ran down the streets and got to school in two minutes flat, "I'm not late this time." I walked down the hall and walked into the music class, which was over in an hour so we had a few hours left. I sat back in my chair and listened to the wind pass by. "Hey, what's your name?" A kid asked. I pointed to myself giving him a 'are you talking to me?' look. He sighed, "Who else would I be talking to?" "I-I'm s-sorry! I-I just wanted to clarify if it was me you wanted to talk to," I said softly. "Mind speaking up? I can barely hear you," he was looking across the room at a girl. "U-Um, I-I'm sorry," I tried to speak louder, "L-Like t-this?" "Don't try so hard, you might put something...but, yes, that is a lot better." I put on my headphones and listened to One of Repetition by Hatsune Miku​. I never was seen without my headphones and many people were annoyed with me because of that. 

I felt someone shake me. I took my headphones off, "Hm?" It was Jewel, "The bell just rang, I didn't want you to be late." "O-Oh, thank you," I smiled. "Moe, he's up!" she called to the guy I talked to earlier. "Huh? Then come on, shorty, we go to go," he smirked. I stood up and walked with them to my next class, History. We sat down in our seats. "He seems a bit weird, don't you think?" Moe asked Jewel. "Well, yeah, I guess," Jewel shrugged. I looked out the window and thought about my sisters. They're nice to me and never really bothered me at all, though they always bother my older brothers. Kim seems to talk with me everyday, she said that she enjoys talking to me and playing with me, I'm happy I can talk with her as well. She's small. My parents don't listen or talk to me, I sure they don't even know my name. 

I would like it if they would talk talk to me or if I could talk to them, if I wasn't so invisible

The teacher walked in and began the lesson. "Shiro, please answer this question: What was the name of the prince that stole Helen from Menelaus?" "Paris, a prince of Troy," I answered. "Good, now on to the next question," he picked a few other students before saying, "We'll be in partners today for the three week project, I expect hard work from all of you. Now, go and pick your partners." As always, I was alone. I began to do the written work for the project. The bell rang and I walked out the room. Good thing we had a half day today. I walked to my locker, grabbed my things, and walked out of school. I walked down the street and heard someone call my name. I turned and saw my brothers. They ran over to me. "Hey!" Tyler smiled. I waved at them and saw Moe and Jewel running to me. "Shiro! We found you," Moe slung an arm around me. "H-Hey, Moe," I smiled. Jewel walked up and said, "We wanted to talk to you, but, you left." "Who're these guys, Shiro?" Nick nudged me. "They're my classmates." "And these are my brothers," I said to Moe and Jewel. Jacob gave a rose to Jewel, "You have beautiful eyes." "Thank you." Mike hit him on the head, "You're an idiot." Jacob backed up, "Fine. Fine." I looked at them, like really looked at them, I am very different from them. How am I like them? "Shiro, meet us at this place...it's called D.H.A. you can't miss it," Moe handed me a piece of paper. "I know where the building is, but, thank you." "Okay, see you there tomorrow," they left. Me and my brothers walked home. They were laughing and talking the whole way, that kind of depressed me. On the way home Mike tapped me. I looked at him and he put a flower crown on my head. "I made it for you, I hope you like it," he smiled. I looked away from him and at the ground. He smiled, "You're always so shy." 

He doesn't know how much this warms my heart, I'm so happy. 

"Eh? Why do you look so happy?" Nick asked. I blushed and my ears were red. "Your ears are red," Mike picked me up bridal style. "M-Mike, you don't have to do that," I said, worried if I was too heavy for him to carry. "It's okay." "A-Aren't I heavy?" "No, you don't weigh anything actually, you're really light," he said, poking my face. "O-Okay," I said, resting my head on his chest. I ended up falling asleep. "Shiro," a voice said softly, "Shiro, wake up." My eyes fluttered open, "Huh?" My brothers were all staring at me, smiling. "You're so cute when you're sleeping, see?~" Jack handed me his phone and I saw a picture of myself sleeping. I looked more peaceful than I felt now. "Please delete it," I sighed. "Nope, it's too precious to throw away," Jack took the phone back. "Fine, do what you want." Mike put me down and I went upstairs, did my homework, then made a paper crane. I walked down stairs and Kim ran over to me, "Shiro, can you sing me a song?" "Okay," I smiled, "what song? Oh, never mind I know the perfect song, ready?" She nodded. I sat down on the couch and put her on my lap, "♪ You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away. ♪" She smiled, "Thank you!" "No problem, anything for you," I smiled as she walked away. "You're voice is so soothing and calming to the nerves," Jack sighed.

My mother and father came home early and sat down with Kim. "Daddy! Daddy!" Kim laughed as dad picked her up. I smiled and turned to go up to my room. I bumped into Mike, making him drop his things, "Sorry Mike, are you alright?" I helped him pick up his things. He nodded. I looked up at him and saw he was bleeding, "Mike, bend down for a second." He did and I looked at the cut on his forehead. I pulled out a Band-Aid and put it on the cut, "There you go." He smiled and kissed my cheek. I smiled back and walked to my room. Toro was asleep on my bed, sprawled out like he owned it. I sighed deeply, oh well..at least he's alright. I almost forgot we were having a cultural festival here, this year's theme is Japanese. "Cool, I wonder what we'll wear," I said to my empty room. Mike walked in and patted me on the head then handed me a bag. "What's this?" "Clothes, for the cultural festival, come downstairs when you're done," he left the room. I put on the clothes and Toro woke up, staring at me. He barked when he saw the outfit. It was a boy's kimono. I walked downstairs and saw my brothers sitting there. They gasped as they saw me. "He's so adorable!" Amanda squealed. Mike was blushing along with the rest of them. "You're going to attract a lot of attention," Jacob smiled, "twirl around." I twirled around. "It looks good, that was a good choice Mike," Nick said. I looked at him and smiled. He ruffled my hair. "Isn't the festival next week?" Mimi asked. "Well, yeah. But, Mike said he found the perfect one for him, so, eh, why not? And turns out, blue is a great color on him," Jacob explained. Mike smiled happily and I went upstairs to change. After I changed I went outside for a bit. "Don't stay out too long," Jack said before closing the door. I looked up at the starry sky and saw a whole different world at night. 

I walked around for a bit and found the D.H.A. building. "Oh, so this is where it is," I looked up at a window and saw someone looking down at me. It was a girl, not sure who, but, it was a girl. I my heel and kept walking. So many people were out here, lively, happy, and carefree. "It's so lively at night," I thought to myself. I walked around, looking at people and seeing how happy everyone was. I was on the train tracks, never seeing the train. The train was close and my body just froze. Just as it was about to hit me, I felt someone pull me over and the train passed. "What's wrong with you?!" a voice yelled. I looked up and saw a guy, "I-I wasn't looking at my surroundings, I-I'm sorry." "You could've been killed?! Never mind that," he sighed, "are you hurt anywhere?" I looked at myself, "No, I don't think so." "Wait. why do I care anyway, bye," he left. "Wait! What's your name?" I called after him. "We'll meet again! See you then, Shiro!" with that, he was gone. "What...just...happened?" I asked aloud. I went back home and to bed. I wonder what his name was. 

Goodnight, see you later....demon. I laughed and then fell asleep.