Chapter 3: The Entrance Exam

My Knight in Shining Armor

The present...

 

It's now 4AM. I woke up early to review, fix my things and myself for the entrance exam. I get out of my bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I changed quickly after I am fiinished taking a bath and reviewed. I let the desk fan dry up my hair since there's still time to spare. After reviewing I went down to eat my breakfast. Egg and ham sandwich is for today's breakfast. I took one bite when suddenly my phone rang. I recieved a text message from, Sehun. What a good vibe to start the day. He texted me "Good morning Sohee! Are you ready for the exam? :)" Okay so there's a smiley which made me smile. I replied "I don't know but I did all my best to eat all those terms and equations. I guess my brain is full but my nervousness makes my brain hungry. TT TT" In about 5 seconds after I texted him, I recieved a reply, "Hahaha! Just don't let that nervousness of yours eat you too. Anyways we're here. :)"

Sohee: "Thanks to all of you. In a half an hour I'll be at the school. Where will we meet?"

Sehun: "At the front gate, so that we'll walk together inside. :)"

Sohee: "That's nice! Okay! :)"

 

I quickly ate my breakfast and went to my room. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and wore my simple but pretty dress. I want to look beautiful in his eyes. I decided to take a walk from home to Hanyoung High School. Before I arrived at the front gate of the school, the three of them were already standing there. "Yah! All of you were so early!"

"We are not early, you're just late princess." Kyungsoo teased and gave me a smirk. "Where's is Sohee? Didn't she told you that she'll be here half an hour?" Soojung asked Sehun who's busy holding his phone. "Wait, I'll just call her." Suddenly my phone rang and they all got shocked. Soojung and Sehun starred at me for how many seconds until I shouted, "What's wrong with the two of you?! Sohee's here! I am Sohee." I discarded the call and handed to them my phone. "See? You called me. You're so mean."

They looked at each other and then laughed. "Just kiddin' princess. Well look at you, so beautiful at this fine morning. We're expecting a fat Sohee but look who's here infront of us. We just can't believe that you're the Sohee now." Kyungsoo teased.

"Yeah. I bet the boys here will be jealous if I do this." Sehun placed his right arm around my shoulder. I can't hide it but I'm blushing! I quickly looked away and started to walk. "Stop it Sehun." His arm was still on my shoulder and started walking with me too and smiled. Now I must control my feelings or else. Kyungsoo placed his arm around Soojung's shoulder too and they started walking with us but I can sense something about Soojung again. She smiled when Kyungsoo placed his arm around her shoulder and that smile was something. She always do that whenever Kyungsoo talks to her or whenever Kyungsoo does something cute, well he is always cute and so Soojung will smile often. I also do that kind of smile when Sehun is around, Sehun talks to me or anything that Sehun is involved. Does she like Kyungsoo just as I like Sehun?

I just slipped it out of my mind and focused on the exam. I must pass this exam and get high score to be with them. We went to an office where we asked for the entrance exam instructions and told us to proceed to this room to start immediately with the exam. We are given 3 hours straight to finished the exam but before we entered the room we encouraged one another.

Three hours have passed but I still have two questions left unanswered. "Okay time's up everyone. Pass down now you questionnaires and answer sheets. The results will be sent to you tomorrow via mail. Good day." Luckily I was able to answer all the questions before the professor went outside.

"Are you okay? You looked exhausted." Soojung asked with a worry. "I'm fine. Just a little worried about the upcoming results."

"Sohee... You shouldn't be worried about a thing. We did study groups to share all our learnings and you did all your best to study. So cheer up! *smiles*" Soojung did a thumbs up sign to cheer me up. "Awww, thanks Soojung. Thanks guys. I know that I'm kinda slow at school and I'm just really worried because this school has very high standards and that exam was so bloody. But you're right. I must not worry. I studied and I will pass!"

"That's the spirit!"

"Now let's eat because Kyungsoo's stomach is growling." Kyungsoo said in a low voice. "I bet all that questions made you very hungry. What will we eat?"

"Samgyeopsal!" We said in unison. So we headed to our favorite samgyeopsal place where we also have our favorite spot/table. We always go there after school and I'm really wondering why we aren't tired of eating samgyeopsal. After eating samgyeopsal we went home but Sehun said he'd walk me home. At first I declined because oh my gosh! We'll be walking the streets just the two of us and we'll look like a couple and I'll blush and I don't know what to say but he still insisted on walking me home and I agreed since it's getting dark.

"Sehun..."

"Mmhh?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"The exam and this."

"Oh, it's not a problem. You're welcome."

"For sure the three of you will definitely pass the exam and on top of that you'll get high scores so congratulations in advance."

"What are you talking about? The results aren't out yet so we all don't know. And I do believe that all of us are entering Hanyoung High School and we will be classmates. That's for sure."

"Really? You think I'll pass that exam?"

"Yes. You know you're worrying too much. Loosen up a bit. You'll pass that exam. Trust me."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"Aahh Sohee what street is your house?"

"Strawberry."

"Why does that sign says 'Apple'?" We stopped and I looked at Sehun who's confused and I looked at the sign he's talking about and "Oh. We're in Apple Street. Hahaha! I guess we talked too long and didn't realized we just passed by my house. Hilarious."

"Haha! Right. So here we are. Goodbye and see you in school. First day of class."

"Goodbye. See ya." He stepped backwards and I turned my back and smiled. I just can't hide that I'm blushing. The day after the exam a letter was sent to our house and it was for me. When I saw the logo of Hanyoung High School, I suddenly became nervous and hid inside a closet. "Sohee! What's that?" Mom asked me. "No-nothing Mom. Just an empty envelope." 

"Get out of there now. What is that? Let me see it."

"Mom. No."

"Sohee, I'll be counting from one to three only."

"Alright alright!" I got out from the closet and handed her the envelope. "The results from the exam."

"What's with the fuss about?" Sooyoung asked who has a paint on her face. "What is that in your face unnie? What were you doing?"

"Actually I'm painting but Mom's voice disturbed me. What really is going on?"

"Sohee hid in the closet because she doesn't want me to see the results from the exam."

"So the results are out?! I hope you'll get the passing mark so that we'll be schoolmates again and we'll walk from here to school." Said Sooyoung unnie and you can see from her face that's she's excited. "Mom it's not that I wanted to hide it from you. It's just that I'm shy and scared for the results."

"Well prepare yourself because where going to open this." Slowly my mom opened the envelope and handed me the letter. "It's better if you'll be the one to read it first so read it now. Out loud."


END OF CHAPTER 3!

Thanks for reading!

If there are any grammatical errors please inform me so that we can correct it. Thanks. :)