Chapter 1: The First Time I Met Him

My Knight in Shining Armor

    

 

 

I can still remember that day. The day where I stopped crying because of the mean kids bullying me. The day I met my kinght in shining armor.

 

6 years ago...

 

"Sohee!"
 

"Where are you going?" Mom yelled at me while I was running on my way to the playground to play but I stopped and also yelled to answer her. "I'm going to the new playground Mom! Anyways it's not that far from here." I was about to turn my body and run but Mom called out to me again. "Who's with you? Are you gonna play there alone?" I suddenly became nervous. I have no one to play with. "Uhmm, yes! There's one! My schoolmate! A boy?" What?! What am I talking? But I didn't mind it that much just to sneak away to the park. "Okay. Just be back before 5:30P okay?"

"Yes Mom!" I quickly turned and run as fast as I can. Good thing Mom didn't bother to ask anything after that 'who's with me' thing. I stopped running. I realized, I lied. The real truth is I have no one to play with except for my cousins and other family relatives. The kids on our neighborhood doesn't want to play with me instead they want to tease me. Tease me because I'm fat and they also call me ugly. I had no choice but to play far away from our neighborhood and meet some 'kind' kids but unfortunately, there all just the same just like the ones on our neighborhood. The playground I'm heading to is a new playground just a few blocks away from home and I'm excited and full of hopes to meet someone I can play with or someone I can call a friend.

I arrived at the new playground and there were many kids playing. Full of laughters and excitement to try out all the new things on the playground. A girl much younger than me tripped and the other kids around her laughed. I approached her and lift her up. "Hey don't laugh at her."

"Whatever pig!" I quickly turned my attention to the little girl to see if she's okay. "Thank you unnie."

"You're welcome. Are you okay?"

"Yes unnie." As she said thank you she walked away. I saw the monkey bars at the right side of the playground. I was about to the play in the monkey bars when a group of boys just the same age as me blocked and pushed me away. "Hey! What was that for?"

 

"Look! A pig can now talk? I thought it's 'oink oink oink'? Hahahaha!"

"You're so fat! Do you want to destroy the monkey bar with your heaviness?"

"I bet she can't lift her self because of her wieght."

"Go away loser. This is our monkey bars. And pigs don't climb okay? SO GET LOST!"

I tried to stand and run away and once again, they pushed me to the ground. I was expecting that my body will feel pain for falling on the ground but someone catched me. I looked to my left and saw a boy dressed in an armor. "Hey monkeys! She's a girl! Why are you being mean to her?" He lifted me up and asked me, "are you okay?" I was in shocked that time that I can't answer him. When the bullies saw the boy in armor they immediately said sorry and ran away.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Uhhh, yes. I am okay. Thank you."

"You're welcom-. Why are you crying?"

"It's just that, those boys are so cruel. *cries loudly*"

"Shshshshsh! Don't cry."

"But, th-they're so mean. I hate myself. Why am I fat and ugly.*cries*"

"Hey stop saying that! Don't hate yourself. You're not ugly. Yes you're fat but you're not ugly. And if you don't want to be called fat, it's not too late to change."

"But no one wants to befriend me because I'm fat and ugly."

"That's not true! Then what am I doing here?"

"What do you mean?"

"We can be friends! *smiles*"

"What?" He leaned closer to me and laid his hands on my shoulder. "Of course! In friendship there's no such thing as 'fat' or 'ugly'. You accept your friend as who he or she is. That's what my umma said."

"Really? You want to be my friend?"

"Yes! You're a good person and I don't see any reason not to befriend you. *smiles*"

"Wow! So I can call you as 'friend' now?"

"Yes! We are now friends." Suddenly I hugged him. I was so happy at that time. My very first friend.

"But wait, what's your name?"

"I'm Sohee. Yoon Sohee. You?"

"Sehun. Oh Sehun. We just transfered to a new village and I live nearby this playground"

"Really? Me too! If you go straight that exit you'll find my house."

"If you turn left after you pass the exit you'll find my house there."

"So you're my half-neighbor."

"What?!"

"Half-neighbor. Our villages are neighbors and that makes us the half-neighbors."

"Haha! You're weird and funny!"

"Really?! Wait, why are you wearing an armor suit?"

"We had a costume party at our house because we just moved in and I entered this playground while I was wandering around the place."

"I see. Oh no! It's almost 5:30P! I must go home or else my Mom will get angry at me. Goodbye Sehun!"

"Goodbye Sohee!"

 


END OF CHAPTER 1!

Thanks for reading!

If there are any grammatical errors please inform me so that we can correct it. Thanks. :)