IX

Taking Chances...

9


     Days goes by in a speed like lightning much to Baekhyun’s chagrin. It is Saturday night and tomorrow, the promise he made to go out with a Chanyeol will be . He sighs. He’s not really sure why but he’s nervousa and the question; ‘is it a date or not?’ keeps floating on his mind.

Well, according to Chanyeol it’s just a meal right? So technically it isn’t a date because they’re just going to eat. Or is there more? Not that he expects something more, no.  Argghhh! Baekhyun slaps both his cheeks simultaneously. Seriously, why is he even bothering to think about this? They’re friends and sometimes, friends go out for a meal. Yeah, that’s it.  The two of them will just go on a friendly date.

But still a date.

Baekhyun rolls around his blanket and ended up burying his face under his pillows. He whimpers. He did that for a few seconds before he stops, realizing how completely ridiculous he's acting. Rolling once more, he faces the low ceiling. He closes his tired eyes and tries chasing away all the thoughts that's been keeping him awake. He felt the effects of the busyness of the past few days and feels like he’ll get sick any time. He felt his consciousness slowly evacuating and soon enough he found his self in a land called dreamland.

 

Blinding rays from the sun crept into Baekhyun’s small windows landing on his peaceful sleeping face. He groans at the sudden brightness when but did not take long to adjust. He shoot up to a seating position position and felt a painful throb from his head. He feels quite dizzy. Great. What a way to start the morning. He reachesout for his phone to check the time; ten thirty. He still have an hour and a half to prepare for his meeting with Chanyeol.

Although feeling a little bit heavy, Baekhyun got up from his blanket and head towards his mini fridge. He picked up a slice of bread coating it with butter and cheese before throwing it to the microwave to toast. He then rummages through his medicine box to get a medicine for his headache. A small ding is heard from the microwave as he pulled out a carton of milk from the fridge indicating that his not-so-breakfast-anymore bread is ready. After finishing his bread and taking the medicine, Baekhyun heads to his bathroom and took a quick shower. He then goes on with his usual morning routine and before he knew it, he’s out of his place.

 

Baekhyun arrives at the meeting place ten minutes before their agreed time. Chanyeol and he agreed on meeting up at the front of the coffee shop at exactly 12. Uneasiness starts to fill him up again as he waited for the certain giant. And the headache is not helping at all.  A blue car stopped in front of him a few minutes after and a smiling Chanyeol emerges from it.

“Hey.” The giant greets.

“Hi.” He greets back. Chanyeol went to his place and opens the passenger door for him. He smiles as the gesture and helps himself inside.  As soon as he settled, the car owner runs back to get to the driver seat.

“You okay Baekhyun? You look pale.” Chanyeol asks, worry written all over from his face.

“Just a little bit tired but I’m fine.” He reassures.

“You sure? We can just reschedule and I’ll just take you home.”

“No, it’s alright. I’m actually hungry right now so I appreciate if you drive now.” Baekhyun humors trying to shift the mood.

Chanyeol smiles at the words and then turns his attention on the wheels. “Your wish is my command.”

 

The two of them arrived in a restaurant and Baekhyun can't help but notice that the place screams everything-here-is-expensive. A waiter accompanied them to a table near a glass wall. Baekhyun felt uneasy once again and tugs the corner of the giant’s plaid blue polo. Chanyeol turns around to look at him and asks what the problem is.

“Uhmmm.” He starts shakily. “Isn’t it a bit too much here Chanyeol? It looks really expensive here.” He voices out his concern looking around the restaurant.

“Don’t worry Baekhyun. It’s okay.” Chanyeol pats him before saying, “Sit.”

Baekhyun hesitates.  “We could just go somewhere else.” He said, still not taking a seat. Chanyeol went up to him and pulls the chair, making him sit.

“I told you not to worry about it.”

Although still a bit uncomfortable, Baekhyun tries to relax. Chanyeol told him to order anything he likes and that he did. Soon enough their table is housed by different kinds of dishes. He immediately felt embarrassed when he saw Chanyeol staring at him maybe even judging him; hard. He flashes an uncertain smile making the giant laugh.

“You never told me you eat a lot.” Chanyeol remarks.

“I don’t actually eat a lot.” Baekhyun said defensing himself. “It’s just that the pictures on the menu look so appetizing and it’s been a long time since I last ate out.” He continued while eating.

“You don’t eat out with your friends?”

Baekhyun stiffens at the question. He knew, sooner or later, Chanyeol will try to divulge more information about him. He found no reason to hold back anymore so he shook his head.

“I don’t have friends.” He lowershis head as to not to meet Chanyeol’s eyes. "Well, not for a  a while atleast." 

“No friends?” Chanyeol asksto confirm, he shook his head again in response. “What about Suzy?”

“Nah. She’s just my workmate. We never really meet outside work so I don’t consider her as friend.” He looked up saw the person opposite him nodding along.

“I’m glad.” Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun gave him a confused look. The giant laugh, “I’m glad because I’m your first friend in a while.” Baekhyun loosened up. Chanyeol’s laugh is comforting. He gave the giant the best smile he can manage in return.

No words were exchanged after that. The shorter guy continued eating even though he can still feel Chanyeol's gaze on him. He look from his plate to Chanyeol and realized that the latter is not eating. “Why aren’t you eating?” He blurted out.

“I’m not hungry. Besides watching you makes me feel full already.”

“Shut up and eat.” Baekhyun blushes and started filling up Chanyeol’s plate with different dishes.

They fell silent once again and Baekhyun felt a little awkward (what's new?). He felt full already so he turned his attention back to the giant and tried initiating a conversation.

“So is this considered as a date?” Baekhyun gapes at the sudden realization. He did not just ask that? He sees Chanyeol's smile turns into a grin and he panicks inside. He tries to save the situation though. “N-no. Don’t answer that. Forget I asked that.” He felt hot blood rushing towards his face.

“No, this is not a date.”

Baekhyun wanted to die of embarrassment. He wished that the gods above opens the floor beneath him and just swallow him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ask that. Sometimes my mouth has its own soul and speaks for itself.” Baekhyun laughed awkwardly.

“Don’t worry, I’ve also ask myself the same question. But no, this isn’t a date. It’s just two friends hanging out together.”

“Right..” Baekhyun said and suddenly felt a painful throb around his temple. His headache is attacking again. Closing his eyes, he tries to relax.

“But I’ll take you on a proper one. That’s it if you’re into one.” Chanyeol says but Baekhyun's not paying attention anymore for his head is aching twice as it was two minutes ago. When the tally guy noticed it, he couldn't help but worry. “Baekhyun, are you ok? You look really pale.” He stands up and is about to go to Baekhyun when the latter speaks.

“Chanyeol, can we go now? I suddenly felt sick.” Baekhyun said trying to sound stable. He lifts his gaze to Chanyeol but his sight started to blur. He saw his surrounding spinning before his eyes and his knees felt weak. He grabs on a chair for support but it’s too late for he already felt his body slowly collapsing to the floor.

He hears Chanyeol's voice calling him just as everything turned into black.

 







Update! Sorry. >< I'm a little bit lazy these days. Poor Baekhyun T_T. I'm now in the middle of writing the next chapter so expect an update soon. ^^

 Anyway, have you seen the recent BaekYeol interaction??? O-M-F to the G! I so missed my OTP... Hope they get back together soon. hahaha

Also, I'm starting a new chaptered fic. I know you'll probably hate me because i'm starting a new one with Taking Chances... not even done yet. But I can't help it. The idea keeps bugging me and I just need to let it out. >< Please support it too. CLICK HERE ~ Don't forget to subscribe if you're interested.