II

Taking Chances...

2


    When the four  friends arrived at their destination, they completely went to different spots. Kai and Sehun heads on the dance floor almost immediately, Kris went to find a quiet spot and Chanyeol went directly to the bar counter. He scanned the fullness of the club. Not bad, he thought The club is not big but it’s not too small also. The sound coming from the big speakers is high quality as well. No wonder Kai likes it here. The club is perfect for people who want to stay low profile.

“Sir what can I get you?”

Someone from behind the bar counter interrupted Chanyeol thoughts. He turns his chair around expecting a grumpy old bartender only to face the most beautiful guy he ever had the fortune to laid his eyes upon. He checks the guy in front of him, studying every corner of his face. Jawline is sharp, his nose goes along well with his face, oh ! That pair of eyes is the most attractive eyes I had ever looked to. Chanyeol’s eyes landed on the bartender’s lips and for the first time in forever, he felt his heart skip a beat. What a kissable lips.

“Sir!”

Chanyeol snapped back to reality when he heard the bartender spoke once more. “uh… what?” He shyly asked.

“I asked for your order.” The bartender flashes him an understanding smile. A smile that immediately turns into a frown when he asked for water. He, in turn gave the bartender a confused look.

“Why?”

“Oh nothing, it’s just that you’re in a club and you’re sitting in front of the bar counter and you’re supposed to order an alcoholic drink.” Said bartender, sarcasm apparent with his voice.

“Is there… a problem?”

“Ohhhh. Problem you asked?” The bartender scoffs. “Well you see, sir, I’m a bartender not a maid. I’m supposed to serve alcoholic drinks not plain water. So if you want water,” The bartender pointed out to a vending machine near the bathroom, “get it there. So if you'll excuse me, I have other customers to serve. Enjoy your night.”

He's supposed to be offended because after all, he's still the customer. And as the infamous saying goes, 'the customer is always right'. But no, instead of snapping back at the bartender he makes an apologetic look. “Sorry. Just give me anything but I prefer a not too strong one.” He scratches his head.

“There you go.” The bartender said and then went on his way to prepare his drink. Chanyeol can only hope it's not poisoned. He chuckled to himself, Wow. That is one of a kind guy. 

₰₰₰

Baekhyun dashed out to get away from his weird customer. Not really weird, but he feels weird. Does that make any sense? Honestly, his heart was flipping back and forth back then and he swears he’s once step closer to being fired. He doesn’t know why he acted like that especially to a rich guy who can make make him fired with just a snap of a finger. It's actually the first time something like that happened. Thankfully the guys seems like not a bad guy. Whew that was close, he breath out in relief.

He shook his head and reached out for a glass on one of the shelves and after a minute, he’s back in front of the customer.

“Here’s your order sir.” He said as he places the glass carefully in front of the customer.

The customer gave him a confused look immediately after he studied the content. “Uhmmm. This is water.” 

Right. Baekhyun gave the customer his water order. Although he's not sure himself why he did. Maybe because the guy's different? And maybe because he feels sorry for giving an attitude to the customer who clearly doesn't deserve it in the first place.

“I thought you want water?” He shrugs opting not to prolong the conversation.

The customer chuckles and thanks Baekhyun before taking a ip of the water. He in return, gives him a smile and this time, a genuine one. “You’re welcome and I'm sorry for earlier. If you need anything just call me.” The customer nods and he is about to turn away when the customer steps him. “Yes?” He inquires.

“I didn’t get your name. I’m Chanyeol by the way.”

It took a him a few seconds before he completetly discerned what the real intention of the customer were.  “Sir, “ he takes a deep breath and here he goes again, “like I said earlier I’m a bartender; nothing more than that. So if you want to flirt, there are a lot of people in here. Feel free sir.” He emphasizes the word sir at the end. He walked away from the customer or Chanyeol or whatever he said his name was. And no, he's deinitely not going to remember it.

 ₰₰₰

Chanyeol is left dumbfounded. This is the first time someone refused to give their name to him. He feels awful. It feels like he was just rejected. He looked at the bartender and saw him smiling, interacting with other customers. And somehow he can't bring himself to be turn off because, How can someone be that beautiful?

After almost an hour, Kai, Sehun, and Kris went up to him. They’re telling him that they need to go home because Chanyeol’s brother is already calling. But Chanyeol doesn’t want to leave yet. Not before he gets the bartender’s name.

“Let’s go Chanyeol, I don’t want to get killed by your brother.” Kai said pulling his friend from the bar stool. Sehun and Kris nods in agreement.

He knew he has no choice but to comply especially when it’s his brother they’re talking about. “Fine. But go ahead first in the car; I need to take care of something.” He said. His three friends eyed him but made their way to the entrance’s direction nonetheless. Once his friends are out of his sight, he called the bartender for attention and luckily he came up to him immediately. He took out his wallet and fished out a few bills. “Here. Thanks for the water.”

The bartender raised his eyebrows. “You don’t have to pay sir, it’s free?.”

Okay, it’s now or never, Chanyeol took a deep breath. “Can I please get your name?” He said with a hopeful look but the bartender is clearly not showing any sign of interest.

“Sir, I told you I’m a bar—"

“Chanyeol!" Kai appeared once again cutting the bartender off.

Geez. This punk. I’m going to kill you later. He silently cursed in his head giving Kai a death glare. He turned his attention to the bartender once again. “Please?” The bartender shook his head.

"Chanyeol we really need to get going."

Kai forcefully pulls him so he gave up. He walks towards the entrance and wiggles out from Kai's grip and hits him. It’s not a strong hit but let’s just say Kai is overreacting since you can see him in the floor hissing in pain.  Kris and Sehun laughed at the sight and grabbed Kai in the floor heading out of the club. Chanyeol spares one last glance to the bartender before following his friends out.

₰₰₰

Baekhyun can see the entire thing and is laughing inside. It’s not that he doesn't want to give his name to Chanyeol, actually he’s close to giving it if only Chanyeol’s friend gave the customer a little more time. He shook his head and smiles before wiping the counter clean. Maybe next time, he thought.

 








Hello! HAHAHA. I'm back with an update. lol. Sorry it took so long. I don't know what to say, okay, BaekYeol met... so... i don't know. Uhmmm.. Just wait for the next update. ><

Hi. to my new subscribers...