Part 2

Western Sky

Yixing felt surprised when he saw Sehun coming home alone, drenched and wet. The expression on his face doesn’t look good. The smile that hung on his face had disappeared.

 

“Sehun?” He wanted to ask where Luhan is but he watched Joonmyun walking up to the younger male and hugged him tightly in his arms. Sehun buried his head on his chest and cried his heart out.

 

After Joonmyun settled Sehun in his bed for the night, he walked to the living room to answer the doubts in Yixing’s mind. He sat down beside the younger male.

 

“What happened?”Joonmyun sighed and told him the whole story, even the part where he met Kris. During the whole conversation, Yixing interlocked with his hands, quietly listening to him.

 

“Before Luhan left, he told me to take care of Sehun for him.” He leaned his head on his lover’s shoulder to get some kind of comfort.

 

“I guess Luhan really fell in love with Sehun.” Joonmyun snuggled even closer to Yixing after saying that statement. He would never expect that Sehun would wake up and overheard the last part of their conversation.

 

He loves me? Why…?

Why do you have to leave with your lover when you loved me?

 

 

 

Jongin couldn’t help to feel a throbbing pain in his heart when he saw the state Luhan was in. The bright smile that he used to love was lost during their separation. He sat down on the empty space beside Luhan and fondled with his messy hair.

 

“Hyung… Have you ever regretted loving him?” He shook his head without hesitating. He started recalling those happy memories he had with Sehun…  He had never once regretted loving him. The only thing he regretted was leaving Sehun with a broken heart. Luhan thought he could forget about the human boy but the moment he left his world, it felt as if his body no longer belongs to him. He missed his voice, his touch, his skin and his kisses. He missed him, so much that it hurts.

 

“No. Not at all.” Jongin sighed mentally. Realizing even if he was separated with the human boy, his love for the human boy doesn’t go away. He doesn’t get it. How can Luhan fall in love with a human? He believes Luhan deserves someone better and greater than the human boy.

 

“Why? Is he that wonderful and perfect?” He was hoping for a yes from Luhan or the fact that the guy was perfect, way better than him a thousand times. Reasons that he can give himself to give up on the older angel.

 

“I don’t know…” Luhan left his question unanswered which left an unanswered question forever in Jongin’s heart.

 

 

 

He went on to google map to find where China was, it was north-west of South Korea. His room’s window was facing north-west.  Sehun then looked out towards the west sky, Luhan once again filled up his mind. He wondered if the older guy had grown skinnier, whether if he was doing well in China and was he thinking about him like he was thinking about him.

 

Since Luhan didn’t really leave him for a lover, he left him because he loves him.

 

Maybe by this time he would be sneezing because he was thinking about him.

 

 

 

Sehun sometimes wonder if Luhan planned all these. At the day of his leaving, it would be raining. Raining so hard that Sehun wouldn’t be able to wipe that day from his memories. So when Luhan managed to come back one day, he’ll know Sehun would be waiting for him because he can’t forget about him. He looked out the window, it was raining today and he didn’t like it one bit.

 

He would crouched at a corner of the room and silently wait for the rain to stop. He doesn’t want to step out of the room and face the rain that will pull back those memories. Those memories which he wanted to bury deep down in his heart and never remembers. The car accident and the hurtful breakup.

 

The accident replayed in his mind like a broken recorder every rainy day. Luhan’s voice would keep repeating in his ears over and over again until the rain stop or he fell asleep. Sometime he would hear voices that sounded so clear that he thought Luhan was standing beside him.

 

Yet it never kills off the hope that Luhan would be back someday and return to his side forever.

 

 

 

It has been a month without Luhan, Sehun finally lost his mind. Joonmyun heard a lot of noises coming from the room, breaking the usual silence. It was abnormal for Sehun to move about like this. He made his way to the room to see Sehun digging in his wardrobe and a luggage bag was on his bed.

 

“Where are you going?” Sehun finally lost it. He doesn’t want to wait anymore. The more he stayed, the more he thinks. He was worried that his lover in China might be quarreling with him again and Luhan needs someone to be there for him. Maybe he was waiting for him to come.

 

“I’m going to China to find him.” He muttered and continued packing his luggage. Joonmyun didn’t want Sehun to continue on like this. Luhan had left with Kris and went back to heaven. There’s no way that Sehun can find him in China even if he knows China at the tip of his fingertips.

 

“Do you even know where he is?”  He tried reason it out to him, hoping that it will wake up his senses but no avail. Sehun was stubborn in his decision.

 

“Of course I know. He is in Beijing.” He replied confidently despite the fact he doesn’t know where exactly he was. Joonmyun sighed and sat down on the chair in front of his desktop. He couldn’t tell him the truth because he promised Luhan that he will let Sehun believe that Luhan left with another guy because he doesn’t love him anymore. Age does make one immature. Joonmyun couldn’t let Sehun leave because he also promised Luhan that he would take good care of him and keep him in Korea.

 

“Do you know how big China is? With that broken Chinese of yours do you think you will be able to find him?” Sehun dropped the clothes that were in his hands and stared blankly in space. He knows that China is a big country, he knows he can’t get anywhere far with his broken mandarin but it was the only hope he had left. If he gave up on it, he may never be able to see Luhan in this life again.

 

He picked up his clothes from the floor.

 

“I don’t care, even it’s going to take me years to find him.” He said stubbornly not wanting to face the fact even though he knew it. Joonmyun walked towards him from behind and wrapped his arms around his shoulder.

 

“Grow up Sehun-ah. You know it deep down that there’s no way you can find him. Why don’t you face it?” Joonmyun muttered softly. Sehun turned over to bury his head on his chest.

 

“Hyung… I really miss him…” He broke down crying in his arms. Joonmyun can only console his broken heart by caressing his hair. Watching how depressed Sehun was, he couldn’t bear to keep the secret from Sehun anymore.

 

“Sehun… Luhan is not in China…” He patted his head rhythmically, calming Sehun down to listen to him.

 

“Then… Where is him, hyung?” Joonmyun then told Sehun the whole story. From the fact that Luhan was an angel to the reason why he was captured back to heaven.

 

“Because Angel can’t love but he loves you.” It explained the whole Luhan left him because he loves him part. Sehun looked out to the vast gray sky, it was raining again.

 

 

 

Luhan caressed the image on the mirror with his thumb. He looked even frailer. He really wished he could be by his side to take care of him, to hold him telling him that he’s here. But he couldn’t. He gripped tightly on the mirror. He thought by looking at him in the mirror would lessen the pain of thinking him but it didn’t. It only increased the pain. The door to his room flew opened. Jongin was standing there with his usual smirk. He made his way towards Luhan.

 

“Jongin, what are you doing here?” He pulled off his chain at his ankle. Luhan rubbed his hand gently against his bruised skin. Jongin pulled him up.

 

“I am here to lend you a helping hand.” He grinned cheekily as he helped Luhan walk out of the room. It doesn’t feel right to Luhan since he was locked up and captivated in this room for his punishment. Jongin releasing out of the room, it will bring the younger angel trouble.

 

“You are letting me off? But you’ll get in trouble.” Luhan pushed his hand away, not wanting to get out of the room and getting Jongin into trouble.

 

“Who cares, I’m used to it anyway and it’s Kris who tells me to do it so I won’t get into too much trouble. As long as you and that kid live happily ever after, my little sacrifice will be worth it.” The truth was Jongin was given such a choice a month ago but Jongin thought that Luhan might be in love with Sehun for just a period of time and after a cooling period, he would turn back to the Luhan he once knew.

 

But he was wrong, wrong to wait. He watched how Luhan grief every single day, how weak he became after one month. He then realized it wasn’t a moment of folly. Luhan indeed fell in love with Sehun. No matter how much he hated this to be true, he can’t change it anymore. He can’t be the one that Luhan loves.

 

“He’s name is Sehun.” He corrected him. To Kai, his name wasn’t important. The most important thing was the fact that Luhan was smiling and happy again.  It’s been a while since he saw him smiling like this.

 

“Less talking more flying.” He said as he pulled Luhan along with him out of the enclosed room and back to his lover’s side. Jongin had to carry him during the flight since Luhan was too weak to fly on its own to earth now.

 

“Jongin… Thank you and sorry.” He muttered apologetically. Jongin didn’t want or need his apologies. He wanted only his love but since it’s not possible now, he wanted him to be happy.

 

“If you are sorry, then promise me you’ll live happy ever after.”

 

 

 

The door to his room opened up once more, he doesn’t have to look up to see who it was. All these while it only had been Joonmyun hyung and Yixing hyung walking in and out of his room. It was raining outside again and he’s determined to stay in the same position until the rain stops.

 

“Sehun-ah.” His voice was way too familiar that his heart was starting to feel bitter. Luhan knelt down in front of him and lifted his head up to look at him. Tears began to fill his eyes, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It seemed too real to be an illusion.

 

“Lu…Luhan?!” Luhan pushed his head close to his chest, patting softly on his head. The touched that he longed for, the warmth that’s not just a part of memory.

 

“I’m back…” he whispered and kissed his cheeks. The human’s eyes once again filled with tears but this time it was the tears of joy.

 

 

 

With Luhan back into Sehun’s life, Sehun finally picked up himself. The days they spent together, thought as if that one month had never existed. Sehun was back working in the café, Luhan stayed at home to recuperate his health back. Although Sehun knows about Luhan’s identity, nothing much between them had changed. To Sehun, he’s still the same Luhan.

 

He thought nothing would change the fact Luhan is back. He thought so.

 

“It’s for that foreign looking guy sitting over there.” Kyungsoo informed before passing the Americamo to Sehun.

 

“Here you go sir. Your Americano.” Sehun showed off his usual charismatic smile to the customer. Before he would even leave, the customer grabbed his hand.

 

“Sehun. Listen to me.” He pulled Sehun closer to him which startled Sehun a little.

 

“How did you know my name?”

 

“I’m Luhan’s friend, Kris. I’m an angel like him. The angels above are trying to bring him back. The only way you can make them change their mind is to pull off his wings.” He whispered softly, making sure no one else other than him hears it.

 

“Pu-Pull of his wings?” Sehun was shocked as he never knew Luhan’s had wings.

 

“The wings on his back are the only way he can fly back to heaven. If you were to pull it out they Luhan won’t be able to fly back to heaven and they will give up on Luhan.” Kris explained.

 

“How can I trust that you are not one of them?” Sehun raised his eyebrow in suspicion. The guy sitting in front of him looked rather decent but look can be deceiving.

 

“You can doubt me but it’s the only way I know that can help Luhan.” Sehun stayed silence and started to ponder. What he said did made sense. An angel without wings, Luhan will not be able to fly back without wings. Then again, will there be any side effect if he loses his pair of wings.

 

“Look, they are planning to take him away tonight. You have to do it no matter what.” Sehun looked at Kris’s serious expression.

 

“But…” Sehun was hesitant. He was worried that it might be a lie.

 

“After this, Luhan will be able to stay by your side forever.” The word ‘Forever’ was too tempting. He really wanted to be with Luhan forever. Living together, celebrating festival together, snuggling on couch on a cold winter day. He really want them to be together forever.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

Sehun was still hesitant about it. Should he really pull his wings off like what he told him to? What if the person was lying? The sentence about he would be able to stay by his side forever made it so tempting.

 

“Luhan-ah, can I see your wings?”

 

“Sure.” Luhan turned his back and then stretched out his wings. Sehun was amazed by the warmth emitting from it. He caressed gently on his wings, feeling every feathers on it.

 

Tear it, tear it and he will forever stay by your side.

 

The voice echoed in his mind which made him reacted to it. He then grabbed both of the wings and tore it from it body. Luhan cried in pain as he fell onto the ground. Sehun was in shocked. This wasn’t supposed to happen. He didn’t get why Luhan was in pain. Did the guy lie to him? He felt confused.

 

“Call , Yixing…” he muttered weakly. Sehun scrambled out the room immediately to find his handphone to call Yixing hyung, hoping that it’s not too late. After hearing only the first part of what happened, Yixing hung up and rushed home.

 

“Wait outside the room.” Yixing commanded before walking in the room. He didn’t like showing off his healing skills to people, moreover Sehun was a human. Sehun listened to him and stayed out of the room.

 

The moment Yixing ran in the room, he couldn’t believe the condition Luhan was in. It was worse than he thought when Sehun called and told him. Fallen feathers surrounded him and he was groaning in pain. He shook his head as the situation in front of him doesn’t look good. He knelt down beside Luhan and took another look at Luhan’s back. There were still white feathers that were attached on is back.

 

“Don’t worry, Luhan. I’m here.” Yixing whispered to ease Luhan’s anxiety. He placed his hands gently on his back, a bright light shone from his palm. Luhan felt warm on his back and the pain lessens as time passed. The frown on his face faded off. Yixing helped Luhan on the bed, tucking him in to let him rest.

 

He immediately stomped out to look for Sehun.

 

“Who tore his wings?” He asked with a croaky voice. He clenched his fist tightly swearing in his heart that he will take revenge for him even if it meant that he will need to go against heaven.

 

“It was me but he told me that it’s the only way they won’t take him away.” He quickly explained but it didn’t help to lessen the fury in his heart. It was true but it wasn’t a solution to their problem.

 

“What?!” Yixing pulled up his collar roughly and pushed him to the nearby wall.

 

“He said if I tear off his wings the people who try to take him away won’t take him anymore.” Sehun answered shaky. It was the first time Yixing loses his cool in front of someone. He was known to be a man with good temper.

 

 “Who told you to ing tear off his wings?” He grunted.

 

“Kris hyung…” Sehun answered shaky.

 

Yixing messed his hair in frustration. He couldn’t understand why he would do such a thing. He and Luhan were like brothers, maybe even closer than blood related brothers. He would never harm Luhan, no matter how the senior angels want him to capture Luhan back.

 

“Do know why?” Sehun shook his head.

 

“It is because he will disappear into thin air, they don’t need take him back anymore.” He yelled at Sehun furiously. He let go of Sehun. He dropped his knees on the floor after realizing how he almost killed the love of his life. He covered his face with his hands in regret. What Kris told Sehun was true, if Luhan were to lose his wings, they can’t get him back in heaven. The only problem is he will die. An angel without wings will die.

 

 “Luckily, you didn’t tear off his wings completely from him, if not he might not turn into dust now when I arrive.”  Yixing sat down on the couch, cooling himself down. There’s no point being angry when things are done. He couldn’t think straight when he’s agitated like this.

 

“Mianhae…” Sehun didn’t look up at Yixing.

 

“Just take care of him. Tearing his wings is equal to tearing your organ off. Just simple as that.” He then left the couple alone in  the apartment while he get some fresh air to clear his mind and try to apprehend the current situation. Sehun made his way into their shared room, looking at Luhan lying on the bed lifelessly, guilt strike him again.

 

“Mianhae, hyung… Mianhae…” He kept on apologizing but the guilty feeling doesn’t go off no matter how many times he said. Luhan cupped the younger males’ cheek and wiped his tears away with his thumb. Luhan didn’t blame Sehun at all. He knows it’s not his fault that he was in such a state.

 

“It’s not your fault, Sehun.” He said weakly.

 

“No… It’s mine…”

 

“I never blamed you.”

 

“Hyung… Mian-” Luhan sat up slightly to seal his lips with his own chapped lips. He doesn’t want to hear his apology because it was never his fault to begin with.

 

“Don’t apologize anymore.”

 

 

 

“You lied to me.” Sehun said coldly.

 

“I didn’t. They decided not to take him away after knowing that he lost his wings.” It was true, Kris didn’t lie that they gave up on Luhan. They had decided not to take him back. It was pointless to take a wingless angel back.

 

“But it will kill him! How can I believe what you say after what has happened.” Kris sighed. In order to let them to be together, this was the only sacrifice Luhan have to make.

 

“Sehun, you have to trust me.”

 

“You are those people who want to take him away, isn’t it?”

 

“I-” Before Kris could even explain future, Sehun already stomped towards him.

 

“You bastard.” Sehun raised his arms high but before his fist could even touch Kris he was reflected off away from him. No one can touch him, not even a puny human like Sehun. Kris didn’t want to hurt him but the protective shield detected him.

 

“You said he will be by my side forever after this.” He looked up at Kris, eyes filled with hatred.

 

“I’m not lying.” He stood up and left without even turning back.

 

I don’t even know if I should trust you anymore…

 

 

 

He could feel the sharp aching pain from his back as he made his way home from the warehouse.

 

“I’m a little tired, I’m going to bath and sleep.” He yawned and made his way to the bathroom. He quickly locked the bathroom door from behind before ing his shirt. The moment he looked up in the mirror, he saw Luhan standing behind him.

 

He didn’t expect Luhan to break in to the bathroom and see his wounds. He thought he wouldn’t notice but he did. He even made an excuse that wanted to bath to avoid changing in front of him.

 

“Does it hurt?” Sehun shook his head, looking through the mirror to see his hurt expression.

 

“No, it doesn’t. As long as you are here, nothing hurts.”

 

“Sehun-ah… Thank you for everything.” Luhan caress lightly on his wounded back. He turned around and looked at the angel and he leaned forward to kiss him gently on his lips.

 

 

 

He woke up to see a head of white hair in front of him. He was shocked but quiet not wanted to alert Luhan of his change.

 

“Something’s wrong with Luhan.” Yixing quickly stood up from the couch and went into the room. After examined Luhan’s he left the room quietly. Sehun immediately stood up from the sofa and walked towards Yixing.

 

“Why did his hair turned white?” There was a frown on Yixing’s face.

 

“It’s not a good sign.”

 

“Didn’t you say he was recovering?”

 

“Not anymore… His wings didn’t manage to heal well enough. My powers were not enough to heal him…” Yixing can only blame himself. He stayed on Earth for too long that his healing power wasn’t that strong anymore, his power cannot heal angel.

 

“Does it mean he will die or disappear?” Sehun stared at Yixing with those sorrowful eyes, it made it hard for him to break the news.

 

“…” Words were stuck in his throat, he couldn’t admit to the fact it was true.

 

“I understand.”

 

“Keep him happy. The moment his last feather drops, he will disappear along with the wind only to leave a feather behind.” Yixing patted his back before leaving the house. Luhan was standing by the door, listening to their conversation. He slid down the wall slowly. He doesn’t have much time left.

 

 

 

From that day on, Sehun applied for a long leave. He decided to keep Luhan accompanied for the rest of his remaining time. He doesn’t know how long he left but he’s going to treasure every moment of it.

 

“Sehun, you don’t have to keep me accompanied.” Luhan felt bad for making Sehun stay with him, wasting his life for someone like him.

 

“I want to.”

 

“Se-” Sehun hugged Luhan tightly in his arms.

 

“Hyung, don’t push me away… Just let me stay with you for the remaining days.”

 

 

 

Every morning he will wake up facing his white hair. It wasn’t much of a concern before but it began to be a prick in the eye. Whenever Luhan sits by the window with the sun shining in, Sehun felt as if he would disappear the moment he blink his eyes. White color hair didn’t seem like a good omen and it’s constantly reminding Sehun of his death. Sehun then decided to dye Luhan’s hair for a change of feel.

 

He took out the dying kit that he brought over a few days ago before going back into the room to bring Luhan out.

 

“Hyung, let me help you change to a new hairstyle, today” He lifted him off the bed and to the chair he placed in the bathroom.

 

“Are you sure you know how to do it?” He looked at Sehun suspiciously because Sehun never once dyed his own hair before. Usually he goes to a salon to do it. Sehun patted on his back, assuring him.

 

“Of course I asked Baekhyun hyung about it.” His statement then explained the reason why he was on the phone the previous night.

 

“I thought he’s only good with eyeliner?” Luhan had seen him working in the café a lot of times, he’s really good with eyeliner but he’s not sure with his skills of dying hair since his hair was constantly black in color.

 

“Not really. He’s pretty good with this actually.” He continued preparing the dye, smiling brightly thinking that he would be doing it for his lover.

 

“Okay. So the explanation given by Baekhyun through a phone is clear?” Hinting to Sehun that he knows about his call with Baekhyun last night which made Sehun laughed slightly.

 

“Hyung, trust his skill and my ability of learning.” Luhan nodded and closed his eyes, putting his hair in Sehun’s hands.

 

Less than an hour, Sehun finally finished the whole dying and cleaning process. He was contented with the result he got. Light golden brownish color, it fits Luhan perfectly. The angel liked the color on his hair too, at least for now he won’t have something to remind him about the little days he left on earth.

 

 

 

The angel woke up with the sound of thunder roaring throughout the gray sky. He sat up slowly, trying to sit up on the bed.

 

How long have I been asleep? He had lost track of the time. Has it been a day or has it been just a few hours? The last moment he remembered when he was awake was in the morning.

 

“Hyung.” Sehun moved swiftly towards him and helped him up to sit on the bed. The moment his hands touches the angel’s hands, the expression on the angel’s face changed. Sehun’s hands were too cold for a room this warm.

 

“Why are your hands so cold?” Sehun quickly jerked his hands away from Luhan’s hands, not daring to look into his eyes. The angel held onto his hands gently once again. He was trembling. He can feel him shaking from within. He looked out the window again, it was raining very heavily. It then dawn on him, the day when he left it was raining very heavily.

 

“Are you afraid of raining days?” Sehun looked like a lost puppy. He knelt down in front of him before locking him in his arms. Even his body was cold, even colder than Luhan.

 

“I’m just afraid you will leave when it rains again.” His explanation was simple yet bitter in a way. To Sehun, rain will take his people that he love away and he love Luhan.

 

“Sehun-ah…” The angel gently patted on his back, as if he was cooing a baby during a raining day. If his parents didn’t died in the rain, perhaps the memory of him leaving won’t be so deep that he can’t forget.

 

“You won’t right? You won’t leave me again on a rainy day right?” His body was shaking against him. He never thought his fear would be this serious. It was the first time he witnessed him acting like this.

 

“Sehun… I…” He can’t be sure. It’s no longer something that he can feel. The moment he lost part of his feathers, his powers and sixth senses were gone along with it.

 

“Promise me, hyung… Please.” He begged, begged him to make a promise that he may never kept. A promise that Luhan doesn’t have confidence in keeping it.

 

“Alright… I promise.” He assured but with no confidence of keeping it. As long as his words can calm him down, he’s willing to do so.

 

 

 

Sehun started counting the feathers he collected in the room. There were a total of four white feathers in his hands. It meant that the time Luhan left in the world was getting lesser and lesser. He sighed softly before keeping it in a wooden box he brought. Luhan was watching him, watching his fallen expression. There was no hope at sight. There was no way Luhan could survive any longer.

 

Luhan knows that if the both of them fall into sadness, his remaining days would be spent in sadness. He doesn’t want that to happen. He wanted to give Sehun the best memories he can give and all love and care to him.

 

“What are you doing?” Luhan hugged Sehun from behind, putting up a smile that Sehun once told him he liked it a lot. At least for the remaining days, the memories left intact would be beautiful and blissful.

 

“Hyung? Why aren’t you in bed? You are walking around by yourself?” Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun’s neck, leaning his whole body weight on him. Sehun wrapped his hands around his waist to support him. Their distance was close, so close that he could feel the angel’s cold body temperature.

 

“I feel much better today.” Although he felt he was feeling better, he knows it’s a rally before death. His time was really running out now. With only a couple of feathers left, it’s coming to an end soon. In heart, he was praying that it would not rain when he leave. He doesn’t want to break the promise he had with Sehun. The only last promise that he can keep.

 

“Why are you so cold, hyung?” He caressed his cold cheeks, Luhan’s smile still remained on his face. Not a hint of sadness or bitterness in his mind. A smile that came from the bottom of his heart. 

 

“Then warm me up, Sehun…” Before Sehun could even react to it, Luhan had kissed his lips and stopped him from saying anything else. Sehun was utterly surprised by his initiative. He wanted to follow his lead and warm him up with his own body heat but he was afraid, afraid that he might hurt him.

 

“Hyung… Don’t.” He warned him as he moved back slightly, leaving a small distance between their face. But Luhan didn’t heed it. He continued his advances, continued seducing Sehun to move on.

 

Right now he just want him to hold him close, hold him tight, feel that he’s still alive in this world.

 

 

 

After a warm bath, Sehun carried Luhan back in bed. Before he tucked his hyung in, he did a quick check on the number of feathers left. There was still three left. He They still had time.

 

“Sehun-ah, can you buy bubble tea for me?” His bright eyes were looking at him, it made it hard for Sehun to reject his request. It has been a while since they sat down and had bubble tea.

 

“Sure hyung. The usual flavor?” He asked while caressing his hair. Luhan looked a little tired than before but the smile on his face was still there. He muttered a soft yes as a reply.

 

“Wait for me to get back.” Sehun planted a kiss gently on his forehead. Luhan gave Sehun the brightest smile could give for the last time. Luhan know that his time was running out and he didn’t want Sehun to witness how he turns into dust and disappeared in the wind. He wanted Sehun to only remember the best of him.

 

“Sehun-ah…” He took a long last look at Sehun face, suppressing the urge to caress for it the last time. He didn’t want Sehun to get suspicious of his actions so he can only hold back his urge.

 

“Change mine to chocolate.” Sehun laughed and nodded. The moment Sehun stepped out the door, he shut his eyes tightly to recall his face in his mind once again, hoping that it will forever stay intact in his mind even if he disappears from the world.

 

 

 

Sehun came back with two cups of bubble tea in a plastic bag. Although he was caught in the rain, he did not tremble in fear like usual. With Luhan’s help, he was getting used to the rain again.  He no longer fear it. He was swinging the plastic bag back and fro in his hands as he made his way into their room.

 

A loud thud broke the silence, the bed was empty. His legs trembled as he moved step by step closer towards the empty bed. A white feather was resting peacefully on the bed. He remembered that there were still three feathers on his back before he went out. He didn’t understand why, Luahn still had time…

 

The moment his last feather falls off, he will disappear along with the wind only to leave only a feather behind.

 

“You promised me… You promised…”His whole body was shaking. He bit his lips to hold back his tears. It was raining outside again. A slip of note was left at the table side, it was Luhan’s handwriting.

 

 

I don’t want you to see the pain that I suffer when the last feather drops.

I only want you to remember your smile and the happy memories we shared.

Forgive my selfishness,

Forgive me for breaking my promise.

I’m sorry and I love you


Merry Christmas!