Part 1

Western Sky

He looked around from the spot where he was standing. Earth was definitely different from heaven. There were no clouds as ground. The beautiful street light that brightens up the night sky, it was beautiful. Although in heaven there were stars to brighten up the night sky, the feeling was of seeing human street lights were still better. He stood by the road side waiting patiently for a certain someone to arrive.

 

In order to blend into the human world, Luhan gave himself an identity. He was a china man, whose age was 23 years old, who originally lived in Beijing but came here to work in Korea.

 

A familiar figure approached him, nothing much has changed after living five years on earth, only that he looked a little tired and haggard than before. It made Luhan wondered if life on earth was hard.

 

“Welcome, Luhan.” Yixing greeted with his dimple smile and gave the older male a hug. Yixing knew that Luhan would be shivering in cold since he met the same situation when he got down on earth. He unwrap his own scarf to wrap it around the older angel to keep him warm.

 

“You’ll get used to it soon. Come let’s go to my place.” Luhan smiled and followed Yixing. It was troublesome to be flying back and fro between Heaven and Earth so he moved in to Yixing apartment for the time being.

 

“Sehun, come out and meet your new roommate!” Joonmyun yelled for him as they made their way to the living room. Sehun quickly ran out of his room to meet and greet his new roommate. The moment his eyes landed on Luhan, he was mesmerized by the angel’s beauty. His gentle smile and a pair of eyes that tells a thousand stories.

 

“This is Sehun,” he then turned to Sehun, “This is Luhan. He’s older than you so be polite and call him hyung.” Using a human identity it would be four years but as an angel it would be a million years older than him.

 

“Ne. Nice to meet you Luhan hyung.” Sehun bowed politely, Luhan then ruffled his head.

 

“Nice to meet you, Sehun.” He ruffled his hair and smiled along when he sees the younger male enjoying his touches. The feeling of having a younger brother, he kind of like it.

 

 

 

While Luhan was unpacking his luggage, Sehun was lying on his own bed watching his every actions. Seeing how he knitted his brow when he couldn’t find the things he wanted or the satisfied smile when he hung his clothes neatly in the cupboard just put up a smile on his face unknowingly.

 

Luhan knew that he was staring at him but he just didn’t acknowledge it until he was finish and wanted to go out and get some daily necessities.

 

“Stop staring and come and help me.” Luhan stood up and looked at him which caught Sehun by surprised. Sehun immediately sat up and acted as if he didn’t spend an hour staring at a certain roommate of his.

 

“I wasn’t.” Sehun lied because he was too embarrassed to acknowledge it and looked down on the floor with his face beet red.

 

“Do you know when you lie your nose will grow longer?” Luhan said while leaning closer to Sehun. He remembered an old tale that Kris used to told him when he was young, that when an angel lies, his or her nose will grow longer. He really believed it at first but only to realize it was a joke when he grew older as an angel.

 

“Really?” He started touching his nose to see if had grew longer. His reaction only made Luhan laughed. He stood in front of Sehun and gently pat his head.

 

“I was just joking. Come and bring me around the neighborhood to buy something.” The younger latter nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

 

Sehun was glad to have Luhan around in the household because now he doesn’t have to handle awkward situation alone anymore.

 

“Hyung, I really glad you came.” He was smiling even brighter than usual. 

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I won’t the only light bulb anymore.” At first Luhan didn’t get what it meant until he thought of the two lovebirds at home. It must have been really lonely for Sehun to stay with the couple, watching how they cuddled in each other’s comfort while he’s all alone.

 

“From now on there will be two light bulbs in the house!” He wrapped his arms around his shoulder. Watching how the maknae obediently listen to him and carried his things without complaining, he felt like rewarding him with something he liked.

 

“Sehun-ah, is there something you want to eat or drink now? My treat.” His face brightens up even more and quickly pointed to a shop nearby.

 

“I want bubble tea, Hyung!” The word bubble tea brightens Luhan. It was a human drink that he fell in love with the moment he tasted it. It tasted heavenly. Every trip he takes to Earth he would always buy one before going back to heaven.

 

“You like bubble tea too? Me too!” Luhan felt excited in hearing someone like the bubble tea like him too. No one around him really did, not even his angel friends, it felt as if he found someone alike.

 

 

 

Luhan thought that the only way to learn more about humans was to be a human. Luhan didn’t want to slack around on earth so decided to work like a human. Joonmyun then offered him a job at the café as his first working experience. It will be a good start for him to get used to working since he wasn’t a human to start with. He also need to learn how work like a human and not using his angel powers.

 

He did a ninety degree bow to the other members of the café. He gave a short self-introduction before all of them went back to work. Luhan was paired up with Sehun for the day so that Sehun can teach him the necessary stuff he needs to know.

 

“I’m so glad Joonmyun hyung pair me up with you.” Sehun was grinning like an idiot as he pulled Luhan along to the kitchen. Although they only met a few days ago, Sehun grew to become more and more attached to angel. Whatever he did in front of the angel, he did it to earn a smile on the angel’s face or to earn his liking.

 

“I’ll try my best to teach you what I know!” Looking at his earnest expression, it only made Luhan want to trust him more. Kris told him once before that human can be scheming and he shouldn’t trust human easily but Sehun was an exception.

 

 

 

It was finally lunch hours for staff, Sehun and Luhan got break with another fellow worker, Baekhyun for lunch. They were seated at the second level of the café and having one of Kyungsoo famous Kimchi Spaghetti. They were sitting at the table which was by balcony, the sunlight shone warmly on them in the cold winter. Sehun was mesmerized by the sight. The way the light shone on him, made him looked like an angel that has descendent on earth.

 

“Kyungsoo makes the best Kimchi Spaghetti! It tastes like heaven.” Baekhyun started digging in while complimenting the Spaghetti to Luhan. Sehun’s eyes were glued to the angel, every action that he took deeply embedded in his mind.

 

“Really? I don’t think you can eat Heaven.” He remarked casually as he continued eating. He’s an angel and never once heard before that you can eat Heaven. That’s why he finds his comment a little unbelievable. Baekhyun burst out in laughter.

 

“Hyung, you are really funny. I didn’t mean that you can literally taste Heaven, it’s just a proverb.” Luhan blushed embarrassedly at his own mistake. In the youngest eyes, he was so cute. Too cute for his age.

 

“You are so cute, hyung.” Sehun pinched his cheeks playfully.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was standing at the counter doing the closing for the day while the other workers helped to clean up the café. Sehun showed Luhan how to do up the last cleaning for the day.

 

“You have to clean all the cups and plates and place it neatly at the rack here so that tomorrow they won’t have to waste time washing it.” Both of them started washing the cups and plates in the sink.

 

“By the way, why is it Kyungsoo doing the closing? Should it be Yixing or Joonmyun who do it?” After all they were the owners of this restaurant. Sehun simply shook his head.

 

“Sometimes they don’t stay in the shop so eventually they taught Kyungsoo how to do it so that they don’t have to be in the shop the whole day.”

 

 

 

“Wait.” Sehun suddenly whispered and stopped in his track. Luhan managed to stop in time before crashing onto Sehun. The younger male started creeping closer to the living room and to the kitchen.

 

“Why?” Luhan followed behind and looked around the room, afraid that the reason why he was acting weird was because that there was a thief in the house. He grabbed the hem of Sehun’s shirt but the he stopped again after taking a few steps and stopping at the corner of the walkway before the kitchen.

 

“I think we should go.” It seemed like Sehun had confirmed his own prediction by peeping into the kitchen and decided to head out of the apartment. Luhan didn’t understand. If there was a thief in the house, they should be brave and catch him. As an angel, he believes he has the power to protect the both of them. After all he was an angel and not a weak human.

 

“Wh-” Noises that were coming from the kitchen cut off Luhan. The older male peeked slightly into the kitchen where the source of the noises was coming from. Only to briefly see two figures in the kitchen that gave him the shock of his life.

 

“Yixing… They will be back anytime now…” The angel quickly covered his mouth from screaming in shocked. He could hear Joonmyun panting and clearly. He didn’t expect they would be doing at such an open area when they know they were living with other two friends in the apartment.

 

“Sehun will know what to do…” Luhan was still in a shock, not attempting to step away. Sehun had no choice but to drag the angel out from the apartment. The angel was still flushing in embarrassment at the scene he saw just now.

 

“What… What should we do now?” It was the first time Luhan witness such things, it was too shocking for him to digest. Who would have expected their friend to make out in the house in such an open area?

 

“This isn’t the first time. Because of this, Yixing hyung gave me the keys to his dance studio. Let’s go.” Sehun was more than happy this time for something like this to happen as it meant more time spend alone with Luhan.

 

 

 

The moment the music started playing, Sehun became serious. It seemed as if it was two different people. His body moved to the rhythm of the beats, every steps and actions he did was on the dot. Just like one of the angel he knew on heaven. Jongin has a shy and quiet personality but the moment he dances he became someone else. As the song ended, the innocent smile return to his face. Luhan clapped his hands vigorously.

 

“Daebak! You danced really well.” The younger male scratched his head shyly and sat down beside his hyung. Luhan passed him a bottle of water. The human boy thanked the angel before opening the bottle cap and drank the water.

 

“You remind me of a good friend I know.” In heaven. The angel left out the last two words from the sentence and leaned back against the wall.

 

“In what way hyung?” He looked at him curiously.

 

“He loves dancing too and he always shows me his dance whenever I’m free.” After hearing this, Sehun frowned. The statement by Luhan made him believed that he has a strong competitor to compete with him for Luhan.

 

“I can show you my dance whenever you are free too.” His words sounded to Luhan that he was jealous of his good friend. It was like a kid who was trying to get more love from an adult he adored and loved a lot. Luhan chuckled at his reaction.

 

 

 

Just within a month Luhan got the hang of the job, he learnt how to make almost all types of coffee that the shop sells. As usual Luhan was collecting empty cups for washing. Before he could even reach the sink safely, he tripped and the tray of cups in his hands fell off. Sehun thought the cups in his hands would go to waste just like that but in a blink of an eye, the cups return back into Luhan’s tray. The younger latter gaped in awe.

 

“I thought… But I… You… I… How… Where are you really from, hyung?” Luhan’s lips curled up in a u-shape and moved closer to him.

 

“It’s a secret.” He whispered in his ears, earning a chuckled from the younger boy.

 

There’s still a lot I don’t know about…

 

 

 

Luhan ignored the oncoming traffic and dashed to the middle of the road to save the small puppy. The screeching sound was deafening to the ear, Luhan didn’t try to run away from the oncoming truck because he knows he won’t die and his power would be able to stop it in time. Sehun, who was across the street, dropped the two ice cream cones that were in his hands, the only thing that was in his mind was his Hyung’s safety.

 

He rushed to him, pushing Luhan away and replaced his position. He shut his eyes and waited for the impact but the impact never came. He took a small peek, the van stopped right in front of him only a few inches away from his body.

 

“Watch where you are going!” the drive scowled. Luhan quickly dragged Sehun with him to the road side where it’s safe. The accident that happened just now almost stopped Luhan’s heartbeat.

 

“Do you know how reckless you were just now? You almost died!” He reprimanded but with a very worried tone. Sehun was his first close friend on earth. He was someone that he will lose, someone that will die. When he looked up, he met with a crying face.

 

“I’m just trying to protect you, Hyung. I don’t want you to die…” He timidly held onto his wrist, leaning his forehead on his shoulder, allowing his tears to seep through his clothes.

 

“Pabo, I won’t die…” He patted gently. He could feel the human boy shaking in his arms.

 

I’m an angel… Even if I got hit by the car I won’t die.

But you will…

I don’t want you to die…

 

 

 

“He looked quite perturbed by it.” Luhan asked worriedly. After that accident, Sehun frequently had nightmares in the night. He couldn’t sleep well, he couldn’t eat well. Luhan had to spend time calming him down back to sleep after a nightmare. No one got hurt yet he kept getting nightmares, Luhan didn’t understand. Joonmyun sighed and looked down.

 

“His parents died in a car accident when he was three.” It explained why until now he was still badly affected by the incident.

 

“It was raining very heavily that day, he cried for help but I couldn’t… I couldn’t save his parents. I didn’t have Yixing’s healing power.”

 

“You are someone important to him. He just need time to recover from that incident.” Luhan nodded.

 

 

 

It was rare to see the younger male sleeping in late. It was kind of a habit for the angel to wake up in the morning greeted by a warm good morning. He walked over to his little dongsaeng’s bed, only to find him couching into a circle. He reached out his hands to touch the younger male and found out his body temperature to be abnormally high.

 

“Joonmyun hyung!” He yelled. It was the first thing that it came in his mind. To look for someone, anyone to help him.

 

Luhan thought living on earth and acting as a Human would let him go through all the things a human would go through at least once in his life. He doesn’t know if it was fortunate or not, that he wasn’t able to get sick like how human would. Looking at how pale and uncomfortable Sehun was, he felt bitter.

 

“Luhan-ah, don’t worry it’s normal for a human to get sick. He’ll be fine a few days later after taking medicine.” Luhan bit gently on his bottom lip and nodded. He heard of a lot of stories where people die of different types of disease that was created by god to punish humans but Joonmyun had assured him it was just simple flu.

 

“I still need to go back to the shop to help. Take care of Sehun. Just remember to feed him medicine regularly and let have plenty of rest and water.” Luhan nodded again and took up the job of taking care of Sehun.

 

He doesn’t know what to expect, what he should really do since it’s his first time taking care of a sick human and not an angel. He heeds Joonmyun’s advice by feeding him medicine on time, give him plenty of water to keep him hydrated and let him rest. It was easy to feed him medicine and give him drink water but it was hard to get him sleeping.

 

Although Sehun was tired and feeling sleepy because of the pills, he couldn’t fell asleep like always. He lay down on the bed and closed his eyes but still unable to fall asleep.   

 

“Hyung… My head hurts.” He whined the nth times today. Sehun acted even more immature when he’s sick. Luhan doesn’t feel annoyed by his action. It only made him even more worried about Sehun’s health. Worried that he might not get enough sleep and worsen his condition.

 

“Lie down on my lap and sleep.” He cooed softly. While he caressed his hair strands, he healed Sehun’s fever. Even though fever was something that will recover two to three days later, but he couldn’t bear to watch the younger boy suffer.

 

 

 

Sehun finally mustered all his courage to confess his love for Luhan.

 

“I love you.” He mouthed before sealing up Luhan’s lips with his own. Luhan’s eyes widen. He didn’t expect him to love him. He thought he could push him away and reject him like how he did to Jongin but he couldn’t. It was not because Sehun was holding him tightly. Sehun only held on to his wrist gently and pressed his lips gently against Luhan’s.

 

Luhan find himself falling into it. He wrapped his arms around the younger male’s neck, deepening the kiss even further. Sehun was more than happy to receive it. His hands trailed up slowly from the angel’s hips to his waist.

 

“Hyung…” Sehun murmured. It was then Luhan became conscious of his action. He was actually kissing back. He was accepting a human’s love confession. He pushed the human away roughly.

 

What am I doing? Why am I returning back his kiss…

 

Sehun was confused why Luhan suddenly pushed him away. What does it mean? Does it mean he was rejecting him? He wanted to ask but the moment he looked into the older male’s eyes. Confused, fear was written all over.

 

“Hyung?” He reached out his hand to hold him but he flinched away immediately. Using own hands to touch the area where Sehun touched.

 

“Mianhae.” He muttered before running out into the rain.

 

He couldn’t believe it. He fell in love. He actually fell in love with a human. He shouldn’t have fallen in love with. It’s a sin. He’ll hurt Sehun, they’ll never be together. They’ll never have a happy ending.

 

Why… Why did I fall in love with him...?

 

He stopped himself from falling in love with Jongin but he couldn’t stop himself from falling in love with Sehun. Unknowingly the human stepped into his heart. He couldn’t take it out from his heart. He kept running, running to where his legs could take him. He only felt exhausted and tired when he reached the park.

 

He sat down alone on the bench under the rain. Hoping that the rain would wash some senses back to him and maybe washing away his feelings for Sehun. He heard footstep coming towards his way. He looked up and saw Sehun standing there with a closed umbrella in his hands. He was soaking wet like how Luhan was.

 

The moment he was standing in front of the angel, he opened the umbrella and sheltered him with it. 

 

“Don’t get wet.” He gently reminded. Sehun can run around and find him with the umbrella open but he was too worried about him that he didn’t even thought of opening the umbrella and sheltering himself first or carrying an extra umbrella with him. Before Sehun even turn around and walk away, Luhan threw the umbrella aside and wrapped his arms around Sehun tightly.

 

“Pabo…” He wrapped even tighter around him, Sehun wrapped his arms around his waist and leaned his chin on his shoulder.

 

 

 

“Kris Hyung, what are you doing here?” He never expected him to be here on earth. He looked anxious.

 

Did something happen in Heaven?

 

“I need you to break up with Sehun and come back to heaven with me.” He said it firmly. Luhan was shocked because it was Kris who wanted him to come to Earth to learn but now he’s taking him back.

 

“Why?” Luhan didn’t get it, the most important things was how did he know about Sehun when he didn’t even tell him anything about the boy.

 

“They know about your relationship with Oh Sehun. They want me to bring you back for punishment.” It then dawned on him. They… They are people whose rank was higher than Kris. If they didn’t find out about their relationship, Kris wouldn’t have known things about Sehun.

 

“But…”

 

“An angel from another team saw the two of you kissing that day. You should know that I don’t want to hurt you… Please.” It wasn’t a command. It was more like he was begging Luhan not to give him an option of hurting him. It was the first time Kris was acting like this. Luhan couldn’t reject but he didn’t want anything to happen to Sehun.

 

“I understand. I’ll go with you but let me see him for the last time to break up with him.” Luhan didn’t want Sehun to waste his whole life waiting for him. Waiting for someone that might never return. Kris nodded and looked at the shorter latter gratefully. Kris didn’t want to separate the two love birds but the situation wasn’t allowing him to do so.

 

“What are you doing here?” Joonmyun was standing at the door, looking at the two of them. Kris froze on the spot. He thought time would wash away those feelings he had for Joonmyun. He thought his feelings would have numbed after soon long, but it was all his wishful thinking.

 

The moment he saw Joonmyun standing in front of him, the urge of holding him in his arms and never let go was too strong. Too strong that he almost couldn’t control and moved. In this whole universe only Joonmyun can make him lose his cool and his rational. He clenched his fist tightly to hold back those urges. He could feel a throbbing pain in his heart. 

 

“I’ll be back later.” He then leapt off from the window, not turning back. Joonmyun wanted to follow but Luhan held him back.

 

“Joonmyun hyung, don’t.” Luhan begged. Joonmyun then kept back his wings and looked at Luhan anxiously.

 

“What happened?” Luhan shook his head gently, he sure hope he did so that he can still continue staying on Earth with Sehun. Kris came here to beg him to go back.

 

“They know about my relationship with Sehun.” Joonmyun was shocked. He didn’t expect that the higher rank angels would know.

 

“Luhan…” Tears in his eyes were threatening to fall.

 

“Hyung… Promise me that you’ll take good care of Sehun for me.” Joonmyun couldn’t promise this as it was the first time he saw Sehun being so serious in a relationship. Sehun really love Luhan a lot. Too much that he can’t guarantee that Sehun will get over with their relationship.

 

“Please…” He pleaded desperately.

 

“I’ll try.” Joonmyun then hugged Luhan in his arms, allowing the younger angel to cry in his arms.

 

 

 

Luhan was supposed to meet Sehun but before he can even go out to meet him Kris came unexpectedly. The younger latter was waiting in the rain for an hour just because Luhan told him to meet outside the building. He didn’t bother hiding under any shelter because he was worried that Luhan might not be able to spot him and leave.

 

The moment he saw Luhan walking towards him with a blue umbrella in his hands, he brightens up immediately. The usual innocence smile spread across his face, the smile that Luhan told him once he really liked it. The angel didn’t smile back, he couldn’t bring himself to smile back.

 

Knowing that Sehun have been standing in the rain waiting for him because he told him so, Luhan couldn’t bring himself to hurt him. How can he hurt such naïve and gullible man?  He stupidly stood under the rain just because he told him to wait here for him.

 

“Hyung, let’s go.” Sehun wanted to hold his lover’s hand but was slapped away mercilessly. He didn’t get it, why did he reject him. The angel avoided his stares because he didn’t want to remember his despondent expression.

 

“Let’s break up.” He muttered but was loud enough for Sehun to hear despite the heavy rain.

 

“You are joking right? It’s not a very funny joke, Hyung.” Sehun faked a small laugh to cover up his fearful feeling. Hoping it’s some kind of sick joke he was playing.

 

“No, I’m not.” He said coldly without looking at Sehun’s eyes.

 

“Why?” His voice trembled as he asked.

 

“Because my lover came to Korea for me and I’m going back with him.” He lied. Sehun stayed silence as his head was trying to process his sentence.

 

“Mianhae for using you…” He turned around left Sehun alone in the rain. It hurts a lot more than he expected, it felt as if he couldn’t breathe. Luhan did not even turn back once to look at Sehun because he was afraid he might regret and went back to Sehun’s side.

 

Forgive me, Sehun.

 

Sehun stayed under rain. His tears mixed with the rain drops that were flowing down his cheeks.


I'll post the second part in the later day :D

I wrote this story a year back only managed to finish the ending this year...