Prologue

Young Money

Hi everyone!  I'm back again.  I know I have this habit of creating stories and not finishing them.  But, let's see hoe this one goes.  Please enjoy!  This is a primarily Wootae, Taecfany, Khuna, Jaysica, Junhyo, and Yulhae fanfic.  Please comment!  I love feedback.  I hope you enjoy.

This first chapter was inspired by Reply 1997.

***

 

2024

 

“Today is the JEPS’s, also known as Jang Elite Private School, class of 2014’s ten year reunion.  As many may know, the class of 2014 was particularly noted for creating a remarkable bunch of important, social, and brilliant young people that contributed to South Korea’s economy and fame such as Jang Wooyoung, Ok Taecyeon, Hwang Tiffany, Jung Jessica, Lee Junho, Kim Hyoyeon, and the notable underdog Kim Taeyeon.  The alumni are meeting at Hotel Platinum ballroom tonight as we speak.  Reporting from Gangnam-do, Choi Sooyoung.”

 

Hotel Platinum was, and still is currently, the most-well known and high end hotel in all of South Korea.  It was a five-star hotel with quality service that customers found truly delightful and wonderful.  Seoul’s Hotel Platinum was placed in the middle of Gangnam and was hard not to notice.  It was a tall building with fifty floors, walls made of complete glass, and impeccable taste in each beautiful room.

 

On the top floor, there was a beautiful ballroom that overlooked Seoul at its finest.  The flooring was made of shiny and hard wood, but sprung, enough for ballroom dancing.  On the terrace that wrapped around the ballroom, there was an infinity pool that also wrapped around the length of the ballroom.  It was a sight for sore eyes… or 20/20 eyes.  It’s mostly used for gatherings, galas, conventions, and notably high end parties.

 

And currently, the Hotel Platinum’s exclusive ballroom was yes, in fact, being used for a high school reunion party.

 

But this was no ordinary high school reunion party.  It might as well have been the party hosted by Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight.  Women were dressed in designer gowns made of expensive silks, while men wore shoes more expensive than most people’s monthly living expenses.  There was a live jazz band playing the soft, yet soulful music as the perfectly lit room competed with the bright city.

 

Kim Taeyeon, the 29 year old beauty, currently just walked in.  She wore a long dark dress with halter straps that tied at the back of her neck.  She had her hair tied up in a tightly wound knot at the back of her head.  Her dress pooled at her feet as she was escorted in the room.  She looked marvelous, still retaining her image as a pure and innocent beauty.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

“Kim Taeyeonnie!”

 

“Taeyeon-ah!”  

 

Taeyeon greeted her old high school friends kindly as she passed by them.  She gave them hugs and gave one-handed high-fives while she held her dress up a little to prevent her from tripping.  Most of the people actually gave her a lot of during her high school days, but were kind now.  It’s funny how things changed.   

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon knew that voice anywhere.  She turned around to see her best female friend, Hwang Tiffany.  Tiffany was just as stunning as Taeyeon, but in a different way.  If Taeyeon was pure and innocent, then Tiffany was cool and sophisticated.  Tiffany had her long maroon-ish hair swooped to her left shoulder in gentle fashion.  She wore a short navy dress that only reached mid-thigh, but had three-quarter sleeves.  The dress was tight enough to be second skin, not many could look good in this get-up, but Tiffany definitely could.

 

“Oh, it’s been a long time, Tiffany,” Taeyeon smiled as the two girlfriends hugged each other.  “You look pretty.”

 

“Awe thank you,” Tiffany smiled, showing off her trademark eye-smile.  She then looked at her friend curiously.  “You do too, but did you gain weight?”  She asked in a joking manner.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and huffed, “Shut up.”

 

“She has a point, you know,” another familiar voice added.  “You look… fuller.”

 

The voice belonged to the doe-eyed uljjang Im Yoona,.  She wore a strapless champagne pink empire dress with a white ribbon tied around her waist.  Her light brown hair flowed naturally down past her shoulders. 

 

“Im Yoona!”  The two girls smiled happily. 

 

They hugged their high school friend, but Taeyeon glared at Yoona right afterwards.  “Ah, no I didn’t.”

 

“Didn’t what?”

 

The girls turned around to see Jay Park.  The girls were surprised to see their Jay-sunbae here, since he was no apart of the class.  But, happy nonetheless. He wore a gray button-up shirt with a pair of black slacks.  He looked very modern, yet classy. 

 

“Jay-oppa?”  Tiffany asked curiously as she looked at him appraisingly before greeting him with a high-five.  In English she asked, “What are you doing here?”

 

“My date brought me along,” he smiled cheekily, causing the girls to scoff at his corniness.

 

“No one cares, Jay.”

 

This time, it was Jessica Jung, the cold beauty that never changed.  She was in a violet colored short sleeved dress that flowed prettily. 

 

“Sica Jung… always the ice princess,” Jay grumbled to Yoona, who laughed into a closed fist.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes as she greeted her friends.  Though they did not get along during their high school days, the girls and Jessica now were much closer. 

 

“Awe so cute, cold Tiffany and colder Jessica are hugging. It warms my heart.”  The sarcastic remark belonged to the jokster, Lee Junho.  He was in a simple, yet crisp gray suit with a black bow tie.  With a large polaroid camera, he took a picture of the moment.

 

“Yah, Junho-ah, it’s 2024 - why do you still use that polaroid?”  Taeyeon asked with her hands on her hips.

 

Instead of answering the question, Junho looked at her appraisingly as he began to ready his camera.  “Taeyeon, did you gain weight?”

 

“Someone is going to get killed,” Taeyeon threatened him with a closed fist. 

 

“Oh, and there she is: the poor girl I used to know,” The charming foreigner, Nichkhun, teased with a wide grin, bearing all of his teeth.

 

“Do you want to die?”  Taeyeon asked with a furrowed brow.

 

“You know, Nichkhun, you’re a lot of work behind that handsome face.”  Kim Hyoyeon, a chic young woman, sighed and caused Khun to chuckle to himself.  She was in a beautiful emerald green satin short sleeved dress with a black lace covering it.  Her hair was tied in a tight slick pony tail.       

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, did you loose weight?”  Yoona asked curiously.

 

“I haven’t slept much this week because of tech rehearsals for the new show,” revealed Hyoyeon, who let out a long yawn afterwards.  “And not much eating either.”

 

“Ah, Hyoyeon-ah, you should eat more,” Jay insisted.  “That can’t be healthy.”

 

“I know, I know,” she sighed, waving off the thought. 

 

Junho wrapped an arm around her waist.  “Baby, you really should though.”  Yes, Junho and Hyoyeon were dating and had been dating since the end of their junior year of high school.

 

“Ew, not here,” complained Nichkhun, gagging at the sight.

 

“But what about when we do it, Khunnie,” Yoona complained cutely to Nichkhun, who had been her boyfriend since the first year of high school.  Out of all their friends, they were the longest-running couple. 

 

“It’s cute when we do it only,” Nichkhun smiled at her before pressing a kiss to her cheek.

 

“I’m going to need another drink,” muttered Tiffany, in a disgusted tone, as she began twirling her empty champagne glass.

 

“Admit, Tiffany, we are cute,” Hyoyeon giggled.

 

“Yeah no,” Taeyeon scoffed with a playful smirk. 

 

“So mean.”

 

“These two are the meanest.”

 

The first voice belonged to the bad boy Ok Taecyeon, the owner of this fine establishment that they were now in.  He was in a white button up and black slacks with a dark navy tie. 

 

The second voice came from the handsome Jang Wooyoung, the vice president of Jang Corporations.  He wore white button up and black slacks as well, but he also added an open black blazer. 

 

“I’m delightful,” Taeyeon countered innocently, knowing that it was not the truth. 

 

“Yeah no…” Wooyoung mimicked as the group laughed. 

 

“Well, the gang is all here,” Taecyeon noted.  “Selca?”

 

“Yah, Taecyeon-ah, how old are we?”  Jessica asked in a scolding tone. 

 

Taecyeon shrugged as he pulled out his phone.  “Selfies never get old, Jung Sooyeon.  Never.”

 

“Whipped out the Korean name,” Jay snickered.  “It’s critical now.”

 

Jessica gave Jay a glare. 

 

Taecyeon passed it Taeyeon since she was in the head of the group.  She put up high above her head to get everyone and flipped the camera lense to point them.  It was just like high school at this point.  And right before she was about to click it, Wooyoung asked:

 

“Taeyeon-ah, did you gain weight?”

***

PLEASE COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!