Denim Jeans

Shots of Love-One Shot Collection

*Sigh* Well, today is the day before prom and I still don't have a date. What is worse is that Taeyeon, my best friend, has one. Now it is either I go alone or I don't go at all. Hardy laughter is heard behind me and I shift my gaze to the source if the sound. Ugh, it's Leeteuk, the one who took TaeTae away from me. 

"Fany-ah!" Taeyeon motions to make me go over to her. I silently walk to her with a slight smile painted on my face. She had her everyday ripped denim jeans on, but, even being her best friend for years, she never explained why she liked them so much.

"Hey, Fany, are you going to the dance tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked, clueless, like always.

"Hmmm... Maybe." I answered, pretending to give the question some thought.

"...Okay... I'll see you tomorrow..." Taeyeon quietly responded and shuffled back to Leetuek.

__________________________________

Ergh, today was prom night and I decided not to go because I didn't want to see Taeyeon have fun with him. I was about to roll out of bed when my phone vibrated. I took it and checked the caller's ID:

Jessi Sooyeon

"Yes?" I picked up in English.

"Are you going to the prom t'night?" Jessi questioned, speaking in the same langauge.

"No, why?" I fired back another question, while switching back to Korean.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out there together... Not like a date or something because we have nothing else to do. What do you say, Tiff?"

"Jess, I thought you were going with Donghae?"

"Don't even mention that jerk's name." Jessica growled at me.

"I won't ask any further. And sure I will go with you."

"Great! Pick me up around 7!" And with that Jess hung up.

"We'll time to start the day and get ready for prom."


I strolled into the school's gym with Jessi. The music was blasting and chatter was everywhere. I scan the the room for Tae and she is the easiest person to spot out. Why? Well, she is the only one to wear jeans! 

"Hey, Tiffany and Jessica!" A tan body came skipping to us.

"Oh. Hey, Yul." Jess and I both greeted. 

"So what are you doing this fine evening?" Yuri slung an arm over Jessica.

"Going to prom. Like you are." Jessica nervously asked, sneaking peeks at the position of Yuri's arm on her.

"Where is Sooyoung? I thought you were going with her?" My eyes roamed around the crowd to find that giant.

"Sooyoung? We weren't going to as a couple or anything... She just ditched me because Sunny got dumped by Sungmin and Sooyoung stayed. Wanted to comfort her. She told me to find you guys or somebodyelse to hang out with." 

"Oh. Well... In that case, I'll s-stay w-with you." The ice princess offered. 

"Alright, thanks! Is that okay with you, Tiffany?" Yuri accepted and questioned.

"Actually, I got to go somewhere right now." I replied, when I realized Taeyeon sitting alone. I walked up to her and spotted a frown on her flawless face. 

"Hey, Tae. What's wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"I'm fine." But her actions said differently. I sat down next to her and she instantly put her head on my shoulder, crying. 

"Tae, who did this to you?" I nudged her gently, but inside me I was boiling to the top. Whoever did this to Taeyeon was going to pay.

She pointed him. "Leetuek." 

I peered over to his direction: He was dancing with five other girls and none of the other girls minded sharing him. I clenched my jaw and prepared to slap him. When I was about to get up, my best friend pulled me back down. "You don't need to do that, Tippani. I got to go." She headed out of the gym and I wanted to follow. Unfortunately, my legs couldn't move, they felt like 100 pound weights.


After months, Taeyeon and Tiffany were back to normal. Summer was approaching, along with ANOTHER prom.


"Hey, Tae, are you going to the dance today?"

"Well, I am waiting for a certain someone to asked me, Fany."

"And who is that?" I asked with sudden curiosity.

"You will only find out if sh- I mean he asked me."

Taeyeon may have thought that she completely covered it up when she was going to say 'she' not 'he', but I heard it.

I took a deep breath. "In that case, Tae, would you like to go to the dance with me?"

Her eyes widened in shock "You mean as in a friendly manner or...?"

"Yes, as in a couple." I assured.

A grin flashed across our faces and she nodded. 'She accepted, she accepted, she accepted, she accepted.' Was all that's as going through my mind.

"Pick you up around 6:30! Bye!" Se waved and skipped to exit. We were the happiest girls on earth.


When we got out of the car, I realized something different about her. 

"Oh my God!" I gasped.

"What?" She worriedly asked.

"You are wearing a skirt! You are not wearing jeans!"

She giggled back. "I have my reasons."

"Then what is your reason?"

Silence was engaged when Taeyeon chose not to tell me the answer. Soon we entered the gym and we decided to go by our friends to hang out for a little while. After that, people have started to request soft songs to the DJ. 

"May I have this dance?" Taeyeon, being a gentlewoman, she offered me her hand. I gratefully took it and was taken to the center of the dance floor. We weren't the best dancers, but dancing to a slow song is easy. 

 

"TaeTae~"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Why do you always wear those jeans?"
 
"I have my reasons," Taeyeon teased.
 
"-__- Seriously, Tae."
 
"Okay, okay~ I only wear skirts and dresses on special days."
 
"Special days? You mean like your birthday?"
 
"No, like when a pretty someone goes to the dance with me," Taeyeon said with a smirk.
 
"Oh, is that why you didn't wear anything special when you went with Leeteuk?"
 
"Yup, he was expecting me to wear something revealing. I didn't, so he just ignored me."
 
"You know, this evening... I asked you to come here with me, but..." I blushed, the thought of truly confessing was hard, but I had to do it.
 
Taeyeon seemed to understand what was going through my mind, she beat me to it. "I love you, Tiffany," Taeyeon grinned.
 
I stood closer to her, "I love you too, Taeyeon."
She closed the gap between us and...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She kissed me...