Exasperated

The Angels

"I don't know how long I can keep doing this." Kris panted, flying exhaustedly, joining back up with the others.

"I'm sorry Kris this is the last time!" Su Ho apologized, flying over to Kris.

The flock had run into a couple of the Shadows and instead of running, Su Ho had tried to take them, trusting their powers. In the end Kris had to fly away in the other direction distracting the Shadows, making them follow him and letting the others escape. Kris had the talent of being able to fly at the speed of light, being granted the power of Flight by the Five Angels.

"It takes too much power out of me." Kris heaved, lagging a bit behind the others with Su Ho at his side.

"We should land soon anyways." Su Ho said, supporting Kris, making it a bit easier to fly.

"What I'm saying is that we can't put so much faith in our powers." Kris coldly said, "the Shadows that are being sent against us are too powerful, they are meant to face off the Five Angels."

"Then we just have to train more." Su Ho concluded.

"Is it even worth rebelling?" Kris sighed, he was tired, and felt his wings slowing.

"We must." Su Ho demanded, pulling Kris up.

"They're going to eventually catch us and all that rebelling and talks of The Lost Angel?" Kris said, "are going to be nothing but dreams."

"Have a little faith will you?" Su Ho sighed, "I can make this work out I swear."

"I've heard the same thing for the past ten years." Kris frowned.

"Kris just give it a bit more time." Su Ho begged, staring the older straight in the eye.

"Fine." Kris gave in, he didn't know where he would go if he left the flock anyways, they were his family, they were his life.

"Xiumin!" Su Ho yelled to the front of the flock. "Find a good place the land yet?" Xiumin was Su Ho's second in charge, Kris being the first.

"Yeah, I see a little area that is covered with trees." Xiumin called back, he began to escalade downwards. The rest of the flock soon followed downwards.

"You ready?" Su Ho asked Kris, who just nodded as they escaladed down.

Once they landed, Su Ho let go of Kris, who collapsed onto a rock.

"Lay!" Su Ho called frantically. Lay came running over, he began to inspect Kris for any wounds.

"Just fatigue." Lay smiled, "nothing a good meal and rest can't fix."

"Same as the last time?" Su Ho asked.

"Pretty much." Lay shurgged. This was the second time Kris collapsed from fatigue and it began to worry Su Ho.

"We'd better get some food ready." D.O said looking at the sky. "Sun's gonna set soon and twilight is the best time to conceal the smoke from our food."

The Shadows never hunted for them during twilight, Su Ho had supposed that they retreated back to their headquarters to their master. They hunted the worse in the mornings, okay in the afternoon, completely M.I.A in twilight, but were skilled and quick at night. Twilight was the only time that EXO could rest and take a breather, and that was only a few hours of each day.

"Right." Luhan nodded, he opened the food pack he had been holding and took out some of the contents.

"No we can't eat our canned food." Su Ho said as Luhan pulled out some of the cans. "We need those for when we actually need them."

"There's a river nearby." D.O announced as he touched the ground and saw the perimeter of the area.

"Great." Su Ho said as he gathered a small group to go get the fish.

"I need Xiumin, Chen, and Tao." He said, gathering the other members.

"D.O you're in charge right now, get the fire ready with Chan Yeol and try to make some side to the fish." Su Ho instructed.

"Okay, the river is to the west of the area." D.O added as he began rummaging through some of the food packs.

"Sehun which way is west." Xiumin asked.

Sehun closed his eyes for a few seconds and pointed to the right, "there."

"Thanks." Su Ho said smiling, Sehun was usually never helpful and always so quiet and distant, at least he could help them in some way.

Once the group was gone, everyone got to work setting up camp and prepping for dinner.

"Should I go set the Light border?" Baek Hyun asked, he was in charge of setting up the Light border, it protected them from the Shadows at night who could never pass through it. The Light border held the goodness and pureness of the Five Angels and only members of the flock or the Five Angels could pass through it. But Baek Hyun's Light border could only last them the whole night, then he had to recharge again when the sun was at the highest position in the sky. The Light border was slowly increasing in power and lasting longer but EXO could never stay in one general area for too long.

"Sure, I'll acompany you." Kai answered, following Baek Hyun. Ever since that one incident when Baek Hyun went alone to set the borders and was nearly captured, someone always needed to go with him to guard his back.

"Sehun can you help chop these vegetables?" Luhan asked the younger who was sitting on a rock nearby staring into space. Within an instant, the wind summonded by Sehun chopped the vegetables that were on the chopping board. "Thanks" Luhan said dumping the chopped vegetables into a pot filled with water.

"Chan Yeol!" D.O summoned, calling the tall boy over.

"So soon? I was trying to get some of the Shadows muck out of my wings."Chan Yeol complained showing his white wings that were tainted with some splotches of black.

"Just light the fire you fool." D.O sighed looking over at his own wings, they too were covered with some traces of the Shadows, he would have to wash it out later.

Chan Yeol laughed and a fire exploded from his hands as he carefully lit the little pile of wood that D.O had placed.

"Thanks." D.O said as he lifted the pot and placed it over the fire, quickly creating rock stilts to keep it up.

Kai and Baek Hyun soon returned and the side for the fish was almost ready.

"We're back!" Chen exclaimed, holding a makeshift basket filled with fish.

"How's Kris?" Su Ho asked. Everyone had forgotten the older who had collapsed on the rock, when everyone turned to the rock, Kris was still sleeping.

"Let's cook the fish." D.O said snatching up the basket and quickly running over to Luhan.

Luhan used his telekinesis and lifted all the fish and ran a skewer made of thin metal through them, then set it on the fire.

D.O began to sprinkle some salt and such a top of the fish and turned it occasionally.

"We should wake gege." Tao said gesturing to Kris.

"YOU want to wake him this time?" Xiumin said in disbelief.

"No way last time I tried he punched me on accident." Tao shook his head.

"Baek Hyun?" Xiumin suggested.

"No way!" Baek Hyun called from his position on a rock, "he threatened to steal the eyeliners I got that one time."

"You mean stole." Chan Yeol corrected.

"The Shadows were burning the store down anyways." Baek Hyun dissmissed, "it would've burned as well."

"Right." Chan Yeol said rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, how about you Xiumin? Just freeze him awake." Tao suggested.

"I like my life thanks." Xiumin said throwing his arms up.

"Sehun do you want to-"

"No." Sehun replied. Sehun rarely talked unless talked to and he only answered in short words.

"Luhan why don't you try to wake Kris up." Tao asked.

"I prefer him sleeping rather than awake." Luhan simply replied. "Besides waste of telekinesis plus he'd be super pissed once he wakes up, last time I chucked that rock at him did not exactly end well."

"Oh my angels just let me." Su Ho said, tired of the disputes, he walked over to Kris and poured a trickle of water on his face.

"What I'm awake!" Kris yelled getting up and wiping his face with his right arm, his wings spread out and he stood in an attack position.

"It is as easy at that." Su Ho said proudly, "anyways, dinner."

"Oh." Kris answered, he retracted his wings and walked over to the fish and the soup that D.O, Luhan, and Sehun (half-heartedly) made.

Luhan used his telekinesis and began to serve everyone, rock bowls and sticks with fish were flying around.

Everyone ate happily. It was considered a great meal for them, better than eating nothing or canned food. Even Sehun looked almost pleased, the sides of his mouth almost curling into a smile, but it quickly retracted.

"Remember that time when we had samgyupsal in Korea?" Chan Yeol asked smiling, "it was so good."

Everyone sighed, that one time when they had found a nice place to eat without the Shadows on their tail was nice.

"Don't remind me." Kris sighed, he loved the samgyupsal from that place and he had only eaten it once.

"Just enjoy the food you have now." Su Ho said.

"It's not that bad." D.O added.

"I never said it was!" Chan Yeol defended.

Once everyone had finished, they turned in for the night well some of them, two of them would always take watch and switch off throughout the night. Luhan and Sehun took the first watch of the night.

Sehun stood warily next to Luhan as they both watched in the camp.

"Are you tired?" Luhan asked, looking over at Sehun but could barely see his face.

"I'm fine." Sehun answered quietly, wary of not waking the others, he suddenly swayed a bit and fell into Luhan, their wings brushing.

"You're obviously not okay, you're practically dead on your feet." Luhan pointed out supporting Sehun by putting one of Sehun's arms around his neck and grabbing his waist.

"It's okay my feet just fell asleep." Sehun lied, the truth was that he was dead tired. Everybody was.

"So will the rest of you soon, just go sleep I'll take the watch alone." Luhan urged.

"No." Sehun insisted.

"Please." Luhan begged, his eyes sparkling in the darkness. He dragged Sehun to a soft patch of grass and laid him down there.

"Hyung." Sehun said as Luhan walked away to resume his post, suprising Luhan, Sehun never called any of his elders "hyung" or in fact talked to them.

"Thank you." He said quietly.

"Just sleep." Luhan ordered.

This was how it went everytime Luhan had watch with Sehun, they would talk, but tonight Sehun talked less due to almost falling asleep.
 This was also why Luhan was so friendly towards Sehun, everyone else just avoided him, letting him just do what he does. But not Luhan, he would never let someone ignore him like that.

Luhan stood there on watch until something caught his eye, something glowing in the darkness of the night.

"What the heck?" He yelled, "GUYS! WAKE UP!"


Hehe first chapter! I'm excited for this story I have the whole plot in my head and everything

I threw Hunhan at you pretty soon didn't I? Not exactly cannon yet though you have to wait :)

Anways comment and subscribe please~

Saranghae~