Part 4/4

The Gifter

 Here's the last part of The Gifter! Happy New Year, Everyone!! xDD

**********************************************************

 

As soon as I stepped into my house, my mother demanded to know where I had been, and not because she was even worried. It was more like she wanted to make me her own personal slave than anything else . . . as usual.

"Hyukjae, where have you been?!" she called when I announced my presence. "I need some kimchi!!"

I sighed as I trudged my way into the kitchen, appearing before her in her apron, holding onto her special spatula.

"I was at my school, Mom." I explained, "And there's something special planned there, so I don't have any time to get kimchi. I need to get ready instead." I put on my best smile as I refused her, afraid of her disapproving face. With that, I walked out of the kitchen only to turn around at the last second and add,

"Oh, and you're coming with me, so get ready. We leave in half an hour, SO GET A MOVE ON, WOMAN!" Unsurprisingly, I expected the spatula that connected with my forehead and sent my body reeling fast into the livingroom.

Before I did anything, I checked desperately to see if there was any sign of blood dripping down the middle of my face. When all was clear, I  in a sharp lung-full of air and hollered in pain for all I was worth.

"Ouuuuuuch! What in the world was that for?!?!?" I whined loudly, although I was well aware of the reason why.

"You and your big mouth, pabo! I am your mother. You do NOT order me around!" I pouted at her as she stood there staring at me, tapping her foot in an angry fashion on the tiled kitchen floor.

"Sorry, Mom. . ." I mumbled with my head down, "Then, will you please get ready and come with me?" When I looked back up again, she was smiling like she'd just found a diamond ring.

"That's better, honey. Of course I'll come with you!" She exclaimed, walking past me quickly, "Be done soon." And just like that, she was gone and I was left alone, staring after her just outside of the kitchen entrance, amazed that my mother's bipolar attitude truly does define her as the genuine kitchen-witch. . .

As soon as I was able to snap out of my thoughts, I ran to my room and got ready with a shower, guy-liner, black skinny jeans, and a red v-neck within 15 minutes, happy that I had so much time to spare. Today, I was ready to look my best and give my best, because I have so many special things planned.

I just hope everything goes right.

"Mom, are you ready?" I asked as I was coming down the stairs and saw her entering the livingroom from her room which was downstairs on the first level.

She nodded at me and answered, "Yes, I'm ready."

"Good, because I am too. Let's go." I was very eager to just leave and be there already.

Before I had left my room, I had already called Ryeo to tell him to be ready, because we'd be there soon to pick him up at his house. Once he joined us in the car, we headed to the school, getting there within a short ten minutes, and by then, I was already bouncing up and down impatiently in my seat.

"It looks like everyone is here. I'm so excited." I exclaimed as we all got out after my mom parked the car. There were already lots of cars lined up in front of the school and a few behind the front gates.

Hurrying across the lot and into the school, we make our way to the English classroom and find everyone (six classes of students, AKA a crapload of people) standing around chatting outside of it. Just when we arrive, Leeteuk-ssi takes the keys he'd been holding onto and unlocks the classroom door, letting me know that he'd been waiting for me.

While he enters, I stretch my neck a little, looking around in order to spot one person in particular. My search was fulfilled when I found him sort of surrounded by a group of friends, talking happily while waiting entrance to be allowed. I imagine Leeteuk-ssi was checking out everything to see if anything was out of place before he finally allowed us all entrance into the classroom.

"Okay, students," he addressed, smiling his dimpled smile, "You can come in now." 

Everyone took no time in filing into the room one by one, and upon seeing what the room looked like - decorated (very blue) from high to low with streamers, snowflakes, sprinkles of confetti and a display of around six presents and cards on each desktop - they all let out multiple 'oohs' and 'ahhs'.

"Mr. Park, you did all of this for us?" Asks a brightly smiling Sungmin with twinkling eyes, "You, are the best teacher ever!" he then exclaimed without Leeteuk-ssi even answering.

I smiled at this and couldn't help but join in on the multiple sounds of admiration and appreciation, looking around as if this hadn't been done just a couple of hours before. I was genuinely happy that no one knew it was me who bought all of the gift and spent a fortune of both my time and lottery money on them. Their smiles and happy laughs at some of their other friends' ridiculous gifts was enough of a happy sight for me to enjoy than being recognized for what I had done.

"Wow, Honey," my mother suddenly joined me at my side and whispered in my ear, "Your teacher is so cool I like him!" I rolled my eyes and turned my body to look at her, but I couldn't deny what she'd said.

Mr. Park - Leeteuk-ssi - is undoubtedly the best teacher I've ever had.

"Yeah, he is." I responded to her and added, "Mom, can I talk to you, Ryeo, and Leeteuk-ssi for a minute?"

The three of them spoke a simple, "Sure," in unison just a second before my mom leaned into my ear again and whispered,

"You call your teacher by his first name?" I sighed and gave her my most appropriate answer,

"It's a long story. . ." The real story is actually as long as follows: My English teacher is weird. . .

Once my mom, Ryeo, and Leeteuk-ssi were facing me, standing beside one another, I began talking and presenting what I had planned.

"Leeteuk-ssi" I started with him, "I would like to thank you again for all of your support and most definitely all of the help you gave me. I have a gift for you, to portray my gratitude."

I handed him the carefully wrapped box I'd had hidden in the backpack I took along with me. He unwrapped it and opened it, exclaimed loudly as he saw the mug I had personalized for him together with Ryeowook. He smiled blindingly at me.

"Oh, Hyukjae. You really didn't have to get me anything . . . but since you did, thank you so much. I love it." He hugged me briefly before going off to place it on his desk and then join some of his students. Next, I turned to face my tiny friend.

"Here, Ryeo, this is for you." I said, handing him the huge box that I somehow fit into my bag along with the others, "Thank you for being the best friend a man could ever have."

"Yah! You're making it sound like I'm a dog!" he shouted as he was getting ready to unwrap his present. I laughed.

"I'm joking, Ryeo. I really do love you, man." I finished while he tore the wrapping paper off and, just like Leeteuk-ssi, exclaimed in happiness once he saw what I'd gotten him.

"Awww, Hyuk, you really do know me best!!" he yelled and held the sterling silver baking set I'd gotten him out at eye-level so he could view it better, "I'll treasure this gift, and you will be the first person I'll bake something for. I love you too, Monkey!" He then set the box down and hugged me with glistening tears in his eyes.

I laugh because I know he's such a drama queen, but I almost stop as I feel something like a BIG- burning into the back of my head from behind somewhere. After I finish hugging Ryeo, I look around to see if someone had indeed been looking at me, but there's no one I could see.

Finally, I turn to the last person standing beside me - my mom. I start by saying my cheesy but totally true words.

"Mom, you are the most beautiful person I've ever known to live in this world, and I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for being my mom. I treasure your presence by my side everyday, and, as your dearest son, I want to say that I love you."

I passed her the gift that I'd gotten, waiting to see the reaction she would give me. Tears welled and spilled over from her eyes as she unwrapped and studied the girft I'd given her.

"Hyuk, why are you such a great son??" She spoke in between light, but happy sobs, "I've missed him so much," she said, referring to my father, who's been gone on a business trip for a little over a month and a half now, "Thank you. I love you so much!" She wipes her tears and hugs me tight.

I smile proudly, knowing I'd done a great job with my gifts. I'd given her a nice and smooth blanket with a huge picture of her, myself, and my dad copied onto it from the time when I'd been only six and we went on our first trip to Hong Kong. I knew it would mean a lot to her.

My mother then left to go show Mr. Park what I'd gotten her, the smile on her face made me want to hug myself into oblivion. Bringing her here to share the happiness and surprise was one of the best decisions I made today! But now that that heart-felt moment was over, the hardest part of my day was only just beginning.

I had one more gift left to give.

First, I search silently with my eyes, and then I pick my planted feet off the ground, swallow the nerves that were currently suffocating the space around my heart, and I walk over to a group of squealing girls and even two squealing guys - one who was the sometimes-evil, Sungmin, and the other who was my angelic love, Donghae.

I in air and tapped Donghae on the shoulder. He turned around to face me, his eyes going slightly wide.

"Donghae, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask slowly, "I have something to show you." He nods his head a bit and produces a wide smile for me.

"Sure, Hyukjae. Just let me grab my things first." He scurries a few desks over to retrieve both his clownfish and monkey plushies.

In my defense, his real clownfish and fishtank are at my house, and I couldn't bring myself to buy him a real monkey . . . And there was NO WAY IN HELL I was buying him A BOTTLE OF GLUE. . .

There was just no way. . .

Anyways, when he rejoined me, I immediately grabbed ahold of one of his wrists and began to drag him out of the classroom and through the hallways.

"Where are we going?" he asked as I turned a sharp corner and started heading straight for the staircase that headed for the school's roof. I ignored him and continued to drag him up the steps until we were facing the cold winter air that accompanied our entrance to the rooftop.

I finally let go of his wrist and walked over to a bench settled neatly in the middle of the wide-open expanse. He followed behind me slowly, and came to stand across from me at the other end of the bench so that we were facing each other, immediately dropping his jaw when he noticed the nice decorations that were wrapped around the bench, along with the large bouquet of red roses lying on top of it.

"Wh-What's going on?" he stuttered, blinking rapidly at me. I dropped my eyes from his gaze as my nerves started becoming unbearable.

I approached him, taking both his wrists this time to drag him over to the middle of the bench, and pulled him to sit down beside me on the bench. I turned to face him, took away his plushies, placed them beside the flowers, and took his hands in mine.

"Please, Hae, don't say anything." I nearly whispered, my nerves nearly killing me. But apparently Donghae didn't hear me.

"D-Did you just call me 'Hae'???" He croaked, face turning a red brighter than the burning sun. Me, being embarrassed that I accidentally let it slip, tried hard to keep myself from blushing as well by showing him a toothy smile.

"Didn't I say not to talk?" I said softly.

Hae's hand shot up to his mouth and he mumbled an apology behind his hand and mumbled another one after he realized he was still talking, and finally just shut up before he turned more red then died from a sudden heat in the winter. I would have laughed at his crushing cuteness if my heart wasn't beating so hard in my chest.

I took a deep breath, "Donghae, I've . . . I've had a crush on you for over three years now," I started slowly, looking him straight in the eyes, gauging each one of his reactions and hoping to all hell that they were good. His eyes got so wide, I thought they'd burst. His face somehow turned even more red.

Reason 1) He's flattered and it's good? . . . or 2)He's embarrassed and it's bad. I prayed for reason number one and continued, my thumbs rubbing unconscious circles on the surface of his hand.

"I've hidden this fact for so long, Hae, that I just can't hold it all in anymore. I love it when you're around me, and my skin tingles when you touch me, no matter how small the encounter. Your voice is like music to my ears, and your beauty is so Angelic, I wished at every turn to one day be able to call it mine,  but I . . . When you told me that you were in love with someone else, it hurt me down to my very core. I could hardly feel my heart beating in order to keep me alive, much less keep me sane."

I placed a finger on Donghae's lips as he opened his mouth to say something. I was not finished yet.

"It hurt and I lost every bit of confidence I had stored up in order to tell you how I felt someday. But during these first days of break, I realized that I had to say this now, or never . . . and face rejection later. I'll totally understand if you don't feel the same for me . . . or already feel this way for another." I forced myself to say.

Finally, I took another strong, deep breath and literally go down on one knee, pulling a small blue and golden-lined box from my coat pocket. I saw Donghae fidget a little, and, sweating, I extend my arms out to him and slowly open the box in my hands, ready to ask what I've been holding in for too long.

"Donghae, I-I . . . I love you so much. W-Will . . . Will you be my boyfriend?"

My eyes slowly meet his again, and I could hardly breath as my heart wouldn't listen to me and calm down, my hands shaking slightly.

Hae looks at me, tears in his eyes, his hands getting tangled with each other, and his sharp-looking teeth viciously prodding at his bottom lip. He doesn't say anything, just looks at me, and I could feel it in my heart already that he was going to reject me.

He'll think I'm weird. . .

Finally, he opens his mouth to give me an answer and I'm glad because I could feel the blood rushing to my head simply by feeling too nervous. I swear I'm about to pass out.

"H-Hyukjae, You . . . You don't even know how long I've wanted to hear that leave your lips. . ."

Wait. . . "Huh?" I utter stupidly.

Donghae smiled his beautiful smile at me, a tear leaving one of his teary eyes, "I would love to be your boyfriend, Hyukkie." Hyukkie, huh? . . . I like it. "You are the one I've loved all along."

I let out a huge lung-full of relieved air, restraining myself completely from jumping up and down and running around the rooftop like a damn idiot. Before I got up from my position on my knee, I slipped a ring on Donghae's pointer finger, and he slipped the other on mine. I sat beside him on the bench once again and kissed his hand happily before I did what I've dreamt about doing every night thus far.

I pinched his small chin between my fingers and turned his head to face me.

"Words can't begin to explain the things I'm feeling inside, right now." I leaned in so close, I could feel him breathing on my lips, just like before, though this time, I'll do what I wanted so badly to do that day. I could see clearly how red his face was.

I closed my eyes and whispered against his lips as he shivered, "You've just made me the happiest man on this planet, Hae."

And I finally kissed him, the love of my life, softly on those thin lips of his. I couldn't grasp the fact that this was actually happening right now, that I finally had him to myself.

That Lee Donghae was finally mine.

Our kiss was short and sweet, and when we pulled away, we simply stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity, yet never tiring.

Finally, I found the voice to speak out the rest of my sweet nothings to him, "Thank you, Hae, for accepting me," I said quietly, pulling him by the waist to sit sideways on my lap. I leaned my forehead on his, "I will treasure you just as delicately as if you were the very source of my last breath. Together forever, right?"

Donghae smiled, nodding his head against my forehead, making me laugh a bit, "Together forever. And if you ever come to think that my love for you will ever change someday, just know that it'll always and forever be you, Hyukjae. Still You."

We smiled again at each other, our smiles dumbly reaching far past our eyebrows and our eyes twinkling like the North Star itself. We then shared another short and loving kiss together.

"Oh! And by the way," Donghae suddenly broke the kiss, much to my disappointment, "BY NO WAY OF HAVING GOTTEN THIS INFORMATION OF MY OWN BY FOLLOWING YOU TODAY OR ANYTHING. . ." I just gave him a are-you-completely-dumb?look and listened on as he continued, "But I know that you're the one who brought all those presents back there. That was really nice of you."

"Thanks," I muttered, feeling embarrassed. Then Hae started shuffling around on my lap until he apparently found what he was looking for in his back pocket.

"Here's your present, Hyukkie. As a thank you." he said, holding two paper strips out to me.

"Hae, you're my present. I don't need anything else for Christmas." But Donghae only pouted and shoved his present in my face so close that I actually went cross-eyed and nearly went blind.

And if anyone asks, I did NOT almost pee my pants when I saw that my baby got me nothing other than SUPER JUNIOR CONCERT TICKETS!! KYAAAAAAAAA!!

"Hae, h-how did you get these?!" I asked loudly, as if he was not literally attached to me at the moment and was somewhere across the street.

He smirked proudly, "I have my ways. And just in case you're wondering, there's two because I suggest that you take somebody special with you.

"You mean Ryeo?!" I asked jokingly, but almost choked when I gulped harshly as my blood ran cold with the totally unamused glare he gave me. I then hugged him tighly, "I'm just kidding, baby, YOU'RE THE BEST DAMN BOYFRIEND EVER!!!"

I could tell by the way he answered me that he was smirking proudly again, "I know, I know. And I love you, too." he said, which suddenly caused me to think about something he'd said earlier:

'You are the one I've loved all along.'

I pulled away from the hug and eyed at him quizzically.

"Sooooo, let me get this straight . . . You never loved Eunseo to begin with?" I asked for clarification.

Donghae laughed aloud and scrunched up his little Rudolf nose in distaste. "No, Hyukkie. Never . . . She's a GIRL, you know!"

I pouted and glared fakely at him, "I take back what I just said, then!" I huffed, while he my back like I was a baby.

"Don't worry Hyukkie, I just got what I want, 'sall!" He smirked, "Just like how I keep saying Engrish when I know easily that it's actually pronounced English!"

I gasped and shot my head up to look at him, my mouth hanging open like a dead fish, "All this time, you knew?!" I bellowed.

He laughed, "Of course I knew. It was just my excuse to get closer to you." He pouted when I glared at him. "That's all. . ." He finished lamely.

My heart skipped several beats at the sound of his whiny voice and the sight of his pout combined, so I couldn't help myself when I spontaneously kissed his pout away.

"Who ever knew you were such a sneaky fish?" I asked, though I got slapped - hard.

"Yah! Who's a fish, you monkey!?" He pouted again and stared before we both broke out into loud laughter, mixing happiness into the stale winter air. Once we calmed down, Donghae turned to me, something else clearly on his mind.

"And there's something else I think you should know." he said seriously.

"What?" I asked, terribly curious. He was staring intently into my eyes.

"You," he jabbed his finger into my chest, "are my Christmas present. And I can get very possessive, of what is mine . . . Understand?"

I gulped and nodded my head quickly, suddenly afraid of what would happen when Ryeo properly met my Hae.  

                                                       The End

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Well that's it. Thanks for reading, and subscribing. :) and thanks EunHaeKyuMin1996 for the upvote ^^

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! *Throws Confetti*

Here is some EunHae to help make your New Year a little brighter. =D