Part 2

Love Song (harmony of our hearts♥)

“Auntie, why is Baekhyun sleeping in such an awkward position?” Chanyeol asked as he entered Baekhyun’s room the next day. Chanyeol mentally laughed at his bestfriend’s cuteness in such position where his head resting in the study desk, mouth open and drooling, slightly on the edge of his chair, arms spread, and legs crossed. It’s such an awkward position and Chanyeol wondered how did his bestfriend slept well in that position. It must be hard for him (considering his height and the desk’s lowness).

“Baekhyun dear, it’s already seven thirty in the morning. Chanyeol is here.” Baekhyun’s mother whispered to his ears as she tapped her son’s cheeks for him to wake up. The boy opened his eyes but the light was blinding him so it was hard for him to see his environment clearly. But as he realized what his mother had just said, he stood up aggressively and rubbed his eyes roughly so that he could see clearly already. “OMG mom! Chanyeol’s already in the house?” he shook his mother’s shoulders quite stronger than he thought. Mrs. Byun just laughed in his son’s action, because he knew that Baekhyun is just being a . “Uhmm, no actually. Uhmm, yes Chanyeol’s in the house but be specific dear. Chanyeol’s inside your room.” His mother addresses making him turn his sight to the door and clearly see the tall guy.

Baekhyun blushed madly in front of Chanyeol. “OMG!” Baekhyun blurted out not so loud but as loud as Chanyeol could hear. Baekhyun suddenly ran to his bathroom and hid there in embarrassment.

“I think he’s embarrassed.” Baekhyun’s mother said.

“Obviously.” Chanyeol replied and they both laughed until their happiness died.

But Chanyeol still wonders why his bestfriend just slept in the desk and not in his bed. And suddenly, papers in Baekhyun’s desk caught his attention. Some were crumpled, some were just neatly laid there with no writings, and one piece of paper with some writings in it laid.

Baekhyun’s mom just went to the kitchen when Chanyeol noticed those papers. He knew he shouldn’t mind other’s belongings but curiosity killed the cat. He went to the desk and grabbed the piece of paper with writings in it. The paper is wet from Baekhyun’s drooling but he didn’t care that much. Baekhyun even drooled in Chanyeol’s shirt when they were in the fifth grade.

 

^^^^^*****^^^^^

 

“GET OUT” Baekhyun shouted to Chanyeol.

“Why would I get out?” Chanyeol tilted his head looking innocent as he asked Baekhyun.

“AS YOU CAN SEE, I’M DONE SHOWERING AND I’M GOING TO CHANGE NOW, AND YOU’RE OBVIOUSLY INSIDE THE PLACE WHERE I’M GOING TO CHANGE!” Baekhyun said not changing the volume of his voice.

“But hyung, I’ve already seen you so many times! Remember, we’ve always been showering together when we we’re kids.” Chanyeol protested making Baekhyun’s cheeks go hot and red.

“JUST GET OUT OR I’LL KICK YOU DIRECTLY IN YOUR BALLS?”

“Ok fine fine fine Mr. Byun BaekDrool.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and ran outside Baekhyun’s room.

Baekhyun quickly closed the door and locked it in security that his dumb bestfriend wouldn’t enter in the middle of his changing process

Five minutes later, the boy had dressed in simple tight black pants, loose white v-neck shirt, thick eyeliners on, and some accessories. He was happy and nervous at the same time. He was happy because Chanyeol asked him out today for a date –oh scratch that- and nervous because he’s finally confessing his feelings for the guy. Oh speaking of confessing, Baekhyun snapped in reality that he slept while in the process of composing his song.

He rushed to his deck and looked for that piece of paper, but he didn’t find any, well not but some crumpled papers, not the actual paper he had written the song.

“Oh My Gosh” he cursed in his breath in realization that his song is missing!

Baekhyun ran downstairs in hurry, but Chanyeol interrupted him and grabbed his wrist. “You look so gorgeous baby” Chanyeol said giving Baekhyun a wink. Baekhyun blushed in his bestfriend’s action and give him a playful slap in his chest trying to escape his hold.
“Let go of me Channie, I’m going to ask mom.”

“Well, you promised me that you’ll be ready when I came here, but as you can see, you’re not ready when I just came in. So we’re an hour and a half late with our hang out. Come on hyung, there must be lots of people now in the arcade. You know how hard it is to enter the arcade when lots of people are already in.” Chanyeol blurted out before shouting “Goodbye Auntie. We’re going now!” and dragging Baekhyun outside the house. Baekhyun sighed in frustration.

They spent the first thirty minutes in the bus ride, another thirty minutes walking to the arcade, four hours of non-stop playing, and finally they stopped and grabbed some snacks. Baekhyun was so happy that he is spending his weekend with his love, but slightly sad because he wanted this to be more than a friend thing. He wanted to spend these times with Chanyeol being his lover, not just a friend. But for now, he’s happy with this, as long as he’s with Chanyeol.

“You enjoy hyung?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun as they continue eating their Big Size Bacon and Cheese Burger with fries and cola.

“Yes of course.” Baekhyun laughed.

“You know hyung, as long as I’m with you, every things we do is enjoyable and fun.” Chanyeol said to the older guy.

“Me too. As long as I’m with myself, everything is enjoyable.” Baekhyun said making the taller guy slap him playfully in the shoulders and pouting like a kid. “Yah, stop acting like a kid! Change your facial expression! It’s disgusting you know.” Baekhyun said gaining another slap from the guy next to him. They both laughed in their childish things.

After eating, they decided to have a walk to the park half kilometer away from the arcade, since the sun is about to set and it’s not that hot, actually, it’s a bit cold.

Baekhyun then grabbed the courage inside him and all the guts he had inside to already confess his feelings. But his thoughts discourages him. He was excited yet scared of what might happen next. Baekhyun stopped in front of a fountain near the park where children are playing and running around. Chanyeol snaped when Baekhyun stopped and looked in his bestfriend’s eyes with curiosity. “Why hyung? Is there a problem?”

With trembling knees and shivering hands, Baekhyun grabbed his courage to do and say the things he wanted to tell the other guy. *clears throat* “Uhmm, Channie, I have to tell you something.” He mumbled

“What is it hyung?” Chanyeol stepped closer to the small guy.

‘Come on Baekhyun, you can do it! Inhale – exhale – inhale – exhale! Go’ Baekhyun said in his mind as he encourages himself. “Cha-Channie, I-I Love y-you.” He stuttered while confessing. ‘what the !’ he thought

“I do love you too hyung.” Chanyeol replied cheerfully making the other guy look into him and shook his head. “No no Chanyeol. I mean, I love you…as in I love you more than a bestfriend should.” Baek looked down into the ground

“What are you saying hyung?” Chanyeol asked in a cheerful tone hoping that his bestfriend is just fooling around with him.

“Chanyeol, I’m in love with you.” He said looking into Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol searched for any signs that his bestfriend is actually just trolling around with him, but no, he didn’t find any. His bestfriend is totally serious with what he’s talking about. He became nervous this time, all he can see in Baekhyun’s eyes were hope. Hope that Chanyeol would love him back the way he wanted it to be. But how can Chanyeol do that…if he doesn’t like the guy in such way? That makes him nervous.

“H-hyung.”

Baekhyun looked up and saw his bestfriend’s facial expression. He knew him so much, he knew that face. He teared up and cried silently as he saw this…but cried more when he actually heard the words “I don’t like you the way you like me hyung” coming from the guy in front of him.

“Hyung I’m so sorry.”

“No, don’t be! Don’t apologize to me. You’ve done no wrong.” He quickly wiped his tears away and dried his face. “Just forget about what I’ve said earlier okay? I hope that this wouldn’t change anything between us.”

“Ne hyung.” He just smiled but deep inside him, he felt so sad about rejecting his bestfriend’s confession.

 

^^^^^*****^^^^^

 

 

Chanyeol walked Beakhyun home after the sun has set. But awkwardness is between the two this time, not like before that they would run home laughing or chasing each other. No, it’s like that a thick wall separates the two. No words. No eye contacts.

As Baekhyun was about to enter the gate of his house, he was held by Chanyeol in the wrist making him turn around and face the younger. Chanyeol looked at his bestfriend’s eyes in a sad look, but not in a pathetic look.

He stared at the older for a minute before he mumbled “Hyung.”

Baekhyun forced his tear not to fall.

“Hyung, I’m so sorry.”

The older smacked the taller guy in the head making Chanyeol groan. Baekhyun then smiled. “I told you not to apologize you bastard! I’m alright.” Which is actually a lie. He forced a fake smile to the guy. The other guy smiled at the older too not noticing the sadness in his bestfriend’s smile.

“Goodnight Channie.”

“Goodnight hyung.” Then the taller of the two left.

 

Baekhyun then rushed towards his room and slammed the door not caring if the door might break. His mother isn’t here anyways so no one heard the door slammed by him.

He leaned on the wall and let his emotions carry on. He cried hard.

He cried hard making his handkerchief go wet like it has just been washed in the laundry. He needs someone to lean on in these kinds of moments.

He grabbed his phone and dialed Kyungsoo’s number. He needs him. He needs his other bestfriend’s comfort. He needs someone to help him, and make him strong, and hug him, and be there for him, and that guy is definitely not Chanyeol…it’s Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, his bestfriend that has been there for him all the time.

His friend that he could lean on in this moments. The guy that has joyed with him in his achievements and comforted him in his grieves.  The one that has always been there for him throughout his love story. And that is Kyungsoo.

Not that Chanyeol never had joyed in his achievements and be there for him in his grieves, but most of the time, it’s the opposite. Baekhyun is the one who joyed in Chanyeol’s achievements, cared in times of trouble, and helped in times of suffering. So it is very confusing to him, how could Chanyeol never love him back the way he loved the younger? How could Chanyeol love someone who has never been there for him, who he barely knew, who has never loved him like Baekhyun. This is too confusing for him.

Kyungsoo’s phone ringed and he answered it in two rings. “Hey Baekkie!” Kyungsoo said cheerfully, but stopped when he heard the guy sob.

“What happened?” he asked in a caring voice. But the boy just cried harder making it hard for him to answer back. “Wait for me Baekkie. I’ll be there in a moment.” Then he hung the call.

Five minutes later, a knock was heard in Baekyun’s room. The guy opened it and saw Kyungsoo standing in front of his room. “The door is open so I already entered the house.”

Baekhyun nodded in response, dragging Kyungsoo to his bed and sat in there side by side. Baekhyun then grabbed Kyungsoo’s shirt and hugged the smaller guy tightly. Baekhyun cried in Kyungsoo’s shoulder so hard making his shirt wet.

“What happened Baekkie?” Kyungsoo asked rubbing circles on his back. The question made the guy cried harder. “Ch- *sobs* Cha- *sobs* Yeol *sobs*”

“Breath Baekhyun. Breath.” Kyungsoo commanded. “Did Chanyeol rejected you?” he asked pulling away from the guy’s grip and facing him. Baekhyun nodded in response.

Kyungsoo hugged the later, rubbed his hands on his back, and hushing him saying comforting words. “Don’t worry Baekhyun. It’ll pass too. Don’t worry, I’m here okay. I’m here for you. Shussshh”

Then that night, Kyungsoo kept telling the guy that it’ll pass, that it’ll be better soon, that he’s there for him. It made Baekhyun feel so loved and peaceful but deep inside, his heart, was totally broken…into thousands of pieces.

 

^^^^^*****^^^^^

 

Monday came and there were classes again after the weekend. Baekhyun’s heart was pumping hard, being the nervous guy that he is. “Will it be awkward again just like the other day?” “Will he ignore me?” “Will we be able to be just like nothing had happened between the two of us?” so much Will-s were flooding on his head.

He entered the familiar room after the bell has ringed. He looked around and saw no signs of Chanyeol. Chanyeol is not in the room. “Chanyeol is not here? Where is he? The class is about to start.” He thought.

He sat beside Kyungsoo since Chanyeol is not around. The teacher  had entered the room and Baekhyun asked his bestfriend, “Where’s Chanyeol?”.

Kyungsoo looked around the room but saw no signs of the tall guy with large ears. “I have no idea.” Kyungsoo shook his head. Baekhyun became worried. Worried that he might be the reason why Chanyeol is not around. Maybe…Just maybe, he’s avoiding Baekhyun.

“Okay class, open your books on page 365.” The teacher announced. With that, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo just ignored the where-is-chanyeol topic and focused on the lesson.

 

^^^^^*****^^^^

 

“RINGGGGG! RINGGGGG!” the scholl bell rang signaling that it’s already lunch break time. And Chanyeol never had appeared on the class, which makes Baekhyun worried so much. “Kyungsoo, do you mind if you go lunch alone first? I’m going to find Channie.” Baekhyun said.

“Ne. Anyway I have Jongin with me. He’ll treat me lunch. Haha.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Jongin?” Baekhyun asked as he looked on his bestfriend’s eyes in a suspicious way.

“Ne, Jongin. My new meet friend.” Kyungsoo said.

“WHAT? FRIEND? I THOUGHT WE WERE TOGETHER? I THOUGHT I’M YOUR BOYFRIEND?” Jongin stated while pouting like a child.

“WHAT? YOU? TWO? TOGETHER?” Baekhyun’s eyes went big an round just like Kyungsoo’s.

“No Baekkie. We’re just pretending to be together. I’ll explain later. For now, go find your Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo whispered then pushed Baekhyun away gaining a glare form him.

Jongin then wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders then, they headed to the canteen.

 

Baekhyun went to the gymnasium, to the basketball court, to the field, to the garden, to the library, but no signs of Chanyeol anywhere. Then suddenly it hit him! “Rooftop!” he mumbled.

He walked to the rooftop with a nervous heart.

He didn’t expect the next thing.

As he opened the door of the rooftop, he heard some giggles and laughters. He searched for the owner of the voices and stopped when he saw…Chanyeol, flirting with a girl. A girl he never had seen before. They were cuddling, and feeding each other, like a true couple.

Baekhyun went shocked when he saw the scenario. His heart was like it got struck by a dagger creating a deep and wide cut. A single tear fell, and then came another. He kept silent as he walked back slowly. Bad thing, he stepped on an iron rod making it fall and create a loud and audible sound.

Baekhyun eyes went wide.

Chanyeol and the girl turned their faces around as they heard the loud sound, spotting Baekhyun standing there, stunned and not moving, but tears falling. Chanyeol stood up walking towards Beakhyun.

“ it! Why can’t I move my body? Why does it feels so numb?” Baekyun thought.

Chanyeol went closer and closer. Baekhyun forced his body to move and for luck, the numbness of his body died. He ran away as fast as he could, ignoring the countless calling of his bestfriend. He was too broken right now, not to care about anything. Chanyeol. Chanyeol just rejected him yesterday, and now he saw him with another girl? A girl he barely knew? Gosh!

And if there’s a new meaning of the word “Broken” right now…it is Baekhyun.

 

¬¬¬¬¬*****¬¬¬¬¬

 

OMG! I’m so so so sorry for the very late update! You know, schooling, yeah tiring…Suffucating…Exhausting… Ahh~ and I’m currently having a side story of this! It is a KaiSoo fluff. If you want to check it out, go ahead. “Stares (from the guy in table number 7)” is the title. ^^

 

And oHH I’m sorry, I lied once again. I said that this would be just a oneshot but ended up making it a threeshot! Awww~ Please do subscribe and leave comments! Good comment or Bad comment is appreciated. Thank You soooo MUCH! Until the next Update guys!
Bye Bye Boo~