Part 1

Love Song (harmony of our hearts♥)

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were bestfriends since God knows when. Some says they’re bestfriends since kinder garten, some says since they were born, some says since they were in the first grade, and some says since Chanyeol was three and Baekhyun was four. But one thing people are sure of: they are inseparable. They watch films together, they bathe together, they eat together, they play video games together, and they do assignments together, and sometimes (or more likely, always) sleep together. They do things normally only brothers do, which means they are more likely brothers than bestfriends. “I love you Baek hyung. You are such a nice big brother to me.” Chanyeol always says to Baekhyun. And in that matter, Baekhyun’s heart always breaks. He is secretly in love with Chanyeol, but he never dared to tell his true feelings about the boy for he is afraid that their relationship as bestfriends might shatter. “He might not feel the same way as mine. If I tell him that I love him, he might feel disgusted and think of me as a . He might avoid me one day and won’t hang out with me again.” Baekhyun thought.

“Yo Baekhyun! Lost in your daydreams again?” his thoughts were cut by Kyungsoo, a close friend of Baek and Yeol, as he threaten Baekhyun that he’ll slam a book in his head.

“Hey! Don’t you ever continue what you are about to do mister, or I’ll going to hide your cooking pan.” Baekhyun pointed out, and Kyungsoo then laid the book in the table.

“As I was saying, I saw Chanyeol earlier. He was kind of sad. I heard that that Dara girl broke up with him.” Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun’s blood boiled in anger as soon as he heard the news came from Kyungsoo’s mouth. “I knew it. That Dara girl is going to make MY Chanyeol cry. I must have warned Channie earlier.” Baekhyun thought emphasizing the word ‘MY’. “Where is he right now?” he asked Kyungsoo.

“I saw him at the canteen. But I think he’s on the way to Building C that time. You must hurry; he might just take a suicide.” Kyungsoo joked. “Hey, what did you say?” Baekhyun asked angrily and frightened Kyungsoo with his glaring eyes. “I was just joking.” “Not a good joke boy. Next time you’ll say that, you’re dead!” Baekhyun left Kyungsoo stuned.

“Oh, what a good friend I have there. A friend that’ll kill me if I tell some jokes.” Kyungsoo thought and mentally laughed at his friend’s mood swings. Oh by the way, did I mention that Kyungsoo is the only person that knows the secret of Mr. Byun Baekhyun? Well, it just happens that Baekhyun fell a love letter that he was about to place in Chanyeol’s locker, and for luck, Kyungsoo is the one who picked the letter up. And from there, he knew that his friend is gay and secretly in love with his other friend. Well, not that he hates gays; he’s not just used to cliché and fluffy bromance or whatever you call that thing. But as Baekhyun’s friend, he supports him whoever he fell in love with.

Back to the nerd guy, Baekhyun ran to the said building as fast as he could, afraid of whatever Chanyeol might do. He’d taken Kyungsoo’s words earlier deeply. For him, just thinking of Chanyeol commiting a suicide and burying his body six feet under the ground the next day will make his heart ache and make his eyes teary. He couldn’t live without Chanyeol.

As soon as he entered the building, he quickly headed to the stairs and ran up to the rooftop. He knew Chanyeol very well. If Chanyeol wants to be alone, he stays in the rooftop and breathes some fresh air. For him, the rooftop is the most peaceful place to be when he wants to think about things.

Baekhyun opened the door and pants heavily. “Cha- Channie?” he pants out hardly between his heavy breathing. As he expected, he didn’t get any response except for some sobs that he heard.

Baekhyun looked around and spotted the giant rolled up in a ball, hugging his knees at a corner. The guy sighs at the sight, and he became a little bit happy for the love of his life didn’t commit suicide.

Baekhyun slowly walks towards the boy and sat beside him. He then wrapped his arms around the boy as he shushed him. “Don’t cry Channie, everything will be alright.” He comforted Chanyeol.

“I thought she loved me the way I loved her. *sobs* But it happens that she *sobs* had another guy.” Chanyeol said (or whispered).

“I saw her earlier in the canteen with the gangster guy they call G Dragon. And guess what, they *sobs* holding hands, while feeding each other sweetly.” He continued.

Baekhyun hates this. He hates to see his love to be broken, he hates to see him cry. “Chanyeol is a good guy and he does not deserve to be hurt like this.” Baekhyun thought. And in that moment, all he wanted to do is to find his way to Dara and kill her for hurting his love, but he can’t. Chanyeol needs him.

“Don’t worry Channie. She cheated on you? Then, don’t cry for her, that does not deserve your tears specially your love anyway.” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his palms over the back of Chanyeol in a slow pace.

“Channie, be strong. Prove her that she did the wrong decision of hurting you. Prove her that you can move on. Be strong for there are many persons out there. I know there’s someone who deserve your love and one day, you’ll find the right person that’ll love you whole heartedly.” Baekhyun added encouraging Chanyeol to stop being a crying mess.

As Chanyeol heard those words coming from his bestfriend, he stopped from crying and lifted his face. His eyes met Baekhyun eyes, and a smile crept in his face. “Thanks hyung for cheering me up. You’re such a nice friend.” And that word stabbed deeply in Baekhyun’s heart creating a deep cut: the word “friend”.

Baekhyun only nodded in response trying to hide his now teary eyes by looking away from the boy. “Of course, I’m your bestfriend so I’ll always be here for you no matter what happens.” Baek said gaining a tight hug from the tall guy.

“I love you hyung!”

And that sentence creates another deep cut to his heart. He knew that the boy only loves him as a friend, not in a way he wanted it to be. He forced a smile to Chanyeol and answered “I love you too” before standing up.

The cold breeze hit their faces. “Hyung, let’s just stay here for a while please. I want to spend more time in peace. Just for a couple of minutes please.” Chanyeol pleaded. “Sure” Baekhyun responded.

They sat side by side and fell into an awkward silence. Chanyeol rested his head on his bestfriend’s shoulders as he kept his mouth shut and closed his eyes. The sudden movement of the guy made Baekhyun’s heart skips a beat.

“I’m so in love with you Channie. If only you know my true feelings.” Baekhyun mentally said as he stared at something far away. His thoughts fell on many things about him and Chanyeol; and one of it is how he discovered his feelings for the guy.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

They were in the first year high school, same school, and same section. They were the closest among their classmates. And because of that and Baekhyun’s feminine features, their classmates tease them gays or fags.

“Hey, guess what guys. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are gay for each other!” one of their bullies named Jongdae shouted one day when the History teacher didn’t arrive. The whole class laughed hardly at them and started shouting and throwing them harsh words to Baekhyun like “!”, “Gayhyun”, and “!”.

In that case, Baekhyun cried silently while his classmates continue laughing at him. But the next thing surprised him. He saw Chanyeol in front of him glaring at the bullies. Chanyeol’s face was bright red not in embarrassment but in anger. “Hey, will you stop teasing Baekhyun! Being close to each other doesn’t mean you are dating each other. And so what if we’re close to each other? Do you care? No you’re not! Beastfriends are supposed to be close with each other, and so, there’s nothing wrong with me being close with Baekhyun. Will you ing stop minding our thing? Mind your own things!” Chanyeol shouted angrily creating a silence afterwards. The whole class stopped shouting and teasing Baekhyun. And that amazed him; he never thought Chanyeol could be a monster sometimes. But the thing that made his heart race was the fact that Chanyeol protected and saved him from the evil bullies.

“Why’s my heart beating so fast?” he asked himself. “Oh, maybe just because of the happiness I feel because Chanyeol saved me.” He erased his thoughts that maybe he has this kind of little crush with his bestfriend because of saving him. “I’m straight.” He kept reminding himself.

But things just happen and his feelings towards the guy became stronger. It is few months after Chanyeol saved him.

He and his bestfriend are now hanging out for a couple of weeks ago. He felt so distant towards the guy. Within the couple of weeks, he never heard Chanyeol said “Hey hyung, wanna watch some movies?” nor “Hyung, may I sleep over into our house tonight?”.

“Maybe he’s just been too busy lately.” He thought. But as he went to the canteen, he saw Chanyeol with a girl; a girl he knew by the screen name Sulli. And guess what, they were holding each other hands and having a sweet moment with each other.

“That’s why you haven’t hanged out with me these past few weeks.” Baekhyun whispered. That time, his blood boiled and he wanted to rip the girl into pieces for stealing Chanyeol from him. All he could feel was jealousy.

A single tear dropped.

Then came another.

And another.

And another.

He ran as fast as he could on his way to his house. He’s not in the mood for some boring History lessons, so he decided to skip.

“You’re so early today son.” Baekhyun’s mother greeted him.

“I’m not in the mood Mom.” He replied trying to hide his tears. He ran to his room and slammed the door. He wanted to think. He wanted to think about things. Things about his feelings towards the guy. “Did I just felt jealous because of that girl?”

He cried, and he didn’t know why.

 

The next day, he decided to ignore Chanyeol. “He’s not even talking to me so there’s no point of me ignoring him.” He whispered. As he entered the classroom, he saw Chanyeol sitting next to his usual seat. Chanyeol smiled at him; but Baekhyun decided to ignore him and sat next to Kyungsoo. “Hey Baekhyun, are you supposed to sit next to Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked. “That’s not my proper seat. And the teacher told us that we could sit wherever seat we want to sit right?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. Kyungsoo just replied “Oh~” with his lips forming an O shape.

The teacher entered the room and the class started. Hours passed and the bell rang, signaling the students and the teachers that it was already lunch break. Baekhyun stood up from his seat and quickly walked towards the canteen ignoring Chanyeol’s calling.

“Hey Baekhyun hyung!” Chanyeol kept shouting. But still, Baekhyun kept ignoring him.

 

Baekhyun reached the canteen and ordered as fast as he could. After ordering, he sat to the corner table alone, hoping that Chanyeol wouldn’t see him. But unluckily, the giant saw him.

“Hyung, why do you keep ignoring me?” Chanyeol panted heavily, catching his breath as he sat in front of the guy. But as Chanyeol expected, Baekhyun ignored him like he didn’t hear what he said. “Hey hyung, are you now deaf? I said, why do you keep ignoring me?” Chanyeol asked loudly in a slight angry tone.

Baekhyun glared at him. “Hyung?” Chanyeol was in the verge of crying. Tears are formed in the corner of is eyes. “Hyung, please, if there’s something wrong, please tell me. If I’m so annoying, please tell me. If I did something that didn’t pleased you, of something that annoyed you, please tell me.” Chanyeol cried in front of Baekhyun.

“I don’t want us to be like this. *sobs* I don’t want you to ignoring me. Please, hyung…talk to me.” Chanyeol cried heavily. And Baekhyun suddenly felt guilty. He felt guilty for making Chanyeol cry; He doesn’t want Chanyeol to cry.

Baek stood up from his seat and sat next to Chanyeol. He hugged him tightly. “Sorry Chanyeol. I’m so sorry for ignoring you. I just…I just felt so distant towards you lately, and I felt that I don’t belong to your friends’ list anymore. Please stop crying.” Chanyeol hugged the later back. “Hyung, why would you think that you’re not my friend anymore? You’re my bestfriend!”

Baekhyun nooded in response. “Hyung, don’t ignore me again okay? I can’t stand without you. I don’t know what life could I have been without you. I love you hyung.” Chanyeol said as he kissed the guy’s cheeks. Baekhyun face turned beet red in the sudden action, and his heartbeat quickens. “Gosh, what is this I’m feeling right now?” he thought.

And since that day, he confired himself that he liked his bestfriend more than a bestfriend should. <3 <3 <3

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]-[BACK TO REALITY]

 

“I think we should go now. The afternoon class is about to start.” Baekhyun said, but he was answered by a light snore coming from the guy next to him. “He must be tired.” Baekhyun thought.

He shook his friend slightly making the guy awake. “Oh, sorry hyung. I just feel comfortable leaning on you, so I took a nap.” Chanyeol blushed in embarrassment.

“Come on. The classes are about to start.” Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol downstairs, but suddenly, Chanyeol stopped. Baekhyun looked at him in a questioning look. “Hyung, thank you.” Chanyeol said as he hugged the little guy. “Thank you for everything.”

Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol’s head. “AW~!”

“You pabo! So cliché eww! Come on, hurry up. No time for these moments.” Baekhyun said and they both laughed. But inside Baekhyun, he felt so fluttered by the words Chanyeol just said. His heart was pounding so loudly that Chanyeol might hear. Thanks to the noise around their environment, Chanyeol didn’t hear Baekhyun’s heartbeat. (As if he could actually hear LoL).

Hours passed and the Oh-So-Boring Biotech Class ended. How much joy the students felt when the bell finally rang.

“Hey Baekhyun hyung, wanna hang out this weekend? I supposed you are not busy, am I right?” Chanyeol said.

“Yes. My weekend is free.” Baekhyun replied smiling to the boy next to him.

The boy then jumped for joy as he heard Baekhyun’s answer. “Yes! I’ll pick you up at seven tomorrow ‘kay? Be ready hyung! I don’t want to see you still in your pajamas tomorrow.” Chanyeol smiled widely almost reaching his huge ears. “Hey, will you please stop smiling like that. It’s so creepy you know.” Baekhyun stated.

“Whatever hyung.” Chanyeol replied and didn’t even bother changing his facial expression.

They both walked home for their houses are not that far from the school. Walking is a good exercise and also, they want to save money. After a long conversation while walking, Baekhyun ended up to his house ‘cause his house is nearer than Chanyeol’s. “Well, I gotta go now Channie. Bye!” Baekhyun said waving goodbye to Chanyeol.

And the night came, he planned to video call Kyungsoo since he finished his weekend assignments. He opened his facebook account and searched Kyungsoo in the “online friends” list. But unfortunately, Kyungsoo’s not online. So Baekhyun grabbed his phone and dialed his friend’s number and made a voice call on him.

“Yeoboseyo?” the guy asked

“Hey Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun cheerfully answered

“Oh, Baekhyun. What’s up?”

“You better open your account right now. I have only 5 minutes of calls left. Hurry.”

“Oh? Okay, wait a minute.”

“Fine, Hurry.”

Then, Baekhyun ended the call, and he waited for the green dot to appear next to Kyungsoo’s name in his “online friends” list. “Hurry up Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun mumbled in his breath. And as the green dot appeared, he almost fell down from his chair because of happiness. Baekhyun is kinda weird sometimes isn’t he?

Baekhyun then clicked the “video call” and waited for Kyungsoo to answer his call. A small box appeared on the monitor with Kyungsoo’s face in it waving “hi” to Baekhyun.

“Hey Kyungsoo! Guess what, Chanyeol asked me out tomorrow!” Baekhyun squealed like a girl.

“really? That’s great then! He’s not been asking you out these past few weeks. That’s a good news.” Kyungsoo joyed with his friend.

“Yeah, I know that Kyungsoo. I’m so happy!” Baekhyun said making Kyungsoo to smile wider. “As long as you’re happy, I’m happy too!” Kyungsoo replied.

“So what’s your plan? Are you going to confess now?” Kyungsoo asked curiously. Baekhyun stoped for a moment as he heard his friend’s question.

“I don’t know. Should I?” Baekhyun asked

“I think you should. You know the time when you planned to confess to him, but it failed because Chanyeol found another girl? I think you must confess to him as soon as possible before anyone would take away him from you again.” Kyungsoo suggested or more likely advised.

“But, I’m afraid. What if he don’t like me the way I like him? What if he’ll hate me afterwards? What if I ended up broken?” Baekhyun said in a low tone.

“You’ll never know ‘till you confessed to him your true feelings. I know he’ll never hate you if ever he didn’t feel the same way. Chanyeol is a good person, and he values so much your friendship with one another.” Kyungsoo said.

“I think you’re right.” Baekhyun agreed.

“Kyungsoo! Will you please postpone first what you are doing right now! Help me here!” Kyungsoo’s mother shouted from the kitchen, and the voice was clear on the video call.

“Hey, Baekhyun, I must go now. My mother needs me.”

“I know Kyungsoo. Thanks for the time.” Baekhyun said

“You’re welcome.” Kyungsoo replied and Baekhyun clicked the End Video Call.

 

“Should I really confess to him tomorrow?” Baekhyun questioned himself and imagined the scenarios that might happen when he confess to his love; The possible outcomes like Chanyeol might just disappear from nowhere, Chanyeol might just ignore him, Chanyeol might just stay away from him, Chanyeol might just call him a , and many other things Chanyeol might do. Baekhyun thought this all NEGATIVE.

“You’ll never know ‘till you confessed to him your true feelings.”

“You’ll never know ‘till you confessed to him your true feelings.”

“You’ll never know ‘till you confessed to him your true feelings.” That sentence kept echoing in Baekhyun’s head.

Baekhyun sighs heavily. “Kyungsoo’s right. I’ll never know ‘till I confess to him.” Baekhyun said in a strong spirit. “He’s a good person. He’ll never hate me for confessing to him.” He hoped.

Baekhyun stood up and walked to his study desk. He switched the study lamp on and grabbed his diary. He wrote something on it then grabbed a piece of paper folded and placed between the pages of the diary before placing the notebook neatly on the desk. “I haven’t continued this for a while.” Baekhyun whispered.

He unfolded the paper and started thinking of some lines he must use in making the song he’s writing perfect. He knew he in composing songs but he still wants to make one for Chanyeol. He wanted to sing a song for Chanyeol to express his true feelings for the guy. Well in fact, he spent thousands of papers for this. Every time he tries to work for it, he always ended up covering his room a mountain of crumpled papers.

I will Love You,

And Love You, and Love You

Gonna Hold You

And Hold You, and Hold You

I will please you,

 ‘Cause I need You

I need You, I need you

You’ve got to understand my Love~

 

He crossed out some words from the song, and think of some words that might suit for it. He added some lines and drew an arrow from it to between of some lines, He crossed out another word. And another. And another.

“How could I continue this? I can’t think cliché words that suits for the next lines.” He thought. He then crumpled the paper then he sighs. “Ahh~ This is hard. Chanyeol is much beter composer than I am.”

A knock was heard from the door of Baekhyun’s room. “Come in!” he shouted not so loud, and his mother came in with a slice of strawberry shortcake and a glass od orange juice. “Son, eat first. Don’t stress yourself too much with what you’re doing.” His mother said offering the food to him. “Thanks mom.” Baekhyun replied and smiled.

“What are you doing by the way?” his mother asked and picked up the piece of crumpled paper on the floor. “Wait mom, don’t open it!” Baekhyun protested but he was late, his mother already did. Baekhyun’s face flushed bright red in embarrassment.

“Oh, so you’re currently writing a love song. Since when did my son became a composer? And since when did my sone fell in love? And who is this lucky girl?” Baekhyun’s mom smirked. “Or should I say, guy.”

Baekhyun’s eyes became wide in what his mother just stated. “Mom knew?” he asked in his thoughts.

“Ahh son, you know that moms got super abilities. And from what I’ve observed, you are in love with a guy, not with a girl. And I knew it was Chanyeol, am I right?” his mom asked. “H-how d-did you know?” Baekhyun stuttered in his question.

“Mom’s super abilities.” Baekhyun’s mother said. “Don’t worry son, I’m not angry. In fact I support you through this. As long as my son is happy, I’ll go with the flow.” And his mother smiled.

“Thanks mom. You’re the best umma in the world I swear.” Baekhyun hugged his mother tightly, as his mother hugged him back.

“Oh, may I suggest. If you are writing a song for your love, be sure that the words are not forced. Make sure that every word in the song came deep from your heart. Don’t mind the rhyming of the lines. What’s important in the song is that you gave effort to it and you filled every lines with love.” She suggested to Baekhyun as she stood up and patted Baekhyun’s head before saying “Goodluck son. Goodnight.” And walked away.

And with that, Baekhyun’s heart was filled with fighting spirit that he can do it. “Baekhyun, you can do it. Fighing!”

_________________________


Okay, I lied...I said it would be a Oneshot but here it is...not completed yet!
Hope you enjoy the first part of it...
The next Chapter would be released soon...
Please SUBSRIBE and COMMENT...
also, please UPVOTE if you feel like it!
pleaseeee...
I need encouragements...

Thank you guys!

 

love,

~ 4ever_Locket