AND A LITTLE BIT MORE

Still You

 


 

I stare at my blank sketching book while propping my chin on my palm and tapping my pencil. I’m trying to think about new dress design for a famous celebrity on my studio. But nothing comes into my mind right now.

 

Aish… Seriously, this woman is really demanding.

 

On our earliest meeting, she wanted something like grand design like a renaissance dress. And after I met her again to show the rough design, she told me that she changed her mind and wanted a simple, minimalist yet elegant dress. And making it all worse, she asked for fresh design that no one have ever used before.

 

Ugh, I swear if she’s not a top celebrity and her name is very promising for the future of my brand, I will reject her order since the beginning and might give a kick in her for a bonus. But yeah, she’s a customer and every customer is a king in my dictionary. So I need to get her satisfied by my design.

 

But… sigh… there is still nothing in my mind.

 

I purse my lips and my eyes accidentally fall to a certain name card that placed on one of the photo frames on my working table. I don’t know for how many times my eyes have been falling to the name card. It was belonged to a certain guy that I knew in past and I accidentally met him again after these years in a Fashion show event.

 

I take the name card and read the name on it.

 

Do Kyungsoo, Head of Marketing Department, Wu Enterprise.

 

And I cannot hide the upward tugs on the corner of my lips. What the hell, he has turned into some kind of successful businessman who works in a famous multi-national company.

 

I have never thought that Kyungsoo will become like this; I have never seen it coming. But I think I could have guessed it, judging to how rich his family is.

 

Oh yeah, I have visited his house few times and have seen his parents, a strict loving father and an overprotective mother. I used to believe that his mother never liked me; her face always scrunched whenever she saw me. Perhaps she has known that I was the one who always caused her son’s ‘rebellion’.

 

And I’m actually giving him a promise that I will call him. Darn… I shouldn’t have given him that promise. So should I call him?

 

I was actually tempted to give him a call and asked him to go out. It has been long since we were apart after school’s graduation. Kyungsoo had chosen to go overseas for his study while I was still clueless about my future. And I still remember the moment when he told me that he would go out for college; it was also the moment when he crushed my heart into pieces. I guess it was when I realized that I have fallen for Do Kyungsoo; it was something that left unsaid back then and I decided to keep it as my own little secret for years.

 

Surprisingly, when I saw him again on that Fashion Summit, I’ve realized that my feeling has never changed for him.

 

But now, even though I can call him, I don’t know whether I can actually meet him. Not with this pile of works around me.

 

I heave a sigh and hang my head low as my eyes fall to the empty sketch book on my desk. Seriously, I really want to get out from here; mentally I scream. So, yeah, scratch that ‘calling Do Kyungsoo’ point out of my list.

 

At least for now, because I really need to think about my design.

 

 

Then… here I go again… in front of my precious yet annoying customer. She’s blabbing about the design that I have made, saying that the dress is not showing her curve enough or the skirt is not flowing enough. Well, the bottom line, she is rejecting my design and asking me to revise it… again.

 

And I really don’t know why I just sit there with a smile plastering on my face and assuring her that I will revise the design. But she keeps explaining how she wants the dress will be. And her explanation always changes every time she explains.

 

Ugh, my head throbs to hear her babbling. I really don’t know what she wants actually.

 

Seriously, I don’t think that my world revolves around her and her only. I have many designs to do before the Autumn Fashion Show started. Not to mention, I have another client to handle with beside her. But this woman has wasted my time with her inconsistency. And to think about, I can use all those times to think about new designs or to meet my other clients.

 

Argh… I can feel my blood rushing to my brain. And even though I’m famous with my patience amongst the other fashion designer, I think my patience has run out for her.

 

So I look straight into her eyes and clear out my throat to get her attention. I have succeeded; she stops talking and looks at me.

 

“I beg your pardon, Miss Ryu.” I carefully take my sketch book from her hands and put it in front of me. I heave a sigh to calm myself before continuing my speech. “With all due respect, Miss. If you keep on disagreeing with my design, I suggest you to find another designer for your dress.”

 

Her brow lifts by my words. “Why? I even rejected Mr. Ahn’s offer to get your offer a chance.”

 

Huh?

 

I frowned.

 

My offer? Hmm… hello. I think you’re the one who called me and asked me to do your dress.

 

But too bad, I can only smile to face this woman. “Well, probably you should try calling Mr. Ahn to see if his design fits your taste.” In which, I’m not sure that Ahn Jungjae can do her request as well if she keeps on acting like this. “Unfortunately, I don’t think that I can fulfill your request now.”

 

“Are you withdrawing?”

 

I lightly bowed. “I’m so sorry.” But I guess I have chosen a wrong decision since I can see her chin tucking up in arrogant way. And I perfectly know what it means. I sighed inwardly. Oh dear.

 

“Do you know who I am?”

 

Yes, I perfectly know who you are. I drop my gaze to hide the fact that I’m rolling my eyes.

 

“I’m Ryu Sera, the top celebrity.”

 

Yeah, yeah. I know it. I also know that she’s a famous actress and a singer as well. She has made many hits through her singing career and also her acting career. I heard that her name can guarantee a sold out for any musical stage or movie. But I don’t think that her nature will be this weird.

 

“Do you realize that I have greater influence than you? And do you know that I’m going to marry Mr. Lee Sunho of Shinhwa Company?”

 

Uh oh, I think I know to which direction her speech will go. Cha-ching! And money will do the talk.

 

“Do you know how much he earns within a month? I’m sure that he can buy your brand company so easily. Do you want your designer career to end?”

 

Oh, dear Lord. Please have a mercy on me.

 

Actually I have prepared myself to have an argument with her when I hear a familiar polite voice saying, “Excuse me.”

 

I turn my gaze and gasp to realize who it is. And I’m 100% sure that the arrogant and annoying Miss Ryu Sera is dropping her jaw to see him.

 

Well, how can she not?

 

It was a very rare occasion to be able to see one of the twelve most eligible bachelors of the Wu Enterprise in person. I must admit that I’m lucky enough to know one of them and to have the others as my clients. But to have him interrupting a meeting with client like this, it is very unexpected.

 

Ah, right. About the twelve most eligible bachelors of Wu Enterprise, I think I have to cross Kris Wu out after his dating news spread out. I’ve heard rumors about him, I saw him in person several times, and I admit that he is indeed colder than artic. Seriously, I don’t really want to mess around with him. So I give applause to the girl who has managed to conquer his heart; she must be not just an ordinary girl.

 

However, I can never forget the news about how Kim Hana got embarrassed by Kris Wu’s aunt on the morning newspaper after I got back from Jeju Island. I feel pity on her because I understand how it felt to be the center of everyone’s mockery, especially in the middle of all those high-class society people. Honestly, I’ve been there before, back in my High School time. I was the clown of the class, the center of their mockery, remember? And everyone around me were quietly rich.

 

“M-Mr. Do Kyungsoo…”

 

I turn my head to my client as I heard her mentioning his name before me. She seems to cower but I don’t have to look back at Kyungsoo to understand why.

 

Kyungsoo… he has this usual flat serious expression on his face with his sharp murderous-intent glaring eyes. But don’t get him wrong, he’s not actually angry or trying to kill someone. It’s just his usual expression. Honestly, Do Kyungsoo is one of the few nicest people on this earth that I ever know. So should I insert a rolling eyes action here?

 

Then, I can imagine that the corners of his lips tug up into a smile, in which I’m so sure that it’s just a fake one.

 

“Forgive me if I’m suddenly interrupting.” I can hear his voice saying and I look up on him. “But I was sitting there.” He points at a table not far from ours, in which I took a quick glance at; and I notice some people sitting there, mostly businessmen. But I don’t recognize anyone of them as one of the Wu Enterprise’s bosses. So perhaps, they are Kyungsoo’s business partners.

 

“And I happened to overhear your conversation.” He finished his words.

 

I look back at Miss Ryu and notice a hopeful sparks on her eyes. Her behavior changes in instant. Arrogant, yes. But I also notice an act of flirting from her. Perhaps, she was trying to attract Kyungsoo with her celebrity’s charm.

 

Seriously, it makes me inwardly scoffed to see her act. I know it very well that it will need more than just a charm or infamous image to attract Do Kyungsoo. Honestly, I have never seen Kyungsoo with girls before. So, yeah, act as flirty as you wish for I know that Do Kyungsoo will never be attracted to you.

 

But my expression quickly drops in realization that he might be hearing our conversation. And when he suddenly turns his face on me, I straighten my back almost immediately. Upward curve appears on his lips. I see a gentle look from him. “Can I sit here?” he asked while pointing at the empty seat beside me.

 

I quickly nodded. An utter smile comes from him as a reply and he mutters a ‘thanks’ to me before sitting down beside me. He takes a deep breath. I notice the change on his look; the nice and gentle Do Kyungsoo that I always knew has somehow changed into the businessman Do Kyungsoo. Somehow, I think he’s kinda scary.

 

“I’m completely aware that you’ve said if your fiancé, Mr. Lee Sunho, can easily buy Miss Jung’s brand company.” Kyungsoo started to talk, resting his arms on the table while linking his fingers. “But for your info, Wu Enterprise has decided to sponsor Miss Jung’s brand and invest on her company. So, if you think that your fiancé wants to buy her brand, please feel free to file your proposal to our company.” A sarcastic smirk comes to his face. “Though, I’m not sure if Shinhwa Company can afford to take SJ Clothing brand from Wu Enterprise right now. In business term, her brand’s price will be doubled or maybe more.”

 

I notice a change on Miss Ryu’s expression as Kyungsoo’s talking. Surely, she knows what it means as I see her expression softened, or I rather describe it as embarrassedly defeated.

 

What does it mean, you asked?

 

Oh, please. Everyone knows how powerful Wu Enterprise is. The company is basically the giant and trustable company that can greatly increase a certain company’s value only by owning that certain company. Of course, it will apply to my clothing brand as well… if Wu Enterprise really becomes my sponsor and invests on my company.

 

But as the owner and the main designer of SJ clothing brand, I really wonder when I have ever sold my clothing brand to Wu Enterprise.

 

Perhaps, Kyungsoo realizes that I’m glaring at him. He turns his gaze on me and gives me one of his sweet smiles. I understand that it’s a hint from him to tell me that we will talk about it later. So I choose to let him do the talking while I’m just sitting there and wondering since when he became so good in speaking.

 

I turn my gaze back to Miss Ryu. She tucks her chin down, perhaps taking her defeat. But I can see that she is still maintaining her celebrity’s pride.

 

“Alright,” she said then turns her gaze on me. “It’s nice to work with you. But unfortunately, I can’t seem to bring your design into my likings. I’m so sorry.”

 

Eeck… Isn’t it me who supposed to say that? But what the hell, I let a smile out and remain to stay humble. “I’m apologizing as well.” Sorry, but not sorry.

 

She nods at me and smiles at Kyungsoo before standing up and leave. But the gaze in her eyes before she leaves tells me that she will get back on me later. Well, like I mind with her lame threat.

 

I turn back to Kyungsoo. “Thanks. For this once, I’m so glad of losing a client,” I said then my eyes squint on him. “But I can’t really remember when I ever sold my brand to Wu Enterprise.”

 

He just scoffs to my sarcastic remark. “You know it’s just a bluff, don’t you?” “Yeah. But what if she really believes and tells everyone about it?” “Then…” he leans back on his chair “Have you thought of letting us to be your sponsor and investing on your brand?”

 

Somehow I have thought that he might ask the question. He’s a businessman. I know that a businessman won’t let a promising chance getting away. And with the fact that my brand is one of the top brands on Fashion world, I have become that promising chance.

 

Well, having a giant multi-national company like Wu Enterprise as my sponsor is quietly tempting. I can imagine how my brand will be well-known worldwide. But, I don’t think I’m ready to let anyone owning the brand along with me. It feels like letting your child away for marriage.

 

“I believe that someone from Wu Enterprise have given you a proposal for investment on your brand.”

 

I frown. But I think I remembered an employee from Wu Enterprise giving me a proposal back in Jeju Island. Although, now I don’t really remember where I put that proposal.

 

A knowing smile comes to Kyungsoo’s face. “You’ve forgotten about it, haven’t you?”

 

I dryly chuckle. Damn… I really forget that Do Kyungsoo knows me well.

 

“Okay,” he said, “I’ll have my employee to prepare another proposal for you. You can expect to receive it tomorrow. But to put an ease on your mind, I’ve made the deal benefitting for both of us.” He then relaxes a little bit. “And honestly… I’m quietly sure that Tao will be pleased if you let us investing on your brand.” He smiles. “He’s quite a fan of yours.”

 

“Tao?” I frown whereas he nods. But I then remember about one of my clients; a tall guy with panda eyes who was introducing himself as the head of Wu Enterprise’s Fashion department. “Ah, Mr. Huang Zitao.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and a smirk blooms on his lips. “So how about it?”

 

I only look at him, trying to think about the offer. But honestly, I don’t know what I want. I heave a sigh. “Honestly… I don’t know, Kyungsoo.” I lean back on my chair. “I must say that it’s a tempting and promising offer. But I haven’t thought of selling my brand to anyone or any company.”

 

A gentle smile blooms on his lips. “I understand. Just try to think about it for a while.”

 

I return his smile with another smile. “Okay.”

 

“And…” He leans forward and gives a playful smile at me. “Since I’ve helped you, do you think I deserve to get something in return?” He then adds, “Other than the cooperation’s deal.”

 

Darn… it strikes me to remember how persistent Do Kyungsoo can be. Perhaps, it will be better if I give up for now. I heave a sigh. “Alright. What do you want?”

 

A smile blooms on Kyungsoo’s face. And for a moment, I swear that I’ve seen a gentle gaze on his eyes. “Your time.” I only blink to hear his reply. “Excuse me?”

 

“I want your time,” Kyungsoo repeats his words then turns his gaze around before looking back at me. “Actually, I’ve been expecting your call ever since the Fashion Summit. It has been long since we graduated and lost contact. So I really want to hear everything that I have missed from your life.”

 

Aahh… seriously, if I haven’t put another appointment on my schedule, I really love to stay and have a long conversation with Kyungsoo. I’m sure that it will be pleasing to hear his story. I really want to know about his college, about how he ended up as one of the bosses at Wu Enterprise, or probably about his love life. Well, I’m very curious about the latter actually. But darn… I don’t even have much time for myself.

 

“Well… I’m very sorry, Kyungsoo. I really have to go right now. I still have another appointment with my other client.”

 

He only heaves a sigh but looks understand. “Okay.” He nods and blooms a bitter smile. “Perhaps, I’m still not lucky this time.” I can’t help but to smile at his words. “Then, I’ll just go back to my business partners.” He stands up and fixes his suit. “See you again, Seojin.”

 

As I watch him walking to his table, I feel the urge to stop him. Seriously, I really don’t know when I can meet him again afterward; I might not have another chance. I stand up. “A, Kyungsoo,” I finally call him.

 

Kyungsoo stops and turns at me. I take out one of my business card and approach him. As I stop in front of him, I write down my apartment address then I give the card to him. “Here. It’s my number, my office and home address.”

 

Kyungsoo receives the card and looks at it for a while.

 

“My schedules today will be done at 8. So, if you still want to meet, just give me a call. I’ll free my time for you.”

 

A smile blooms again in Kyungsoo’s lips. “Okay,” he said but then remembers something. “But what if I want to take you out another time? Will you have time?”

 

I tilt my head. I’m not so sure about that but… “I think I can try.”

 

He nods with a smile on his face. “Okay.”

 

“Then…” I lift my hand to wave at him. “See you later.”

 

Without seeing his answer, I turn and walk back to my table to get my things. Seriously, I really need to go to my next appointment; Miss Ryu really has wasted my time. I come to my car and put my bag on the back seat before entering the driver seat.

 

When I want to drive my car away, I hear a message notification on my phone. So I take my phone and look at it; one message from unsaved number. I open the message.

 

 

From: unsaved number

To: Jung Seojin

 

Let’s meet later at 8.

Tell me where your appointment is so I can pick you up.

- Do Kyungsoo

 

PS: If I call our appointment later as a date, no one will come and kill me, right?

 

 

Reading the message, I really can’t help but to smile. I don’t know since when Do Kyungsoo becomes fond with jokes but he has made my heart flutters again. I type a reply and save Kyungsoo’s number before putting the phone on the seat beside me. I release the hand brake and drive the car away with a smile on my lips.

 

 

From: Jung Seojin

To: Do Kyungsoo

 

Just pick me up at my office. I only have an internal meeting tonight.

And, no, I don’t think anyone will come and kill you even if you call it a date. Not really having someone who has interest in me, as far as I can remember. Seriously, I don’t even have much time for myself right now. So who wants a girl like me as a girlfriend?

- Jung Seojin

 

 

Oh well, a little joke and nag won’t hurt.

 

But when I reached the crossroad near the café, I hear another incoming message notification. Since I stop my car, I reach out for my phone and read the message. And, my heart instantly skips a beat.

 

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

To: Jung Seojin

 

I do. I don't really mind to have a girl like you. I'm busy myself as well.

So is it really a date then?

 

 

What?! Gosh, seriously, Do Kyungsoo? I was only joking!

 

Oh, well. I can always ask him later and clarify about it. The light has turned into green and I can't risk myself to have an accident just because of a message, right?

 

So I put down my phone and drive again.

 

But seriously, I don’t think I can stop smiling all day long. Five years ago, I secretly have crush on him and I couldn't confess my feeling. Now, we have the chance to meet and catch up with everything. So should I tell him everything?

 

No matter what, I just can’t wait to see him again tonight.

 


Author note:

Here you go, the next chapter of Kyungsoo's Oneshot Story. And this is the end of the story. Seriously, I won't make any continuation for this story.

I hope you like it and enjoy reading it. Thank you so much for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and reading this story. Don't forget to read my other story. You can find them >> here. And follow my instagram: alizesakura or my twitter, AFFalize_sakura, for updates.

PS: Do Kyungsoo in LINE TV's EXO Next Door drama is very cool~ Oh well, it's just me who thinks like that. Haha!!

Ugh... I'd better get back to work now. LOL. Annyeong~