STILL YOU

Still You

 


“Do Kyungsoo?”

 

I turn to the call. There’s a girl with an ocean blue sundress and matching high heels. Her black hair is long, flowing to her waist. As a smile blooms on her face, I only can think that she has a beautiful smile.

 

“You’re Do Kyungsoo, right?”

 

I blink to her question. She seems to know me. But who doesn’t. Ever since I became one of the top bosses in Wu Enterprise, I become widely known against my will. But working at Wu Enterprise is fun. And for this girl, I’m trying to stay polite even though I don’t remember who she is.

 

“Yes, I am. But do I know you?”

 

“It’s me. Seo Jin.”

 

The name rings a bell. A girl with round features pops up in my mind immediately. My thought suddenly goes back to the time when I was still a high school student. But this girl in front of me doesn’t have any similarity with the Seo Jin that I knew. Seo Jin was a fat girl while this girl is… slender and beautiful too.

 

I blink few times, mentally telling myself that I’m not dreaming. “Jung Seo Jin?”

 

Her smile becomes wider. “Yes.”

 

I look at her from top to bottom then scoff in disbelieve. “Wow. You look… different.”

 

She chuckles. But then, I realize that the girl has the same eyes as Seo Jin, and also the same smile. And her voice, suddenly I remember how her voice was. It’s all the same; she is the Jung Seo Jin that I have known. But…

 

“What happen to you? Did you cut all your fat?”

 

She just smiles. “Are you surprise?”

 

“Of course, I am. How long has it been? 4 years? 5 years?”

 

“Exactly 5 and half years.” She tilts her head. “But how are you? How can you be at this event?”

 

“I’m working for Wu Enterprise.” “Ah…” Realization tone comes from her voice. “How about you? How can you be here?”

 

“I’m one of the fashion designers that they invited for this summit.”

 

Well, that’s a surprise, especially if you know how she was. “You’re a fashion designer?”

 

She smiles widely. “Surprise, surprise?” I just nod.

 

“Miss Jung!”

 

She turns to the call and seems to recognize the one who just called her. “That’s my assistant. I think I need to go now.” She smiles apologetically

 

I nod and watch her coming to her assistant before going to the backstage. I thought probably there’s a problem. But surely, I’m surprised to meet Seo Jin again, especially on an event like this. And her occupation as a fashion designer, it wows me.

 

I do remember how she was back then; a fat and out of fashion girl. Every girl on the school would tease or bully her because of her appearance. And she also loved to eat. I often felt like she was eating the most delicious food in the whole world when she ate. But I also remember that she has a kind heart. The one that always makes me amuse was when she shared her foods with me because I got nothing to eat. Although, at the end, I gave her back the foods. I can’t stand with her ‘I-want-to-eat-too’ gaze.

 

The announcement about the fashion show from Jung Seo Jin tears my thought apart. I look at the stage. And soon the models are filling the stage, showing the summer clothing line that she made. Somehow they awe me.

 

“Close your mouth. You’re drooling.”

 

The speech makes me frowning and turning my gaze to my side. I see Tao standing beside me; one hand is bringing a glass of drink while another is in his pocket and eyes fixed to the stage. “No, I’m not.”

 

But he only smirks. “They are good.”

 

Somehow I feel flattered although it’s not me who designed them. “They are. But, Tao, how do you know her?”

 

Tao turns his look at me. “Jung Seo Jin? She’s one of the well-known designers. I’m wearing some of her designs.”

 

No wonder if Tao has invited her to the summit.

 

“But why do you suddenly put interest on her? I thought fashion is not your area.”

 

“I happen to know her. We went to the same school.”

 

So she’s quiet famous. But no wonder if she has become famous, her designs are good. And I always remember that Seojin has a great sense of fashion. She always picked clothes for me whenever I have important appointment; and my friends praised me for my good sense in fashion although I knew that it was Seojin who helped me. Despite of that, Seojin forbid me to tell if she was the one who helped me; probably afraid if she would get teased for her ugly figure.

 

But to think about it now, it makes me smirking by the thought that every girl and guy who used to can be one of her customers, probably without knowing who she is.

 

As we see the fashion show, Tao tells me that Seo Jin was graduating from Japan’s Top Fashion School. She started to get famous after she won an award in International Fashion Design Competition. After her scholarship in New York ended, she returned to Korea and developed her own brand. Somehow, I feel proud to know her success.

 

At last, Seo Jin appears on the stage along with her models to receive applause. And to see her again, I feel amaze with her transformation; slender arms and legs, flat tummy, sharp chin. Her fats no longer can be seen. I wonder how she managed to cut them all. And the way she walks, wow, she looks like a model.

 

After she got off the stage, I try to find her. But I see her talking and laughing with some people. So I forbid myself not to come close since I’m afraid to bother her. And truthfully, I’m a little bit embarrassed to approach her. As I look at her, I’m reminded of how we used to be, friends. But I know that somewhere inside of me, I was attracted to her, to her kindness. Back then, she might be fat, but I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

 

Ups, she has seen me. She excuses herself from the ones that she talks to and comes to me. Gosh, I swear it's so hard to keep myself from smiling.

 

“So, how was the show?” She asks me with cheerful attitude. Oh, right, she’s an easy-going type of girl. I remember that she often acted casually or made people laugh with her jokes. “It’s nice. But I have never known that you’re famous.”

 

A smile comes to her lips. “Well, Do Kyungsoo, you’ve never into fashion.”

 

I flush to the words. But she’s right, fashion is not my thing. “But tell me. How can you be so different now?”

 

A wide playful smile is on her face again. “A magician never tells her secret.”

 

I chuckle with her words. Then I look at her again, studying her slender body. “But seriously, Seo Jin, you’re really… different. Are you—“

 

I quickly stop my speech before I ask whether she did something terrible with herself. It makes me worry to think if she has gone under surgery or something like that. It terrifies me. But she chuckles as she crosses her arms on her chest.

 

“Aish, Do Kyungsoo. Did you like me that much until you worry a lot about me?”

 

I become stiff for a moment. Her words have brought realization upon me. I keep my stolid face and drop my gaze to my glass. “I do think that I still like you even now.” I mumble the words before gulping the rest of my drink.

 

But I notice that her smile flattens. “Oh. Well... hum...” she dropped her gaze to her feet as one of her foot swings playfully; a sign on awkwardness from her, I remember “I didn’t do any surgery if it makes you relief. I just did strict diets and exercises” she scoffs and raises her gaze, giving me that bling-bling gaze of her “Probably, submitting to Fashion School has made me realize that I need to take care of my appearance as well. I guess it was part of my reasons.”

 

“And another reason?” I shoot out the question but she just blinks at me.

 

For a moment, I think that she wants to tell me something. There’s something in her eyes that I can’t describe. But Seojin has always been an honest person. If she becomes speechless, the reason must be there in front of her. And it strikes me; the reason behind her smiles, her kindness, and her every actions around me.

 

Oh god, I’m one of her reasons. She has a crush on me back then. And I didn’t realize it.

 

“Ah…” is the only thing that comes out from my mouth. I can see pink shade on her cheeks before she drops her gaze and shyly smiles.

 

“Do you—“

 

“Miss Jung!” The call interjects me. Her assistant taps his watch. “We can be late if we’re not hurry.”

 

“Alright. Just a moment!” “You’re leaving?” She looks at me and smiles apologetically. “Yes” seriously, I can hear my heart drop to hear the answer “I have to catch a flight back to Seoul tonight. There will be an important fashion show tomorrow. It’s very nice to meet you again, Do Kyungsoo. But I really need to go now” She bows and leaves in hurry.

 

To see her going away, I heave a sigh and turns.

 

But then, I remember.

 

Back in High School, I was being coward. I knew that I like her but I have never tried to tell her. So I lost the chance to tell her how I feel. And I know if I don’t do it now, I will lose the chance again.

 

“Jung Seo Jin.”

 

She abruptly stops and looks back at me. I take out my name card from my inside pocket as I approach her and handed it to her. “This is my name card. And it has my personal contact number.” She furrows. “Call me. I’ll be waiting.”

 

Then, a smile blooms on her face as slight pink shades come to her cheeks. “Alright.”

 

“Promise?”

 

She nods.

 

“Then, see you?”

 

She nods again with the sweetest smile that I have ever seen. “See you.” She waves then turns. But she looks at me again and waves.

 

I waves back, earning a wide smile from her before she really leaves. I puff an air. Calm down, my blooming heart.

 

But somehow, I feel relief. At least, she has known my number and she knows that I’m waiting for her call. But probably, I will need to ask Tao for Seo Jin’s contact number later. Just in case, if she doesn’t call.

 

But surely, I will never want to miss a chance again. If she calls or when I call, I will ask her out. I want to tell her that I have a crush on her in High School. Eventually, I will confess my feeling to her; I’ve prepared myself for that moment. And I can imagine days that I will spend with her. I’m sure there will be happy moments, heart-beating moments, or even the moments when we are angry to each other and sad. But I want to share each moment of my life with her.

 

Jung Seo Jin is my first love. And I have fallen in love with her for the second time after 5 years. Surely, I want her to be the last.

 


Author note:

There you go, Kyungsoo's Oneshot Story. I hope you like it and enjoy reading it.

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and reading this story. Please check and love XOXO, Ah Love, and also their sidestories, polariskpop's Baby Don't Cry and my August Rain. If you missed the fictions, you can get the link on this story's Foreword.

 

And last but not least...

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS