Part 1

December blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan, with so much interest – practically staring blankly at everything, watched the white flakes fall onto the already snow covered pavement while sipping his favorite flavor of bubble tea. Instead of a warm drink he chose to drown himself into a cold treat. He eyed the busy streets of Myeongdong. Outside, people were everywhere, not even bothered by the curse of winter – the cold and gloomy weather. Couples were walking down the road, hand in hand, sharing their warmth to each other. It was an adoring sight but not for Luhan. He was so engulfed in watching them with a bit of jealousy creeping in his heart and it hadn't occurred to him that a certain male had already walked into the cafe and strode to his direction. It was only until the young man had settled himself in front of Luhan that he paid attention. Looking straight ahead, he freed the straw between his lips with a shy but awkward smile. "What took you so long Sehun-ah?" He scolded playfully, trying to hide something using his cheerful voice. He secretly prayed that the new comer wouldn't notice his odd ways.

Sehun ignored Luhan’s failed attempt and instead shoved a medium-sized box he had placed on the table. "Kyungsoo hyung packed the wrong cake...I had to wait for hours." He explained, more like complained, annoyed that he had to run an errand without compensation. He was even scolded by Kyungsoo for complaining now and then about how long it took for the older to place the cake in the box and how stupid of him to pack the wrong treat.

Luhan, not minding the bitter expression on his dongsaeng’s face took the box in his hands and carefully unsealed its packaging, pulling the little red bow on top. As he busied himself in opening the box, Sehun took the opportunity to steal his hyung’s drink and down the whole content in one sip. Luhan then let out an off gleeful cheer upon seeing what's inside the package - a Strawberry cake.

"Iseul would love this." he commented with not enough feelings unlike his usual self. He looked at Sehun only to find the younger male downing his bubble tea. "Yah!" he swatted the younger's hand, glaring at him in the process. "You could have told me that you want one!"

Sehun just blankly stared at Luhan much to the older man's dislike but then again, Sehun always wears such expression. "Noona..." The younger started trailing his eyes from the cake to his hyung. The blank expression etched on his face suddenly turned serious. "When will you actually tell – when will you do it properly?"

The three hundred and sixty degree turn made Luhan nervous, why would Sehun ask him that again? Weren’t they talking about the bubble tea Sehun stole from him? He was suddenly so worked up because of the younger boy's question. He didn’t expect that. Fidgeting, weaving and unweaving his fingers only to do the same process all over again, he tried to muster a reassuring smile, forcing his lips to curve in a way. "Soon"

Unsatisfied with Luhan's answer, Sehun scoffed, looking away, settling his eyes out of the window where he watched as the snow slowly made its way onto the white ground. "You're scared that she'll reject you, am I right?" Without looking Sehun could imagine his hyung's face, probably the forced smile on it was long gone or it could have turned into a scowl because of his bold statement.

When silence loomed over them, Sehun readjusted his eyes and looked back at Luhan. His eyes then glistened with worry upon seeing the bitter smile curve on his hyung's lips.

"Hyun-" "Maybe." Luhan heaved a heavy sigh not masking the disappointment hanging on his breath. "You know she doesn't want this stuff but we can't live like this forever, I want something to hold onto and to reassure this relationship will last."

Sehun was aware that Iseul, Luhan's girlfriend or what the guys referred to as his hyung's better half didn't like to get tied down. Her friends knew it and he was not an exemption or Luhan. In fact, even when Luhan was just courting the girl she was very reluctant to accept Luhan's feelings even though it was evident that she was also interested. She was scared of being in a relationship but Luhan tried and break the barrier surrounding her heart. In the end, she gave in and let Luhan inside but the problem was, in their three year old relationship (soon to be four years)never once did the girl talk about settling down because according to Luhan, she asked him not to expect anything from her and that she was not honed to be a wife someday.

Sehun didn't know the reason behind Iseul's twisted belief and opinion about herself. He assumed that his noona was just scared of such commitment or probably was not ready yet. In those years the younger hold onto the thought that she would overcome it but he was dead wrong. Luhan never ever voiced out his frustration about the matter though he would always tell the guys how much he imagines himself and Iseul building their own family. It pained Sehun that his favorite hyung couldn't have what he yearned for… because Luhan, being a foreigner in Seoul lived his life alone. His parents were back in China and the lad could barely see them. Money was not a problem, he could travel whenever he wanted but Luhan didn’t have the time to do so. And then when he met Iseul something had changed… a good change. The prospect of family another than the guys - his friends was seen by Luhan through Iseul.

Guilt washed over Sehun and right when he was about to apologize because of what he blatantly said, his phone buzzed, vibrating in his jeans' pocket. He fished out his phone. Before swiping his thumb on the screen to answer the call, he looked over to the caller’s name.  

"Sorry hyung I got to take this call… I’ll be back in a minute." Then the younger boy got onto his feet. Upon doing so, he immediately made his way out of the cafe, having his private talk on the phone. He sensed that something was wrong so Luhan knowing who was on the other line was the last thing he wanted to happen.

"Noo-" "Is Luhan with you?" Sehun was interrupted, his greeting was left unfinished. He let his noona do all the talking since she called anyway and it must be important – like looking for Luhan. Upon the mention of his hyung’s name, Sehun looked back inside the cafe and saw that the older guy staring blankly at the cake.

"What's wrong?" was his immediate reply, answering a question with another question.

 

A second of silence… "We kind of argued last night... look Sehun, sorry to bother you but I am just worried, I don't even know where he stays. He doesn't want to answer my calls... I know I am at fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter