Lively Orange

White

Orange: a globose, reddish-yellow, bitter or sweet, edible citrus fruit. Vibrance and energy of life. Synergy.

 

Kyungsoo

 

It's been a week since our fateful meeting. Jongin gained many friends and a very close friend named Sehun. Me, Chanyeol and Baekhyun and the both of them always meet up during breaks to eat together. Jongin would sit beside me and Sehun on my other side. The other two would always tease these two maknaes.

 

"Hyung! you see! Baekhyun hyung is teasing my lisp!" Sehun cried to me. I could only shake my head.

"And and Chanyeol hyung! stop ganging up on me too!" Jongin cried out.

 

I patted both of their heads and teased my friends. Apparently, i founf out too that Baekyeol, literally and really were a couple. Not like i mind that because soon i'm going to end up like them, hopefully. And Sehun is with this guy named Luhan, apparently taking vocal classes in a private school but will always pick him up afterwards. And there's Jongin, the only one without a partner.

 

"Hey haebaragi, where's your partner in crime? You're the only one without it"

"Hyung! you too! how could you say that to me!" Jongin pouted at my remark.

"I have if you didn't notice idiot"

"Who?!" Jongin seemed to panic.

"It's always following me"

 

After i said that, Jongin kept on clinging onto my arm, begging me to tell who. And one more thing about Jongin that i learn, he wouldn't stop pestering someone until he gets the answer. People would view it as annoying but in my case, it's annoying but cute. Hey, it's my mate. I chuckled at his childish behaviour but stuck my tounge out at him and walked towards my locker.

 

"It's been following me if you didn't know" I wanted to answer to him that it was him that i was thinking of, but of course, i had another answer.

"Where is he hyung? Why are you doing this to me?! What's his name!" Jongin cried to me.

"Shadow"

"Shadow?! i'll beat him up that li--" Jongin looked at me wide eyed.

"Ahhhhh hyung! Why did you tease me?!"

 

I could only laugh. Of course! who else who follow me and be beside mea ll the time if it's not my own shadow right? Typical things and yet this dense boy cannot even look through it. At first i thought, Jongin was mad at me teasing him but isensed somehting else. I sensed jealousy? I heard his heart beating faster and faster when i told him i had someone following me. The heartbeat of anger, jealousy and curiosity. Was it just me or do i think that Jongin likes me?

 

Almost a month to school year and we became closer as a group. Hoobaes and sunbaes but who cares? We are good friends. Well at least, friends for now. I really need to make my move soon. I promised Jongin that i would attend his little dance performance with Sehun in school this afternoon outside some shopping mall which they entered in. I brought the baekyeol couple along with me of course but they couldn't make it. Well, they needed their dating time. I rolled my eyes.

 

"Sorry dude! but those are my favourite hoobaes you know?"

"I thought i was your favourite!" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun.

"You was though"

"Hey! so mean!" Chanyeol pouted at Baekhyun

 

I laughed at them and  went to catch their performance. Over there, i saw Sehun and Jongin so geared up dancing on the small stage with many people cheering at their dance moves. I cheered for them too and applaud for their dance. Both of them had such vibrant energy and power. It reminded me of orange. THe colour of vibrance and energy and everything with power and an increasing heart rate. Not to mention that one thing i found in common between these two is that they like oranges. Strange hoobaes.

Sehun left to met Luhan and that left me with Jongin. So i walked with Jongin around the mall and brought him to eat lunch together. He was more than happy to. I felt his happiness, his genuine happiness when i said that. Like i said, was i imagining things when i thought that Jongin actually has a crush on me. After that, i walked with Jongin to the park nearby and sat down on the swing with him.

 

"Hyung, do you think if i do a confession he would laugh at me?"

 

I was shocked. He liked someone? He likes someone? This was trouble. When i thought everything was sailing smoothly this had to turned up. Another bad thing of being a wolf, our anger is sometimes uncontrollable and i'm trying so hard to control it right now. If i don't Jongin might see my golden eyes and it will scare him away. I don't want all my effort to go to waste so i just close my eyes and pretend to inhale some fresh air. Which i really needed right now.

 

"Hyung, if i confess to the person beside me right now? Will he accept me?"

 

My eyes opened in greater shock at his statement. The person beside him? me? Am i dreaming? and i thought of making the first move.

 

"What are you saying Jongin?" i really needed to confirm his statement.

"I like you hyung, like really. Eventhough we just met". Jongin fiddled with his fingers and looked to the ground

"And i thought, i was going to make the first move on you" Jongin stare at me at that statement and i continued.

"And when i teased you about my partner being my shadow, i really wanted to shout out your name at that time really" i confessed.

 

I could feel heat rising up to my cheeks and Jongin's too. Suddenly Jongin cracked a wide grin and hop off the swing and ran to hug me. I stood up with him still clinging onto me but i gave up with the weight he put on me and we fell down with him on top of me.

 

"I'll be your shadow hyung, i'll be your shadow"

 

 

 

 

Author's note: One more update just for you ;) what do you think? Hahhaha this is not the end! Please await further updates! saranghae! <3