Pure White

White

White:  blank, as an unoccupied space in printed matter: morally pure; innocent. without malice; harmless:

 

Kyungsoo

 

I'm just walking by the sidewalk of downtown and kicking pebles whenever i see him. Covered up in my grey hoodie and listening to songs through my white earphones while walking back home.

 

"Your mate, he's here"

Being a wolf is already difficult as it is, more yet to find a mate and what can i say? Living 100 years in the dark, changing schools, changing towns, changing everything just to keep yourself safe. Wolves are always in a pack but me? I'm just a loner, i don't want to be in a pack, i'm good by myself, it's just that sometimes it gets to me, being lonely in a couple infested street. much.

Just then i heared a woman screamed.

 

"Jongin!"

 

Without me looking behind i could hear a car rushing at full speed and i turned to see a little boy trying to call his ball along the street. There's not much time. I immediately ran to the boy and rolled to the otherside of the street where the woman's scream came from. The car came to a halt.

 

"Watch out you punk!" and he drove off. Rude much.

 

"Oh my goodness! thank you boy! thank you so much!"

 

Man, i scrape my knee. ugh.

 

"It's fine mam, please take care of your son, don't let him run along by the streets alone"

"i will i will, thank you so so mcuch! Jongin say thank you to hyung!"

 

When i dusted of my hoodie and jeans off with a scraped knee sticking out on my right knee cap, i felt a boy tugging onto my hoodie, i looked up to see him. That moment, everything in my world stopped. Those eyes looked at me, unblinking. My eyes can't stop staring at his either. And at that moment, a surge of energy entered my entire body and i felt like i have been electrified.

 

"Hyung, i'm sorry and thank you so much" that boy spoke to me. I know it's him.

 

So i lowered down to his height and took a good look at his face and cupped his face into my hands, it was a perfect fit. I smiled to him and said it was okay. I hugged him to get a good whiff of his scent knowing that i can track my mate now. And all i have to do is just be by his side while keeping a distance and wait for him to grow up. Waiting ten even years or even decades is not a problem for me knowing that my fate, my life is here in front of me right now. Jongin smiled at me and went with his mom. And of course i went home with a smile eventhough with a scraped knee. It was worth it.

 

Loving him was like the shade white, people mistake it for a colour when actually white can be found anywhere. Without white, there can never shades of any colour, without Jongin i may never reveal this happy and more positive side of me. Oh hell, Jongin could even turn my entire world and i wouldn't mind even one bit. Now it's just waiting for him to grow up. Good thing for a werewolf, we only grow old with our mates and till then we don't age, we put a pause to growing old. We grow old with our mates and over time our wolf traits will die off too as we grow old. We become human with them.

 

Loving Jongin was pure, as pure as the young version of him was when i first met him. His heart was gold, his smile was bright, he could blind me, and i will lvoe him no less. He can put me into oblivion, not knowing the bottom or end to anything but i still wouldn't mind one bit with him around me. Jongin was white, Jongin is still white. Jongin is pure white and pure innocence in my eyes. His love, our love is as light and fair as grown up as he is now.

 

Sticking by his hide, looking at him grow was like watching a small seed blooming into a sunflower, the brightest in my heart. His laugh when he plays, his screams when he runs away from the game of hide and seek. His new perfume he got when he was fourteen or when he played video games at an arcade. When he smile, i smile. When he grabbed a cup of latte and freanch toast in the morning before heading to school. And now just entering high school at sixteen, i could see his nervousness.

This is going to be fun, being a highschool kid again, knowing i can't grow old till he accepts me as his mate. Till we mate if i speak so frankly and true. I'm entering the same highschool as he is but a grade higher so i'll be his sunbae. This is as interesting as it can get. A new start in my life and yours, a whole new book rather than a chapter, a new fresh sheet of white paper, a new pen and ink to dab and start creating a story on. Our love will just start like that. Pure and fresh.

 

And it is about time, we collide with one another again Jongin.