Chapter 6

That Hacker! (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         Yujin heard laughters as she walked to the dining room. Her eyebrows met hearing her brother's familiar chuckle. She frowned when she heard another chuckle that she refused to believe who the owner was.

         She stepped on the marble floor of their dining room seeing a laughing Hyungshik and the criminal beside him. She cleared , grabbing their attention. Hyungshik looked at her and waved, still laughing.

         "Good Morning Yunjinnie! Sit down. The cook made pasta for breakfast today, your favorite." he invited. Yujin gave him a stern look as if telling him no and looked at the man beside her brother.

         "Why is he here?" she asked, obviously not pleased.

         "Eating. What else?" Changjo answered, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Yujin scoffed at his answer.

         "I don't think I was asking you." she said with clear irritation in her voice before looking at her brother, "Why are you eating with him?" Yujin asked Hyungshik. Hyungshik cleared his throat before shrugging and taking a spoonful of his pasta.

         "I need to go to school, and to be able to go to school I have to eat my breakfast." he said before pointing to the man next to him, "He also needs to go to school, and he needs to eat breakfast before going to school." he suddenly took notice of his sister's outfit and found himself confused, "Why aren't you wearing your school uniform?" he asked.

         "I'm skipping school today. I'm not feeling well." she said and glared at Changjo, "Why is he going to school? I thought we agreed that he couldn't leave the house?!" Yujin said in fury, but still managed to keep calm. Hyungshik sighed as he stood up from his seat as if he was expecting his sister to get mad at him. He walked towards his sister and held both of her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

         "Changjo is still young. He needs to go to school." he said in a calm voice.

         "but--" Yujin tried to speak.

         "But nothing." Hyungshik cut her, "Those two policemen will keep watch of him at school, and he's a good guy if you get to know him. He's quite the joker himself too." he said and patted his sister's shoulders. Yujin just looked at him as if her brother was a crazy man. "Trust me." he pleaded. Yujin removed her brother's hand from her shoulders and sighed before glaring at the man sitting on their dining table, enjoyingly eating his breakfast.

         "I trust you." she started, "But I don't trust him." she said. Hyungshik gave his sister a tight hug before biding Changjo a 'goodbye' and walking towards the door. Yujin sighed knowing that she had no other say to this. She didn't want to disappoint her brother either because he's already done so much for her in this matter. All she could do now is trust him and hope that this hacker won't do anything suspicious at school.

         Yujin turned her back from the dining room and was about to go back to her room until a voice spoke behind her.

         "Where are you going? You haven't eaten your breakfast yet." Changjo said. Yujin turned around and faced Changjo, who was sitting so comfortably on his chair as if he was at his home. That sight made Yujin's blood boil. How could this man act this way in her home? He was supposed to be a prisoner; a criminal locked inside his room. Why was he out here sharing jokes with her brother?

         "Whether I eat my breakfast or not, nor whatever I do, is none of your business." Yujin spat out, furious, "Or if you're really that curious, I lost my appetite when I saw your face." she said in anger. Changjo placed a hand on his chest and faked a hurt look as if he was offended by what she said.

         "Wow. I was just concerned over your health." Changjo said, sarcastically. Yujin wanted to talk back and fight this man, but she was too tired with the conversation she just had with her brother, so she just rolled her eyes and turned her back on the boy and started walking back to her room. She thought she didn't have to speak to him if she left, but Changjo wasn't done with her yet.

         "So, I heard you're still a high school student," he said as he followed Yujin up the stairs, "Do you need any help in your lessons?" he asked. Yujin wasn't sure if his offer was sincere or he just said that to make himself feel higher and to just irritate her. But one thing she was sure of, she wasn't gonna accept his 'offer'.

         "What can I learn from a hacker like you?" she spat back, "All you do is sit on your computer all day and irritate other people." she said. Changjo couldn't help but scoff at her sentence. They reached the top of the stairs, and Yujin stopped walking, fully aware that her room is near and that if she did not stop walking, Changjo will follow her to her room.

         "For your information, hacking requires understanding a series of codes that you wouldn't understand." Changjo fought back as he, also, stopped walking.

         "What will I get from a series of weird codes?" she said, eyebrows raised. She turned her back from him and started walking but stopped after a few steps, realizing that Changjo was still following her.

         "Didn't Ms.Yun inform you that you're not allowed in this part of the house?" Yujin asked, still with her back faced to Changjo.

         "She did." he answered simply as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. Yujin quickly faced Changjo with a disbelieved face and crossed her arms.

         "And what are you doing right now?" she asked, earning a shrug from the boy.

         "I wanted to see your room." he said, making Yujin roll her eyes. Somehow, Yujin knew the fact that this boy didn't care about the rules. Even if he was told not to do something a million times, he would still do it. But Yujin wasn't the type of person to let those things happen.

         "Ms.Yun!" Yujin called. After a few moments, they hear a series of footsteps and Ms.Yun comes to Yujin's side.

         "Yes, Miss Yujin?" Ms.Yun asked.

         "Please tell the policemen downstairs to accompany MrJonghyun to the school immediately." she said, emotionless, looking straight at Changjo, who only stared back at her as if he was daring her to speak, "Please also tell them to make sure Mr.Changjo doesn't get near our rooms. If he does, my uncle will be hearing about their failure to their job." she ordered. Ms. Yun nodded and quickly went down the stairs to do what she was told.

         "Putting their careers in danger just for me to not go to you room is too much, don't you think? Why? Are you hiding something in there?" Changjo teased. Yujin only smirked at him. She heard footsteps coming from the stairs and she was sure the two policemen were already on their way up to get Changjo.

         "Study hard" she said, sarcastically, and walked to her room. Changjo was about to follow her again until two pairs of arms stopped him and dragged him away. Yujin could only laugh hearing Changjo's grunts and curses at the two men dragging him.

         Yujin sighed as she entered her room and plopped down on her bed. She didn't have a good morning at all. She didn't expect to that she had face Changjo so early in the morning. Her brother didn't make it much easier either.

         For the whole day, Yujin spent her time in front of her computer, watching music videos and listening to the newest tunes. By the time the afternoon arrived, she was chatting with Hayoung.

         'You let the hacker stay with you at your house?!' she read Hayoung's message. 'What did uncle say about it?'. Yujin sighed. She was once again reminded that her parents didn't know about what's happening. She wanted to tell them at first, although she knew they would get mad. But now, she couldn't imagine how mad and disappointed her parents will be when they find out that they hid something like this from them. What more she couldn't imagine was how mad they will be at her older brother. Hyungshik was the one who decided not to tell them, and their parents would know. Yujin wasn't the type of person that would hide such things from her parents. 

         'They don't know about it.' she typed before sending it to her bestfriend. She waited for a whole second and prepared to get a bombard of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter