Chapter 4

That Hacker! (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         “What?!” Yujin’s voice boomed inside the computer laboratory after hearing her uncle’s words.

         “It’s gone.” Her uncle repeated, “There was supposed to be some kind of data in this computer that would show that he entered another computer using this one. I was going to use it as evidence at court. Through that data, our victory against him at court will be certain.” He explained before glaring at the said hacker, “But I guess Mr.Jonghyun was a step ahead. He removed it before we could look for it.” He said.

         At her uncle’s words, Yujin couldn’t help but glare at the hacker.

         “This is pathetic.” The hacker smirked, “Yeah, I know a thing or two about hacking, but you have no proof that I was the one who hacked her account.” He defended, but Yujin wasn’t convinced.

         “What other proof do we need?” she spat back, letting her emotions get the best of her, “You we’re the one using this computer when the hacking happened!” she said before looking at her uncle, desperately, “Uncle, I’m sure he’s the hacker. I’m sure that he’s the one who hacked my account!” she said to her uncle.

         “And how are you so sure that it was me?” the hacker asked, cockily, making Yujin glare at him.

         Yujin walked towards him, glaring at him. Hyungshik held her arm, trying to stop his sister from doing anything stupid.

         “Hey, calm down.” Hyungshik said to his sister, “You’re not allowed to physically abuse a suspect.” He pointed out, making his sister glare at him.

         “I’m not gonna hurt him.” she said before she glared at the hacker. Hyungshik sighed, knowing that he can’t stop his sister from doing what she wants and just let her go. Yujin resumed in walking towards the hacker and stopped just right in front of him. If looks could kill, he would be dead by now, but Yujin had the idea that this guy wasn’t that easily scared.

         “The way you’re glaring at me right now is enough proof that you have something against me.” Yujin said before crossing her arms, “Tell me, Jonghyun, exactly why do you hate me so much that you would do such a thing?” she asked, her eyebrows raised. The hacker chuckled, making Yujin’s anger grow, before glaring back at Yujin.

         “I’d like you to ask yourself that.” He retorted, “You have proof that I have experience in hacking, but you have no proof that I was the one who hacked your account.” He pointed out, “and since you keep on accusing me of being the hacker, it’d be nice if you could just call me my code name, Changjo, instead of my real name.”

         Yujin could only look at him weirdly, as if he was a crazy man. She looked back to her uncle with a hopeful look.

         “There’s a way to retrieve that data, right?” she asked her uncle. Her uncle sighed, making her feel nervous. She was sure he was the hacker. For her, the fact that he was using the computer when the hacking happened, and that computer was used to hack her account, was enough proof for her. But just like what her uncle said, they might need more proof.

         “Of course we can retrieve it.” He said, making Yujin feel a little relaxed, “But it will take time.” He added, making Yujin immediately lose her relaxed feeling, “It could take weeks, months, or even a year. Depending on how good this guy hid the data.” He said as he glared at Changjo, once again.

         “We’ll start retrieving the data as soon as possible. Until we retrieve that data, this computer will be off limits.” Yujin’s uncle said as he stood up from the computer seat. “For now, let’s go to the principal’s office. We can’t talk here.”

         All of them walked out of the computer lab and went to the principal’s office. Yujin’s arms was crossed and she walked beside her uncle, who was walking in front, with her brother. Changjo on the other hand, was being dragged by the two policemen, behind them. He kept on getting mad and yelling at the two policemen. He tried to remove their arms from his, but his strength was no match against two trained policemen.

         They arrived at the principal’s office and the principal welcomed them. Yujin sat at the chair in front of the principal’s desk, Hyungshik and their uncle stayed stood, while the two policemen sat Changjo on the seat in front of Yujin and pushed his shoulder down, preventing him from standing up or running away.

         “So, it was Mr. Choi.” The principal chuckled, “It’s not much of a surprise.” He said making Changjo groan.

         “They have no proof” Changjo said casually as he slouched on his seat, making Yujin glare at him for the nth time

         “Oh? Then why are you here right now?” the principal asked.

         “We traced where the computer that was used for the hacking was. It was at your college computer laboratory.” Yujin’s uncle explained, “And at the time of the hacking, Mr.Choi was the one using the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter