Chapter 8 –Undying Love (Part 7)

The Pre-existence Seekers

General Jung Hyuk wore a black official robe and slinged his sword on his left waist. He looked ravishing and noble, with a manly aura. He was all smiles when he approached Lady Steve.

"Hyuk, you came." Lady Steve's eyes were overflowing with love and tenderness towards General Jung Hyuk. They smiled and looked at each other with a smile. I gasped at the lovely sight, now I understand the English saying "A picture speaks a thousands words". I probably seen a thousand words now, hellloooooo I did pay attention in classes okay. They looked so happy and blissful and I was delighted for them. In this conservative era, it was difficult to marry someone you loved and the marriages here were all arranged. It could be on your wedding night that you first saw your spouse, I am not kidding you. It true and I learnt all this from the Chinese literature works and heard from Sun Ho.

"Hyuk, aren't you suppose to attend the morning session in Court."

"Yes, Qin. but...."

"My dear brother wanted to see you first, sister–in–law." Both General Jung Hyuk and Lady Steve blushed. "Brother, it is time for us to set off now to Court." I followed the soft voice and saw a young man walking towards us. He was wearing a sky blue official robe and he appeared younger than General Jung Hyuk. He was fairer and he did resemble General Jung Hyuk but he had the scholarly feel instead.

"Ji Hoon, stop teasing us already." General Jung Hyuk's face was still red despite he was tan. I never knew that General Jung Hyuk could be this adorable. Wait, this Ji Hoon guy was the younger brother who started tbe 'cause' which landed Steve Jung and General Jung Hyuk in tragedy for 3 lives. However, he did not look like a bad guy, much less a ? was he probably having split personalities like a set of behaviour in the daytime and another set of behaviour in the night time? Wait, I remember that is a phrase for this type of situation... what was it huh....Yes, schizophrenia! I am so impressed at myself (^o^) here to use such a bombastic and profound words........

"You two will get marry soon and why are you still feeling so shy?" Ji Hoon smirked at them.

"Aishi, Ji Hoon. Stop it. You are so disrespectful to me, your elder brother." General Jung Hyuk started to rubbed the back of his neck and told Ji Hoon off while smacking Ji Hoon's head.

"You almost murder me, your cute and only younger brother." Ji Hoon yelled out in pain and rubbed his head. Suddenly, the 3 of them burst into laughter. Looking at the scene before me, I could never believe that thing would turn out so shockingly in future. I kept looking at them and the sudden change in Ji Hoon's eyes did not escape from my sharp observation.

I stayed at Ming Manor for a few days already and I counted that General Jung Hyuk would be send to the warzone in another 2 weeks. Everyday without fail, General Jung Hyuk would drop by to visit Lady Steve before attending the Court sessions. Without fail, Ji Hoon would be the one teasing and hurried General Jung Hyuk to set off. From my observation on Ji Hoon this few days, he seemed to be secretly in love with Lady Steve. I saw the brief disappointment and suppression in his eyes and I was like kind of pitying him. But how could such a gentle Ji Hoon did such a unethical thing which puzzled me a lot.

I shook my head trying not to think too much.  General Jung Hyuk was still around and I decided to roam about this city in this prosperous Tang dynasty. It was coincident that Jun Jin sent me to the bazaar to buy something and I decided to seize this rare occasion to explore this place. When I stepped into the bazaar, it was bustling with activities and the air seemed so fresh and relaxed. Everything was new to me and I was like a curious child, staring in awe by everything. Well, this was my maiden time travel and to exotic ancient China and I had been fascinated by her rich 5000 plus years of history, culture and heritage. (^_^). While I was walking and stopping frequently, I heard screams and looked towards the source. From far, I saw someone riding a horse at fast speed towards the bazaar. I was angry at the idiot for doing this for innocent folks could be hurt.

"Oh my child." I heard a scream from a woman. Instinctively, I ran towards a 3 or 4 years old boy and pushed him out of the way while I reached to my inner pocket and lifted out a piece of talisman. I am throwing Hyesung's warning out as I had to protect the folks from this idiot. I chanted a silent spell before I paste my talisman on the horse leg which was so close to stamp on me. The horse frozen in its movement and I saw the rider and to my surprise, he was the old man, Minwoo. I saw Minwoo's dark and clear eyes with slight shockness in them.

"Kim Dongwan..." He remembered my name. Quickly, I stoop down to take away my talisman and his horse landed his feet. Minwoo's horse merely let out a sound and paced around and not galloping off before my talisman was pasted on it. I also saw that Minwoo's hands were gripping tightly on the reins, so he was also trying to stop and save the little boy. Somehow, I did not find him a jerk. 

"Kim Dongwan, what happened?"

"Luckily you pulled the reins in time and stopped your horse else the little boy would be seriously hurt." I came up with an excuse in case, he saw what I had done earlier on. "And lastly, you should not be riding in the bazaar as it was very dangerous and did you know that...." Before I could finish my lecture, I felt a hand grabbing me up and soon, I was riding with Minwoo away on his horse and in the direction of the city gate. Oh my god, don't tell me that he intended to dump me back to the deserted land where he first saw me. Oh no, I am in trouble.

I looked up timidly at Minwoo and his face was deadly in red due to anger and he clenched his fists during the ride, without looking or speaking to me. I was too scared to say anything but to ride silently while his hand was still on my waist. I did not know how long that we had travelled till he stopped near a stream. He slipped down on the horse and brought me down as well. It was then I realized that his palms were red and had laceration of the reins. Oh, Minwoo probably sustained those injuries when he was pulled the rein really hard to save the boy. After thinking of this, I did not feel angry or frightened of what he did. Minwoo merely sat by the stream and throwing pebbles furiously into the water.

"Er Minwoo, is there anything troubling you?" I asked cautiously at him.

Minwoo's expression changed from being frustrated and into agitated. " Yes, something bothering me!"

"Would you want to say it out and to release the pent up emotion in you. It is unhealthy to keep things bottled up, you know." I looked at him and continued " Beside, I do not know you much and you could tell me about it. Your secret is safe with me for I am like a stone." I grinned. 

Minwoo's expression soften and he snorted" I do not think that there is a stone that is as naggy and talkative as you."

I pouted and he laughed seeing my actions. I could not help and burst out laughing too for he looked so nice with his smile rather than his cold grim looks earlier.

"My father passed away leaving me and my  mother. My father left me huge fortune but my uncle wanted to seize it from me. I knew my uncle too well and he had been against me for a while. Most of my clan were on his side. Thought I am the eldest son of my father who was the head of the household, no one listen to me at all. They accepted the useless ideas from my uncle and disapproved my proposals." I could sense anger and mixed feeling in Minwoo's voice when he said all that.

Minwoo's plight was definitely familiar like those plot on the dramas back home. It seemed that rich man's son did not have an easy life too. I decided to console him a bit using the lines from the dramas, well it's a good thing that I am into dramas and now it came in handy for me. 

" Well, your uncle sounded like a baddie. You must not be despair and you should continue your fight against him. So what everyone are on his side? I am sure there bound to be a few people on your side.  Moreover you are the rightful heir to the fortune and to the title of the head of the household. You can't take your uncle head on openly but you could think of strategies to get back at him eg try to get support from his side to your side.Slowly increase your supporters and when he least expect it, you gave him a deadly blow and make sure that he could never get back on his feet to get even with you again." With one breathe, I recited the plot that I usually seen in the drama of struggling powers within the families. 

Minwoo looked at me bewildered and I believed that he was amazed by my advice. I had never felt so proud of myself before. "Thank you to the script writers of those dramas." I said my gratitude in silent.

" When I first saw you, you are in some weird clothing. So where are you from?"

"I came from a far away country." I did not know how to explain to him that I came from 20th century and he would not believe me anyway, likely to take me as a lunatic. It was still true that I came from far away.

"You are interesting and entertaining. I felt better now after talking to you." Minwoo gave me a brilliant smile which dazed me and I could not take my eyes off him.

"Are you alright? How come you are so quiet?" Minwoo waved his hands at me.

"Er, you like riding?" I was embarrassed and tried to change topic.

"Yes, especially when my mood is not so good like today."

"Well, you can look for me to talk if you are feeling vexed which is much better than endangering other's lives." I was surprised at my words. It seemed I wanted to see him again.

"Fine, I will look for you Wannie." He ruffled my hair.

"Hey, don't touch my precious hair. And I am called Kim Dongwan and not Wannie!"

"Let's go back before someone discovered that I am away." 

"You mean you sneaked out from home?" I gasped. 

"Sshh Wannie."

"Yah, I am not Wannie, you Minbongie." I chuckled at the nickname that I made for him.

" Ha ha you are interesting. No one dared to make fun of me and gave me such a nickname." 

I gave him a merong face before he pulled me up and left.