Chapter 60 - Forbidden Love (Part 1)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I returned to 'Twist of Fate'. The moment that I stepped into the place, my knees gave way and I sat on the floor. All the ordeals that I had been through made me think that I was in a long dream. A familiar figure entered and came into my view. I could not help it but ran towards his embrace," Teacher... I got the Manjusa... Eric hyung can be saved.... Eric hyung...." Maybe Heechul spreaded to me because I was crying hard now and my tears just kept flowing.

Hyesung hugged me gently and did not say anything.

"Teacher, it was so scary in the Underworld. Do you know that I almost turned into a tree and I almost could not make it back...." I was blabbing everything out and all the pent up emotions was released at once.

"Welcome back," Hyesung said softly and he hugged me a bit tighter. Was I imagining? I felt Hyesung's heart beat was faster than usual?

"Dongwan, stop crying. Everything will end. Soon." Hyesung patted me.

When I raised my head from Hyesung's chest, I saw the concern in his dark purple iris and sadness In his blue iris. Why I can't feel any happiness or relief in Hyesung's eyes? Why did I feel pains instead?

"Teacher, the Manjusa is in here." I took my earring and passed to Hyesung.

Hyesung took the earring," This?"

I nodded," Hades gave it to me. Manjusa is inside the earring. It is a long story and I will tell you later."

Hyesung blew gently at the earring and similarly as what Siwon did, the orange Manjusa appeared.

"I will wake Eric up and you just wait here." Hyesung walked towards Eric hyung's room and locked the door. Watching Hyesung, I recalled Siwon's words. Hyesung was not a mortal.

I did not know how long it had been and I was feeling nervous. I did not know what happened in the room when the door creaked open...

I widened my eyes, staring hard at the man standing by the doorway, a feeble but smiling man.

"Erowan, what happened? It must been so long that you last saw such a handsome, y, hot and dashing man like me." I saw the evil grin on Eric hyung's face.

I laughed and at the same time cried. The tears rolled down my cheeks till the corner of my mouth. I tasted it and it was salty.... I thought everyone said that the tears of joy was sweet?

"That is right! You are the most handsome, y, hot and dashing man in the whole wide world." I yelled and jumped onto Eric hyung. "It is wonderful that you are awake. You are well again...." At this very moment, everything I had been through in the Underworld was worth it!

Eric hyung ruffled my hair," Erowan, or I shall call you Foolishwan? To think you went to the Underworld for me.... You...." Eric hyung gave me a bear hug and I felt my bones breaking. "I am back." I heard Eric hyung's shaky voice.

I nodded my head vigorously and also hugged Eric hyung tightly too. "Welcome home hyung." My voice was croaking.

Eric hyung should be resting as he just recovered not long ago but he insisted to have a good feast. As usual, Hyesung did not join us. To tell the truth, I was exhausted as well but I was feeling hungry after Eric hyung was telling me all the food that he was going to eat. The main attraction for me was that Eric hyung said that he would be treating me to Shinhwa Restaurant - the most  expensive and high class restaurant here!

"My taste buds are not fully recovered after I had been unconscious for so long." Eric hyung sighed while he was eating his medium rare steak.

"Hmmm.." I could not be bothered. What Underworld and what Heaven? Nothing beats the human world with all these great food! We ordered a lot of food which could feed half a dozen of people.

"Eric hyung..." I stopped eating.

Eric hyung guessed what I wanted to say and he stopped eating too. "About Lynn, it had passed. She was part of my past life. I should be cherishing and enjoying this life right Erowan?"

I smiled," I am glad that you think this way. But if you need a shoulder to cry, I can lend you mine."

Eric hyung laughed and flicked my forehead," Huh, your scrawny shoulders, are you judging me? Maybe I should contact my girlfriends." Despite the smiles on Eric hyung's face, his sorrow could not escape my eyes. Maybe time would heal the wounds. Eric hyung needed some time.

"Say Erowan, it must be hard on you in the Underworld." Eric hyung changed the topic.

"Well, it was not too bad." Yesung's sad eyes appeared in my mind, the images of Donghae playing his harp for Eunhyuk appeared, the kind hearted Heechul, Leteuk who had insomnia and the devoted Siwon. They did not seem so cold and distant anymore.

"Erowan." Eric hyung waved his hand in front of me.

"Eric hyung, just one more mission and we can live happily ever after." I smiled happily.

"Yup but you may find life boring then." Eric hyung started attacking the seafood platter.

"Oh no!" I remembered something suddenly. M came here and what if M bumped into Eric hyung..... The fierce battle at M castle came to my mind again.

"What?"

"Oh nothing Eric hyung. Nothing."

It was late in the night when we finally finished our dinner.

"Let go back and rest early." I yawned along the way.

"Rest! My brain is dead from the long rest." Eric hyung kicked a pebble in the pavement.

"Haha. A handsome brain dead guy." I made fun of Eric hyung.

Eric hyung arm locked me and smirked," Erowan, you dare to mock at me."

"Hyung can't breathe." I exaggerated by flapping my arms for air.

When Eric hyung released me, I arm locked him and ruffled up his hair. I knew Eric hyung hated anyone who touched his hair. He was cursing and swearing at me; and started wiggerling out. 

I laughed and finally released him. "You started bullying me first hyung...." I stopped and let out a loud sneeze. I felt cold all of a sudden.

I saw someone standing slightly ahead of me and I was shocked. Those silky white hair and the icy blue eyes... He was M!

In my heart, I was elated to see M again. I very much wanted to tell him what I had been through in the Underworld but Eric hyung was here....

"You are awake." M looked at Eric hyung with a blank expression.

Eric hyung was dazed for a few seconds before he collected himself," You are actually here?"

The way that the two of them glared at each other scared me. It was as thought the sun was going to collide with the moon.... I ran to the middle of them and stopped them.

"Stop! No one is to do anything!" I yelled.

None of them spoke but continued with their staring at each other. I rolled my eyes at them. Aishi, they were behaving like a pair of 5 years old brats!

"Ya, if you two are continuingike this, I am going off. Goodbye." I turned my head and moved forward.

"Wait." M stopped the staring and pulled my arm.

Eric hyung let out a victorious smirk but quickly, he started to rub his eyes while whining," My eyes hurt." I chuckled at his whisperings.

"Wannie, where have you been for the past few weeks?" M tightened his grasp on my arm and anger was seen in his eyes.

"I er I made a trip to the Underworld." After I replied, I sensed M's body shaking.

"What! The Underworld?" M repeated ," For this jerk?"

"Yes but mind you, I am no jerk." Eric hyung stopped rubbing his eyes," only the Manjusa flower in the Underworld could revive the other half of my soul. In order to save me, Dongwan braved through the Underworld." Eric hyung stopped and smiled at me," He is really an idiot right?"

M glanced at me and the corner of his lips curved upwards," I agree that Wannie is such an idiot."

I gasped like a goldfish. Since when they became allies when mere minutes ago, they were about to fight with each other. The thing that pissed me off was that they agreed instantly that I was an idiot!

"To think you came here."

"Because I am M, I exist because of Wannie."

Eric hyung looked earnestly at M," Too bad, you are not a human."

"Human." M scoffed," The love of a human. How long can it last? One year? Three years? Ten years? Fifty years?" M's eyes flickered," My love is for eternity."

"So what your love is for eternity? Do you forget that Dongwan is a human, a mortal. He will die one day and disappear from earth." Eric hyung's gaze turned sharp.

"I will seek for Wannie." M spoke gently while looking at me.

"Huh?"

"If Wannie disappear, I will find him. Disappear again, I will find him again. I will find him again and again." M's voice became softer and his icy blue iris seemed to turn transparent.

I looked at M and a warm feeling spread through me from my heart. M, is this the eternity that you were talking about?

Eric hyung stared hard at M and sighed," I give up. I will not let you off if you hurt Dongwan!"

M grinned and pulled me into a hug. "Wannie, see. Eric is entrusting you to me."

Before I could say anything, I was pulled by another force and I realized that I was by Eric hyung's side.

"Since when did I entrust Dongwan to you!" Eric hyung roared at M.

"You said you give up."

"By giving up, I do not mean entrusting Dongwan to you! Can't you understand?"

"To me, it is!"

"M, you want to fight it out is it?"

"Gladly!"

"Show me what you got!"

"STOP." This time, it was my turn to get angry. "Am I dead here to you two? I already said no fighting! M, you better go back now. Eric hyung, let's go!" I pulled Eric hyung's collar.

"Wannie, meet me here at 7pm tomorrow." M called out to me in a delighted tone.

"To hell will he turn up!" Eric hyung yelled back and shook his fist at M.

"We are going back." I sighed. Aishi, these two.... Oh well, they got along better than what I had anticipated though it was still a bit furry. But they did not seemed to be like sworn enemies....