Chapter 45 - Dark Love (Part 5)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I was shocked beyond words and I wanted to stop Melissa but M stopped me. It was too late! I saw bright red sparks emitting from Edward's body and they shot at us. I was unable to dodge it but M pulled me to him and casted a shield over us. 

I looked at Eric hyung, he was clutching his left chest and fallen on his feet. I was worried and scared. "Eric hyung! Eric hyung!" My breathe stopped when I saw him remained motionlessly. I ran towards him when the shield disappeared. "Eric hyung! Stay with me! You can't sleep now! Eric hyung."

Eric hyung opened his eyes slightly and a weak voice came out," Lynn...." Eric hyung closed his eyes. I saw Lynn trembling too but she chose to stay with Edward and not coming over to Eric hyung. Watching her, I was infuriated. If it was not for this woman, all this would not have happened! Since she still had feelings for Edward, why did she fell for Eric hyung. Because of her, Eric hyung landed in this state! Eric hyung did not deserve all this!

M realized what had happened and he looked at me with his tender glare. He put his arm over my shoulders. "Melissa, why did you do this? Are you insane? Is it worth for you to sacrifice your life and soul?"

Melissa smiled while she looked at the unconscious Edward," Yes, I am willing. Since Edward saved me from the stake when I was to be burnt alive, I vowed to protect him even if I had to give up my life." There was a contented smile on Melissa's expression. " I kept to my promise... " Melissa turned to me," How could you wear my necklace? Could it be you had some relation to do with the Underworld, you...."

Melussa did not finish her words as she disintegrated into ashes and crumbled. Soul Seeker dropped onto the floor with a loud thud.

Me and Undetworld? Why was she talking about? I was in a mess and I was worried about Eric hyung who lie unconscious in my lap. I am really useless, I could not save Eric hyung! Now he would be eternally coma... I could not stop my tears from gushing out, I cried out loud and I was pulled into a cold embrace. I leaned my head against him and blared out my sorrow. M did not say anything and just hugged me while smoothing my back.

"Whoever caused my Wannie to be so sad, I sweared to make them pay!" M growled.

I was worried when I heard that and I pulled out from M's embrace. I saw Lynn holding Edward closer while she looked terrified at us. I hates them but I knew that their fate was nothing less cruel. So what I killed them now, Eric hyung remained as he was. Half of Eric hyung's soul would not come back. I tugged at M and shook my head. The only thing that I could do was to bring Eric hyung back, maybe Hyesung could save him.

"Wannie, are you okay?" M held my hand. Though his palm was cold but my heart felt warm.

"M, I wanted to ask you how did you come here?"

Thereat, the blue lights appeared from my locket and surrounded M. It happened again just like how M appeared. "M, what happened?" I was terrified.

M knitted his brows as the lights were making him uncomfortable. "Wannie, I do not know what happened. I heard someone calling for me and some mystery force brought me to you, maybe..." M smiled," Your heart is calling out for me."

I looked intesively into M's eyes," Thank you. Thank you for coming to me." Slowly I saw M started to disappear with the lights. "Are you leaving me as well M!"

There was longing in M's eyes but it was not that sad as previously. M gave me a grin," Wannie, wait for me. I will find you soon. We will meet again, in your time... Till then, we will never part..."

I could not say anything but to see M disappearing from my view. 'Take care. I am looking forward to see you again. We might meet in my time...'

I held up Eric hyung and called out for Hyesung. My bracelet and Eric hyung's bracelet glowed. When I heard Hyesung's voice, my tears gushed out again," Teacher, Eric hyung's soul.... Sealed away...." I could not continue.

"Dongwan, just come back with Eric."

When I saw that I was at 'Twist of Fate' and saw that Hyesung was looking at me, I burst into tears and held into Hyesung for my dear life," I am useless, I can't save Eric hyung..."

Hyesung patted my back gently and I released him. I saw Eric hyung lying on his bed with his eyes closed but his expression was peaceful. Eric hyung seemed to be in deep slumber as his breathing was smooth and constant.

"I never knew that Melissa could use the Black curse." Hyesung whispered while Eric hyung's hair," It is not your fault Dongwan."

"Teacher, please save Eric hyung. I know you could." I begged Hyesung.

Hyesung let out a long sigh," Destiny. No one could escape it."

"What?"

"Nothing." Hyesung did not look at me," There is only one way or one thing that could save Eric."

"Manjusa." Hyesung spoke slowly.

My heart sank after hearing from Hyesung. Manjusa or know as the Flower of the Underworld. The only place that it could be found was at the 3 rivers of the Underworld. 

The Underworld. It was Hell which we all knew as and it was ruled by Hades. Underworld, a place of eternal Darkness, Death and Sufferings which contained the unknown to the mortals. There grew Manjusa which was the only cure for Eric hyung.

"Teacher, I want to go to the Underworld." I paused. If it was not my carelessness, if only I could stop Melissa, all this would not have happened. I had to atone for my mistake. Even if I had to barge into the Underworld, I would do it.

Hyesung did not seemed to have heard what I said for he did not speak. He seemed to fallen deep in thoughts and his facial expressions were weird.

"Teacher, let me go to the Underworld." I raised my voice slightly.

Hyesung jerked out from his thoughts and stared at me silently. I felt uneasy at Hyesung's stare and slowly, his expression turned," it is not the time yet."

"Not the time yet? Then when can I go?" I asked

" Dongwan, you go and take a rest. We talk about this subsequently." Hyesung replied coldly.

"No. Why? Tell me, Teacher? You had the abilities to send us traveling through time and dimension. Don't you have the ability to send me to the Underworld? Being our teacher, where were you when Eric hyung and I were in danger? You never appear to save us! You adopted Eric hyung and me just to complete the tasks for you. You do not care if we are alive or not!" I exploded and blasted my feeling out.

"What did you just say, Dongwan!" Hyesung's face changed.

"I said you made Eric hyung and I did your tasks and you could not be bother about us!" I snapped at Hyesung.

"I am not allowed to help you!" There was anger in Hyesung's tone.

"Why? Tell me! You owed me an explanation!" I could not be bothered about the way I spoke to Hyesung," Why do we have to collect tears? Till when do we stop? This life? Or forever? Even till next life or all our lives!"

Hyesung pulled me into his embrace but I struggled. Hyesung trembled but continued to hug me, not letting me go. " I am sorry." I heard Hyesung's hoarse voice. I was shocked. Did I hear wrongly? Hyesung apologized to me! But why did he apologize to me?

"Teacher, I want to go to the Underworld. Please send me there. I want to save Eric hyung." I pleaded and whined like a little boy in Hyesung's embrace. 

"Dongwan, calm down. I am anxious to save Eric as well. Before we collected enough tears drops, I am unable to send you to the Underworld." Hyesung whispered helplessly.

" So you promise to send me to the Underworld once we collected enough tears drops?" I asked again.

Hyesung's different coloured iris changed," Are you sure that you want to go?"

I nodded a few times.

"Even if you are not willing, you had no choice but to go there..." Hyesung muttered to himself.

I was surprised at Hyesung's words. Did he meant that I would go to the Underworld when I am dead? Well I think everyone would die one day.

"When will we collect enough tears drops?"

"Very soon, Dongwan." Hyesung sighed. Hyesung left me and walked out of the room. 

I patted Eric hyung's hair. No matter what, I would not let him to sleep forever. I had a lot of questions in my mind. Was it a coincident that Lynn and I looked alike? If not, why was I able to wear her necklace? What did Melissa imply when she said that I might be related to the Underworld? Was her words true and was that the reason that I could wear Lynn's necklace? Why did M appear to help me? Was M related to all this? I had no clue or answers to my questions.