Chapter 42 - Dark Love ( Part 2)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I followed the large black butterfly and I located Eric hyung's hiding place. Eric hyung had cast a shield over the place and at the moment, Melissa had yet to hunt him down. However, this shield seemed quite weak and I went through it effortlessly. 

I saw a girl and she was tending to a very weak Eric hyung on the bed. What shocked me was that she and me looked like twin. She was the female version of me, except we have different colour of our iris. I wasted no time on her but went to Eric hyung.

"Eric hyung. Are you okay? What happened? How was your soul being sealed by Melissa? Who is she?" At my last question, I pointed at the girl.

"Erowan, you are a problem kid. You asked me so many questions at one go....." Before Eric hyung could continue, he coughed violently and spat out blood. The girl shrieked while I went over to Eric hyung to support him. " Half of your soul was gone and you dare to use the blood curse! Are you out if your mind?"

"If not, how could I appear to you earlier?" Eric hyung struggled to get up.

"Eric hyung, you must stay safe!" I was terrified as I had never seen Eric hyung in such a sorry state, given his skill and power. I was too scared till I hugged him tightly.

"Erowan, you are a stupid fool!" Eric hyung smiled weakly.

The girl cleaned up Eric hyung and sobbed." It was all my fault and caused all this to you. I did not know my brother will do this to you, Eric."

Eric hyung looked at her lovingly," Lynn, do not blame yourself." I had never seen such a gentle expression on Eric hyung, not even when he was dating all the girls back home.

"Lynn! You are Lynn Porwill? Edward Porwill's sister?" I gasped while she nodded. I heard about Lynn Porwill though many history book never really mention her. Edward Porwill and Lynn Porwill were not blood related siblings. Edward's father married Lynn's mother. It was rumored that Edwards and Lynn fell in love and though they were unrelated, people of this era perceived them committing . It was also rumored that Edward made use of his sister as a tool in his power struggle. He forced her to marry the powerful lords and secretly murdered her husbands. Hence that was how he managed to conquered half of Italy! Eric hyung could not escape his destiny. He fell in love with his past life's lover. No matter, how many times that Eric hyung reborn, he was still in love with her.

"Lynn, you tell me what happened?" I had calmed down.

"I... I fell in love with Eric. My brother knew about it and he was very angry! He poisoned Eric..." Lynn hesitated.

"Eric hyung was so skillful and how could he be poisoned?" I was puzzled.

"My brother knew that Eric was formidable and gotten Melissa to place poison on my lipstick. Eric was careless and...."

All this made sense. Eric must had been poisoned when he kissed Lynn. No one would suspected their lover on this. 

"Yes, I was careless. After I was poisoned, Melissa appeared and sealed my soul away. Luckily, I was able to fend mysèlf against her and she only managed to seal half of my soul. Unfortunately, Soul Seeker was taken away by Melissa." Eric hyung sighed.

"Eric hyung, I had a doubt. Why would Melissa seal away your soul? It would be easier to seal away your power?"

"Melissa knew that I am...." Eric hyung shook his head while looking at Lynn who was getting a clean set of clothes for him.

Melissa knew that Eric hyung and Edward were of the same soul? With them co existing in the same era, probably it would have certain impact on them. Was it why she had to seal away Eric hyung's soul? Having the same soul and the best place to deal with it was to seal it within Edward's body. So Eric hyung's soul could be devour by Edward's soul. Slowly, Eric hyung's life would be in danger too. I could not sit and wait any longer. "Eric hyung, I am going to get your soul back!"

"No! You are going anywhere!"

"But Eric hyung, you knew the danger of having just half of your soul!" I raised my voice at him. If anything happened, the worst consequence was death and the mildest would be eternal coma!

"No! I am not going to repeat myself! I will ensure that you leave here! Do you hear me! Kim Dongwan!" Eric hyung's turned very pale. I suspected that he over exert himself and he was falling asleep. 

I could not delay the matter any further. I had to get back Eric hyung's soul before it was devoured. I recalled Hyesung saying that if a soul was sealed away in the host's body, there would be a red marking in the form of a blood drop. Once you pierced through the blood drop marking, the trapped soul could be released. However, this was no easy task. How could I get close to Edward? The blood drop marking could be at any part of his body and how could I locate it. Beside, he had Melissa by his side which added to the difficulties.

While I was deep in thoughts, I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around, seeing Lynn. I greeted her politely and she took a seat opposite me. Looking at Lynn, I was puzzled that we looked quite alike though Hyesubg said that I was totally unrelated to anyone in this era.

"Dongwan? I intend to return home." Lynn's voice was trembling," I will beg my brother to spare Eric...." I saw that Lynn's body was trembling as well, was she afraid of Edward? 

"No, you can't return home! If you do so, it will hurt Eric hyung." While looking at Lynn, an idea striked me. " I will be the one going in your place."

"No, Dongwan. You are Eric's brother and he had forbidden you to go anywhere!" Lynn looked at me worriedly.

"My mind is set and I will try my best to save Eric hyung. So I will leave him in your care." I looked firmly at Lynn." I will disguise as you and get close to Edward. Now, I need to find out about Edward from you so that he would not suspect me of anything."

Lynn bit her lips and removed her necklace. "This was given to me by Melissa when I was almost drown. This necklace contained my blood and the water from the underworld. I could float on any water surface by wearing this but this necklace recognize me as the owner because of my blood. The wearer other than me will faint upon wearing it...."

I had heard about the river of the underworld and I was surprised that Melissa was able to lay her hand on this. Just who was she? " Can you tell me more about Melissa?"

"Melissa was about the same age as me but her appearance was like a 10 years old girl. It was because she had a rare disease which stop her growth and she remained like that forever. Because of this, she was deemed as a cursed person and was about to be burnt alive. My brother saved her life a few years ago."

"Oh. Lynn, pass me your necklace." I wore it around my neck and nothing happen to me. "Look, I am okay."

"Dongwan, how could you be able to wear my necklace?"

Well, I did not think too much after I took a good look at the necklace. It was very ordinary necklace with a big heart shape locket. I opened it and it was empty. I decided to place M's necklace into the locket in case it exposed my identity. Slowly, I chatted with Lynn to find out more about Edward and by the time we ended our conversation, it was dawn. I borrowed Lynn's clothing and transformed myself into a girl. I could see the surprise in Lynn after I came out. I used my disguise charm to change my iris colour to green.

Soon, I set off to Edward's mansion and along the way, I kept reminding myself that I was Lynn. The guards at the mansion bowed at me and ushered me in. I saw a young girl running out to the main hall, looking at me. She must be Melissa. She looked like an innocent 10 years old girl with long silky dark brown hair. Except that this girl had a pair of eyes which did not match her age and she was dressed in a black little dress and with a little black hat as an ornament on her hair. She looked at me from top to bottom closely but when she saw the necklace, she smiled at me," Welcome back Lady Lynn."

I stared at the girl and I could not say anything. She was a demonic-angelic child which was so scheming to poison Eric hyung. The next moment, I heard running steps from the doorway and Melissa's voice brought me back to my senses. " Duke, Lady Lynn is back."

Duke? This could mean Edward Porwill. I took a deep breathe and turned around. The man who entered the main hall had black wavy short hair and with a cold stern but handsome features. When I looked into his eyes, his emerald green iris striked me. Those plain green iris emitted a suffocating aura like the aura of Death.

Edward ran to me and pulled me into his embrace. " Lynn, my dear Lynn. You are finally back!"

"Edward, I am so sorry. I will not leave you again." I lowered my gaze to avoid his deathly gaze.

"Lynn, are you back because if him!" Edward lifted my chin and I could see fury in those deathly iris.

"No, Eric cheated on me. He did not love me but was using me to get his revenge on you." I pretended to be sad and buried my face in my hands.

"Hush, Lynn. Say no more. You have me and I will protect you." Edward kissed my hair," you must be tired. Let me take you to your room to rest." Edward held my hand and led me away. To Lynn, he had his special gentle side.....