Chapter 22 -Forgotten Love (Part 9)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I reached to the shouting and I was shocked upon seeing it. Dressed in a tight suit of black attire, M appeared there and under the silver moonlight, I saw that his long snowy white hair was messy being blown by the winds. His beautiful facial was lit up with an evil smirk. Well this was not the shocking image I was referring to. The shocking part was that there was a big crowd of bats fluttering around M. They were vampire bats and they were carrying an unconscious Jane away, in the skies.

"Damn you M, let go of her before you got the wrath of me!" I yelled at M plus the same time, I cursed at him. Why did M had to take Jane whom I was supposed to rescue in order to complete my task. 

"Oh my dear, you are here. I wanted some fresh blood to celebrate our marriage and she happened to appear." M gave me a flying kiss.

" You better let her go or else..... " I quickly concentrated and took a talisman to attack him before he cast any barrier. My takisman turned a red light and shot at him. M was surrounded by golden lights which pierced through the red light and came to my direction. It was too sudden and I was unable to cast any shield as protection. The golden light hit my abodmin and I flew a short distance away. I was in pain and I could not get on my feet.

I felt someone hugging me and I was in M's embrace. " My dear, you are so naughty. If you kept thinking of attacking me then I had no choice but to seal away your power." M whispered to me and I felt a wet, ticklish feeling at my earlobe.

" You dirty old man, why did you keep harassing me?" I gritted my teeth as I yelled at M. I was very near to completion of my task and was about to call Hyesung to get me home.

An icy cold finger was pressed on my lips and M's blue iris gleamed. "Don't you know that once a Pure Blood chosen his partner, he will not give up. I will harass you for 100 years, 1000 years or eternity." M started to caress my cheeks.

" You ert!" I smacked M's hand away. " I will let you taste hell if you kept harassing me."

M chuckled and got up before he walked away.

"Let go of her!" I struggled to my feet to chase after M.

M turned around and gave me an alluring smile," I will keep her safe till you come to me." M started to brush away his hair to his ears.

"To where? Where can I find you?"

M snapped his finger and a vampire bat flew to me. " Follow it and you will find me but I will give you 3 days only. After that, I might take her blood." After the last word, M, Jane and the vampire bats flew away and vanished. 

What should I do? I could not abandon Jane. I eyes the vampire bat in front of me viciously, wanting to strangled it. I guessed I had to look for M.

"Dongwan..." I heard a voice behind me.

I knew that voice well enough and when I turned around, I saw a terrified Andy.

" Who are you?" 

I looked at Andy and smiled," You wanted me to leave and so I am badeing farewell to you."

"Now?" A brief flash of sadness was in Andy's eyes.

"Yes." I nodded.

Andy did not say anything. His golden hair was emitting a faint glow under the moonlight. I could not see any expression in his handsome purple iris. His shadow seemed lonely and sad. I will miss Andy as he had helped me a lot here. I came to Andy and hugged him. "Thank you." I whispered before rubbing his back. After a while, I released him and his eyes looked extremely soft and tender, unlike his usual coldness. 

"You better leave now."

I nodded and ran to the vampire bat. "Lead me to your master." M, just you wait. I am coming and I will not go easy on you. Marked my words.

I was well aware that I was no match for M but I had to give it a shot in order to save Jane. I could only hope to rescue Jane, escaped from M and called for Hyesung to return home. I followed the vampire bat for a long time before I saw a castle situated at a clif. When I got closer, I saw that the castle was quite old and green creepers were crawling all over the external walls. However, in front of the castle, grew the white 'Queen of the night' which were night blooming flowers. Queen of the Night bloomed after nightfall and by dawn, they were in the process of wilting. Their fragrant were attractive and were highly sought after. It was very rare for Queen of the night to be found here as they were usually found in the tropical regions. To me, the attractive Queen of the night seemed as if they had been totally drained of blood thus seemed in ghostly pale white and not purity white. The castle looked mysterious and a sense of great evil aura oozed out.

I mustered up my courage and stood in front of the heavy black metal gate. Just as I reached, the gate creaked open and a servant bowed to me," Prince M wait for your arrival." This servant seemed ordinary but being M's servant meant that he was a vampire. I followed his lead and walked towards the castle. Along the way, I saw a few bronze statues but under the darkness, they seemed menacing and not grand.

When we entered the castle, it was lavishly decorated and seemed similar to the design in Madam Victoria's castle except that it was dimmer. I was looking around the interior in search of Jane when a cold breathe hit my neck and I squealed. Sure enough, M appeared right behind me like a phantom and he gave me a bright smile. "Welcome to my castle, my dear."

"M, where is the girl?" I retreated as I wanted to get my neck to a safety zone in case M sank his fangs into my neck. 

"Later, now come with me!" M took my wrist and pulled me off. His hands were terribly cold and the coldness shot through to my arms and to my heart. Before I could say anything, M led me to a room. It was a dining hall and a grand glass dining table stood in the middle of the hall. M led me to my seat and he whispered into my ear," You are hungry right? Let's eat something."

"Eat something?" I could only see 2 glasses with some red liquid in it. I think that the liquid was blood and not red wine. I felt my stomach churning again. " It's okay, I am not hungry."

M seen through my thoughts and chuckled. He held a glass and spoke in his husky tone," My dear, this is red wine and not blood."

"Red wine? I thought you drank blood only?"

" You are not wrong. Being the most powerful clan, I had to consume fresh blood but that does not mean that I could not consume other food." M winked at me seductively and his lips.

"You mean you have taste bud?" I think I had asked a stupid question but I was very interested on knowing more about Pure Blood.

" You will find out after our marriage, my dear." M planted a kiss on my lips before pulling away. M took the seat next to me and snapped his fingers. Soon, some servants came in with cutlery and food. I was relieved that the food was some meat, vegetable and bread. The simple meal surely beat fresh blood. I was indeed hungry after walking all the way here and I happily tucked into my food. Halfway through eating, I looked up and saw M looking at me. M was twirling his wine glass while his free hand was supporting his chin. The dim candle light enhance his handsome features and added an air of mysteriousness on him. His snowy white hair hung loosely on his shoulders and his blue iris appeared to be so light that it was almost crystal clear. M was gracefully savouring his wine and looking at me. From his actions, I believed he was a noble before he became a Pure Blood. 

I felt my face turning red as our gazes met and he M gave me his most pretty smile. " What are you staring at?" I spoke grumpily and shoved more food into my mouth. 

" You should eat slowly because the food would not disappeared. You seemed so impolite the way you eat." 

" Excuse me, I am sorry if you have problem with my eating habit!" 

"Oh no, the way you are eating at your food kind of aroused my appetite." M's eyes flashed an evil gleam and smirked to me.

I held my fork half way in the air, if M was feeling hungry and so it was a bad new for me! I slowed down my pace and ate very slowly. Along each chew, I frowned my brows as if the food tasted horrible. I hoped that M would not be hungry. M sniggered at me and I cursed him silently. Nevertheless, I finished up the food but I refused to take the glass of wine. After the incident at Madam Victoria's castle, I developed phobia for red liquid that resembled blood. I felt sick by the sight of it. I hope this would not follow me when I returned home.

i wiped my mouth rather boorishly and glared at M "where is the girl? I want to see her."

"My dear, you can do so tomorrow as I am sure that you are tired now. Just go and take a rest."

" Take... a  rest?" I stammered and I trembled. I recalled the legendary vampire coffin in novels and movies. " where do I sleep?" I tried to calm myself.

After my question, I was scooped up by M ," My dear, you are sleeping with me. You are so silly to ask that." M sounded extremely gentle. 

"Wouldn't it be squeeze for the 2 of us?" I was still thinking of the coffin and I looked dazed.

M laughed and looked at me tenderly," You are so funny and interesting. I was right to choose you as my partner." 

Before I snapped back from my wild imagination, I was in a tastefully furnished bedroom with a very big velvet blue bed. I was stunned for a moment and next, my head was screaming: No way am I going to sleep together with a old ert on the same bed together! This was worse than sleeping in a coffin. Suddenly, I felt that I was plonked on the bed and M spoke to me in his y husky voice," Does this looks squeezy to you, my dear?" 

" Yes, especially with you." I yelled at M.