Chapter 14 - Forgotten Love ( Part 1)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The next day, I saw Steve Jung at 'Twist of Fate'. He seemed to have lost weight and haggard too. The first thing that Steve asked was not about his 3 lives tragedies but about his Mun.

"Steve, please calm down and listen to me. I managed to avert your lives and stopped the causes. Henceforth, you two did not suffer the tragedies and General Jung Hyuk would not be taking you away." I put my palm on Steve's fist to calm him down.

However, Steve did not show any sign of happiness or relief but his eyes were teary. " I do not care about our 3 lives tragedies. I only know that I could not take it when Mun was not by my side. Though it was just 3 days, I felt that I am breaking down without him."

I was unable to react to Steve's word and looked at Hyesung. Hyesung sipped his cupaccino gracefully and calmly said," why don't you bade farewell to him." Hyesung took out a talisman from his wooden casing on his table. Hyesung held the talisman between his index finger and middle finger and he chanted a spell silently. Thereafter, he flipped the talisman up in the air and it burnt. Once the ashes landed on tbe floor, there was a thin smoke rising. General Jung Hyuk appeared in front of us and stared silently at Steve.

"Mun, follow me back?"

"Steve, our tragedies has been resolved. I had to go to where I am supposed to be."

"No, Mun. I was very lonely and miserable this 3 days when you are gone. I missed you. I do not care about our 3 lives tragedies or you are a spirit, I only know that I can't live without you. Please stay by my side."

Mun shook his head," Steve, I can't stay by your side. I have to go."

"Then take me with you, to wherever you are going."

I was shocked at Steve's word. " Are you out of your mind?"

"He has to leave, to reborn. Otherwise, he will remain as a wandering spirit and I do not think that you want this." Hyesung said coldly at Steve.

"I understand. Mun, before you leave, I want to let you know that I like you and being with you is the happiest moment of my life." Steve smiled while crying. I saw that General Jung Hyuk wanted to console him but his hand went through Steve.

"Dongwan, get Eric here." Hyesung instructed me. I nodded and went to get Eric hyung. 

" Mun, you just use Eric's body to bid farewell to Steve." 

I saw a sense of gratitude on General Jung Hyuk's face before he vanished. Next, Eric hyung went up to Steve and hugged him. Thereafter, their lips touched and I saw a tears flowing down Steve's eye. I could not help but sniffled a bit. Slowly, they pulled away and General Jung Hyuk appeared.  Hyesung pressed a small bottle to Steve's eye and captured a drop of tears. General Jung Hyuk bowed at Hyesung before he vanished, for good this time.

"Steve, if you and him are fated, your path will cross again." Hyesung patted Steve and sent him out. 

"Teacher, will Steve forgets General Jung Hyuk, 'Twist of Fate' and us?" 

" I do not know but I am unable to erase his entire memories. Eric and Dongwan, your next client will be here soon."

Eric hyung had to travel to King Arthur's time to break an eternal curse on his client. I was envy of Eric Hyung's luck and got to travel to so many exciting and new places. Before I could complain, my next client appeared. So far, 'Twist of Fate' had never exprienced 2 clients appearing within the same day. Hyesung said that it was lucky that I am able to take up the task without having to stress Eric hyung when he returned from his earlier task.

This client was a young and pretty girl but the only thing was that she looked extremely pale and lifeless. I quickly poured a cup of cranberry juice for her and when I placed the glass of juice in front of her, she looked shocked and almost fainted on me. I was even more shocked and quickly held onto her. I looked at Hyesung for help and he came over to give her some oilment to ease her giddiness.

" I am sorry er oppa, sorry I do not know your name." She looked slightly better after rubbing the minty oilment on her temple.

"Oh you can call me Dongwan oppa. That person over there is my boss, Hyesung." I nodded at her and she gave me a greatful smile.

" Dongwan oppa and Hyesung oppa, I had phobia for blood and my condition has worsened over the years. Now I am also scared of anything that resembled blood. That glass of cranberry juice looked like blood and so I almost fainted. I do not know why I am behaving like this."

"Oh my, do you faint frequently?" I really pitied her because there were many things that resembled blood. Oh my, did I hear her calling Hyesung as oppa, Hyesung was older than me and he should be ahjussi. Arrhhh why did she band us as same age..... 

"Er yes, I do get fainting spell frequently and this has affected my life, school and social life." She bit her lips nervously. " So I decided to come here to seek help after dreaming 'Twist of Fate' thrice in my dream. Can you and Hyesung oppa help me?" 

Hyesung placed his hand on her head and chanted an old spell. After a white lights engulfed the girl, I saw a string of foreign words which I deduced to be in foreign land again. Hyesung lifted his hand and smiled at the girl. " You can go back now. I will call for you again." 

It was strange that Hyesung did not ask her much thing like what he did with Steven Jung's case. Once the girl left 'Twist of Fate', I immediately asked Hyesung about the task for this mission that I had to do.

"Teacher, why you did not mention anything earlier to the girl?"

"Dongwan, have you heard of Madam Victoria?"

"Yes, Teacher. You taught Eric hyung and me during lessons of spell and charms. I recalled that you mention this woman while we were learning about the vampires...." I gasped and opened my mouth, " Don't tell me that girl had connection with Madam Victoria or vampires?"

This Madam Victoria was a demoness herself in 16th century Europe. It was rumored that she was from the noble class and married Earl Cristo. Earl Cristo passed away a few years later due to a strange illness and Madam Victoria inherited the fortune. At the same time, Madam Victoria became paranoid of ageing which would rob her of her beautiful appearance. It was rumoured that Madam Victoria bashed a servant girl to death as the innocent servant girl had combed Madam Victoria's slightly harder, causing some strands to fall. The creepist part was that when the poor servant girl's blood splattered onto Madam Victorua's face and body, she felt that she acquired the youth and energy of the dead servant girl. It seemed that Madam Victoria believed that she discovered the secret of retaining her beauty.

Well, that was not the end of the poor dead servant girl. Madam Victoria ordered her housekeeper to strip off the servant girl's clothing and skinned her. The blood of the servant girl was collected into the bath tub. Madam Victoria used the blood to soak herself. Thereafter, Madam Victoria ordered hunters to kidnap young girls to obtain their blood for her beauty ritual. Madam Victoria would torture the girls before collecting their blood as she believed that the last struggle of life contained the most energy, vigor which was important for her beauty regime. Sometime Madam Victoria would consume the blood as well which enhance her youthfulness.

I recalled that I almost vomitted out my innards when I heard about this from Hyesung during our lesson on vampires. It was believed that it was how vampires came about. Eric hyung was not much better than me and his face turned pale too. It was terrible to think that a woman could be so vicious in order to retain her beauty. Luckily, we had botox and excellent beauty product today... I still shivered when I recalled this matter.

"That girl's past life was one of the young girl being kidnapped and tortured to death. Her past life was called Jane and she probably die of a horrible way, causing her to be so fearful of blood now." Hyesung nodded at me.

"So, I have to travel to Madam Victoria's time, to rescue Jane from her death. Hence, the poor girl would be cured of her phobia of blood?" I heard my voice quivered at the thought of travelling to Mid century Europe whereby vampires existed.

"If you have any reservation on this task, I could send Eric to do it after he completes his current task." Hyesung glanced at me from his couch, sipping his Americano.

"No teacher, I will take up this task." I hesitated for a few seconds before I replied. " I am not scared of vampires. Ppfff, it is time to show case what I had learn and I will seal away all the vampires."

"Given your ability and skills, you can easily subdue ordinary vampires. But be careful of the Pure Blood breed among the vampires. If you came across the Pure Blood, you must flee for you are not strong enough to take them on. Understand?" Hyesung looked at me with an grave expression.