Chapter 11 - Undying Love (Part 10)

The Pre-existence Seekers

"Brother Wan, are we ready to set off?" Sun Ho came up to me.

"Oh yes, sure." I am spacing out again. Today, Jun Jin tasked Sun Ho and me and some others to purchase items outside to settle the betrothal gift to the Mun family. According to the tradition, General Jung Hyuk would come to Ming manor with betrothal gift and Ming family had to reciprocate. Hence, we are out for another shopping trip as headed by Jun Jin and we were given a shopping list of the items to purchase. The shopping list was really very long and we were split up to make the purchase and I am partnering with Sun Ho. Since, this was the first time that I was involved in the traditional wedding preparation, I am excited. Sun Ho laughed at me when he saw me like this. We made the mistake of following Jun Jin as he was very picky and he could take his own sweet time to look at the items, compare prices and haggle with the merchants.

I decided to sneak out with Sun Ho while Jun Jin was busy with his browsing. We went to the rows of stalls in front of the shops for sight-seeing. The stalls were selling food, fake jade and gold accessories and mostly female items like cosmetics, umbrellas, handkerchief, shoes, clothings etc. Now the maids at Ming manor loved me a lot cos I taught them the latest make up techniques, DIY beauty care for skin and hair and DIY perfume making sessions. 

"Sun Ho, come let see what are the latest cosmetics products sold so that we can go back to have a make up session. I will teach you all the skills that I know and you could woo Ling. " I knew that Sun Ho had a special feeling for the little maid serving Madam Ming. Ling was sweet and cute and they did look cute together.

"Brother Wan, sshh not so loud. It is so embarrassing." Sun Ho's face was turning red and he covered my mouth suddenly. "Sorry," Sun Ho quickly release his hand when he saw that I was struggling for breathe. I giggled at Sun Ho as his face turned very red like a tomato. This reminded of Minwoo who called me cute pretty tomato. Aishi, why did I kept thinking about that person?

I shook my head and dragged Sun Ho to the stalls to buy the latest cosmetics products. I sniffed here and there, applied some on my hands and on Sun Ho while discussing and whispering away.

"Fancy a guy buying girl's cosmetic?" I heard a giggle and heard a voice close to my ear. I squealed and turned around to find Minwoo. Speaking of devil and he appeared next to me.

"Aishi, must you scream so loudly like a girl? My ear drum almost broke!"

"Minbongie, why are you here?" I asked him embarassing with my girly squealing earlier. "Don't tell me that you sneak out again?"

Minwoo looked around frantically and shot a deadly glance at me. I clasped my hand to my mouth for the blunder that I made. 

"Get on my stallion."

"I needed to return to Ming manor after Jun Jin is done with his selection, I can't...." Before I could finish my sentence, Minwoo hoisted me up and walked towards his stallion not far away. Sun Ho looked shocked and chased after us. 

"Let go of Brother Wan. I am warning you. We are from the Ming Manor, else we will report you to the officials."

"No no, Sun Ho. I knew him and he is my friend. I will return to Ming Manor soon. Think of an excuse to deceive Jun Jin. Bye." I yelled to Sun Ho. He only nodded at me but his face was still pale. Minwoo was not any baddie and I did not want him to get into any trouble as he had problems vexing him at home. Soon, we galloped away and put of the city. We came to the stream side again and I sat on the large stone. 

"Minbongie, how is everything at your side?" I asked him timidly while he attended to his stallion.

"Thank to your advice, I am planning something. I will remove him from my household so not not to pose further threat or problem to me and my mother. I might not be able to sneak out so frequently anymore. Once, my plan is successfully executed, I will go to Ming manor to fetch you."

"Fetch me?" I looked confused at Minwoo

"Don't tell me that you want to be a servant at Ming manor forever?" Minwoo raised his brows and looked at me.

"Of course not, I am too charming to be a servant only." Minwoo chuckled at my sentence. "Oh, I wanted to tell you something. In about 2 weeks' time, I am returning to my hometown. So maybe today, I should bade my farewell to you as I do not know when will we meet again."

"What!" Minwoo seemed shocked. "Return to your hometown? Why?"

"I am not from here and therefore I had to go back to my family." Hyesung and Eric hyung are my family. Beside I am here to accomplish my mission with the entrust meant of Steve Jung's dream.

" Can't you stay?"

"No, I can't."

At first, I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me. I saw a sense of lost and disappointment in Minwoo's eyes. I guess that he was sad that he would have no one else to turn to for a listening ear, once I left. No one would be joking and playing fool with him anymore. He remained silent for a while before he gave out a long sight. "So, I wish you Bon Voyage and I am really glad that I met you." Minwoo nodded and gave me a faint bitter sweet smile.

My heart felt aching when I saw his expression. I stood up abruptly and turned to Minwoo, "I think we should head back as the skies are getting dark. I do not want to get you into trouble if Sun Ho or Jun Jin reported the matter to the Magistrate,...." before, i could finish my sentences, I saw my sparrow flying at me. I was shocked, my sparrow was suppose to be watching over lady Steve and don't tell me that something had happen while I was away for a short while. Instinctively, I held out my palm for the little one to land and I place my right index finger on its head to communicate.

I was shocked and I withdrew my index finger. "Did you know where Lady Steve is?"

The sparrow nodded and flew away, flapping its wings and looking at me.

"Show me the way, then."

"Wannie, what is this? You can speak to animal?

Oh gosh, I forgot that Minwoo was just beside me and I could not bother what his expression was. "Can you send me back to the city and fast?"

"Where do you want to go?" Minwoo was taking the reins and helping me up to his stallion.

"Follow that sparrow." i pointed to my sparrow and Minwoo galloped away at top speed. I was cursing myself endlessly for being so careless. Ji Hoon was not out of town at all. In fact, he abducted lady Steve away and he was indeed bold and crazy to do this. I was praying silently that nothing happened to both of them, especially Lady Steve. I should have stayed by Lady Steve's side till General Jung Hyuk's return and none of this thing would have happened. Oh please, let me reach Lady Steven in time to stop the tragedy for now and in the next 2 lives. I was clenching my fist really tight till my knuckles turned while. I left a warm palm on my fist and Minwoo hugged me from behind.

"Don't worry, I will get us to the place fast. Trust me." Minwoo whispered to me. I felt assured and consoled upon hearing his words, his voice was firm and pleasing. I nodded but my mind was anxious. I just lie back into Minwoo's chest while we rode back to the city.