one

Deep down inside

The young prince smiles so brightly as he walks through the halls of the Crystal Castle. The maids and guards who cross path with him greets him a good morning as he speeds up. He was too excited to notice. He had waited 18 years for this day to come. The day where he will be look up differently by their citizen of Sapphire kingdom and his family

 

“My dear prince, please wait for me!” a male with black hair pants. He was trying to cope with the young prince’s pace but the prince was too fast for his old self.

 

Without minimal his pace, he made a turn to left and bumps into someone. Both he and the person fall to the floor with a thud. He angrily look up to the person sitting in front of him but he soon smiles as he knows the familiar person in front.

 

“Noona!” the Prince throws himself to the smiling woman in front. The Princess only laughs as she hugs her brother back.

 

“Hello to you too, baby brother. You seem to be excited.” She greets as he got a glare from her brother.

 

“That’s grown up brother for you, Noona!” The lovely sister only nods as she laughs at her brother cute antics.

 

The Prince pulls himself to his feet and offers a hand to his sister which the Princess accepts with a smile. Yellow looks good on Noona, the Prince thought as he looks at his lovely sister. He then shook his head and reminds himself the reason they fall.

 

“Noona, we’ll talk later okay. Bye.” With a peck on the Princess’s cheek, he sprinted away. The princess just stood there while looking at her brother’s figure which was getting smaller and smaller. She was surprised by a sudden figure moving fast pass her with a faint but loud “Good morning, Princess Taeyeon”.

 

“Good morning to you too, Minho.” She mutters more to herself as the boys vanished down the hall.

 

“What’s with the rush, your highness? Did something important come up?” the panting male plopped on the nearest chair to the Prince’s door chamber. It was a hard time to catch up with the Prince, he just didn’t cut some slack for the older male.

 

He was glad that they finally had come to a stop because he won’t have any energy left to continue. He looks up to see the prince was walking around his room with a serious face.

 

“It’s that time of the year again but there’s nothing here.” He mutters to himself as he looks around. Usually, the queen and king will always put it on his bed. It has been a tradition since he was little. But there was none. There’s nothing on his bed, on his study table, on his drawers, or in his closet.

 

“That couldn’t be… they won’t… would they?” He said out loud with disbelief in his face. The Prince eyes his big bed with suspicious eyes.

 

Minho only looks at the prince with amusement as he observes the prince. He got surprises when the prince got on his knees and looks under his bed.

 

“Aish, thought so! They won’t do that anymore.” The prince curses. He was pulled out from his trance when laughter reaches his ears. He turns to the source with a glare.

 

“What are you laughing at, Luna Noona.” He said as another young princess came into his room while laughing her heart out. She stopped as she wipes her invisible tears away. She had her blonde locks tied up into a ponytail. She looks cute wearing her red gown that reached her knees. Not that the prince will ever admit it to her now.

 

“You. God, Baby brother you’re 18. Mother and father won’t certainly put your present under there.” She said as she stands in front her brother. The prince scoffed as he pulls himself to his feet.

 

“Well, they have done it once.” The prince states as he continue his search. He walks to his study table again and begins to look in the drawers.

 

“Last time was you were six!” Princess Luna said as she sat on the Prince’s comfortable bed. She laughs again when the prince mutters ‘I hate you’ to her.

 

“It’s that time of the year already?” Minho suddenly speaks. Luna turns to him with eyes wide open. She didn’t notice that the tutor was here.

 

“You scared me, Minho and yes it is.” Princess Luna said as she looks back to her busy brother.

 

“No wonder he ran off from class just now.” Minho said as he and Princess Luna laughs as the prince look high and low with a pout on his lips. She smiles as she could sense a smile in the Tutor’s words. It’s hard to be mad at the Little Prince.

 

“This couldn’t be. They won’t forget about it right?” The prince turns to his sister. Princess Luna only shrugged while Minho only smiles. “Maybe.” The answer only made the Prince groans even more. He throws himself onto his bed next to his Noona.

 

The possibilities are high as the king just came back from the Highlands for the deals with the King of the east. Persuading a peace deal must had worn the king out, that doesn’t include by the long trip back to his own kingdom.

 

“Relax, will you? Dad just came back this morning. He will certain give it to you. He always remembers.” The blonde her little brother’s black locks lovingly. The Prince only sighed to the touch.

 

“Yeah, he always does.” And that was true. The King is a man who remembers every little detail about everything especially important day like this. He will always put something his children’s bed on the said morning. If he was busy, a wish to them was the least the king would do.

 

“Noona, did mom tag along?” the Prince looks at his sister. “She always tag along, Baby brother.” Princess Luna said, she leans forward and press her forehead with the Prince’s

 

“Don’t worry, she always remembers too.” The Prince sighed, that was true too. Princess Luna chuckles as she pressed a kiss on the Prince’s nose.

 

“Happy birthday, Baby brother”

 

The Prince stood in front his mirror while tugging his red coat. He had white shirt inside with a black bow around his neck. It was a present from his second sister, Princess Yoona. After Princess Luna had left him in his own world, the beautiful woman came barge in, wearing a black dress that reach her mid thighs and her black locks lying lazily on her back.

 

The Princess rushed in and brought the Prince into a bone crushing hug. She had said her apologies for being late and pushed a white box being wrapped with a blue ribbon into his hands. It was made by the finest tailor and it only made for him, said the second child. He had only thanked and kissed his sister.

 

The Princess gives him one last hug before walking away and shouted that he should wear it for dinner. So, here he was, wearing the clothes his sister gives. He should at least show his gratitude for it even though the cloth doesn’t fit his taste for clothing.

 

“At least it’s red.” He thought as he looks at himself. He stops his track when he heard a creak from behind him. It was one of the maids, standing next to the door and announced that dinner is ready. He nods and dismissed the maid.

 

He walks down the hall with Minho beside him. The tutor was standing in front his room when he pushed his door open. The Tutor smiles at him and wish him a happy birthday. He only smiled back and thanked him.

 

“Oh my god is that who I think he is?” a high pitch voice said in amusement behind him. He cringes and stop his track, he knows that voice too well that he doesn’t have to turn to see who and it’s still early for him too.

 

His tutor, Minho only chuckles as he looks at the prince next to him. Before the Prince could make another step, someone throw themselves on him and held him tightly.

 

“It’s our baby brother!” another cheerful voice said behind him, hugging him and swaying their body playfully.

 

“Sulli Noona, Krystal Noona” the prince whimpers as the twins hug him tightly. Princess Krystal pulls back a little as she looks at her brother.

 

“This must be from Yoon Unnie. She always likes to try everything on him” the red hair princess said, standing few inch away while inspecting his cloth. At the corner of his eyes, he could see his sister wearing a light pink dress with her red hair lying helplessly on her back. Beautiful was the only word he could say about his sister.

 

“She always buys clothes for Baby Boo but never for us. I’m jealous” Princess Sulli said half- heartedly as she hugs her brother even more. Her brother looks good in these cloth that she can’t help but to hug him tight. The prince only rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“I think it’s appropriate since you have new clothing every day.” Minho interrupts the siblings’ conversation. Princess Sulli only pouts as she looks at the tutor.

 

“Fine, I get it. Baby Boo waits for his mom and Noonas to buy it for him because he likes it, right baby?” Princess Sulli said playfully as she nudges her annoyed brother. The Prince groans at that.

 

“Noona, get off. You’re heavy.” Princess Sulli gets off her brother with a pout while the duo laughs. “Am not, you brat. You're just strong enough, that’s what.” Princess Sulli said while fixing her red dress that reaches her knees. Her black locks have a slight wave on it as it reaches her shoulder. His sister looks adorable as always.

 

The Prince and his sisters pushed the huge white door to the dining room. As expected, all of their family member have e seated on their respective place. In the end of the table, The king sits comfortably, while chatting with his lovely Queen on the right. His eldest sister, Princess Taeyeon sat in front of the Queen along with his Second sister, Princess Yoona. Princess Luna was eating quietly next to the Queen. The trio apologies for their late arrival and walk towards the table.

 

Princess Krystal pull a chair next to Princess Yoona as she greets the two oldest. The Prince pulls a chair for Princess Sulli, next to Princess Luna. Before he could pull a sit for himself, he was pulled into a hug.

 

“Happy birthday, My Prince Charming.” The Queen whispers as she hugs her son lovingly. The Prince only smiles as he hugs his Mother back. He truly missed his mother’s warmth so much.

 

“Thank you, Mom” He pulls away as he peck his mother on the cheek. The Queen only smiles. Then, he saw the King call him fort at the corner of his eye.

 

He walks up to his father with a warmth smile before being brought into another hug again. The King laughed as he pats on his one and only son on his back.

 

“Happy birthday, Son.” The King said proudly before he pulls away and looked at his Son. The Prince had grown a few inches and beat the king by a few too.

He had his mother’s beautiful black orbs and had the King’s black locks. It’s hard to say who he resembles because its like a mixture but all in all, his son had grown into a fine young man.

 

“Thank you, Dad" He felt kind of embarrassed to be hug frequently that day for no reason. The sisters only cooed over their youngest sibling’s cuteness while the Queen only shook her head at her children.

“Ah, I almost forgot. I haven’t give you anything, am I right?” The Prince turned to the King with an eager nod. In split second he palm faced himself in his head for his childish attitude.

 

He got some laughter from his sisters, as expected. Well what could he say? It was the day he has been waiting for so long and he can’t held in the excitement in him. The King only laughs it off.

 

“So, this is your gift then, Son.” The king claps his hands twice before the white door was pushed in, revealing a male in a blue uniform. the male was tall, as tall as him maybe. He had shining blonde locks that was pushed back, showing off the sharp features of the male. All in all, the male was good looking, a man that will make all woman swoon over him.

 

The Prince had his eyebrows knitted as he sees the blonde came in, empty handed. He was about to ask the King when the king cuts him.

 

“Son, I like you to meet Sir Sehun, the finest swordsman from the east.” the blonde bows at him and the King. The Prince only nods.

 

“Sir Sehun, this is my one and only son, Prince Jongin. From onwards, Sir Sehun will be by your side as your personal guard.” The Prince looks at the newcomer with his face pale.

 

His what?!