Masked Pain

Masked pain

 

"Kris we have to go now." Luhan said, sliding his face through the door staring at Kris with his piercing eyes.

 

"Yeh come on." Kris grabbed his hat and glasses as he left his room.

He put on his glasses as he was about to walk out of the dorm.

 

*Put on a smile Kris.* he sighed and braced himself for the light.

 

He heard the roars of the fans and he waved and smiled. Even though he was hurting on the inside.

 

He quickly got into the car and sighed as he slowly sat down and rested his head on the seat. He was tired. Very tired .

 

You couldn't sleep if you were scared. Or hurt. Or if you were worrying that tomorrow something bad was going to happen. He looked up ahead and saw Lay staring at him with concern.

 

"What?" Kris asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

 

"Are you okay? You look so tired are you unwell?" Lay placed his hand on Kris' head.

 

"Yeah I'm fine Lay stop worrying." He replied taking Lay's hand off his head.

 

"Oh ok." Lay slouched back on his seat and stared at the window and back at Kris. Knowing,Kris was lying to him.

 

No one could keep a secret from Lay no one.

 

As soon as they got out of the car Lay attached himself to Kris,he wasn't going to let him out of his sight.

 

As they entered the room they were sat in an order with tallest to one side and smallest to the other.

 

Lay pouted as he watched Kris sit down at the other side of the room. He cursed silently now he could hardly even see kris' face.

 

Lay just gave up and decided to concentrate on the interview but he couldn't help but steal a few glances at Kris.



 

"Okay now we are going to mix you up so you can sit anywhere however you must find a seat before the two minutes are up ," said the mc as the helpers hid all the stools.

Great! Lay thought. Know I can sit with Kris!

 

"Ready and go!"

Lay ran across the room and linked his hand with kris who looked surprised but didn't resist.

 

Lay and kris searched for the chairs and damn they were hard to find.

 

"What the why are they so hard to find?" Kris asked Lay who shrugged.

 

"Omo  I found them over here!" Lay quickly grabbed the stool and Kris followed and grabbed the other.

 

Lay sighed and looked over to see thankfully they weren't the last pair to find the chairs in fact Chanyeol and Baekhyun were still finding there's and so where Suho and Tao who just like a very annoyed old man.

 

Chanyeol found a seat next to Kris and Baekhyun joined him. He smiled at Kris and really Kris didn't think he had the energy to smile back but in the end he forced a fake smile onto his face and by the looks of it Chanyeol knew it was a fake smile because as he turned his face turned into a concerned frown.

 

Kris sighed. He rubbed his eyes and looked over at the mc trying to ignore the stares he was getting from Lay and Chanyeol.

 

After an excruciating hour they packed up and know Kris was wide awake and scared he didn't want to go back not after what Tao had said by accident.

 

Lay looked over at Kris with concern why was he so worried?

 

He caught up with Kris and put his arm around Kris' shoulder.

 

Kris turned to look at Lay and used all his effort to smile genuinely but failed massively as Lay frowned at him.


 

They all sat in the living room and laughed as they watched the interview over and over rewinding baekhyun's funny rap.

 

"Baekhyun hyung you !" Sehun announced.

 

"Yah I wasn't that bad!" Baekhyun protested,hitting Chanyeol as he sniggered.

 

"Um yeah you were." Kai confirmed and the others nodded in agreement.

 

"Yah guys stop rewinding it!" Baekhyun grabbed the remote from Luhan.

 

"You such a spoil sort Baekhyun!" Chanyeol huffed, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"Umm kris," this voice broke the laughter. "Can I see you alone?"

 

Kris' eyes widened as he got up to follow his manager. He looked back at the others and gave a convincing smile to show everything was okay but he knew they knew something was wrong as they all looked away from kris' gaze.

 

He gulped as he went up the stairs following the manager. He went into his room and the manager locked the door.

 

"What's this?"  The manager threw a magazine at Kris.

 

Kris' hand were shaking as he picked up the magazine. He read the title:

"Exo members not allowed to visit their home."

 

He gingerly opened the first page and read the  first page:

"During exo's interview exo-m's maknae Tao said "we aren't allowed to go home" then he quickly changed it to " we don't get to go home."

 

Kris looked up at his manager.

 

"This is your fault for not keeping your group in line."

 

"I'm I'm so so so sor sorry," Kris stammered,slowly moving backwards.

 

"I told you before sorry isn't enough! Kris this is the last straw I'll give you one more chance and if you blow that you'll sorely regret it." The manager grabbed Kris' hair forcing him to the ground.

 

Kris could feel all the bruises he had from all his beating he just wanted to scream. It hurt so much.

 

His manger began to walk away till.

 

"But then again you do deserve to be punished." He turned around a evil grin creeping on to his face.

 

"No please no,"  Kris begged inching away from his manager.

 

He hurt all over and soon he couldn't even feel his legs. His manager grabbed his arm and forced him to stand. He was kicked in the shin and kris felt as if his leg had just been broken. He felt a punch against his face as he dropped to the floor. One more kick and his manager left Kris lying on the floor not breathing right crying his eyes out.

 

It hurt so much. He couldn't even begin to express his feelings.

 

Kris finally regained enough strength to prop himself on to his bed. he lay back on his bed. He felt nothing other than pain. Pain coursing through his body.

Pain.

 

Pain.

 

Pain.


 

It was going to consume him. It was going to kill him one day.

 

He let tears fall down his cheek.

 

Kris heard the door open and someone walked in. Kris didn't have enough strength to look up but he recognised the voice straight away.

 

"Kris are you okay?"

 

"Yeah lay," Kris croaked his throat hurt." I'm just really really tired."

 

"We heard the manager shouting at you from downstairs are you really sure everything is okay?" Lay gingerly crept next o Kris and sat next to him.

 

"Yeah lay I'm fine, stop worrying." Kris reassured.

 

"Oh okay, yeah I came here to tell you dinners ready." Lay said as he got up to leave "come on let's go!"

 

"I'm not hungry," Kris said,turning over so he wouldn't be facing Lay.

 

"What? Are you for real? I haven't seen you eat in over a week! What is wrong with you? You haven't been yourself for ages! I know you might be stressed,but aren't we all? And if you don't come down I'll drag you down. And  you know I will." Lay warned anger building up in his eyes.

 

"Fine I'll come downstairs." Kris replied as he gave in to Lay


 

Luhan was the only one who knew about Kris' situation, Lay and the others didn't know he got beaten up by their manager but he had a feeling that they had a clue about what was going on.

 

"Good," Lay nodded as he turned way to open the door.

 

"I'm coming down in a second, just go on first Lay." Kris motioned for Lay to go on.

 

Lay nodded as he left the room.

 

Kris gave a huge sigh as Lay left the room. But know he had to go and have dinner. No wait he didn't say he would eat he just said he was going to go downstairs

Kris smiled to himself as he propped himself up on his shoulders.

 

He winced in pain but eventually he pulled enough strength together to stand. Which then resulted in him falling over and using the wall for support.

 

Kris slowly started to go down the stairs one by one,each one making more pain flow through his body.

He was proud of himself as he finally reached the ground. He slowly made his way to the dining room and collapsed on the sofa.

 

"Kris how much kimchi would you like?" D.O asked as he grabbed a spare bowl.

 

"No thanks I'm fine" kris replied.

 

"You're not going to eat! What did you tell me upstairs!" Lay shouted.

 

"I told I would come downstairs I didn't say anything about eating!" Kris corrected Lay.

 

Lay opened his mouth and shut it again. He had nothing to say.

 

"Can I go now! You guys are eating so can I go to sleep?" Kris asked.

 

"Yeah you can go. I don't even want to look at you right now." Lay answered before anyone else could even open their mouth.

 

"Thank you," kris grimaced in pain as he stood up to walk out.

 

His vision blurred but he somehow made it to his room and he collapsed on his bed and soon was fast asleep. Just hoping he would wake up tomorrow morning.



 

Lay got upstairs at around 11pm after finally completing his new routine. He had had a shower and while the shower was on he literally screamed his anger out. He was just so frustrated with Kris. Kris was just an annoying bastard! He sighed as he slowly walked over to his bed,trying to dry his hair with his  towel.

 

He lay on his bed and listened to the clock ticking. He slowly turned to face kris.

He just stared at Kris' face it was so beautiful yet he had gotten so skinny over the past week.

 

"Babbu you always make me worry!" Lay whispered as he looked at kris.

 

You idiot you fell asleep without getting your blanket. Lay thought as he shook his head.and thought stupid you must have been really tired!

 

Lay went and got  a blanket to cover Kris. He stopped at kris' wrist. He looked confused.

 

He slowly turned around Kris' arm. He dropped it in shock.

His eyes widened why did Kris have bruises all over his arms?

Lay took the blanket and threw it to one side as he looked over Kris. He slowly pulled up kris' shirt which revealed his bruised body.

 

Lay felt tears fall down his cheek. Why was he crying?

He curled up next to kris burying his head in Kris' arms.

 

How could he have just thought those things about Kris? He didn't even know what Kris was going through.

 

"Oh Kris I'm so sorry." He sobbed. Without knowing Lay slowly fell asleep,curled up in Kris' arm.




 

Lay woke up to find himself in Kris' arms. He felt his face go red as he quickly jumped up and out of bed.

 

His eyes were wide open as he ran out of the room. Lay was so shocked he didn't remember what he had discovered yesterday.

 

"Lay go wake up Kris, we have to leave in an hour," Suho said as he picked up Lay's plate and gave it Baekhyun. "Now!" He added.

 

Lay groaned, as he got up and walked out of the room. He went to his and Kris' room.

 

He opened his mouth to shout but he saw how peacefully Kris was sleeping he just wanted to kiss him.

 

Wait what was he thinking! Kris Is his best friend. Nothing more! Nothing less.

 

He went over to Kris' bed and sat on the corner. Lay smiled as he Kris' hair away from his face. Inspecting every feature of Kris' beautiful face. He bent down next to Kris, their lips inches apart and he pecked Kris' lips. His heart screamed as he moved his face away from Kris'. He ran out of the room screaming which woke Kris up and attracted unwanted attention.

 

"Yah Lay what happened? Are you okay? Omo is it Kris? Is he okay?" Luhan screamed running up the stairs three steps at a time.

 

He ran after Lay. "What happened?" Luhan asked.

 

"Oh nothing I just fell over my own feet. That's all. Nothing big." Lay said, not trying to sound suspicious or look it.

 

"Okay? Then go downstairs Suho is calling you. He seems pretty mad." Luhan said suspicion in his eyes.

 

Lay nodded as he ran past Luhan and downstairs.

 

Luhan looked to see if Lay was gone and when he knew the coast was clear he ran to Kris' room.

 

"Kris!" Luhan shouted,as he made his way over to Kris. "What's wrong?"

 

"Lu..Luhan..I ..I can't feel my..my legs." Kris stammered,pain coursing through his body.

 

"Wh..wh..what?" Luhan replied,rushing over to Kris' side.

 

"I...i can't feel my legs." Kris replied,while trying to smile which he thought would make the situation better.

 

"What if they're broken?" Luhan asked,trying to hold back his tears.

 

"No they're not I was walking fine yesterday." Kris declared.

 

"Oh Kris you can't let him do this to you!" Luhan said, he was definitely on the verge of tears.

 

"Yeah and if I step down and leave, one of you will have to go through this and I just can't do that. I've put up with it for so long I can keep on going," Kris smiled at Luhan.

 

"Kris Wu one day that attitude of yours is going to kill you and I'm not going to help you do that," Luhan declared.

 

"Oh Luhan I need you to help me. I won't be able to keep on going without you. You're my best friend."

 

"Omo Kris Wu I hate you!" Luhan said,feeling warm tears fall down his cheek.

 

Kris smiled as he leaned closer to wipe Luhan's tears away. " I hate me too," he replied, feeling tears roll down his cheek



 

After ages Kris finally stood up and walked down every time he took a step more pain coursing through his body. Luhan right behind him to help him.

 

"Kris what took you so long?  Lay called you 20 minutes ago!" Suho said.

 

"Oh I'm sorry Suho I was just really tired. That's all." Kris said finally putting on a genuine fake smile.

 

"Okay come let's Go!" Suho said.

 

"Oh but Kris hasn't ate breakfast yet," Lay pointed out.

 

Suho looked at Kris.

 

"Oh I'm not hungry." Kris said.

 

Suho frowned but sighed “ It’s Kris’ choice Lay, let him do what he wants”

 

Kris smiled as he and Luhan walked out after Suho.

 

He seriously needed to get his sun glasses and Luhan had read his mind as he passed Kris a pair of sunglasses.

 

Kris smiled. He was so happy to know he had Luhan by his side.




 

He looked out of the window at the passer bys and he smiled knowing they weren’t going through the pain he was going through. He just wished one day his pain, his suffering would end. That he could be one of those people who were laughing and playing. Someone who could live in a world of happiness. They passed through a tunnel there was graffiti on the wall “Rest in piece Minra.”

 

He sighed but then he felt a pair of eyes staring at him.

 

“What?!” Kris asked Lay who just turned his head away and folded his arms over his chest. “Oh dude are you still mad at me from yesterday?” Kris asked hitting Lay playfully on the arm.

 

“Hmph,” Lay shrugged as he turned away.

 

“Laaaayyy,please don’t be mad at me.” Kris pouted.

 

Lay hit Kris and then said “You’re too cute for me too stay mad at you.” He hugged Kris and the exo members just giggled at the sudden moment.

 

Kris felt as if a bit of his burden had been lifted but the worst was yet to come.

 

“Okay we’re going live in three..two..one.”

“Hello and welcome to after school club! I’m Eric Nam !”

“And i’m Haybul ! And we are especially happy today because we are joined here today with the one and only EXO! Give them a huge round of applause.” They said as they too clapped and waited for exo too enter.

"Hello...." Exo introduced themselves one by one.

"So we have heard the leader of exo-m is known as the best dancer so him,Lay and Kai should give us a little intro by themselves," Haybul suggested

The crowd cheered in agreement.

 Luhan's eyes wandered towards Kris and his face was swept with concern.

Kris wouldn't be able to do it. Luhan just knew it.

Kris bit the inside of his cheek as he went up with Lay and Kai. Could he do this? Or not?

He heard wolf come on in the back and he got into position. He breathed slowly.

He started dancing and he heard cooing from behind him.

He smiled as he put up his hands "Geurae wolf naega wolf auuu- A saranghaeyo"

He felt a sharp pain shoot up his back and everything was in slow motion. He didn't know what was happening.

But maybe he was leaving life?

Kris thought he smiled ,as he fell, but instead there were tears rolling down his cheek as he showed his pain to the rest of the world. He was going wasn't he?

Exo ran to Kris' side as Haybul screamed at the camera men to cut as he too ran to Kris' side.

"Guys we have to take him to the hospital." Kai said

"No lets take him home." The manager said not caring what anyone else thought.

Xuimin and Luhan picked kris up and took him to the car.

Luhan knew why the manager didn't want kris to go to the hospital. Luhan cursed the manager.

The ride home was intense. Kris lying on Lays, Xuimin's and Luhan's lap.

The manager staring through the rear view mirror at Kris.

Kris woke up and he saw Luhan sitting next to him watching tv , Kyungsoo  making dinner.  

He didn't know if he was relieved or angry that he was alive.

"Oh Kris you're up." Luhan said, hugging him, and the rest of the exo members came too.

Lay stood there his eyes tearing up. Kris looked at him and opened his arms for lay .

Lay ran into his arms and hugged Kris.

"Oh Kris," he sobbed " I was so scared. What would I do if you..." He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.

"Ah Kris," no. Dread filled Kris. No please. " you're awake! Maybe you should change before coming to eat." Their manager said.

Kris nodded as he got up and left the room. He heard the managers footstep following him,haunting him.

Kris went into his room,he heard the door close but he hadn't closed it.

Kris slowly turned around, the manager stood there holding his "beating stick" Kris knew what was going to happen next.

"So you decided to put a show today. Didn't you Kris? It was on purpose wasn't it?" The manager asked.

Kris shook his head.

"Well I bet you already know what is going to happen next don't you!" The manager advanced on Kris.

"No please no." Kris begged inching away.

Kris felt his leg  break as the stick came crashing into Kris' leg. He screamed in pain. Another strike in the back. Kris had never felt anything like this before. It was worse than pain. Worse than all those times he had forced himself to smile. Those times when he had lied to exo about why he was always late or why he wouldn't eat.

It was worse.

He heard the door  open and he saw Luhan stood there. Luhan screamed something but Kris couldn't hear anything as something came crashing into the back of his head and everything was pitch black.

He was going. He was gone.


 

30 years later.

 

Lay sat down and started speaking. “Hey Kris I haven’t visited you in 30 years but I’m here now.” Lay looked up at the tombstone.

“We..well I found something of yours and I read it and I,” Lay swallowed hard. “I finished it for you.”

 

Lay went to his bag and took out a big book. “Your diary. I’ve read it and Sm decided to publish as your first book. And your last.” Lay added sorrowfully.

 

“Kris I’ll always miss you! When you..died you created a hole in my heart that no-one but you can fill. I miss you so much. do you miss me?”

 
 
 
 
A/N: so here's my failed attempt to write a haters gonna hate fic hope you enjoyed it!