Christmas Gift

Christmas Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're coming, right?"

Kai asked as they reached Yujeong's house.

"For the last time, yes!"   Yujeong's replied, standing in front of her door.

It was the fifth time he asked her to come to the party his friend, Luhan, was throwing. Yujeong hated crowded places, but agreed on coming, since Kai invited her.

Yujeong and Kai had been friends for 4 years now, that Yujeong has always considered Kai as an older brother. She never had friends, since she was a child partly because of her coldness and also her awkward behavior. But Kai was different. He managed to make her open to him and stayed by her side till the end. Yujeong was indeed happy. She opened her heart and had a best friend for the first time in her life.

Kai, on the other hand, had thought differently from Yujeong. Kai knew she was the right one for him the moment he saw her. She seemed so cold yet he knew she had a warm heart. He wanted to know her well, and get closer to her more than anyone would be. And he did. But the closer he got to her the more afraid he got to express his true feeling towards her. He knew that Yujeong has never thought of him more than a friend, or a brother. He knew she never got closer to anyone, except her family, and he was concerned about her response if he asked her to take the next step. But, the longer he waited, the more afraid he has got. So he has made a decision to tell her. Tell her that he truly likes her and he wants her to see him more than a friend or a brother. He was planning to tell her at the Christmas party, tonight. And whatever her response will be, he vowed to accept it.

"Aish... What am I going to do??" Yujeong let out a sigh of frustration.

She forgot to buy presents for Kai and she couldn't anymore since she was expected at Luhan's house in less than an hour. "He is going to hate me for this..." She thought of all possible things she could give him, but she had no time for that. As she got out of options, she decided to just go to the party and make excuses for not buying him presents.

It only took her 30 minutes to reach Luhan's house. She pressed the doorbell and waits for someone to open the door. Surprisingly, it was Kai who opened the door.

"Hey, you're here." Kai put on a wide smile.

Yujeong also smiled. "Yes, I am."

Kai widened his smile after hearing her voice.

"You look very beautiful." Kai complimented after seeing the short red dress Yujeong was wearing. He usually  saw her with a uniform or sweatpants but rarely with a dress.

"Thank you! You look good yourself!" Yujeong smiled.

Kai felt so happy, but controlled himself enough to fight the urge to hug her right now. He simply smiled.

"May I come in?" Yujeong asked, rubbing her upper arms, feeling cold.

Kai suddenly felt guilty.

"Oh s-sure c-come in. Sorry to keep you out.." Kai rubbed the back of his head and looked down.

"It's okay." Yujeong smiled and went in. She looked around but saw an empty house. 'Wasn't this a party?' She thought and looked around and faced Kai.

"Where is everybody?" She asked curious.

Kai hesitated that if he should tell her the truth or not.

The truth is that, he told her that the party will start one hour earlier than it should actually start, so that he could get the chance to talk to her first. He wanted to solve things first, then enjoy the party

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter