This Christmas

Perfect Christmas

Taehyung had never been a very romantic guy. Sure he hugs and kisses her sometimes, calls her everyday and takes her out every Saturday. But until now, never had he said those three beautiful words to her. It's not that he doesn't love her, he does. A lot. But Kim Taehyung was just too awkward to express how he feels for her. But this year will be different, this Christmas will be a Christmas she will always remember.

“Exactly why are we doing this?" Taehyung crossed his arms as he glances at Jimin.

"I don't know what to give Hana for Christmas." the black haired male shot him a look and pulled him to squat beside him.

"But I don't feel right stalking with you. My girlfriend is here too.."

“Isn't that a good thing? You'd be helping your friend and you'll know the perfect gift to give her." Jimin pointed out, Taehyung rolled his eyes, they peeked through the bushes. He couldn't deny what Jimin said was right. He didn't know what to give her, she was already too perfect, it'd be great to give something she really wants.

“So.. What's do you want for Christmas? But not from me, from your boyfriends.." Jieun asked excitedly.

“I know what you want.." Hana grinned, "You want to go out with Hoseok oppa!" she laughed, Areum chuckled.

Jieun pinked, "Aish.. Don't say that out loud! What if someone who knows him is around here??"

“Yeah yeah.. Hmm, well I really want Jimin to introduce me to his parents, we've been dating for quite some time now. I've brought him to my parents so..." Hana scratched her head shyly.

“Wow, you must really love him. Meeting parents is a big thing!" Jieun clapped.

“Yeah.." Hana looked down with a smile. Jimin's lips curled into a big smile, *Then I'll give you that.*

“How about you Areum?" Jieun asked, Taehyung watched her, she smiled lightly at her friends.

"Nothing, spending Christmas with him is already great." Hana and Jieun frowned, "Come on, there must be something you want!"

“Tell us! We won't tell anyone if you don't want us to.." Hana vowed.

Areum looked at her, "Hmm.." she looked down. "I know!" Jieun said.

“I bet you want Taehyung oppa to be more romantic." Areum's cheeks turned pink, "Yeah.. You're right."

“Oh right.. He had never said 'I love you' to you huh?" Hana asked with a sad expression, feeling sorry for her best friend.

"Yeah, but he did say it when he confessed."

“Does he say 'I miss you' or 'I really wanna see you' or things like that?" Areum shook her head, they gasped.

“You’ve been dating for three years! What’s wrong with that guy.." Jieun crossed her arms, "It's okay.. Taehyung's just not that expressive.."

“We're sorry to hear that.." Hana patted her back.

“He kissed you though.. Right?" Areum nodded, "On the lips right?"

"Sometimes.." she nodded.

They both sighed, "What a relief.."

“Well, I hope all of our wishes come true!" Jieun held her friends hands.

Taehyung sat down on the floor behind the bushes, "It is true.." Jimin said, he looked at him.

"You should tell her you love her. You do, don't you?"

"Of course!"

"Sssh!!"

"Sorry." he muttered.

“She's your girlfriend, if you love her, don't let her slip away." Jimin patted his arm.

 

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

 

Two weeks passed, Christmas finally came, Taehyung had asked her out to celebrate together. After thinking for a week for the perfect place, he finally found one, the perfect one.

"Where are we going?" she looked at him.

"Let's eat a christmas cake." he smiled.

"Okay.." she agreed as they walked in the streets filled with people, it made her dizzy but she tried to keep up with him.

All of the sudden, he reached for her hand and held it tight, she blinked in surprise, "Come on." he guided her, she looked at him, *Is he okay??*

"Tae-"

"We're here." they stood in front of a cake shop, he pulled her with him, entering the shop. They sat down and ordered a cake, she looked at him with more confusion in her, sharing a cake?

"Oppa, are you okay??”

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"You're different today.."

"Really??"

"Hmm." The cake came before she could talk again, she started eating. He watched her, *I'll show you how precious you are to me.*

After eating the cake, they went out and entered the crowd. He suddenly stopped his steps, making her stop as well.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Look.” The city lights were starting to turn on one by one, for the night was coming,

“It’s beautiful.” He turned to her, *You’re more beautiful.*

“Areum?”

“Hmm?” she turned to him, he held her hands.

“I love you.”

Her eyes widened, her heart stopped beating, she was beyond surprised by what he said, “I’m sorry I haven’t said that before. I do love you. And I’m very thankful you want to be with me and spend Christmas with me instead of your friends or family. I didn’t have enough courage to say it before, and I’m still building it. You make me very happy, and I want to do the same for you. I’ll become a better boyfriend. Uhm.. I love you.” He said awkwardly yet sincerely.

Tears welled up in her eyes, she attacked him with a hug, he was taken aback by her action but hugged her back none the less. “Why are you crying?”

“I’m happy.” He softened and patted her back.

They stayed still for a few minutes, “We still have to go somewhere..” he broke the hug and wiped her tears.

“Come on.” He smiled warmly at her and reached for her hand.

They escaped the busy streets, every step they took brought them to a wider street with lesser people and lights. He stopped at an empty park, she stared at in amazement. Tiny lights were dangling around the trees, and a beautiful bright Christmas tree was in the center of the park. He took her to the bench, he unwrapped the scarf around his neck and wiped the bench before letting her sit.

“Sit down..” he said softly, she did and watched him go beside the Christmas Tree.

A song started playing, he started singing. A smile appeared on her lips as she watched him.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhsqRa3GMw)

He walked to her in the middle of the song, she stood up, he sent her an eye-smile and held her hands.

“This is the perfect time of the year

I’ll show you how precious you are

I’m so happy that you’re here

This Christmas

I’ll tell you every day that I love you.” Tears once again fell from her eyes,

“I love you.” He repeated. “I love you too..” she smiled, he wiped the tears and leaned in for a sweet loving passionate kiss.