03

The Forbidden Love

"Are you out of your mind?" The girl shrieked. A hint of anger and shock was obvious on her face. I shook my head

dissapprovingly. 

"I am dead serious." I stared at the girl in front of me; lushy long hair and a pair of luring eyes. Yeah, she is drop dead gorgeous. My bestfriend, Yoona. 

"I know how much you love him, but you shouldn't ruin their happiness as a couple! If you truly love him, you'd let him go. Love means sacrifice, and yes you did sacrifice. Love is happiness; his happiness is your happiness. If you ruin his happiness which is Jessica, he would be in such a great pain!" She stated firmly.

"I do love him; I love him to the point of giving my all to him. I love him and it's hard to let him go, and it's easy for you to say because you're not in my position. You used to like him, but not to the extent as I do. You don't understand how I feel. You don't understand how miserable was I when I heard them say they are dating each other. You don't. I want to claim what's supposed to be mine." A bitter tear fell from my eye, but I wiped it off in a blink of an eye. 

I heard her sigh heavily, and she massaged her temple.

"Seohyun, I know how hard it is to let him go. Especially if you grew up loving him. It takes time to move on, but it's for the best. Do you remember what the fortune teller said yesterday? She told you to be careful in what you do. She told you to be careful I'm every decision you make." She worriedly said.

Her words bothered me, but my statement wouldn't change at all. I would continue the plan. I would claim what's supposed to be mine.

"Don't do it, Seohyun. You'd end up with nothing! You'd end up hurting everyone including yourself.

Think this thoroughly."—Voice#1

"Do it! Claim what is rightfully yours. After all, you sacrificed a lot for him. When he forgets his projects and homeworks, you'd put his name instead of yours so he wouldn't get scolded by the teachers for having bad marks. When he didn't study for the tests, you'd change your papers at the last minute so he would get the better mark. When he has no money nor a lunch, you'd offer all your food for him. When he gets in trouble, you would tell them it's your fault instead of him. Do I need to say more? Do it!"—Voice#2

"No, don't do it! Listen to me! You have to accept that not everything you want could be yours.

Don't be selfish. After all, love is sacrifice. Sure, you sacrificed a lot for him, but Jessica is his only happiness. Let him go if you really love him. Sacrifice it."—Voice#1

Little voices on my head keep on arguing back and forth, but no matter how much I think; the second one makes sense. I took a deep breathe.

"My decision is final." I firmly stated and she looked at me with pure disbelief. 

"Very well then, I guess I could no longer convince you. Just be careful in what you do." She took a sip on her coffee and went out of the café. I sighed for the nth time. My decision is whole. I took the last sip on my coffee before heading out.

But I soon heard a beep from my phone. I fished for my phone from my pocket.

"I just hope you do the right decision. The Seohyun I know knows what is right from wrong. Please. Think this thoroughly."—Yoona

I smiled; but again, my decision is final. I'm going to claim what is mine. With that, I headed out of the café when I heard my phone beeped again. I read the message and a warm smile was plastered on my face.

"Dongsaeng, hello! I went out to buy groceries. Message me if you arrived safely, okay? And call me if there is an emergency. Lock the doors properly, too."—Jessica

I softened, but again, my decision is whole and clear.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what will happen these following weeks." I muttered silently to myself. I took a cab to home. I paid the taxi driver and I was about to open our house's gate when I received another text.

"I know what you're up to and I could tell the two what you're up two."—Anonymous

I gasped in horror. I quickly text back the stranger; stranger danger.

"Who are you? And what do you need?" I texted the stranger back. I went inside the house and typed a short message to my sister.

"My identity is a secret. Call me if you don't want me to spill the beans."—Anonymous

Without any hesitation and any precautions, I called his phone number. Aftera few rings, he picked it up. 

"Hello, this is Seohyun." I said through the phone. 

I could hear him clearing his throat; probably warming up to change his voice. "I heard what you're up to. I thought you're very innocent and kind, turns out you're a bad chic." I heard him smirk. His voice is familiar to me, but I just couldn't remember whose voice it is. He is probably my friend or Myungsoo's. 

He seems to know me and the news about Myungsoo and Jessica unnie dating.

"I see. You're a judgmental person, aren't you?" 

"Now don't put up that attitude of yours. We want the same thing. You want to have Myungsoo back, and I obviously want your sister. You know  if we joined forces, we'd get what we want easily. Whad'ya say?" I smirked evilly.

"Sure." I said unhesistantly. 

"Let's meet up in café tomorrow at three o clock. The same place where you and Yoona met today."

"Okay, I'll see you at three and we'll talk about this."

I hang up the phone call and a small smile was plastered on my face. I've been know to be the 'kind' one. I've been known for always doing good deeds and in thinking decisions thoroughly. Due to my burning desire of claiming what is rightfully mine, I didn't do any of those. I followed my raging desires;  get him back.