Just Tell Him

Just Tell Him

Kyuhyun looked down at his dressing room table, which was cluttered with an array of concealers, eyeliner pencils, and different makeup; he looked back up into the mirror, staring skeptically at the reflection peering back at him.

Kyuhyun liked the way he looked. His fans did, too, although he didn't think he was anything to scream about. But recently, the brunet had started to like his face a lot more, specifically because a certain bandmate of his seemed to like it.

Earlier that week, Kyuhyun had been watching the newest episode of his favorite drama, and the episode had left him in tears. His favorite character had been rejected and then diagnosed with a terminal illness, and although dramas didn't usually effect him like this, the sad episode combined with all the recent stress of recording for Super Junior's new album hit Kyuhyun's emotions in just the right way to make him burst into tears.

When the tears were done, Kyuhyun had embarassedly slipped out of his room to get some tissues and concealer and hopefully resume his life without feeling weirdly fragile due to the outburst. He had peered into the mirror and frowned, wondering why so many magazines wanted him featured in their fashion articles. He didn't look anything special, he thought, especially with his face still glazed with tear trails and his eyes somewhat red and puffy. Sighing and rubbing his eyes, he left the bathroom and walked into the hall way, only to find himself face to face with a sweaty, shirtless Choi Siwon.

"Kyuhyun! What's wrong? Were you crying?" the religious man asked, dropping the sweat-soaked tank top held in his hand and caressing the younger male's face; Kyuhyun just stood there with his eyes wide, mortified that somone was witnessing him in this state.

"Tell me, please. Let me help," Siwon continued, his dark brown eyes boring directly into Kyuhyun's own.

"Um..." Kyuhyun began awkwardly, feeling the blood rushing to his face. "I watched a sad drama."

Siwon was quiet for a second. "That's it?"

"And I guess I've been stressed, too...it's nothing important."

"You're health is extremely important. If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, let me know," Siwon replied, his voice low and soft. It gave Kyuhyun goosebumps.

"I'm fine, Siwon. Really," the magnae grumbled, wiping the wetness on his face with his sleeve. "Why do you care so much?"

It was weird for Siwon to pay so much attention to him. Recently the two had become closer, but since when did his hyung go out of his way for him? It wasn't that Kyuhyun disliked it, it was just that he wanted to know why

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun pensively, then sighed. "This is going to sound weird, but right now...you look gorgeous."

Kyuhyun blinked. What did Siwon just say? He looked gorgeous? His face was tear stained and red, his hair was unkept and messy, and he looked gorgeous?

"How?" the magnae asked, the feeling of Siwon's muscular hand on his cheek becoming a little more comforting.

"When I see you crying it makes me want to protect you. When I see you smiling, it makes me want to smile, too. It's weird for me. It's almost like..." Siwon hesitated, his gaze averting from Kyuhyun's chocolatey eyes.

Kyuhyun gulped, a weird feeling hitching in his throat. "Almost like what?"

"Like I like you," the elder finished somewhat hurriedly, removing his hand from Kyuhyun's face. "But it's weird, isn't it? I mean, we're both guys."

"That doesn't matter," Kyuhyun replied, his heart pounding so loudly in his ribcage that he was almost sure Siwon could hear it. "If you like me, you should tell me. You can't help who you like, even if it's a guy."

"Then, I do like you, Kyuhyun. That's why I don't want you to cry. So tell me why you're really upset."

The brunet's eyes widened. Maybe Siwon was right; maybe it was more than the drama that had caused his sadness. He didn't want to admit any of it, but before he could think, words started streaming out of his mouth.

"It's just that it's hard being the youngest, and everyone expects my singing to get better, and my dancing, and I feel like you all hate that I play video games, and..." The brunet singer stopped for a second to breathe. "I'm just really stressed out."

"None of us hate you, and you're always getting better at everything," Siwon assured the younger male, wrapping his strong arms tightly around the brunet. "Things will be easier soon."

"I'm not as good looking as you or everybody else," Kyuhyun added in a hushed voice, ashamed at what he was saying, especially to Siwon. But he wanted to tell somebody.

"That isn't true at all," the dark-haired male replied earnestly, running his hand through the silky locks of Kyuhyun's hair. "You're incredibly good looking."

"You think so?"

"I do. And it drives me crazy."

"What does?"

"Looking at you. It makes me think of all the things I'd like to do to you."

Kyuhyun was quiet, and Siwon continued with, "I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry."

"I don't mind you thinking those things," Kyuhyun had said, his voice barely audible over the sound of his heartbeat in his head. "But I think maybe I should go back to my room now."

"Sorry," Siwon called after him once again, but Kyuhyun shut the door behind him before he could look back and probably start crying all over again.

That incident had happened monday, and it was now thursday; Siwon and Kyuhyun hadn't said much to each other, but occasionally one would catch the other staring at him, and they would make long but awkward eye contact during interviews and tv spots.

Kyuhyun left his dressing room once he was satisfied with his appearance and made his way to meet the rest of his bandmates backstage.

"Ugh, Kyuhyun, they've got you in that leopard-print jacket again?" Henry said as the young singer approached Super Junior-M, a frown worn on his face. "I don't like it."

"But you look great," a somewhat loud voice interjected after this comment; Kyuhyun noticed somewhat happily that it was Siwon who said it. The dark-haired man gave Henry a look after he said this, to which Henry just frowned more deeply.

"Thanks," Kyuhyun muttered as he was handed a mike; they were about to perform Perfection, which Kyuhyun secretly thought was supposed to be a joke on him. He wasn't perfection. At least, he didn't think he was.

"Let's knock 'em dead," Eunhyuk said jokingly while flashing a huge, toothy smile as the group made their way onto the stage.

The performance went pretty well, despite the fact that they could barely hear the music over the fans' screaming. But that's usually the best kind of concert.

"Kyuhyun!" a familiar voice called out to the younger singer; the brunet easily recognized it as Siwon.

"You were great," the dark-haired male continued, casually resting a firm hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"Thanks," the younger singer said breathlessly, still a bit exhausted from their performance. "You, too."

Siwon hesitated. "Do you remember the night I told you I liked you?" he asked somewhat quietly, his smoldering, onyx eyes boring into Kyuhyun's own russet orbs.

The magnae nodded. "How could I forget?" he added, the feeling of Siwon's focusing on him so intensely sending a shiver down his spine.

"I never thought to ask, but..." The more muscular man kept their eye contact. "Do you like me, too?"

"I do, but I don't think I like you in the way that you like me," Kyuhyun replied honestly, not wanting to hurt Siwon. He had never really thought about his feelings towards his hyung in that manner.

"Oh," Siwon replied somewhat disheartedly. "I see."

"But I think I'll be able to," Kyuhyun continued, not at all liking the rejected look on Siwon's face. "I want to like you."

Siwon smiled warmly. "I'm glad. Come on. There's a reception for the concert down the hall," the dark-haired male said, extending his hand to the brunet.

Nervously, Kyuhyun linked his hand with Siwon's own, and the two walked together to the party, where they were greeted by their fellow members.

The second Siwon yanked his hand away from Kyuhyun's own to avoid suspicion, Kyuhyun knew; he was definitely going to end
up liking Siwon.

He just wished he had the guts to say it.