The Cure

Zelo's Tomatoes

 

 

          Eventually the time for the two families to meet arrived. Both families were getting ready. “Appa can I bring TOTO?” Zelo asked.

          “Sure Jun Hongie if Umma says its ok you can even bring TATS and SHISHI,” said Young Guk.

          “Really Appa?” Zelo’s eyes lit up his parents rarely allowed him to take SHISHI and TATS out of the apartment.

          “Umma says its fine,” Him Chan said walking into Zelo’s room. “Go get dressed YoungGuk you look like a train wreck. I will not allow Dae Hyun and Young Jae to tease me about my husband’s fashion sense”

          “Feisty,” Young Guk laughed and left the room.

          “Ok Zelo lets go get the car packed. Out the MATOS in the back seat with you” Him Chan said. Zelo nodded and left to get the bunnies.

         

 

Jong Up ran into his parents’ room. “Daddy can you spike my hair?”

Dae Hyun pulled his T-shirt. “Sure Uppie,” he responded. “Jump up.” He patted the bed. After Jong Up was up he asked, “Do it how you have it normally?”

Jong Up nodded.

          After a while Jong Up asked “Daddy can I bring DADA today?”

          “Sure,” Dae Hyun said casually. “Maybe KEKE and JOKO will tag along too.”

          “Really? DADA loves it when KEKE and JOKO play with him.”

          Young Jae walked out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel. He too had on jeans and a T-shirt. Finally, the family was ready to go with Jong Up buckled into his car seat.

          On their way to the restaurant Zelo fell asleep. TOTO was on his lap and SHISHI and TATS sat on either side of him.  When he saw this Him Chan, who was driving, said “Now for the good stuff. 2,000 won on DaeHyun having thirds.”

          “Naw he’ll eat more than that,” Young Guk said.   

          “Put your money where your mouth is,” Him Chan said.

          “Ok. 3,000 won on fourths,” said Young Guk.

          “Alright. Deal.” Him Chan said firmly sealing the deal.

When they arrived at the restaurant, TOTO held by Zelo who was held by Young Guk, and were about to go in they heard someone innocently say, “Appa are these the crazy Uncles you were talking about?”

          “Yes Uppie but let’s not tell them that. Ok?” they heard someone smugly say the smirk visible in his voice.

          “JUNG DAE HYUN,” Him Chan said spinning around. Daehyun quickly took a step backward out of Him Chan’s arm range. Him Chan calmed himself and hugged his dongsaeng. After that Daehyun scooped up Jongup who had one arm around his neck and the other around DADA.

          “Nice to see you again,” said Young Guk. “Zelo fell asleep on the way here so when he wakes up he and Jong Up can be introduced.”

          Dae Hyun nodded and Young Jae walked up. “Jong Up is asleep too.”

          “He was just awake!” Him Chan exclaimed.

          “He falls asleep fast.” explained Dae Hyun.

          They entered TS Café and sat at the corner table. A waitress with the nametag ‘Sunhwa’ came up. “Dae Hyunnie, Young Jae,” she squealed. “I haven’t seen you forever.”

          “We just moved back from Busan,” Young Jae explained.

          Sunhwa nodded. She spotted Jong Up, “Oh, he’s just precious,” she squealed. “I have to get the rest of the unnis.” She dashed off, but, returned seconds later three (Zinger, Hyosung, Jieun) others behind her. They immediately started to fawn over Jong Up and Zelo. When they were done the boys placed their order. Dae Hyun ordered four servings of his lunch. Young Guk ordered two ramen one for him for Zelo. He asked for the cook to be sure that there was no chili paste remaining.

          “Doesn’t like spicy stuff?” Dae Hyun questioned.

          “Won’t eat anything red.” Him Chan sighed a ‘don’t ask’ look on his face.

         

          About halfway through the meal (well when Dae Hyun was halfway through his meal) he asked. “How much did you guys put?”

          Young Guk was the first to understand. “I put 3,000 won on fourths and Him Chan put 2,000 on thirds.” He said.

          Daehyun gestured to Him Chan, “I’d pay up hyung. I ordered fourths in case you didn’t notice.” Him Chan sighed and gave the money to YoungGuk.

          After everyone was done with their meal Jongup and Zelo were still asleep so they decided to head to Young Guk and Him Chan’s so the boys could sleep a bit more. They got into their separate cars. When they arrived Dae Hyun went in  carrying the kids’ food. Young Jae leaned over a sleeping Jongup and shook him gently “Uppie you need to wake up. It’s time for lunch.”

          “Lunch?” Suddenly Jong Up was fully awake and dashing into the house with the three MATOS in his arms. Young Jae followed shortly laughing his head off.

          “Uncle Young Guk!” exclaimed running over to the man giving him a hug.

          “Hey kiddo!” Young Guk said “Glad to see you. Why don’t you go wake Zelo up? He’s still asleep in his room.” Jong Up nodded and dashed out of the room.

          He found Zelo asleep in his light blue room. He crawled onto Zelo’s bed. “Jun Hongie, Jun Hongie wake up!” he said softly shaking the other’s shoulders. He woke Zelo up. Zelo blushed, “Oh, hyung,” he said.

“Hahaha you look cute,” Jong up said causing Zelo to blush even more. “Now you like a tomato,” Jong Up said smiling. Zelo started screaming the jumped off his bed TOTO in his hands and ran out of the room. In the process, Jong Up was knocked to the floor. “What a weird dongsaeng I have,” he thought. He walked back to the kitchen where he found Zelo with his arms around Him Chan sobbing. “What’s wrong Junhongie?” he asked confused.

“Hyung said I looked like a tomato,” Zelo declared. “Tomatoes look like apples. Tomatoes are also red. Tomatoes are EVIL.”

Jong Up was confused then he said, “Sorry Jun Hongie hyung didn’t mean it. I meant you looked like a flower….Yeah a flower.” Jong Up said scratching his head.

Dae Hyun looked at the two awkward boys and decided to intervene. “Why don’t you show Zelo some of your dance moves? I hear he is a dancer as well.” Jong Up nodded and at that they both ran into Zelo’s bedroom and locked the door. The younger the radio. “Chris Brown subaenim cool!!” Jong Up cheered as he walked to the center of the room. He closed his eyes and started moving his body to the beat. He finished his windmill and stood up. “Wow hyung you’re good!” Zelo said.

“Let’s see what you’ve got Zelo!” Jong Up said. He watched as Zelo moved to the middle of the room and began to dance. He started to tut as he wasn’t a b-boy like Jong Up. When he finished he looked at Jong Up for approval. After seeing his hyung’s nod he smiled like there was no tomorrow.          

For the rest of the day they danced and even made up a dancing handshake. Eventually the two collapsed on the floor from exhaustion. Jong Up suddenly thought of something.  “Zelo why are you afraid of red?”

“Do you know the story of Adam and Eve?” Zelo asked. “That’s why.”

“Really, but you do know that red can be good too? Like love. Your parents are in love so are mine that can’t be bad right? I mean our parents aren’t evil.” He said looking over at Zelo as his dongsaeng considered that thought he said, “I know one more thing that isn’t evil and is red.”

“What?” Zelo asked curiously.

“You,” Jongup said. When Zelo tried to protest he gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Now you are,” he said running out of the room leaving a confused Zelo.

‘I guess red isn’t so bad after all he thought’ standing up and chasing his hyung into the living room where they watched TV until Young Jae brought them their ramen. They were eating in a comfortable silence until Zelo got an idea. He climbed up onto one of the dining room chairs looked until he found what he wanted then went back to where Jong Up was sitting. When he came back Jong Up looked at him curiously. He showed his hyung what he was holding, it was a cherry tomato in the shape of a heart. “Hyung said love is good and hearts are good. So this must be good too. So, if I eat it can I have another kiss from hyung?”

“Sure Zelo,” Jong Up replied. “Just make sure you swallow first I want to kiss you not the tomato.”

Zelo nodded and quickly ate the tomato and said “Ok hyung I swallowed it.” Jongup just smiled and leaned over giving Zelo a peck on the lips this time instead of the cheek.

“See, red,” Jong Up said poking Zelo’s cheeks. He smiled and grabbed Zelo’s hand. They ate the rest of their lunch holding hands. So that is why Zelo loves cherry tomatoes so because he knows that every time he eats one he’ll get a peck from his favorite hyung.

 

 

The

End

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Authors note: so yeah finished hope it was Ok! GUYS CHECK OUT MY POLL FOR MY NEXT JONGLO FIC