Secrets.

The Bus Stop Boy

I'm mad. Mad, mad, mad!
"Stop sulking, will you?" Myungsoo utters from the doorway. Hmph. I didn't look at him. "Why do you insist on going out alone? I can take you out for a stroll if you want." What am I? A kid? I don't need you holding my hand like a five years old. Plus, I want to be alone with him. You're just going to make it uncomfortable for us.
I said in my head. If I said it out loud, Myungsoo would flip a table (not literally). He hates it when I rebel. 

 

"It's been three days! The rain stopped coming already. Can't I just go out and enjoy myself a little? Look! The weather is so nice today!" I exclaim and point out my bedroom window.
I told that guy I wanted to meet him two days ago. I'm sure he's been waiting! But, I'm not sure anymore...

 

"Like you're one to talk about seeing the nice weather..." He mumbles. A sharp pain stabs my chest. I angrily turn to him.

 

"Just because I'm stuck indoors all the time doesn't mean I can't see the nice weather outside! I can feel the sun on my skin and hear the birds chirps better than you!" I shout. My cheeks were flushed red. Gosh sometimes Myungsoo is just plain rude.
He went quiet.

 

"Sorry..." He mutters. Myungsoo sighs. "But your father is still taking care of some things before we can leave this place. You should just focus on your surgery." He utters.

 

"I know..." I reply. It's not like we're here to play but... I just really want to see him. Especially before I leave for my surgery. Myungsoo doesn't know anything. He doesn't know how I feel right now. I've never met another person like the guy I met yesterday. He's special to me. He's my angel.
I place my arms on the desk I was sitting at and gaze out the window. The sunlight notified me it was about noon. I sigh and drop my head. I won't be able to see him huh?

 

"Fine, go." Myungsoo says out of nowhere. My head shot up.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You're not doing anything and you're too depressing to look at. Just be back within an hour. I'm sure your father won't be back before that." He permits. A big smile stretches across my face.

 

"T-thank you Myunnie~~~" I purr. Myunnie is the name I used to call him when we were younger. He told not to call him that, but I do it when he spoils me.

 

"Jeez, that name again... Well, get your clothes ready and be careful."

 

"Thanks."

"Hmm, if I remember correctly... I turn left at this tree..." I slid my finger up to the trunk. "Then it should be just right up ahead!" Last time I was lost but according to my memory this was how I reach the bus stop. Hopefully I'm correct.
"Now that I think about it... It's not like he's going to be there right?" I stop moving. Suddenly a huge weight of anxiety hovers over me. Wait, what if he's not there? I mean, I'm just a random stranger who talked to him for two hours or so and it's not like there's any reason to meet up with me. Besides, he's probably a busy person, he definitely won't be there. But still... I have to meet him once more. 
I squeeze my hands tightly together.
"Ok, if he's there then it fated that we should meet again! But... If he's not there, I will give up and go home..." I mumble to myself. I was actually 99.99% sure he wasn't going to me there. I lift my head up higher to feelt he wind brushing my hair to the right side of my face.  
"Please let there be a 0.01% miracle..." I whisper and take another step forward. Badump. Badump. I was getting nervous almost over nothing. It's not a big deal... Right?
As I took another couple more steps I can hear the bird's nest from three days ago. Yes, I passed this point that day! The little chicks are still crying for their mother like usual. "The bus stop is just up ahead!" I smile and almost started running. "Calm down, I need to calm down... It's not like he'll be there... So I shouldn't expect so much..." I stop again and shut my eyes. The stop should now be visible from this spot. Take a deep breath...
Let me see him. Badump. Let me see him. Badump. Let me see him. I open my eyes. Badump.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


He's...
There!
He's there!!!
"HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream with all my might. He look up from his droopy posture. My heart felt like it was fluttering out of my chest. 
He's really there! I can't believe it! He came again! Or coincidence? Whatever it is I don't care! It felt as if the soft radiance around him had became even more vibrant. It took him a while to respond but he waved to me. "He's here..."
I quicken my pace. I didn't care about the muddy grass or the dirty road that separated us. I just wanted to get over to him. I was just too happy. My eyes were set on him alone. Again, nothing else matters. Not even the sunny weather.
"I'm here! I'm here!" I gasp as I reach the bus stop. But sadly, just before entering the shelter I slip right on my . "Ah!" Once again my skirt was painted with wet earth, but it didn't matter.


"Are you ok?!" He exclaims and makes his way over to me. "Don't carelessly cross the road like that, what would've happened if a bus was coming?!" He lectures. I quickly rub the dirt off my hands and look up at him.
He's really here. I can see him right in front of me. I'm so glad we were able to meet again. I stupidly grin.


"Sorry, I was just so happy to see you." I laughed. I know it's not the time to be all giddy but I couldn't help it. My 0.01% miracle happened. He slightly turns away from me.


"Don't smile right after tripping, goofball." He murmurs and kneels down to me. "Are you hurt anywhere? Can you stand?" He asks. He was so close. So close that I actually saw the color of his eyes. It flickered in the sunlight. They were bright brown but in the light, they looked orange. What beautiful eyes, my angel.

 

"Hey..." I spoke. "What's your name?"

 

"...Sunggyu... Kim Sunggyu." He answers. I smile. Sunggyu~ Gyunnie? The adoration name? He looks at my expression and smiles back. "What goofy things are you thinking of? You're making a weird face, hehe." He chuckles. I beam sheepishly. I must've looked stupid just now. People had told me before that my face looks weird when I smile.
"It's a pleasure to meet you again Taeyeon." Sunggyu says and place something right on my ear. I blink, but SQUEALED, in my head of course!


"What's that?"

 

"A white carnation. I got it for you." Badump. I lift my hands up to the flower. It was droopy and some petals were dried out. Oh no...

 

"Sunggyu..."

 

"It kind of died because I picked it from its roots three days ago..." He utters. I blush.
Oh my gosh... He got it for me! But I didn't even keep my promise! I look away. That swelling feeling you get when you wanted to cry was in my occuring already. I wanted to punch Myungsoo so bad right now, but more than that I wanted to punch myself. I shouldn't have kept a promise I couldn't keep! Sunggyu... 


"S-sorry! I didn't come! It rained the whole three days and my father told Myungsoo to watch over me. I-I didn't mean for you to wait in the rain!" I cried. Not literally, but about to. Sunggyu plainly smiles. 

 

"It's alright, that's not something you should cry over, goofball." He chuckles. My heart race with the joyous sound of his laughter. Sunggyu was definitely a soother. I stopped my childish acts and stand up (from the spot I've decided to plant myself on longer than expected). Yep, this dress has got to go.
We both make our way to the bench again. This time, sitting closer to one another. Probably about an arm's length away! Butterflies filled my stomach with a sweet delight. My head was heated with nervousness but once we started talking, it felt as if I've just reunited with a long time companion. An awkward way to put it but it was true. Sunggyu is so kind.

 

"D-did you really wait three day just because of what I said?" I asked as soon as my touch the bench. It really bothered me that I let something like this happen. I felt so guilty.

 

"Don't worry. I'm happy you wanted to meet up again." He calmly said. Sunggyu seemed like a very serene man. He didn't seemed like the type to fuss over small things, unlike the childish me. It made him even more attractive and loving. Gosh, he's all that fills my mind. "Besides, I don't get to meet new people much. It's quite refreshing." But there were still so many things I don't know about him.

 

"Yep. Hey Sunggyu... What do you think about secrets?" I ask. 

 

"Secrets?"

 

"Mmhmm."

 

"...Well... They're... Harmful."

 

"Harmful?"

 

"Yes... Secrets are sometimes scary and cruel. But sometimes... They're just painful. I hate secrets and yet they're the most interesting thing about another person." He softly said. I look at Sunggyu's eyes. They were looking far into the distance again. It seems like he's always looking for something in the horizon. Past the flowers and fields. Past the town houses and farms; somewhere far.

 

"Do you have a secret?" Sunggyu hesitated before answering. 

 

"Of course I do. Everyone does." I can feel an unsettling emotion coming form him when he said that. Sunggyu what kind of secrets do you have? I want to know all about you. Why do you glow with such saddness sometimes? What emotions lay deep within his heart? Can you show it in your eyes, Sunggyu?

 

"I have a big secret." He looks at me. I love it when he does that. I can see my reflection within his eyes. It meant he was only looking at me, paying attention to me. I want to hold your attention even if it's just for a bit. "You're my secret Sunggyu."

 

"Me?"

 

"I love secrets actually, no matter how scary they are. Like you said, it's the most interesting thing about another person." I wrap my fingers together again. "You're my most precious secret Sunggyu, heh." I smile.
Even though Sunggyu appears secluded sometimes, I hope that being with me can just dimmed that by a little. I don't know much about him but there's this connection that links us together. I can feel it. I wonder if he can too? Like that'll ever happen. 

 

"Precious huh? You're the precious one." He points at the flower on my ear. I touch the petals.
T-the flower meant precious?! My face abruptly heats up. P-precious?! W-why would he give me a flower that meant precious?!  He laughs. Badump. "What a rich color of red." He jokes, regarding my face. I twist my face away from him.


 

"I-I have no control over my cheeks ok!"

 

"No, not your cheeks. Your lips Taeyeon." He adds. "They're like cherries." M-m-m-my lips?! He looked at my l-lips?! W-why would he do that?! And since when did my lips blush too?! Is my face that abnormal?! It was surprising to how easily those words slip out of his mouth. 
My hands flew over my face as if it had just discovered it's features. I held my lips together in embarrassment. Sunggyu watch me go at it for a while before bursting into a loud laughter, it even startled me.

 

"W-what?!"


"Hahaha sorry! It was just too cute watching you attack your own face like that." He utters trying to hold in his amusement. My hand freeze in midair in awe and I simply stare at him.
He was so dazzling. His aura carried the color yellow, joy and happiness. The hollowness in his eyes also faded away. I was making him laugh and I didn't care that he teased me. I was just ecstatic to see his heart-felt expressions. This is the real him. I'm grateful that he showed me such a wonderful sight. 

"I'm happy I met you Sunggyu." I shyly announce. He stop grinning. A tear strolls down my rosy cheek. "Smile like that all the time Sunggyu, it matches you." I mumble and look up at him. "Y-you know... Before I met you... My world was d-darkness. I felt like I was the only one in the world, b-but now I can see you. I'm not alone. You're my a-angel Sunggyu." I sniff and weep. I wipe my wet face, but the tears ran down faster everytime I did. My first tears of happiness. It felt great. "You're my precious light. For the f-first time you made me see." Without looking at him, I inhale slowly. I have to get my feelings across before I leave and it's too late.
The breeze pick up its pace as I gaze up at him. Do it Taeyeon! This might be my only chance!
"S-sunggyu... I... I lov-" Suddenly, an arm wraps around me. It took away my breath. I couldn't believe what was happening! Sunggyu was hugging me in his arms! W-what did this mean?! Regardless, I was happy.
My tears continue to drip onto his clothes as my head rest upon his shoulders. "Sunggyu?"

"Ah... I touched you." He quietly whispers.

 

"Huh?" He softens his grip on my shoulders. 

 

"You shouldn't say things like this Taeyeon... Especially not to me." He coldly utters. Those words hurt. My chest hurts. Did I hear wrong? Then why would he hug me?! It felt like something was crushing me, emotionally.

 

"Why?" I manage to ask. Did I say something wrong?

 

"You can't be attach to me. And you certainly can't allow me to be attach to you." What? Why couldn't he? I wanted that. I don't get it. Why? I pull back. I glance down at his hands before staring him straight in the eyes.  

 

"Sunggyu, you don't understand. Everything happens for a reason right?! You told me that right? You see... Actually, I-"

 

"Leave."

 

"Huh?"
 

"Don't come looking for me anymore. Leave." As soon as he said that I felt something fell onto my arm. I slowly pick it up. What is this? "Your first flower has started to wilt." He informs. I rub my thumb over it as it crumbles. My first flower? A petal... It was a petal from the white carnation on my ear. No. No! I place my arms on his own. My tears didn't stop. Everything was going wrong!

 

"Listen S-Sunggyu-"

 

"Are you such an easy girl?" He snickers. What? "We've only met twice! You don't even know me. Isn't this a little absurd? And you're crying all over me like a lovesick maniac." Sunggyu titters. He looked like a whole other person. "So this is what it means to be a city girl? How amusing!"
His words. They ripped away at my heart, my insides. Everything shifted so quickly I can't even keep up with him.

 

"Y-you really mean that?" My view was blurry, I couldn't see well considering all the tears streaming out of my eyes. He push my arms away and turn towards the field of flowers. His light was fading. His aura felt blue. What is going on?!


"Sunggyu... You're my angel-"

 

"What does that even mean?!" He shouts. Sunggyu stands up from the bench. I suddenly hear thunder. It was going to rain again. "I am not an angel! Do you even know what it means to be an angel?! I am nothing but a dead soul!" He roars. My first time hearing him scream. My first time knowing how it felt like to be rejected. My first love, down with the rain.
But... I can still see his light... It still felt warm.

 

"Sunggyu... I love you." A crash of thunder explodes right above us. It jerked my heart as the words slipped out. Sunggyu turns to me, shocked.


"Taeyeon!"
I gaze straight into his eyes.


"I may not know anything about you. We may had just talked for three hours at the most but... I fell in love with you the moment I saw you." A last single tear drips down my bottom lash and onto the wilted petal crumbles left on my hand. I stand up too. "You're my precious light."
He stares at me for what seems like forever. He didn't look at aggressive anymore. Sunggyu slowly exhale. As he was about to say something, a voice pops in from behind me.

 

"T-Taeyeon?"
I spin around to see Myungsoo. "W-who are you talking to?"

Hey !

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! I believe this story will end in the next chapter so please upvote for a quick update and comment below for some cookies! [jk]

Thanks for reading! SUB! I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER!