I Wanna Be...

I Think I'm Ugly

Just like her, I wanna be pretty.

She sat in her living room watching him dance so lovingly towards that girl on Inkigayo.

She admired that girl's beauty. Her smile earned her many fans even though she's just a dancer. HIS dancer.

It's always been like this, she would sit at home watching their live performances while feeling self conscious of herself.

She would be tortured by the way they moved together, so close to each other as she just sat there watching them.

She knew she could never compare to the beauty of his partner. His partner was beyond beautiful while she was nothing in comparison.

His partner, Ji Hye.

I'm not pretty, I'm not beautiful.

I stand no chance against Ji Hye. Even I can't beat that, it's no wonder she was chosen as his partner.

Just then her phone vibrated. It was a text message from HIM.

Hey Beautiful,

What did you think of the performance? We're still up for later on tonight right?

I can't wait to see you.

What does he see in me to think I'm beautiful? I'm not as nearly beautiful as she is.

She replied,

It was awesome as always. & of course we're still up for tonight.

She got up to get ready for their date. Every night they met on the rooftop of their dorms.

It was a special place for both of them because it was where he had confessed his feelings to her and when they officially started going out.

She put on an oversized hoodie that covered even her short shorts that she was wearing.

She put her hair in a tight ponytail, letting her blonde hair hang loosely. Her bangs also hanging.

She made sure she had the keys to her dorm and her cellphone as she made her way to the rooftop.

Once she got there, she saw him waiting for her. There were rose petals in the shape of a large heart on the ground in the center of the rooftop.

A circular table for two were set in the middle of the heart with a lit candle.

When he saw her, he stood up giving her his famous eye smile. She forced a smile in return.

He gave her a kiss on her forehead as he lead her to one of the two seats. He pushed out her chair like the gentleman that he is and she sat down.

He sat down opposite of her.

"I miss you." He said as he held her hands in his.

Don't force me to talk, I'm not right for you.

"What's wrong?" He ask worried as he sees her face drop.

She knew it was too good to be true. This guy was too good for her. Someone like him deserves someone better than her.

These thoughts would always run through her mind whenever she was with him.

When she agreed to date him, she wanted to be greedy. She loves him as he loves her but she always doubted herself.

She wanted to feel loved at least once even though she knew she was too ugly too be loved by someone as good as him.

She wanted to ignore her conscious and just be with the man she loves. That was what kept her going for the past 6 months with him.

6 months. They've been together for 6 months and she still felt as if she wasn't good enough for him.

"Baby, why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?" He started wiping the tears that spilled uncontrollably from her cat like eyes.

She hadn't realized she was crying until he said that.

"What did I do? I'm sorry, baby." He said over and over trying to stop but she kept shaking her head.

"It's not you, I'm sorry." She finally blurted through sobs.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." He tried to comfort her. His heart broke into pieces with every tear she shed.

He would do anything to see her smile again. He didn't know why she was crying, he must of done something wrong to make her like this.

He always felt sorry towards her every time he went on stage and danced with another girl.

He felt that he was betraying her but she would always tell him that she was okay with it and it was his job.

Before every performance, he made sure he told her that he loves her so she wouldn't get the wrong idea when he was dancing with another girl.

If he had to travel, he would make sure to call her every other hour to check up on her. He didn't want her to feel abandoned because he always had to travel.

Every day off he got, he would make sure to spend that entire day with her. That was how much he loves her.

He loves her for always being understanding in whatever he does.

He loves her for always trusting him when he's with other females.

He loves her for always being there for him when he needs her the most.

He loves her for always giving him strength when his work was too stressful for him.

He loves her for always putting him before herself.

He loves her for her.

He continued wiping away her tears while giving her comforting words.

"I'm not right for you" She finally said.

He felt as if his heart was ripped right out of his body. Why is she saying this? I can't live without her.

"Baby, you're more than right for me. What do you mean you're not? You're my everything."

"I'm nowhere near perfect. I don't deserve someone as good as you." Her tears started falling harder.

He then went and kneeled in front of her, lifted her chin to make her look at him and leaned in to kiss her.

With his forehead on hers, "I love you just the way you are. In my eyes, you're the most beautiful person I have ever saw. You're perfect."

"Beautiful? I'm ugly. What is beautiful about me when I'm as ugly as this." She points to herself then looks down, ashamed of her appearance.

Now he got it, she was self conscious about herself. The way she looks.

"Why would you say that? You're beautiful. I fell in love with who you are NOT how you look like. I could care less about what other's think of you. To me, you're my world. I can never live without you."

She could feel her face burn up after hearing his statement.

He lifted her chin and looked straight into her eyes, "I love you and only you. If you think you're ugly then so be it. I will still love you no matter how you look."

She looked straight into his eyes and she could see everything.

She saw that he meant every word he said, she saw that he wasn't lying, and she saw the love he had for her. She saw everything in his eyes.

His eyes started getting watery, "Please don't think you're ugly. You're beautiful. I wouldn't trade you in for anything."

He pulled her in for a hug. He was afraid for what she was going to say next. He knew in his heart but he didn't want to think it.

She had made up her mind. As much as it'd break her heart to say it, she knew she had to say it.

She knew that he knew what she was going to say next.

She couldn't live with this feeling anymore. Being with him would always cause her to feel self conscious of herself.

To her, he was her world. He was her everything. She loves him so much that it hurted.

But she knew that she couldn't be with him while she felt this way about herself. It would only make it worse for him.

She would do anything to not see him suffer. She knew that she would be the reason for his suffering.

Her self conscious would always get the best of her now, just like it did tonight.

"Let me go." She quietly whispered to him, crying harder.

He couldn't stop himself, he started crying too.

He knew he had to let her go. It was the only way to make her happyy.

Before, he would always respect any decision she made and he would support her in anything she does.

Although this decision she made was hard for him to accept, he knew that he had to. For her sake.

He slowly released her as he looked into her eyes. He could see that she was crying just as much as he did.

It was hard on both of them but they knew that they gotta do what they gotta do.

It broke both their hearts at what their about to do.

They both slowly stood up, heart broken.

She slowly touched his eye, nose, lips and caressed his cheeks. "I'm sorry."

He removed her hand from his cheek and held onto it, "I'll be waiting for you, always."

She nodded her head then turned around and slowly walk away.

She could feel her entire world come crashing down with every step she took away from him.

She wanted to turn around and run back into his arms where she felt safe and loved.

But she knew that she had to do this, for her sake.

And he knew that he had to let her go in order for her to become stronger.

"I'll always love you, Lee Chaerin." He whispered as he watches her figure slowly disappear into the dark.

"I'll always love you, Dong YoungBae." She whispered to herself.

The next day, people were all talking about 2NE1's leader's sudden departure to America. YG had told the public that CL was to temporarily leave 2NE1 to focus on personal issues. CL would return when she was ready.

He knew this would happen. He knew she would leave but it hurt all the same when he found out about it.

He just hoped that she would find that self confidence in her and return. Return back to him.

He would wait for her return.