Viva la Resistance!

Magical Snow Day
Jongup huddled further down into his coat to protect himself from the cold air around him as he slowly made his way down the sidewalk. It was so cold outside today but the sound of snow crunching beneath his shoes and the sight of the white blanket covering everything in sight served to remind him of why he was out and about as opposed to staying inside enjoying the warm comfort of central heat.
 
The reason, of course, is that it had snowed so much the previous night that school had been cancelled for the next couple of days. And, to him at least, it seemed almost disrespectful to stay inside instead of taking advantage of the cold, white fluff that had given him a well-deserved break from the pain that was school. 
 
Shivering, Jongup to a driveway and walked up to the door of the house he'd been to so many times before, knocking rapidly on the thick wood. He gave the occupant a couple of minutes to answer the door only to frown in disappointment when no one opened the door. He tried knocking again with the same result before finally settling for using his voice to spur the person inside to answer.
 
"Choi Junhong! Come and answer the door! I already know you're awake in there watching your cartoons!" He shouted, waiting to see if he'd get his best friend to answer this time.
 
There was a loud crash and a bump before the door was opened to reveal a very sleepy Junhong, a large brown blanket wrapped around him and his hair askew on his head. "Jesus, Jonguppie - it's below zero out here!" He reached out to grab Jongup's hand, yanking him inside so he could shut the cold out.
 
Only when he'd done that, did he discard the blanket, revealing his usual attire of sleep pants and a tank top. He shook the cold off of him and gave his best friend a look. "What are you doing here this time of the day? School's cancelled - why are you out in the middle of the coldest freaking day of the month?"
 
"Because school's cancelled of course," Jongup replied, a 'duh' tone to his voice as if it should've been obvious. He pulled both his beanie and mittens off, scrubbing his hands together to allow the warmth to soak back into his numb fingers. He looked at Junhong then.
 
"I thought you'd like to join me at the park to play in the snow, Junhonggie," He said, smiling brightly, "It seems so wrong to not take advantage of a snow day, you know?"
 
Junhong regarded the brown headed boy before grinning brightly. "Alright! Hey, are we going to get the hyungs?" He questioned as he grabbed Jongup's hand and pulled him back to his bedroom. He began rifling through his closet for his thick clothes, grumbling under his breath at his unorganized clothes, he should really go through them.
 
Jongup nodded as he plopped onto his best friend's bed, realizing a little late that Junhong couldn't see the action. "I was planning to but you know how Himchan hyung is about the cold and Yongguk hyung will probably be just as difficult." He answered, "I'm sure we can convince them somehow though."
 
Oh right, how could he forget? Their two eldest friends were difficult to get to do anything - much less get out into the cold; Himchan more than Yongguk honestly. Junhong poked his head out of his closet and hummed thoughtfully before a grin slowly worked its way onto his lips.
 
"What about Youngjae? You know Himchan likes him - and if Himchan goes, he'll make Yongguk go because 'it isn't fair that his magnificent face has to bear the cold while 'the brute' gets to stay warm' - or did I get that wrong?"
 
Jongup snickered and shook his head, "Nope! That certainly sounds like something Himchan would say." He hummed, thinking over what Junhong had said. "We should go get Youngjae hyung first then. Have you found your clothes yet, Junhonggie?"
 
"No! I can't find my freaking black bea–oh, there it is," Junhong made a face as he grabbed the very beanie he'd been looking for that had been rest right in front of him the whole time he'd been diving deep into his closet for it.
 
"Cram it, Jongup," He muttered, sending a look to Jongup before carefully pulling off his pajamas and getting dressed into his warm clothes, being sure to layer them on accordingly since they'd be out in the snow.
 
"Cram what?" Jongup blinked innocently, a small but mischievous grin on his lips as he pushed himself off of the other boy's bed and dodged a swat aimed his way. He waited for the younger to finish adjusting his clothes before leading the way out of Junhong's bedroom and then outside altogether.
 
They began the slow and careful trek to Youngjae's house, thanking the heavens and deities that the older boy didn't live very far away from where Junhong lived. Along the way they made idle chit-chat about this or that to pass the time and take their mind off the cold. Luckily, it wasn't long before they were standing in front of the older boy's door.
 
"So... do we knock?" Jongup questioned, shuffling his feet almost anxiously. Youngjae was quite unpredictable when it came to asking things of him - sometimes he'd agree quickly but other times he wouldn't. He was hoping the older would opt for the former today.
 
Junhong stared at the blue door of Youngjae's house, shrugging his shoulders some. "Dunno..." He reached up, balled his fist and knocked gently. He leaned against the door some to listen for footsteps, pulling away with a grin when he heard just what he'd wanted to. "He's coming."
 
The swung open not a moment later, revealing the older boy who was clad in a thick sweater and jeans. Youngjae's eyebrows raised, surprised to see the two at his door, "Jongup? Junhong? What are you two doing here?"
 
"We were going to go and play in the snow and were wondering if you'd like to come and join us," Jongup spoke sweetly, crossing his fingers inside his mittens that Youngjae would agree.
 
"You're... going to play in the snow..." Youngjae said slowly, looking between the two who nodded vigorously. "You do realize its freaking cold out there and you run the risk of getting hypothermia if not pneumonia too from getting wet, right?"
 
Their smiles weren't fazed by the boy's usual realistic ranting; he'd always been matter of fact, that was one downside to having a friend who was not only an overachiever but also a bookworm. Junhong, however, was prepared for it. "Yeah, hyung, we know. But... Himchan's coming too."
 
Youngjae paused instantly in whatever else he was about to start rambling on about at the mention of the second eldest's name, eyes brightening with intrigue. "He is?"
 
And just like that, Jongup and Junhong knew they had the older boy right where they wanted him. Whoever said it didn't pay to have two friends who skirted around their feelings for one another obviously never got a chance to reap the benefits of the situation. 
 
"Yeah, hyung. We were going to go get him and Yongguk hyung next actually," Jongup replied with a smile.
 
Youngjae hesitated for just a brief moment before nodding, "I'll be right back." He closed the door and once he could no longer hear the other's footsteps, Jongup pumped his fist victoriously.
 
"That was a lot easier than I thought it would be." Jongup grinned, "What do you think, Junhonggie?"
 
Junhong smirked and nodded, "Yup! And if we get there and Himchan refuses to go even with Youngjae, then I know exactly what to do to convince Yongguk hyung and he'll make Himchan come along, if he has to drag him."
 
Jongup nodded in agreement with the plan only to pause. "How are you going to convince Yongguk hyung?" He asked, blinking rapidly at his friend.
 
"Wellllll, Daehyun hyung told me that he and Yongguk hyung were talking one day when he let slip that he's weak against pouts and wide, teary eyes... which is exactly what Himchan said I have. I'll have Yongguk convinced with just a simple whimper," Junhong grinned proudly, nodding his head again.
 
"You just want an excuse to get Yonggukkie hyung to dote on you, Junhong, admit it," Jongup smiled slyly. He had no doubts that the pouting would work on the elder but he knew his friend also had an ulterior motive with it too. "You know you don't have to even pout with Yongguk hyung - he'll do whatever you want him to if you just ask, Junhonggie."
 
Junhong gave a soft snort, "Everyone always says that, even Jieun noona, 'just ask him, there's nothing he won't do for you'," He repeated in a high voice, mimicking their noona who lived just across the park. "But yet, he doesn't show any kind of affection towards me other than patting me on the head like a kid. I'm 17 now, dammit..." He crossed his arms.
 
"It's the pouting that gets you treated like a kid, Junhong-ah." Youngjae stated dryly, his sudden presence making the two teens jump. He chuckled softly, "He shows more affection for you than you think - you just don't see it."
 
"Hyung's right." Jongup agreed wholeheartedly. "He stares at you a lot but you're never paying attention when he does it so you don't realize it."
 
The youngest looked between the two and nodded his head, a bit disheartened. He wanted to spend the first snow day with Yongguk, but that day had already come and gone thanks to school and even if he got to spend time with him today, Yongguk would more than likely be on his guard.
 
He was silent as they walked to Yongguk and Himchan's shared apartment, letting Youngjae and Jongup lead him up to the 3rd floor where the two were. "Do you think my age bothers him?" Junhong suddenly asked, frowning some. Yongguk would be 23 next March, which was almost a complete 6 year age difference. It wasn't a question he hadn't asked already, but it was one that none of them could really answer as Yongguk never said much on the matter.
 
Jongup stayed silent while Youngjae sighed softly at the familiar question, "You know we can't answer that, Junhong. Hyung is hard enough to read about regular things - it's almost impossible when it concerns things like this."
 
"You should try asking him, Junhonggie. You'll never get an answer until you do." Jongup added, patting his friend's shoulder comfortingly.
 
Junhong merely sighed and nodded, he didn't know why he actually expected an answer this time. He went back into silence as they approached the two college students' apartment door. Youngjae was the one to knock this time. A few moments passed before Himchan answered the door, his black sweater hanging off his shoulder to show his white tank top.
 
"Well afternoon guys, what are you doing in this kind of weather?" Himchan asked, sweeping his blonde hair out of his eyes. He moved aside to let the three of them in as Youngjae shot Junhong a look that so obviously meant that he knew Junhong lied about Himchan.
 
"Well... we actually were going to go play in the snow..." Jongup replied, laughing nervously at the dirty look being given to the maknae. He quickly darted in front of Junhong to prevent any possible bloodshed that might occur and gave Youngjae a pleading look to spare the younger.
 
"This time..." Youngjae muttered under his breath threateningly, giving one last look to Junhong before turning to face Himchan as the elder closed the door. "We wanted to know if you and Yongguk hyung might be interested in joining us."
 
Himchan raised an eyebrow at the look between the two before looking at Youngjae with a thoughtful hum. "Well... I was planning on just staying in and watching dramas, but sure - why not?" He gave a smirk, his eyes darted to Junhong then, "Yongguk is still asleep - you should go and wake him, just not with cold fingers. He may murder you unintentionally."
 
Junhong's eyes brightened and he shed his large over coat and mittens, rubbing his hands together to warm them as he rushed back to Yongguk's room. He pulled at the sleeves on his sweater before carefully stepping around the different pictures and art supplies strewn across the floor of the eldest's room. He approached the bed where Yongguk slept peacefully.
 
"Hyung?”
 
 
"You agreed entirely too quick for someone who doesn't like the cold..." Youngjae murmured, eyes narrowed suspiciously as he looked at Himchan. Inwardly he was jumping for joy that Himchan had, considering Junhong's little lie, but he couldn't help but wonder what had made him say 'yes' so quickly.
 
"Maybe hyung has finally realized that winter is not the enemy." Jongup supplied helpfully, eyes on his phone.
 
Himchan snorted at Youngjae's words. "Hey, it's a free country - can't I agree to go out into the cold with my friends? Disrespectful dongsaengs," He gave a dramatic sigh. He then grinned, "You two want some hot chocolate while we wait? Yongguk's hard to get up, remember?"
 
"I want some!" Jongup cheered as he rushed into the small kitchen, nearly colliding with the wall as he read the text that had just come through from Daehyun. "I saw that, I swear!" He called behind him.
 
"Sure you did..." Youngjae chuckled as he walked with Himchan to the kitchen. "If Yongguk hyung would actually learn to go to sleep at a decent hour instead of staying up all night then he wouldn't be hard to get up." He rolled his eyes.
 
Himchan nodded his head some, "Exactly, and if certain people would stop texting and walking, we'll all live in a better world," He sent Jongup a playful smirk before walking past him to grab two mugs. He measured out the powder for the hot chocolate and then poured some milk into a pot to heat it up.
 
While he waited for it to heat, Himchan turned and rested against the counter. "So, I'll bet you guys are happy there's no school for the next few days, huh?"
 
"Not really." Youngjae answered with a pout on his lips. "I had two tests for class that were supposed to be given today and tomorrow. I worked my off studying for nothing."
 
"At least you have more time to study now?" Jongup offered helpfully, glancing up from his phone to look at Youngjae.
 
Youngjae sighed, "I suppose so, but I would've really preferred to go ahead and take them now." He nodded, glancing at Himchan then. "Are you enjoying the unexpected break from school, hyung?"
 
Himchan chuckled wryly, "What break?" He didn't give Jongup or Youngjae a chance to even question, as he'd already begun explaining, "I still have some online classes and a couple of papers due by day after tomorrow... so when we get done outside, it's to the computer with me." He sighed bitterly and then turned to check on the milk.
 
Seeing that it was done, he finished their hot chocolate and handed it to them both, "So, Jongup, what's Fattie saying?"
 
Jongup paused in blowing on his hot chocolate to look in between the two older boys who were giving him expectant looks, a blush rising on his cheeks. "H-How did you know it was Daehyun hyung?"
 
Youngjae rolled his eyes upwards, "Simple - you never pay that much attention to your phone unless you're talking to him."
 
"O-oh really?" Jongup blushed brighter and looked down at his mug. He cleared his throat then, "Daehyun hyung said he wanted to join us but he had some things to do around the house before he could come. He said it wouldn't take long and that he'd probably be done by the time we managed to get Yongguk hyung up and down to the park." He grinned.
 
Youngjae gave a soft snort and nodded, "That sounds highly likely." He took a careful sip from his cup, humming thoughtfully for a moment before looking at Himchan. "Hyung? If you need any help with your papers, I wouldn't mind helping. I've got nothing better to do anyway."
 
"I think I'd like that, Youngjae-ah," Himchan replied coolly, settling down at the small kitchen table and motioning for the two boys to do the same. His eyes lingered on Youngjae, pleased with the idea that they would be spending a little extra time together thanks to the weather.
 
"So after playing in the snow for a few hours, we can come back here and I'll show you what I've got and what I still need to do then," Himchan smiled at Youngjae, glancing over at Jongup as he buried himself into his phone, his cheeks lighting up with a tint of pink at whatever Daehyun was saying.
 
Youngjae managed to keep his own cheeks from turning pink at the smile Himchan had given him, wanting to punch himself for feeling so giddy over being able to spend time alone with the older. The fact that they'd be studying wasn't at all a negative to him. "Sounds good, hyung," He replied, glancing over at Jongup as well. "What the hell is he saying?"
 
"A-ah, nothing!" Jongup replied quickly, shoving his phone into his pocket and offering the two a smile. "He's just talking about... stuff... yeah, just talking about stuff." He nodded, shifting uncomfortably in his seat under the unwavering gazes.
 
"What kinds of 'stuff'?" Youngjae asked.
 
Jongup laughed nervously and squirmed more, "Just... stuff. He's being typical Daehyun hyung is all." He nodded vigorously.
 
Himchan rolled his eyes upwards and played with a napkin that'd been left on the table from who know what meal. "Probably the typical flirting from Fattie - you know how he is, 'Jonguppie is a cutie' or 'Jonguppie can steal food from me any time' or something really cheesy like that." He grinned at Youngjae, imitating Daehyun perfectly (in his opinion).
 
"It is not..." Jongup insisted, his blush growing impossibly brighter even at his denial.
 
"Of course not, Jonguppie. I'm sure he's just being completely innocent." Youngjae snickered softly, sharing a small smirk with Himchan. Teasing Jongup about Daehyun was just too fun.
 
"He is!" Jongup replied firmly, a pout beginning to form on his lips because of the teasing. "All he's saying is that he wishes he was already done with his chores around the house..." He nodded, glancing at his phone as it went off again to signal another text from Daehyun.
 
"Yeah–'wish I was done so I could come and play with Jonguppie, it'll be so much fun'!" Himchan said in mock Daehyun voice. When Jongup pouted more, Himchan knew he'd hit the nail on the head. "Uh huh, knew it–Dae is being a little sap..." Despite the pout on Jongup's face, he still looked completely cheerful and the three of them fell into a comfortable silence.
 
 
"Yonggukkie hyung?" Junhong called softly, gently shaking his shoulder.
 
Yongguk grumbled something unintelligible under his breath as he swatted at Junhong. "Go away..." He mumbled, rolling away from the younger.
 
"Hyung~" Junhong half whined, half cooed. Why did Yongguk have to be cute when he grumbled? He was a manly guy, he shouldn't be allowed to be cute and handsome at the same time! Junhong rested his knees on the bed, hovering over Yongguk, gently poking his cheek with a finger. "Hyung? Come on, wake up already..."
 
"Don't wanna...." Yongguk mumbled, batting Junhong's finger away from his cheek. "Too early... too cold..." He continued, burrowing down under his covers as if to emphasize his point.
 
At this point Junhong was getting annoyed, why couldn't Yongguk learn to sleep at a decent hour instead of staying awake all night and sleeping all day? Just because he took night classes, didn't mean he could use it as an excuse to sleep all day and miss out on hanging out with his friends.
 
"Hyung... do you want me to put my cold feet on you?" Junhong threatened, whispering into Yongguk's ear.
 
"Do you want an icicle shoved up your ?" Yongguk questioned, his previous sleep filled voice gone now. He slowly turned his head to look at Junhong, smirking, "Good morning, Junhong."
 
Junhong gave the smirk right back, "Such a nice hyung being so mean to your dongsaengs, especially your so-called favorite."
 
"It's because you're my favorite that I'm so mean," Yongguk chuckled as he lifted a hand to ruffle Junhong's hair. He gave him a half-smile, "So what brings you into my bedroom threatening to stick your cold feet to me?"
 
"Jonguppie came by and asked to go play in the snow, so we gathered everyone up - you and Daehyun are the last two we need to make our group complete," Junhong explained quite happily. He half laid on Yongguk, his stomach resting over the elder's hip, "So... wanna come? Please?"
 
"Now why would I wanna go out and play in something that's going to make me freeze when I am perfectly content and warm where I am?" Yongguk questioned teasingly, fingers playing with the tips of Junhong's bangs.
 
Junhong sighed dejectedly, his head resting on the bed by Yongguk's arm, a(n upside down) pout on his lips at the teasing. "Because we haven't all be able to get together for a while because of all the exams and other stupid school stuff and it'll be fun and we can take down the other four in our very own fort - please, hyung?"
 
"Now you're just playing dirty, Junhonggie..." Yongguk sighed, turning on his side to face the younger boy. "Hanging out sounds fun enough but you have to add in declaring war on our friends... very tempting..." He hummed, staring at Junhong. He smirked then, "I suppose you can count me in."
 
Junhong grinned brightly, "Really? Yay!" He jumped up and sprang to the door, "Guys! I got him up!" He called out happily, turning to look at Yongguk.
 
"Come on hyung - hurry!!" He shouted excitedly, quickly weaving through the papers and supplies once more as he made his way over to the closet and began ruffling through the different clothes to pick his sluggish hyung out some clothes to wear.
 
"I can pick my own clothes out you know..." Yongguk drawled as he sat up in bed, watching as Junhong simply ignored him and kept mumbling to himself about if this shirt or that one would be better. His lips turned upwards into a fond smile and he silently wondered how he'd been lucky enough to meet the bratty yet kind-hearted teen.
 
"Socks are in the bottom drawer on the left." Yongguk supplied when he saw Junhong heading towards his dresser, a shirt, pants, jacket and other essentials for the weather outside hanging over his arm. "Do you want to dress me too or do I get to do that myself?"
 
Junhong blushed a bright red as he realized what exactly he'd been doing, looking down at the clothes in his arms. "Um... no, you can dress yourself - you're a big boy after all, right?" He replied, grinning widely and grabbed some socks out of the half open drawer before depositing all the clothes onto the artist's bed.
 
"Very big." Yongguk smirked as he swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, circling around to the other side as he stripped out of his pants and shirt so he could get dressed. "Go ahead and go in the kitchen; I'll be there in a couple of minutes, okay?" He smiled at Junhong, ruffling his hair playfully.
 
Junhong scrunched his nose up but did as Yongguk asked, retreating out of the room with bright red cheeks. When his three friends saw him, they began laughing at him, poking fun at how adorable he looked with the blush and questioning him why he was blushing.
 
"S-Shut up!" Junhong whined, stealing some of Jongup's hot chocolate.
 
 
It didn't take long for their play to soon turn into an all out snow ball war; Junhong had gotten smart beforehand and had already built a small wall to hide behind. When Yongguk ducked behind it to get away from the assault from their three friends, Junhong grinned at him and handed him the large snowball he had been working on making.
 
"I'll distract them if you'll throw this one," He whispered, already forming some more snowballs.
 
Yongguk's eyes held an almost sadistic gleam as he stared at the large snowball now resting in his mitten covered hands, a wide smirk spreading across his lips. "Deal," He replied, positioning himself so he could peek over the wall, a target already in mind.
 
Junhong grinned brightly and quickly stood up with an arm full of snow balls, chucking them as fast as he could, all the while yelling, "Viva la Resistance!" in a thick accent.
 
Himchan popped up from behind the misshapen wall he and Youngjae had built, "That was a movie reference!"
 
"You idiot!" Youngjae hissed, tugging on the back of Himchan's coat, "Get down right now!"
 
His words came much too late though because the next thing they both heard was a fierce war cry from the direction Junhong and Yongguk's fort was located and then a massive snowball was launched directly at them - most specifically Himchan. 
 
Youngjae cursed and quickly dove out of the way because, crush or not, that was one of the biggest ing snowballs he'd ever seen in his life. When he turned back around, it was just in time to see the snow(cannon)ball hit Himchan directly in the chest and knock him off of his feet and onto the ground behind him. The older didn't move or make sound.
 
"Is he dead?" Jongup called from the tree he'd been hiding behind, head poked out from around it to see what was going on.
 
"He's still breathing - I think he's just in shock!" Youngjae shouted back, rolling his eyes as Yongguk began roaring with laughter.
 
"Augh... my freaking chest hurts," Himchan groaned, sitting up and rubbing his chest. His blonde hair was messy from his fall, some strands sticking out here and there. He glared in the direction of Yongguk, "Yah, Bang Yongguk - don't forget who you live with!"
 
"Um... you know, I still have chores I can do at the house," A surprised Daehyun spoke up as he happened upon the scene.
 
"Too late!" Junhong shouted, launching even more snow balls (prompting everyone to wonder when he'd had time to make so many). Daehyun dodged as many as he could, falling behind the makeshift wall Youngjae and Himchan were hiding behind, accidentally knocking over some of it.
 
"Daehyun, you dolt - fix that!" Himchan cried out as he began making snow balls for a counter attack.
 
Youngjae was quick to help Daehyun build the wall back up again, cursing under his breath as he dodged snowball after snowball from Junhong and Yongguk. "Yah! You've got a snowball maker or something over there you cheaters!" He finally shouted, gasping as a slightly larger snowball hit him. "Bang Yongguk you !"
 
"That wasn't me!" Yongguk cried out, launching another snowball towards Himchan. "It wasn't Junhong either!"
 
"Then who the hell–" Youngjae's shout was cut off as he took a snowball to the side his head, shivering when the melted ice trickled down his neck and under his shirt. 
 
"Sorry hyung!" Jongup apologized but the way he was snickering and grinning like mad said that he was anything but sorry. His eyes brightened then and he came out from behind the tree, "Daehyun hyung! When did you get here?"
 
Daehyun gave a little wave to Jongup and opened his mouth to say something only to pause when Youngjae launched a snowball at Jongup, hitting the boy square in the face. He fell over in laughter at the look on Jongup's face (mild shock and the usual bright grin as though it hadn't fazed him).
 
Himchan jumped on Daehyun and began shoving snow down his shirt, completely ignoring the fact that he was getting pummeled by snow balls in the back. Suddenly he rolled off of Daehyun and shouted, "You know what would be even better for a snow ball fight? A bra!"
 
At their second eldest friend's words, all snowball launching ceased.
 
"How in the hell would you even know that?" Yongguk questioned as he and Junhong journeyed from behind their fort and over to the others.
 
Youngjae nodded in agreement, raising an eyebrow at Jongup who was now making a snow angel - the kid really was quite strange at times.
 
"Himchan, as your roommate, I have the right to know if you have any midnight exploits that should've been told to me a long time ago - like before we decided to share an apartment." Yongguk murmured, crossing his arms over his chest. "The last thing I need is to find women's underwear hanging around our apartment."
 
Himchan lay back in the snow and rolled his eyes upwards. Why had the conversation suddenly drifted to the ual adventures he may or may not have had in the past? Oh right - the bra comment. He shook his head at his friends who each gave him judgmental looks, "You guys seem to keep forgetting I have a younger sister, who, I might add, is also friends with Hyosung - you know, the loudmouth on campus?"
 
With a knowing nod from Yongguk, Himchan smirked. "Besides, I'm gay - or couldn't you already tell?"
 
"No, your love of fashion and tendency to cry at sappy drama scenes was in no way a hint to it." Yongguk drawled sarcastically.
 
Youngjae threw a handful of snow at him, "Quit stereotyping. Not all gay guys do that, you know..." He mumbled, plopping down beside Himchan.
 
"Of course I do because I don't do that." Yongguk said, glancing at Junhong who was rubbing his hands together furiously. "Everything alright, Junhonggie?"
 
"Hyungs..." Came a whine from Jongup, "Can someone help me up? I think I made my snow angel too deep..." He said pitifully and sure enough when they all looked over it was to see Jongup surrounded by a few inches of snow on all sides from the snow angel he'd gotten carried away with creating.
 
Daehyun jumped up to help Jongup out of his hole with Himchan and Youngjae following afterwards before Junhong looked at Yongguk and smiled, "My mittens are wet, that's all hyung."
 
He pulled his mittens off and squeezed the melted snow out of them, slinging them around some in attempt to dry them before placing them back on, his fingers shaking from the cold. He knew he'd soon need to leave and get some more mittens from home or just go ahead and call it a day, but he really didn't want to do that - he wanted to spend as much time as he possibly could with his hyungs (especially Yongguk).
 
"Thanks hyung..." Jongup murmured, a small blush of embarrassment on his cheeks from needing the help in the first place. He stood close to Daehyun nonetheless, very happy to finally have the older boy with them now.
 
Yongguk frowned as he watched Junhong's hands continue to tremble, stepping closer to him and yanking off Junhong's soaked mittens. He pulled his own off then and slipped them onto the younger's cold hands, rubbing them afterwards to get the warmth back in them. "How's that?"
 
"Aish, I'm cold..." Youngjae hissed then as he huddled deeper into his jacket. It'd been warmer before because they'd been moving around but now that they weren't, the cold had come back with a fierceness. "Who wants something hot to drink? I'm buying." He said, looking around at his friends.
 
Daehyun grinned at Jongup and then to Youngjae, "I do - if you're buying, I'll happily drink some coffee." Himchan shook his head at Daehyun, muttering something about fattie, but Daehyun barely paid him any attention, more interested in chatting with Jongup.
 
"Sure, let's go see if the other two want to come - they seem a bit wrapped up in one another today," Himchan smirked, pointing at Yongguk and Junhong.
 
"Ah... thank you hyung..." Junhong replied, smiling shyly. "They feel a little better now, but what about you?"
 
"He won't need to worry about his hands getting cold, we're heading to the cafe around the corner," Himchan beamed as the group approached the two boys, "Come on, let's get something warm to drink."
 
Yongguk and Junhong nodded in agreement, allowing Youngjae and Himchan to take the lead of the group as they made their way to the cafe not too far from the park. They chattered amongst themselves - or bickering in the case of Youngjae and Daehyun over the latter's statement of wanting a slice of cheesecake - about everything and nothing, the most prominent being their plans for Christmas.