It's 4 in the Morning and She's Hungry

It's 4 in the Morning and She's Hungry

 

It's 4 in the morning and she's hungry.

She turns to her side, carefully watching her stomach, and whispers this in his ear. When he shows no sign of movement, she gently shoves him and traces his cheek. "Ji," she whispers again.

He rubs his eyes sleepily. "Dara? Why are you awake?" he asks in a groggy voice.

"She's hungry again, Ji."

He groans and faces her. "Your killing me, Dara. You know I have work tomorrow."

Dara sighs and makes small circles with the tip of her finger on her stomach. "Me too, but the baby claerly doesn't."

At the mention of their baby, Ji Yong moves down so that he is face-to-face ... err ... face-to-stomach with her tummy. He rubs it gently and gives it a kiss. "Love, umma and appa have work tomorrow. Just let us have some sleep and we'll feed you in the morning, arasseo?"

Ji Yong waits for a moment, when he suddenly feels his child kick. He sighs again just as Dara said, "Food, Ji Yong. Now. She demanding for it."

He sits up and makes more of a mess of his hair than it already is. "Dara, I'm tired."

She gives him her signature pout. "Ji, come one. Just go downstairs with us and prepare us something. You don't even have to stay."

Ji Yong groans and stands up. He looks at his pillow wistfully and offers his hand to Dara, which she gladly takes, and said, "Fine. Just because I'm a good husband."

Dara claps her hands excitedly and hugs his arm as they walk down to the kitchen together.

 


 

Ji Yong turns the lights on as Dara sits on the chair in front of the counter. "Alrigt, Mrs. Kwon, what would you like?"

Dara giggles. "I love the sound of that," she says dreamily. He chuckles softly. He knows exactly what she's talking about. He gives her lips a quick peck and asks what she wants again. "Alright, I'd like some chocolate ice cream, please," she requests.

He obliged and quickly put together two bowls of chocolate ice crea,, her serving slightly fuller than his, with a slice of strawberry topping both.

The moment he set the two bowls on the counter, she digs in like a pig. He laughs and starts eating his own ice cream and says, "Alright loves, enjoy your ice cream." She nods and gave him two thumbs up.

Ji Yong was nowhere near halfway done with his ice cream when Dara pushes her empty bowl forward. Ji Yong looks at her in amazement, his spoon full of ice cream suspended in midair, whilst she looks at him with pleading eyes. His gaze switches from her eyes, to his full bowl of ice cream, to her empty bowl, and then back up to her eyes again. He knows exactly what she wants.

He sighs in fake disappointment. "First you wake me up so early in the morning and then you steal my food?"

Dara smiles brightly and takes the opportunity to take the spoon from his hold and pull his bowl in front of her. He shakes his head and lays his head on his forearms, which were flat on the counter. "It's a good thing I love you, Dara."

She laughs and scoops up some ice cream and positions it in front of his mouth. He takes the spoon into his mouth and says, "New rule: if you two ever wake me up before I'm supposed to wake up, I get to finish my ice cream."

Dara just gives out another hearty laugh and brings another scoop to his mouth. "Just eat your ice cream, Ji Yong." 

 


 

comments?

critique me, bash me, compliment me, whatever...

just leave something(: