Two Persons, More Than One Similarity (Part 2 - END)

Two Persons, One Similarity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Unbeta-ed. :)

Changmin stopped his words abruptly and immediately cursed himself in silence. He just realized that he made a mistake by stating about boyfriend in front of the other. Changmin already had a guess that Jaejoong was a normal man; loving a normal woman instead of man. What if Jaejoong felt disgusted over him because of his ual orientation?

 

“That was quite unbelievable, you know?” replied Jaejoong with a slight chuckle, as if never realized the sudden anxiety from Changmin’s words.

“Was it?” asked Changmin back, laughing nervously as he saw a nod from Jaejoong. He didn’t know and actually didn’t want to guess Jaejoong’s thought about his ual orientation anymore. “So...”

 “So...?” repeated Jaejoong patiently, tilting his head within curiosity.

Changmin really wanted to scream and told the other to not put such innocent face in front of him. Who knew what Changmin could do, when he was losing control over himself. “So...” he trailed off once more, playing with the foods on his plate. “Just curious. I wonder if you have a... girlfriend.”

“I don’t have one right now,” stated Jaejoong almost right away.

As there was another awkward silence, Jaejoong noticed that Changmin was seemingly disappointed with his answer. Knowing about that, Jaejoong smiled meaningfully towards the other. “I never had one and won’t, Changmin,” he added. “But I did have a boyfriend in the past.”

Changmin couldn’t say anything. He was just gaping as wide as he could, as he didn’t expect for the other to easily confess about his ual orientation like that.

“My ex-boyfriend... His name was Yunho. Jung Yunho,” Jaejoong continued his words; didn’t realize that Changmin was widening his eyes upon the familiar name. “He was actually kind, but I just didn’t find any chemistry with him. We-”

“Wait. Wait.” As Changmin finally regained his consciousness back, he was immediately cutting the other’s words. He didn’t really care whether he was being rude or not, as long as he could gain the fishy information from Jaejoong. “What did you say?!”

“I didn’t find any chemistry with him?” repeated Jaejoong within his confusion.

“No... I meant the name of your ex-boyfriend. Who was he?” asked Changmin once more, this time with more complete words.

“Jung Yunho. He was a friend of my friend-”

“I knew him quite well too. Actually, my cousin was once introducing that person to me for another blind date or someth- Wait...” Changmin stopped his words and stared directly at the shorter one, showing a slight doubt on his eyes. “Where did you get your jacket, if I may ask you?”

“Park Yoochun. Your cousin, right?” replied Jaejoong smoothly, as if he has waited for a long time to hear Changmin’s question towards him.

Changmin practically face-palmed himself, as he was unintentionally throwing the curses aloud. He really felt like a fool, for never realizing the obvious fact since before. After all, it was too good to be a pure coincidence for him to meet someone like Jaejoong with the same jacket. Moreover, Jaejoong already knew him even before they’ve met with each other.

“I should know it,” murmured Changmin as he was lowering his head in disappointment.

“Changmin?” called Jaejoong; feeling worried all of sudden as he noticed the sudden change.

Changmin ruffled his hair slightly, before looking back at Jaejoong and giving the other a sad smile. “So... everything was already planned since the start, right?” Changmin said confidently. “Yoochun-Hyung must have asked you to come and try having a certain relationship with me.”

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows upon the words from Changmin, finally catching the meaning behind Changmin’s words. Unconsciously, Jaejoong one was immediately smiling warmly towards the other. “I think you’ve mistaken the meaning of my words, Changmin,” replied him calmly.

“Eh-?”

“Yoochun never asked me to do so. Never even once,” Jaejoong started his explanation. “It was true that Yoochun have told me about you. But it was nothing like you’ve thought, Changmin. He just told me proudly that you’re the one took the photographs in the magazine that he always brought to my place. I think you should have known it as well, since Yoochun always said that he wanted to bring some of my cake for his cousin.”

“But then- How- You- The jacket...”

As Changmin has stuttered completely with his words, he was immediately taking a deep breath to calm himself down. After a moment of silence, Changmin was finally calmed down and ready to face Jaejoong once more. “Let me rephrase my words,” he said, before getting a nod as reply almost right away. “How could you come to the same park with me, with the same jacket and the same time? Was there such thing as coincidence like that? Because I don’t believe it at all.”

“I don’t think that it’s a pure coincidence, actually,” Jaejoong replied with another sweet smile. “I believe that Yoochun has planned everything secretly since before, so that we could meet with each other.”

“And you never knew it as well..?” asked Changmin skeptically.

“Never,” Jaejoong stated confidently. “Yoochun just told me about the park and kind of forced me to go there today. He said something like I would regret it later, if I didn’t follow his words. Yoochun also reminded me to wear the jacket that he has given to me some days before; because it could snow anytime, he said.”

“Well...” Changmin replied uncertainly, still in between; whether to believe on Jaejoong or not. “It was so Yoochun-Hyung, actually.”

“Because he was the one said those to me,” replied Jaejoong back.

“But... then... when did you realize that Yoochun-Hyung has planned these?” asked Changmin again, wanting to make sure so that he could believe on someone that has captivated him.

“Ever since the first time I recognized you as Yoochun’s cousin... THE Shim Changmin,” Jaejoong said with a soft giggle at first, before showing a sad look as he finally realized that it might hurt Changmin somehow. “I’m sorry, did it too rude? I just wanted to know you better as... ourselves; not someone that has relation with Yoochun.”

Changmin remained in silence for a moment, as he was just blinking his eyes rapidly in the process. “Oh... No. That’s fine,” Changmin finally answered. “I’m glad that Yoochun-Hyung was so persistent in matching me with someone. Or else, we wouldn’t be able to meet with each other.”

Jaejoong giggled happily, feeling relieved with the fact that Changmin didn’t mad or disappointed at him anymore. He was staring back at Changmin once more, this time with a meaningful smile. “So,” said him; intentionally stopped in the mid-way.

“So...?” repeated Changmin.

“What do you say about this blind date?” asked Jaejoong.

Changmin almost choked on his ice cream sundae (Yes, he has finished the fourth plate and started eating his i

Please log in to read the full chapter