Two Persons, More Than One Similarity (Part 1)

Two Persons, One Similarity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Unbeta-ed.
Since it was too long to be in one chapter, I've decided to split the last chapter into two. ^^ Enjoy~

Along their way towards the restaurant that Jaejoong has picked, Changmin was really trying hard to not tighten his arms around Jaejoong. Changmin was just able to wish silently over and over again, so that their walks would end soon. After all, Changmin definitely didn’t want to lose his sane mind yet and jumped over Jaejoong. He knew that wouldn’t be a good thing to do, even though the nice smell of Jaejoong’s hair and the softness of his skin were making Changmin crazy.

Changmin was unintentionally letting out a long sigh, right after both of them have finally arrived at the restaurant. Of course, Jaejoong was able to hear the loud noise as well; considering the fact that he stood right in front of Changmin. Jaejoong was immediately turning around to look at Changmin, wanted to know on the reason why Changmin was sighing. Soon after he could see that Changmin was sweating a lot, Jaejoong instantly tilted his head within confusion.

“Changmin? Are you okay?” asked Jaejoong between his worries, thinking that it was quite unusual for someone to sweat in this kind of weather. Without asking for any permission, Jaejoong already put his palm on Changmin’s forehead to feel the other’s temperature; didn’t know that such thing was making the other froze again. “You don’t seem sick. Are you feeling tired already?”

“I- Uh-” stuttered Changmin, wasn’t ready to reply on Jaejoong’s words yet.

“But it’s just a short walk! You should take your time to walk around or do any exercises,” Jaejoong said with a soft laughter. “I think we can go to the other places in the future. I know some of them are good for taking photographs and exercising at once.”

“Thanks. But... I just-” Changmin stopped his words abruptly in the mid-way, realizing that he has almost blurted out on how Jaejoong was way too tempting for him. Fortunately, Changmin noticed something unusual from Jaejoong’s words as well; so that he could change the topic right away. “Did... Did you just say we? Do you want us to go together next time?”

“Of course I do, Changmin. Or do you prefer to go by yourself instead?” asked Jaejoong with another pout, showing a rather clear dissatisfaction towards the other.

“No! That’s not what I wanted to say. I... I just wanted to make sure,” Changmin corrected himself quickly. “I was afraid that I heard it wrongly. Of course it will be my pleasure to go with you.”

Jaejoong giggled as he was staring back at Changmin, feeling happy with the answer from the other.

“And even better since it’s going to be the two of us,” added Changmin in whisper.

Jaejoong blinked for several times, knowing that he has heard something from the other yet wasn’t really sure on what that was about. “Did you say something?” asked him in the end.

“It’s... No. Nothing,” answered Changmin as he quickly shook his head, realizing that he was actually revealing his inner thought once more.

Upon the rather clear hesitance from the other’s words, Jaejoong knew instantly that Changmin was hiding something from him. But such an unfortunate that Jaejoong had to stop himself from asking, since one of the waiters has approached and asked them to be seated. Like it or not, Jaejoong was finally following the waiter along with Changmin; held his question back until the waiter has gone.

“So, what do you want to eat?” asked Changmin right after the waiter has left them on the seats, as he was secretly feeling relieved for not having to continue the talk about a certain topic. He flipped the menu’s book comfortably, scanning over the dishes one by one in every page. “Just choose anything you want. My treat, since you’ve helped me just now.”

“Then...” trailed Jaejoong off with his words, thinking very carefully on what he should choose to eat. Even though Jaejoong was the one who has chosen the restaurant before, didn’t mean that he knew exactly on what he wanted to order. “I still can’t decide it yet, to be honest. It’s either Beef Wellington, Chicken Prosciutto, or Cilantro and Lime Baked Shrimp. Which one, do you think?”

Changmin frowned almost right away, showing a certain expression as if the other was asking the most oblivious questions. “You don’t have to think at all,” answered him, making Jaejoong looked back within his confusion. A second later, Changmin was just shrugging it off. “Just order everything that you want. That’s fine with me, really.”

Of course, the unexpected words from Changmin was making Jaejoong widened his eyes in surprise. “What? Are you kidding me?” he asked back. “No matter how I see it, three menus are indeed too many! I won’t be able to finish everything... And it is such a waste to spoil those foods.”

Changmin rested his chin on the palm in silence, thinking on the other solutions for Jaejoong. After some moments, Changmin suddenly flicked his fingers as he was finally getting an idea. “How about you order one of those, then I will order the rest? We can share the foods together.”

“But- It’s still too many,” replied Jaejoong, feeling unsure with Changmin’s words.

Instead of answering Jaejoong’s question, Changmin just chuckled and smiled meaningfully towards the other. Changmin quickly ordered the foods that Jaejoong have mentioned before, even without the other’s consent. Not only that, he was even adding one Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup and one large Butterscotch Sundae Ice Cream as well.

“Is that all, Sir?” asked the waiter hesitantly, afraid that Changmin was just making fun of him.

Changmin remained in silence for some seconds, before nodding along as an agreement. “Yes. That’s enough for now, I think,” he answered, staring back at Jaejoong once more. “Do you want to order something else, Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong just remained gaping widely at his place, as he still couldn’t believe on the amount of foods that they’ve just ordered before.

“Jaejoong?” called Changmin, frowning within his confusion. Since Jaejoong didn’t show any reaction towards him, Changmin was immediately waving his hand in front of the other. Yet even after that, the other didn’t blink his eyes at all and just stared upon nothing. Knowing that it would be awkward for the waiter to wait them any longer, Changmin was finally sighing and looking back at the waiter. “I don’t think he’s going to order something else. But I’ll call you again if he changes his mind later.”

Soon after the waiter has gone from their sight, Changmin was immediately takin

Please log in to read the full chapter