One Similarity

Two Persons, One Similarity
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the sun's ray filtered directly through the window in the morning, Changmin was immediately curling up into a ball. He frowned as he could feel the sun’s warmness right on his face. He didn’t want to open his eyes. Changmin then instinctively pulled the cover up to his face with closed eyes. He could feel the coldness; the sun was too much for him.

Even though Changmin had put a lot efforts to go back into his dreamland, he was finally forced to wake up with a loud ring from his phone.

“Hello?” Changmin answered and sat up in the bed with a frown, obviously showing that he was annoyed with the other person’s disturbance.

“Morning, Min. Remember yesterday when you asked me to wake you up?” The other person said. “You said that you’re going to take some shots in the park this morning. If that's so, you should wake up already because the sun had already risen by now. Wakey-wakey, Minnie.”

“Okay. I’m awake,” Changmin grumbled unclearly, leaning his head on the bedpost.

“You’re not, Changmin,” the man said with a sigh. “There’s no way that you’d agree with being called Minnie if you are. Come on, Min.”

“Huh?” Changmin responded vaguely; he still couldn’t gain all of his consciousness back.

“Wake up, I said,” the man replied with another long sigh, controlling the urge to not go over and wake the younger up. “Go to the bathroom and wash your face now, Min. After that, brush your teeth and take a bath as well. Don’t forget to warm-”

“Yoochun hyung,”  Changmin called, rubbing his eyes as an effort to shoo away his drowsiness.

“-the leftovers from your dinner last night for your breakfast,” Yoochun continued; he didn’t even bother to hear Changmin’s words at all. “Don’t forget to wear the jacket as well, since it’s going to be cold today. Who knows, maybe it’ll start snowing all of sudden-”

“Stop it, hyung. It’s enough, really. I’m fully awake now,” Changmin said with annoyance, feeling quite dizzy to hear so many things from the older. “You sound like a nagging mother.”

“Good, if you are,” Yoochun said in relief. “And no. I’m not a mother, stupid.”

Changmin chuckled almost immediately upon hearing the words, knowing that Yoochun would never really mean harm with his stupid remark. “I’m off now, then,” Changmin said. “I’m going to get ready and catch shots of the morning sights. Thanks, hyung. Bye.”

“Anytime, Min. Take care and have fun,” Yoochun replied before cutting off the connection.

Changmin grunted aloud as he threw his phone somewhere on the bed, still feeling too sleepy to start his activities for the day. However, as he took a glance towards the hanging clock on the wall, the thought was instantly gone. Changmin eyes widened in surprise, realizing how late he already was.

This on his mind, Changmin  quickly gets ready by following the instructions from Yoochun. He washed his face, brushed his teeth, took a bath, and also warmed the foodin a short amount of time. Right after he's finished with his breakfast, Changmin takes out his new red jacket from the wardrobe. He stopped for a second, wondering whether he should really wear it or not. The thought that Yoochun would be mad at him if he didn’t made Changmin give up and pull on the jacket.

***

Changmin walked around the park leisurely, enjoying the fresh air and sights in the morning. He was smiling widely as he saw some children playing in the playground. Parents were laughing around with their children, couples were walking hand in hand, and many more. After all, Changmin always enjoyed observing the expressions of people and their affection towards others. That was also the reason why Changmin decided to become a photographer; he wanted to commemorate those through his lens.

The park was placed not too far away from his place. Even though it wasn’t the best park in town, Changmin always liked to go it instead of the others. For him, the park was warm enough and practically too colorful in many ways. Warm, because there were people that came there often, and colorful, because the atmosphere there was always changed in every season.

Like spring, it would be the season for watching the cherry blossoms bloom together.
Summer, it would be the season for playing with the water from the small pond.
Fall, it would be the season for being creative with the colorful leaves and pinecones.
Lastly winter, it would be the season for making the snowmen when it snowed.

Thankfully, for Changmin, the first snow hasn't fallen. That way, Changmin wouldn’t have to worry for being a victim of the snowball fight again. Changmin could still remember last year's accident, when a little boy had unintentionally thrown the snowball RIGHT at his lens.

When Changmin felt that he had enough walking already, he immediately took out his camera and the other equipment. Changmin had no patience to miss getting snaps of the beautiful moments in front of him, as he had while he walking. As soon as the camera was in Changmin’s hand, the lens would never stop focusing on something, anything.

Or at least, it wouldn’t until the lens unintentionally caught a glimpse of a familiar color.

Changmin’s lens finally stopped and focused on that color. The owner was busy observing the striking red color. He kept an eye on the color more intensively, wondering what the thing could be. Soon after that, Changmin was already looking at the thing with amusement. The red thing was a man, who was probably wearing the same jacket as he was, or one similar to his.

There’ll be

Please log in to read the full chapter